November 26, 2014 | 1627 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked the volume and length this gave, plus it separated well and did not clump. The end look was very nice, full lashes. It didn't really hold a curl, and the smell was pretty bad, but didn't keep me from using it. Unfortunately, when it dried, it flaked pretty bad. Not big flakes, just a bunch of tiny ones, that are enough to keep me from buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by excellrf

My HG after Fiberlash and Givenchy Phenomen'eyes! ALways go back to this
Product in a nutshell
Smells like roses - really, go smell a bouquet- I don't get why people don't like it
Fantastic length
To die for separation
Liquidy, thin texture - no clumps - EVER!!!! Oh wait, you have to apply several coats before it dries, or else duh! It'll clump.
natural.

I have very full lashes, even as an asian, weird huh ? ^_^ So i need length and separation, and this mascara is amazing!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh. I definitely didn't find it Colossal, except a Colossal disappointment. Sorry Maybelline, I usually love your mascaras but this was of a waste. It gives a far more of a natural look than I like, which I thought odd from something called Colossal. All it really did was separate, darken and pull out my curl within minutes. It seems really thin and watery in texture and neither this nor the wear improve even after I let it "age" a couple weeks (unlike Falsies which gets better with age). I get more volume, curl and drama from just looking at any other mascara than I did with this one, although it didn't flake, smudge or smear, and it was easy to remove because it wasn't waterproof. However, I was so underwhelmed I don't think I'll try it even if they make a waterproof version because I just don't expect much of a difference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Tamathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whoever said this stuff smells like printer ink is right on the money. It's too bad that I can't USE it as printer ink, because I got this as a BOGO and have 2 tubes to use up. (I took the other one out of the package by mistake, so no swappie either-- GRR!) The aroma fades significantly, but I could still smell it two hours after applying, so you've been warned. This is good as a one-coat wonder for people who don't mind the smell. If you want more than one coat, you're out of luck. It just gets nasty with more coats, like all tarantula-looking, and forget about combing. It's also one that melts if you use a heated eyelash curler. Overall it's useful for a more dramatic day look, so it's not a total waste of money-- but it's sorely lacking in versatility. L'Oreal's Voluminous is a much better product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 5:16:00 PM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pros: Lengthens, gives *a lot* of volume. Doesn't clump much.

Cons: the smell! It smells like disinfectant and some other unknown smell.

The smell is unbearable. Too bad, this is a pretty amazing marscara. I sterilized the brush and used it in the old Volum Express mascara, and now its pretty much perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by sweetoblivion

I bought this because it was a good deal. Came with Maybelline eyeliner, dual eyeshadow, and makeup remover in a cute little makeup bag for only $10.
I can see now why it was packaged this way, and why it's only $5. The first coat came out nice, but not thick enough. The second coat made my lashes look clumpy and brittle. It dries way too quickly! Nothing special. I didn't notice the smell too much til I read it on here.

Looks like I'll be going back to Great Lash.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2008 1:04:00 PM More reviews by cinn05

The first time i tried this, the smell and ingredients of this made my fac all red!!! also burned my sensitive eyes a little, so i HATED it when i got it. i have no idea why they have to put fragrance in mascaras, no one except ME can smell them, and it smelled like dead roses. however, after a month or two i gave it a try again and it worked ok. it ddi give me some volume and length, and it doesn't clump, so it was okay. if i ever ran out of my other mascaras and saw this on sale, i'd prob buy it again

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2008 10:22:00 PM More reviews by kmelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking for my usual mascara (L'oreal Lash Architect black edition) and saw this as I was looking around to see what was new. I decided to try this out instead. When I got home, I just had to try it out NOW... Allergic reaction within 10 minutes, not good. My eyelids were heating up, feeling heavy and I was not a happy bunny. Another thing that others have pointed out is the smell, I'm not sure how long you can smell it for, but it was quite strong and annoying.
Other than that, it was actually quite good at 2 coats, lush eyelashes with definition and volume. It is just not for sensitive eyes...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by vbgurlie5757

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara yesterday and was excited to try it based on the reviews I've read but I have to say I was disappointed. When i first started applying it I thought it looked great but once it dried it was flaky and make my eyelashes crunchy. They clumped together alot as well. And I had a headache for about 2 hours from the smell. I'll be sticking with my usual 2000 calorie lash from maxfactor.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 7:11:00 PM More reviews by xox_GirlieGirl_xox

O.M.G. I have tried every drug store mascara alive(over maybe 17 different kinds people.) and this blows them away. Color me surprised. Though..the smell of the mascara
yes is awful but it goes away in secounds, beside,
This Doesn't Clump
It gives LOTS of volume
It makes my lashes SUPER LONG
I can put on AS MANY coats as I could Possibly want, it still looks GREAT
It holds a curl
It is $6
The tube itslef is soo cute
Colossal is PERFECT..
HG mascara, which in all honesty, I thought didn't exsist.