Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 3/23/2004 4:22:00 PM

I received this as part of the Jump Start kit and it was small enough to travel with...it was also drying enough to make my face peel. It was really irritating to my skin so I wouldn't buy it.

on 3/23/2004 4:15:00 AM

I love this cleanser, but wish it wasn't so pricey. A 16 oz. bottle costs about $30, and an 8 oz. about $20. A little does go a long way, though. A great way to try this is in the Jump Starters kit. The smell is essential oils of sage and sandalwood (among others). So, it does have that woodsy, incense vibe. I have sensitive, combination skin and have had no problems with drying or sensitivity. I've been using it for about 4 months now, and will continue to do so. Shop around for the best deals. Many online retailers carry this as well.

on 3/22/2004 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was given a sample of this unusual cleanser, but I liked it enough to want to buy it again. The texture, consistency, and smell of this stuff remind me of cheap body lotion, and it won't lather at all unless my face is absolutely filthy from working in my garden all day. But, it cleans off the dirt without stripping my skin or making it feel "tight" and overly dry. This stuff really is unlike anything I've ever used before, and I would recommend getting a sample of it first.

on 3/19/2004 5:42:00 PM

All I have to say is, Thank Goodness I've used all this up now and will never have to use it again! I used this for 4 months last year hoping my skin would get used to it since so many raved about it. I spent even more money on acne treatments. This definitely isn't the line for me. Almost everything I've tried isn't what I expect from this price range! I went back to my beloved HABA & DHC skincare lines and never will look back! I don't know why I do that to myself.

on 3/18/2004 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

like most women, i'm always in search of "perfect" skin care products. when i bought Philosophy Purity online, i had no idea what i got myself into. first, the price was a put-off. then it's the not knowing whether it would suit my dry/sensitive skin. to my surprise, it didn't leave my skin dry like most cleansers out there. great cleanser and one bottle lasts forever. probably the best investment i've ever made.

on 3/17/2004 9:10:00 AM

This is my favorite cleanser that I have ever used. It's very mild, and while the scent is not so desirable, it makes my skin feel like it's clean without being overly dry. I will be using this until I die!

on 3/15/2004 12:19:00 PM

Didnīt remove my eye makeup and smelled weird. Didnīt like the texture either. :/

on 3/15/2004 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I love this cleanser. I was dubious about trying it out because I have dreadful skin - sensitive, oily, dehydrated combined with adult acne. All my skin problems have been kept at bay with an Erno Laszlo regime, but affordability is a problem for me. I have been using this cleanser for about a month now,combined with hope in a jar moisturiser, and nothing else. My skin has never felt or looked better. Not one single break out, no blackheads, no sensitivity, no dry patches and no oil either. Its amazing. If you are prone to spots like me, then the trick I learnt from the facialist Eve lom, is never moisturise open pores or active breakouts. With these philosophy products, it works. I am a total convert, and I can honestly say that for the first time in about ten years, my skin is make up optional.

on 3/11/2004 8:48:00 PM

I bought this stuff for the first time and used it all up. It didn't really do anything, but I thought it was okay. After I finished, I started using another cleanser, and boy, did I notice a difference!! I was breaking out all over the place!! So, I went back and had no problems. Used it up again, tried another, and broke out again. I keep coming back to this stuff, so I guess this is my HG.

on 3/11/2004 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a cleanser that is a three in one product: removes makeup, toner, and facial cleanser. Personally, this was not a good makeup remover. Also, the texture is similar to Cetaphil (non-foaming). Personally I like a foaming cleanser that makes my skin slightly taut (Dr. Brandt's Poreless cleanser, Darphin's Purifying cleanser). I really don't know why this has a cult following!!! Not bad, but not great either!