Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 12/29/2008 12:23:00 AM

This kinda sucks. I will not repurchase & will probably give it to somebody or throw it away. It lengthens fairly well, but does not thicken or define in the least & it doesn't hold. I don't like it...

on 12/28/2008 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This mascara thickens and darkens the best. It does have a strong rose odor but whatever. It looks and performs like a much more expensive mascara. It gives a thick fringe of lashes and doesnt flake. The only thing is, it isnt a glossy mascara, but who can have everything, and it only clumps the teensiest bit. All in all the most dramatic, and easy to use mascara! love!!! It makes your lashes look really splayed out like false lashes. Great dark mascara. Really builds up to an amazing look!

on 12/28/2008 7:19:00 PM

This mascara claims to make your lashes Colossal and that's what it did for me.
A couple of coats and my lashes are very bold.
This gets clumpy and I have to seperate my lashes immediately after applying.
It doesn't flake off though which is good.
Overall for the price it does what it claims but is a thick mascara.

on 12/28/2008 7:10:00 PM

I love this mascara. It doesn't make my eye lashes feel hard, it works very well at volumizing. I wouldn't change it.

Although I would recommend to wash the actual brush once you see too much build up on it to prevent clumps when you use it.

on 12/28/2008 12:51:00 PM

This mascara sux big time! It did nothing to my lashes, no lengethening, no voluming or watsoever!

I have this right now and don't like it too much, which is why its up for swap. It works alright but the formula has a weird smell to it that i really don't like, and i found it a bit clumpy compared to lash blast (which hardly clumps at all). I was mainly drawn to it by the pretty packaging and i thought it would be better because Maybelline's - Define a Lash is wonderful. I say try define a lash instead.

on 12/26/2008 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this super thick mascara- even though it's thick is applies very smooth. Clumping was very minimal and my lashes were super thick and full. I bought "glam black" and it is very very dark.

on 12/26/2008 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I purchased this BOGO at CVS when I also bought Full and Soft. I did not expect much because I had bad experiences in the past with some of their Volum' mascaras. I love the large brush! I did not have any clumping, but like most mascaras, the first 2 or 3 applications were a little too watery and ended up pulling the curl out of my lashes and straightening them.
It takes maybe a swipe or two to have noticeably beautiful lases, I have not layered it for a more dramatic look yet, though.
I am very pleased with this so far. I had no smudes or flaking at all and it washed right off.

on 12/25/2008 10:50:00 PM

I am actually really impressed with this product! Normally, I only buy more expensive mascaras, but this one caught my eye. The price is great, and I also really like the bright yellow packaging! Since my more expensive mascaras haven't been performing very well and I feel like I have washed money down the drain, I decided to get a bit more frugal with my mascara spending habits. This mascara never clumps, is very volumizing, and it keeps my lashes curled all day long. It doesn't smear and the formula is buildable depending on if you want an everyday look or an evening look. The brush is awesome...I'm a big fan of the huge bristles. The rubber ones don't perform well on my lashes (I'm talking to you Lash Blast!) I definitely will buy this product again. It puts my $25 mascaras to shame!!!
****EDIT**** I've only had this for a couple of weeks, but something has happened with the consistency of the formula. It's super clumpy and weird. It also smudges...I will not be buying this mascara again....I'm changing my rating to a 2...

on 12/24/2008 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an okay mascara, but nothing I'm excited about. It gave me some volume, not much length. I felt like it straightened my lashes even though I curled them before I put this on. I'm sure some people will like this, but it's just not me.