August 29, 2014 | 1801 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_Capri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation but I dont love it. I seems to work best on normal to oily/very oily skins.
At first, this did not work when I applied it directly onto my skin. It dried my skin out something horrible. I find it goes on best when applied over MAC's Oil Control Lotion or a any other light oil-free moisturizer.
Second, use a tiny tiny drop and then spread either with fingers or foundation brush. If you use too much this will look like a mask.
Third, I had to rethink my concealer over foundation method with this foundation because it did not work either. If you need concealer, it works best when applied under this foundation, not over. The reason for this is because this foundation dries very quickly and when you put a blob of concealer on top it will look obvious, cakey and just plain ugly.
Last, setting this with a powder will make it last ages and give a beautiful airbrush finish, as well as buffing away the masky look making it look more natural.
I think everyone should invest in a foundation pump for this, otherwise you are stuck with the risk of pouring too much out.
Overall this is a great foundation, long lasting, beautiful finish, and does not break me out, looks natural (not too oily, not too matte). Will repurchase.
Edit: I love love love this foundation. It's lasted me ages because you only need a tiny amount to spread over entire face. When I say tiny, I mean smaller than a pea size! Also, over my Cetaphil moisturizer it looks absolutely FAB!!! I was going to purchase the Select SPF but now I'm really thinking I might not since this is working so well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

This foundation is fantastic!!! I put off buying this, but after reading some good reviews here, I caved! So glad I did, too! People are right about the colors, though. I find that Studio Fix Fluid runs darker than the Select Foundation, and I had to go a shade lighter- from NC30 to NW25- for a PERFECT match. I think this is MAC's best foundation formula yet! My skin looks great with this foundation, and the color is a perfectly natural match on me. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!!! It lasts all day and doesn't streak, fade, or settle into any creases on my face! MAGNIFICENT!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :o) continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2007 12:28:00 AM More reviews by semarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this when it first came out. I was first matched to nc25- then I thought it looked too light, so I got it in nc30- which is close but not exact. I liked the wear- but sadly, I broke out from this. I haven't been able to wear any of mac's liquid/cream foundations because they make me break out. I will stick to Bobbi Brown, Prescriptives, Nars, and Chanel.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by enidcomplex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first MAC anything, and I'm sad to say I'm disappointed. I bought this at an outlet for $17, and I was so excited - NC15 is the closest color match I've ever found to my skin color. However, after using this for three weeks, I have yet to be pleased with the results. I have dry skin, but usually some moisturizer is all I need to keep my face smooth under my makeup. With this, my skin felt smooth to the touch but looked extremely dry and patchy. This gives me such an uneven, rough complexion. I can't reccommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 4:29:00 PM More reviews by desertmom4

I just love this stuff!! I recently have been wearing EL double wear foundation as I liked the fact it is long lasting and gives full coverage, but I hated the price $35 for 1 oz...anyhoo, I went to the MAC store about 2 weeks ago, and asked to try a their full coverage foundation. The MA asked what I wanted as far as coverage and I told her full and long wearing. She chose Studio Fix Fluid Foundation SPF15 in NW30. She applied it with the 187 MAC brush and I just loved the look!! I was completely airbrushed ( I believe it was the brush that gave me that airbrushed look - bought the brush). The color matched me perfectly as it just seemed to melt into my skin, no line of demarcation! Of course I was sold, but asked for a sample so I could try it out for a week. I wanted to test the all-day wear, and besides I used to use MAC studio tech foundation years ago and it broke me out, I haven't used a MAC foundation since that experience. To make a long story short, this stuff wears all day/night (put on at 8AM and took it off at 10PM, and it has an SPF15 to boot! I ran out and just bought this foundation as I love the coverage, the long wear, spf, and no zits!! I actually put this foundation on 1/2 my face and the EL double wear on the other 1/2, used the 187 brush for both sides, did the rest of my makeup the same (eyes, blush), and asked my DD who is 16 which side looks better (this was in the afternoon)...she had no idea what I had done, but she chose the MAC side!! I did this a few more times throughout the week and she always chose MAC ( yes, I am a MU addict). By the way I have normal/dry skin and it didn't accentuate anything it wasn't supposed to. The price is good at $25.00, alot cheaper than EL ($35)and you get more SPF coverage. Only downfall, no pump dispenser but MA said to dip q-tip in it and dot face in 5 places (forehead, cheeks, nose, chin)and that is all you need. This is my HG foundation! Highly recommended, go ask for a sample 1st and see for yourself.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2007 11:11:00 PM More reviews by MkChic

This is my first mac foundation, and i liked it a lot at first when the SA put it on me with the 188 brush. Well, i felt sort of heavy, which i don't like, but i'm not really used to the full-faced makeup thing anyways :). However, it's great for places that need extra coverage (large pores on my nose), but maybe not enough for pimples. it has great staying power. i got nc30 and it's a tad to dark but the SA (and I) thought the nc25 was too light, so i won't be buying this again. (btw, the 188 didn't seem to blend it too well when i tried it at home because the consistency is so thick and the 188 seems too "soft") hth someone!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by lotusblossom2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have combination, acne-prone skin. This foundation did not blend easily for me, clogged my pores, and oxidized within a couple hours. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2007 1:22:00 PM More reviews by carriespooner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently purchased StudioFix Fluid and I really like it. I have been using Studio Fix and Studio Tech and Moisture Blend in the winter. I thought I'd switch things up especially since I go through a compact of foundation once a month. I think this bottle should really last longer. I use my 190 brush to apply and it looks really smooth. I like full coverage so this one is just right. I do find that days that I skip my prep and prime, I don't like my look as much. I see a big diference in how my foundation goes on and ultimately looks. Not loving the bottle so much. It's hard to get the foundation out. I'll have to see about getting a pump. The price is right. I 'm with Mac pro so I only pay 15.00 usd for it. I'll purchase again for sure.

I'm NW20 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2007 2:05:00 AM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

MAC did a great job in creating this foundation, created yellow based shades finally. Its a very good match to GA foundations I have used-- which I find myself mixing their silk with matte to get the right texture. MAC's provides medium coverage, buildable and longwearing. It applied like a dream, not too slick and no flakies. I am a NC25-30 in winter and NC35 in summer. No strange orange cast-thank goodness. I haven't broken out or had an allergic reaction to this, will see how it holds up in the summer though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Cbeara

I've been using this foundation for a few months now and I really like it. I used to use the Matte foundation and it was great, lightweight, natural looking and did a great job of controling oil. Studio fix fluid is much thicker but the coverage is fantastic! it covers up all the reddness in my face and it seems to skim over my pores and makes them dissapear...I love that! Also NW15 is a perfect match for my pale skin so even though it is covering up so much it doesn't look cakey or thick or fake. It does a pretty good job at controling oil too, at the end of the day when my face is oily (b/c nothing can stop it) all I have to do is blot and my makeup looks great. This foundation really doesn't go anywhere, it's almost like it sticks to the skin and the oil floats on top, not like some other make up that forms an oily-make up sludge (I'm looking at you BE) The only issue I have is that sometimes it seems a little too thick and it can be hard to blend, and you need to work fast or it will dry before you can get it completely blended. For the most part though I think this is a great foundation and I will be repurchasing when I run out. Oh, make sure you buy the pump otherwise you will get it everywhere.