Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 1/1/2009 2:15:00 PM

I like the way this makes my eyes look....however at the end of the day it definitely flakes off and gets in my eyes. Its annoying but I will still continue to use it because it makes my lashes look thicker and longer. hope this helps!!

on 1/1/2009 2:10:00 PM

I think this is very good for the price. I don't use mascara everyday because I hate when it flakes and gets in my eyes. I have not found this one to flake at all and it really looks good, therefore I have been wearing it a lot more often. I have used some expensive brands that don't do as good a job as this mascara does, so I'll definitely stick with it for now!

on 1/1/2009 1:55:00 PM

I first bought this when it came out. The bright yellow package is what caught my eye. The damn thing exploded! I do not know how, or why but it went EVERYWHERE. Blehhh. This didnt do much for my lashes at all, so i gave it to my mom who didnt like it either. Would not repurchase.

on 1/1/2009 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

i would recommend this mascara to anyone who needs a lot of volume & length. my only problem with this is that the wand is huge, making it hard to get those little eyelashes on the side but you'll get used to it after awhile. it does have a smell to it but not like a nasty smell, something you'll also can get used to. i don't know if it's just me but after awhile there was mascara all over the opening of the bottle. it doesn't affect it's performance but i felt it's something readers should know. i would say it's easy to apply, you can definitely keep adding more coats for a more dramatic effect. be careful because if you put too much coats, it can get a little clumpy. it can be easily fixed though. it doesn't get flaky & when it does, it's not a lot. easy to remove with ward water & soap. stays on for a long time, would recommend this. only reason why i would buy this again is because lashblash is so much better.

on 12/31/2008 12:27:00 PM

I wanted this mascara to work for me. This I purchased after lash blast and seeing great reviews for Colossal Volum' Express on youtube. It lengthens, it curls, and it made my lashes look the best they ever have and then smeared after only 2 hours of wearing!! I liked the packaging. I Loved the brush! But I won't be buying again because I nee a mascara that will last all day. I have used this if I know I'm going to the movies or to dinner and won't be out to long. I 'm not going to the bathroom every 2 hrs to fix my makeup.

on 12/31/2008 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am on a never-ending search for THE perfect mascara, and this is not it, but it's pretty good and worth what I paid for it ($5-6?) ... I like that it is a very wet formula, making it easy to apply and coat every lash. I like that my lashes feel soft and pliable, not hard and sticky. The brush is just a normal brush, nothing really gimmicky about it; it works adequately enough. I don't have much flaking, although by end of day it had smudged a bit. I usually have a nose like a bloodhound but I must be the only person who does not notice any smell or else I got the best batch ever. Either way, I don't really get what everyone is talking about on the smell - it just smells like mascara to me and the only reason I know that is bc I stuck the wand right up to my nose trying to detect what everyone is talking about. Overall, I would probably buy this again if it was on some sale or something - but I rarely re-purchase anything bc there's just so much neat stuff to try!
The tube could have been a little prettier but I can live with it. I just like pretty packaging!

on 12/31/2008 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Literally cannot stand this, i agree with everyone about the smell, no mention of it when you buy it & very off putting. I also dislike the packaging, somehow dried out the mascara very quickly even though it was kept tightly shut, smudged badly, flaked & clumped like nothing else on earth, i like the large brush idea but in principle it doesn't work, maybelline should maybe leave it to benefit when it comes to large brushes!

on 12/30/2008 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i agree with everything marah1115 said in her review. great color, it flakes a bit, but it really, truly makes my lashes look full. the only other mascaras that have made my lashes look this full are diorshow and YSL faux cils - both at least three times the price of this mascara. the brush is big, and i wonder if that makes a difference...at any rate, i've repurchased at least four times now. i'd highly recommend this to anyone with naturally long lashes who needs volume.

UPDATE: i'm upgrading this to a 5. can i give it a 10? my lashes have no ooomph when i use another mascara. this is the only drugstore mascara that thickens my lashes and doesn't irritate. hurray! i also love how you can buy them 2-for-1 in some stores (target, etc.).

on 12/30/2008 3:18:00 PM

Well let me start by telling you all that this mascara smells really nice! I have never opened up a mascara and sniff it the way I do with this one, it reminds me of honey en vanilla or something :S Really strange but it does smell really nice.

For the mascara itself, I think its pretty good, I have used l'oreal beauty tubes for a while now and its my HG for sure, but Im a mascara junkie and need to buy every mascara thats new on the market and I am glad that I bought this. It does a really nice job on my lashes, I dont have short lashes to begin with, they curl nice just by them self and their not that thin as well. But just with one layer this mascara gives me the ultimate natural look with a little bit of extra something, apply 2 layers and youl get the volume they are talking about. It does lenghten as well, so overall this is not that bad. When I apply it over my loreal mascara its really amazing. So I gave this 5 lippies because its perfect for day and evening wear and its smells good, it didnt make my lashes dry and break off or something.
Really liking this, especially since its pretty good quality for a pretty good price

on 12/30/2008 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love it Makes my lashes look full and nice does sometimes flake a BIT not lots and lots like some though could be way worse--yes it had a smell at first but it has faded with each usage--
I have the Glam Black and like I said I feel it is a good mascara keeps the curl in my lashes-makes them look fuller not spindley and thin and removes without an ice scraper!!!
I like this type-- the rimmel in the silver tube-- and the Voluminous carbon black and waterproof black--they work for me!