December 20, 2014 | 894 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by JonMoss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know about some of you, but I love the smell of this mascara--like a rose. I like perfumed makeup, very old school. Anyway, I have short, lashes and this dramatically lengthens and volumizes(without looking clumpy). I need about two to three coats to get it perfect. Much better than lash blast

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by KittyKat20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Alright I never liked maybelline mascaras but I thought, that one must be good! But unfortunatly, it isn't.
- The smell is horrible, I smell it trough the day
-Doens't give much volume, unless I put on like 5 or 6 coats!
-It flakes a little bit.. but what do you want after 6 coats :P

BUT it doens't smudge ( okay well it does, but not much!) And If you just want a natural look, this mascara is good enough for that.
But for 13 euro, there are way better mascaras to get. I definitly won't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 10:47:00 PM More reviews by cyncord4

This is a good alternative to my lashblast, but it does make lashes hard & the smell is like a bad chemical smell. Although, it does make lashes long and like I said, a good DS alternative compared to my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by bosswife

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick lashes but I feel like they don't have that "umpf"they need. One day while driving to work I looked in my visor mirror and realized I forgot mascara! I had to stop at CVS anyway, so I picked up the Maybelline Colossal Volum Express in Glam Black. I am really happy with this mascara, it works great for me and I think it's great competiton for my Benefit Bad Girl mascara which I use frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by wnzdazchld

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not sure what horrible smell some other reviewers are talking about; maybe I'm just immune to it. Anyway, everytime I use this mascara I get at least one compliment on my eyelashes. It's pretty good for the price & great for volume. I'll def buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2008 10:08:00 AM More reviews by paycrock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have actually bought this 3 times but no more. At first I thought I had found my new favorite mascara. But after the first 2 tubes I started to realize that it wasn't working for me. Strong smell that does fade. Last tube and a half gave me racoon eyes and flaking that irritated my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked the volume and length this gave, plus it separated well and did not clump. The end look was very nice, full lashes. It didn't really hold a curl, and the smell was pretty bad, but didn't keep me from using it. Unfortunately, when it dried, it flaked pretty bad. Not big flakes, just a bunch of tiny ones, that are enough to keep me from buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by excellrf

My HG after Fiberlash and Givenchy Phenomen'eyes! ALways go back to this
Product in a nutshell
Smells like roses - really, go smell a bouquet- I don't get why people don't like it
Fantastic length
To die for separation
Liquidy, thin texture - no clumps - EVER!!!! Oh wait, you have to apply several coats before it dries, or else duh! It'll clump.
natural.

I have very full lashes, even as an asian, weird huh ? ^_^ So i need length and separation, and this mascara is amazing!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh. I definitely didn't find it Colossal, except a Colossal disappointment. Sorry Maybelline, I usually love your mascaras but this was of a waste. It gives a far more of a natural look than I like, which I thought odd from something called Colossal. All it really did was separate, darken and pull out my curl within minutes. It seems really thin and watery in texture and neither this nor the wear improve even after I let it "age" a couple weeks (unlike Falsies which gets better with age). I get more volume, curl and drama from just looking at any other mascara than I did with this one, although it didn't flake, smudge or smear, and it was easy to remove because it wasn't waterproof. However, I was so underwhelmed I don't think I'll try it even if they make a waterproof version because I just don't expect much of a difference.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Tamathy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whoever said this stuff smells like printer ink is right on the money. It's too bad that I can't USE it as printer ink, because I got this as a BOGO and have 2 tubes to use up. (I took the other one out of the package by mistake, so no swappie either-- GRR!) The aroma fades significantly, but I could still smell it two hours after applying, so you've been warned. This is good as a one-coat wonder for people who don't mind the smell. If you want more than one coat, you're out of luck. It just gets nasty with more coats, like all tarantula-looking, and forget about combing. It's also one that melts if you use a heated eyelash curler. Overall it's useful for a more dramatic day look, so it's not a total waste of money-- but it's sorely lacking in versatility. L'Oreal's Voluminous is a much better product.