Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 12/26/2008 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I purchased this BOGO at CVS when I also bought Full and Soft. I did not expect much because I had bad experiences in the past with some of their Volum' mascaras. I love the large brush! I did not have any clumping, but like most mascaras, the first 2 or 3 applications were a little too watery and ended up pulling the curl out of my lashes and straightening them.
It takes maybe a swipe or two to have noticeably beautiful lases, I have not layered it for a more dramatic look yet, though.
I am very pleased with this so far. I had no smudes or flaking at all and it washed right off.

on 12/25/2008 10:50:00 PM

I am actually really impressed with this product! Normally, I only buy more expensive mascaras, but this one caught my eye. The price is great, and I also really like the bright yellow packaging! Since my more expensive mascaras haven't been performing very well and I feel like I have washed money down the drain, I decided to get a bit more frugal with my mascara spending habits. This mascara never clumps, is very volumizing, and it keeps my lashes curled all day long. It doesn't smear and the formula is buildable depending on if you want an everyday look or an evening look. The brush is awesome...I'm a big fan of the huge bristles. The rubber ones don't perform well on my lashes (I'm talking to you Lash Blast!) I definitely will buy this product again. It puts my $25 mascaras to shame!!!
****EDIT**** I've only had this for a couple of weeks, but something has happened with the consistency of the formula. It's super clumpy and weird. It also smudges...I will not be buying this mascara again....I'm changing my rating to a 2...

on 12/24/2008 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is an okay mascara, but nothing I'm excited about. It gave me some volume, not much length. I felt like it straightened my lashes even though I curled them before I put this on. I'm sure some people will like this, but it's just not me.

on 12/23/2008 4:19:00 PM

So, I absolutely LOVE this mascara. It reminds me of my Lancome Hypnose. I'm not saying that this one is better because it's not but it gets close. Closer than plush lash. And personally I love the smell.
As for clumping, plush lash is better at separating the lashes no doubt but the clumping isn't that horrible I don't think. I think it adds to the look of thickness personally. I'll definitely buy this again. Saves me 14 dollars on mascara.

on 12/22/2008 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's wonderful! Adds lots of volume, and although lengthening is not its main purpose, it truly lengthens my lashes by a lot, which is a huge plus. It's only $6.50, a price leaving me smiling. The only downside is the clumping. It has considerable clumping, but it does not bother me too much, so I'll continue buying this!

on 12/22/2008 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara really didnt do anything for my lashes volume wise. It did make them long but thin. The product also has a harsh smell & that usually happens when it is old but this was still new!

on 12/22/2008 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this could probably be one of the worst mascaras i have ever used. I have used better no brand mascaras from cheapo gift packs!! Its a shame as i got so excited about buying it...the name 'Colossal' cinched it for me and i imagined having lashes so lush that no man could resist me fluttering them his way...hmmmm... more likely he would run screaming the other way after seeing me wearing this stuff. It went on horribly, all bitty and clumpy which was a bitch to comb out. After a while it started to flake everywhere, and i mean EVERYWHERE. Bits got in my eyes and my eyes were watering like mad. After a whole day wearing it, i looked like i could be in an Alice Cooper tribute band. Which generally isnt the type of look i go for? This mascara is not hard wearing, so i suggest whilst wearing it you must never EVER blink...or even better, never move your face. This is going in the bin now. Bye bye!

on 12/22/2008 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Colossal Volum' Express mascara boosted volume an ok amount, but didn't define the lashes well, so they ended up looking kind of feathery. This isn't necessarily bad depending on what you want your look to be, but the clumping that resulted from its inability to apply smoothly is what ruined it for me. There was actually a time once that I opened the cap and the contents of the entire bottle were one giant glob the wand. (But this didn't happen again for some reason..) It'll flake easily if you do something like exercise or take a nap. Strangest of all, this stuff REEKED in the beginning, even after you apply. Either it went away after a bit or I just don't notice anymore, but maaaan was it unnecessarily strong. The scent would be tolerable though if there were better results regarding the appearance of my lashes. I guess it looks alright from a distance, but up close in a mirror, it disappoints.

This mascara was okay to use for its 3 month life span, but I will not be buying it again. I enjoy experimenting with new products, but I'm going back to 2000 Calorie for a while.. All in all, there's better similarly-priced mascaras out there for volumizing.. Try something else.

on 12/22/2008 12:14:00 AM

Very clumpy and it flaked alot, smearing under my eyes.

on 12/21/2008 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

The only good thing about this product was the pretty tube it came in and the fact that the mascara stayed on the lashes.

It dried my lashes out severely, clumped horribly, basically looked completely unnatural. Not to mention that it FLAKED badly under my eyes!!! I have NEVER in my life had such a bad mascara before.