Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

I really wanted to like this product, but after using almost every day for just over a month I am seriously considering just binning it. I bought it on impulse on a visit to Boots and it has been a purchase I regret. While the product does go on smoothly I found that it didn't erally give my lashes any definition or much appearance of length. Also, the worst thing in my opinion, is that it doesn't have any staying power. I found that, towards the middle of the day I have to do a make-up touch up if I want to avoid a 'racoon eyes' looks from this mascara - not good. All in all I would definitely not re-purchase, there are other masacra's in the Maybelline line that are both cheaper and better performers than this one.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

The last decent mascara i used was maybellines turbo volum express. Inbetween that and this one i has tried so many different ones Maybellines define-a-lash, Loreal's Collogen. The last one I tried was Rimmel's Sexy Curves which was a decent mascara and I like the rubber brushes but they really seem to hurt my eyes everytime i use them and it was getting to the point i stopped putting it on because it was just too sore.

So I came back to Maybelline and purchased this and i've had nothing but good clean results. The brush doesnt hurt my eyes, It doesnt clump, Its easy to take off and my eyelashes are nice and soft afterwards & I've yet to notice the smell people are talking about, I have used far worse smelling mascaras.

My "sniffer" must not be wired like some of the reviewers. Had never noticed a strong scent coming from any of my mascaras, so I pulled them all out to see if I am unknowingly giving off some horrid aroma every time I bat my eyelashes. On hand at this particular time - Chanel, Clinique, Soft and Full and Colossal; stuck each one up to my nose and inhaled deeply. None are completely odor free when directly under my nose - Chanel seemed to have the least; the two Maybellines slightly more. Of course, I never seem to "get' the "smell" thing that gets comments with so many products (unless highly perfumed). As far as performance, this seems to be a good everyday mascara for me, although I have still not found the HG of either everyday or glam mascaras.
Edit - okay, I admit it, I finally get the "smell issue". You ladies are right - strong, chemical smell compared to my other mascaras. I also admit the performance is merely okay. For an everyday mascara, I am still looking, however, at least for now, Soft and Full is my choice. Now, this may be picky to the extreme - I do not like the way the tacky neon yellow tube looks in my cosmetic drawer nestled in with the Chanel, Lancome and Clinque in their chic, understated packaging!

Thickened my lashes but didn't lengthen them. Had a funny smell.Was dissaponted, at 7.99 I wouldnt buy again. Cool packaging though.

Ok so I tried this out cos I had a 2 off voucher and I am mightly impressed. I love it.

My HG (was/is) No.7's 360 mascara but that made my lashes look full but not very long, but this product makes me look like I have camel eyelashes!

It isn't at all clumpy and I have comments on how good my eyelashes look when wearing it, which is always a plus. Also, for the price it is totally worth it.

I like the brush and I quite like the packaging. The bright yellow looks good in my makeup bag :)

I would totally buy again. I love how it made my lashes look!

Well its got a cute tube, and it lengthens a lot but really did nothing for plumping. I naturally have longer fuller lashes and this sort of just made them look mega long and skinny. So I really didn't like the product from this stand point. The major problem is the smell. It has a serious chemical type of nasty scent that really made me feel ill.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this mascara!!! I have used all types both cheap and high end and now I have found my must have. I love it in glam black it is so black and glossy if that is possible! lol. I am just happy that I have found my must have. Update. I still use this mascara and still love it lots. Sometimes I add the mac prep and prime to my lashes and then it makes my lashes look fake. I love it, love it, love it!

I was really excited to try this- I love mascaras with the rubber bristles, and the advertisments for this looked promising. Sadly, this was a horrible mascara, and here's why-
the brush was way too fat with small bristles.
The smell! It smelled like those scented magic markers, a really weird, inky smell.
It took FOREVER to dry, and even when it did, it still felt damp.
It did not preform as promised at all- no Colossal Volume for me- just damp, weird smelling lashes.

OK so I decided to try this mascara after reading some of the reviews on here. I must say I was impressed I don't understand why some folks rated it so bad ? I guess to each their own. I wont go as far to say it's my FAVORITE, but I will say I am very satisfied. My all time FAVORITE mascara is Hypnose by Lancome. It is a little more costly so this mascara is great if you are on a budget. I will come back with an update if anything changes. If your on the search this and Lash Blast by CG is also a good choice for a drug store mascara. Good Luck

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I picked this out whilst waiting in line at the check out counter at a Sephora and I must say I like it. It doesn't seem to clump on me at all so thats great and it gives my eyelashes length and a curl. I still prefer Dior show and Cover Girl Volume for more dramatic and thick lashes but I am very happy with this one too, one of my better impulse buys this was. (It retails for 14 euros here- 19 US$ which is insane I know)

Popular Mascaras