April 20, 2014 | 983 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2006 9:24:00 PM More reviews by audreyk

I loved the menthol feeling - you know, that cooooool feeling you get when you apply it to your lips. Other than that, I feel like it dried my lips out and the balm itself was a bit dry. I would have to apply it for like 5 min just to get any "slippery" feeling on my lips. I switched to smith's rosebud salve which i LOVE. I have really really dry lips (i laugh and my lips crack and bleed!) and with burts bees, it didn't help at all, but since the first time I put on the rosebud salve, my lips were cured!!!! *UPDATE* this dried out my lips. It would feel cured for a few hours, but then when the balm wore off, my lips would end up feeling worse and more dry than before I applied it! Would not use even if it was free.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2006 8:58:00 PM More reviews by shawdir

It's alright but theres blistex and other balms for cheaper and I actually get really sick of BB's texture--super waxy and thick. In fact, right now I just use the lip balm sold at Jamba Juice [comes in 3 flavors] and they're super yummy for only 1.25! BB chapstick burns my lips a little and makes them kinda red--I don't like that.

EDIT:
I love the smell, I like it's thick texture because it doesn't melt off like other lip balms and it does keep those lips of mine moisturized :] Before I applied it suuuuuuuuper heavily so that's probably why I had the outcome that I had lol

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2006 4:37:00 PM More reviews by makeupmaven63

I disliked this product because of the tingle and I didn't think it worked any better than chapstick brand. The tinted type had nice sheer colors and if you like the tingle go for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2006 1:44:00 AM More reviews by sabong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was hooked on this lip balm from the start. It is pricey compared to drug store brands, but I like the tingling sensation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2006 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Waterandfork

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this chapstick. Its the best Ive ever tried. I recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2006 9:51:00 AM More reviews by hypnotique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am completely addicted to this stuff. I think it's the tingle that I love. I am so addicted that I have to apply it 10 times a day. I like how it doesn't leave my lips too slick/oily (vaseline style).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/6/2006 9:30:00 AM More reviews by MACattack89

I love this lipbalm, its great if you want the peppermint flavor, and especially great before Lipgloss. It's a good buy but I feel as though the price... $2.00-2.50 where i live is a little high for the amount of product.

Carmex is still my fave, but i'll always keep a couple tubes of Burts around!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 4:19:00 PM More reviews by laurarae08x

this stuff is great. yes it is just chapstick but it moisturizes and cools as you put it on. love it

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2006 3:18:00 PM More reviews by idealforbarbecue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This honey-coloured balm comes in a very sweet little tin and is applied with fingertip to the lips (Also comes as a stick, but in the UK the tin seems to be the main format sold). It has a menthol-ish element to it that makes the lips tingle quite pleasantly.
However, I found the consistency of the balm very hard and difficult to "pick up" on my fingertip. Additionally, it's moisturising effects are very short-lived and if anything it exacerbates dryness in the long-term. Stick with Vaseline!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2006 2:30:00 AM More reviews by looptylady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff feels great going on...tingly and everything. Everyone says 'Oh its so wonderful and natural, blah blah blah. My lips start molting within a couple of hours. The worst.