October 23, 2014 | 1131 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2007 1:10:00 AM More reviews by deesizzle

This is a great foundation with buildable medium coverage. I have combination oily breakout-prone skin and this foundation has not irritated my skin at all in the last 3 weeks I've been using it! It's pretty thick and was kinda hard to get it out of the glass bottle so I bought MAC's foundation pump. Very similar to my previous foundation, Revlon Colorstay w/Softflex, except this has a bit more coverage, a slightly smoother/silky finish, and didn't turn orange on me when I needed heavier coverage on certain areas. I just wish that this didn't have SPF in it so that my face doesn't look lighter in flash photography. Otherwise an HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why I keep straying from SFF, I always end up coming back to it.
Just about every other foundation I've tried always ends up getting greasy-looking thanks to my hideous t-zone.
SFF can do that but nowhere near as obviously as anything else. I love the coverage, my casper-white complexion can get a bit pink around the cheeks but SFF seems to combat it quite well. I find I use less concealer with this than any other foundation.
My inital complaint was being matched to NW15 but I looked like a satsuma. I've since been rematched to an NC15 and find it looks far more like my own skin.
Can vary the amount of coverage depending on how I feel my skin looks and it applies like a dream with the 187 brush, resulting in an almost airbrushed finish.
Will definitely keeping repurchasing this one.

EDIT: Since it's getting cooler & I've paled down a bit, I mixed what was remaining of my SFF into my mineralise Satinfinish bottle. I've been mixing the two together anyway & combined, they make my perfect foundation. Glowy but not greasy, good coverage & the NC15 satinfinish pales the SFF down further.
Added bonus to transfering it into the other bottle? It now has a pump on it. Can't fault it. Will be repurchasing both.
Edit: 08/2008 After months of not using this, I'm making myself finish up the bottle I have left. Will probably not repurchase again as it's been affecting a small patch of eczema that pops up on my forehead. It's also been too drying whilst getting shiny on my nose & chin. The colour is questionable now I've found foundations that are a much better much. So long, SFF. It was fun while it lasted.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by coconnell

l-o-v-e-ing this foundation! i'm a MAC NC20 and i used to use the studio fix powder, but decided i wanted to switch to a fluid after my sister was telling me how much she preferred it. it helps cover up my pores. i've found it's best to mix it with a little water, which makes it last longer and not so heavy on my face (esp. with the warm weather coming).

**UPDATE** still love the way this foundation lasts, but thinking i need to try a setting powder over it. since i've moved to london, my skin gets a bit more shiny than it did when i lived in dry colorado. i've found a blotting powder i intend to get from MAC and will report on how the combo works.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2007 4:44:00 PM More reviews by eyeheartmakeup

There are many things I like about this foundation. First off, I bought it based on the MUA reviews and it makes my skin look flawless. The NC25 shade is a tad lighter than my light/medium Asian skin, but it really brightens my complexion and has just the right amount of yellow in it. Another great thing about this foundation is that is does not oxidize on me, which is amazing because every other liquid I have tried has (MK, Clinique, Loreal, Revlon). As I mentioned, the coverage is excellent as the formula is very pigmented. With that being said, it's a little on the thicker side, so I apply it with a damp wedge sponge and it blends seamlessly into my skin. I set it with MAC Blot Pressed Powder (using my 129 brush) and I'm good to go for at least 6 hours. I have combo/oily skin, so I do have to blot in the afternoon, but the foundation itself lasts the entire day. I have sensitive skin and I was worried that this might cause a reaction, however, I am pleasantly surprised to report that I have not experienced anything thus far. My only complaint is that it doesn't wear very well over my sunscreen:( EDIT: Sadly, I am allergic to the chemical sunscreen in this product, but I still wear it on occasion to get a polished, long lasting look. It's really too bad because this is my favorite liquid that I have tried.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Dollface86

So I was on my never ending search for a perfect foundation, and I've finally found one!! I had this studio fix concealer in my makeup bag that I wasn't using because the color was a little off from my skin tone, it was NC20, so I decided to scoop out a chunk of the concealer on my hand and mix with my face lotion. To my surprise it gave great coverage, and looked amazing aside from the slight color problem. So I went to my nearest Mac and decided to try the Studio Fix Liquid Foundation, seeing that I loved what the Studio Fix product looked like I opted for the Studio Fix liquid concealer so I didn't have to do the two steps of mixing. So I matched the foundation perfectly to my skin with the NC15. All I can say is I love this product, it gives me such an even coverage natural looking flawless face! I would recommend this product most definitely!! Even though it's priced at $30, the quality of this foundation in amazing!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by dim777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product works well for oily skin, like mine. It goes on a bit heavy, though. The price is fair, compared to most other department store brands.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Lyndsey_Lush

My friend bought this foundation and it made her skin look amazing. So flawless..and picture perfect, also my sister uses it now and it looks great! When i started using this foundation it looked really nice and gave great coverage and didnt look cakey, i also got lots of compliments from friends who then wanted to try it.

After a few weeks my skin must of gotten used to it, because my skin started breaking out and got oily during the day!But i have combination skin!

I would deffinetly reccomend this foundation if you have normal skin, it will make your skin look flawless,..but it DOES look like your wearing makeup if your going for that natural look, sheer etc...id leave this one alone.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by STOPmunch

This foundation does absolutely nothing for me. It doesn't cover, last, or look nice at all. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by lisa_67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm very bummed, because I wanted to like this foundation. For years, I heard about the quality of MAC foundations, and how makeup artists loved them. I moved away from liquid foundations a few years back, because I liked the idea of Bare Escentuals' light, no makeup, look. I finally relented and let a MAC MA fix me up a few weeks ago. She was lovely, and made several great recommendations for MAC products, but foundation wasn't one of them. She typed me as an NC20 - the first time any MA said I had warm tones. I went with it, but the color never looked natural. Worse, Studio Fix Fluid sat like a heavy, cake-y mask on my face, despite careful moisturizing, application of MAC primer, and use of a foundation brush to apply it. It looked totally fake. Then, I found a lovely MUAer who had an NW SFF, and wanted to swap it for an NC. We swapped, and I hoped that at least the color would match better. It is closer, but on the whole, I'm really dissatisfied with MACs foundation colors...I just don't think they look natural (Clinique does a much better job with true skin tone matches for non-custom blended foundation, IMO). So, still not happy with the way SFF makes my skin look: fake and heavy. Now I've recently read that MAC foundations USED to be beloved by MAs everywhere, and were considered the HG foundation, but that when Estee Lauder acquired MAC a few years back, they reformulated all the foundations, and ruined them. Where before they blended into the skin for a natural look, now they just sit there, heavy and chalky. Reading some of the other boards, I see a lot of MAs share this opinion, and no longer use MAC foundations. It all adds up. What a pity that a great product got reinvented and was made the worse for it. Didn't the lesson of Coke/New Coke teach these big companies not to mess with a wildly successful product?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I was in desperate need of a full coverage foundation. I had used the powder version previously, but I had switched to MMU for the better match and overall glow. My skin was blotchy and breaking out terribly and I needed something heavier than MMU. The MAC MA was GREAT and did a really good job applying the foundation on me when I was matched. I have to mention that the skin on my face and my neck tend to be different colors - my neck more yellow and my face more pale and neutral. As many have mentioned, SFF tends to be extremely yellow, and even on my pale Asian skin, it is a bit too deep and yellowy. However, it matches my neck pretty well. When I applied this myself, I made the mistake of putting on WAY too much and it just ended up looking like a disgusting yellow mask on me. The MA recommended I use a brush to prevent bacteria growth, and I do like applying with a brush. The trick is shake up the bottle, and touch my brush gently to the layer of foundation that sits on top of the hole. Apply lightly, sheer it out, and repeat. This foundation is really good for building up coverage. I've invested in a pump, and I recommend that everyone do so.

Edit: After playing with my foundations in natural light, I don't think the color is a good match for me. It looks orangey for some reason :( Also, it is hard to work with and hard to blend evenly... not good if you have any flaky areas. continued >>