Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

Hmm.. This lipbalm's not bad in general. However, i was rather disappointed as i was expecting much more after hearing all the raves about it. Guess my expectations were too high. It's not waxy, but the scent wasn't really appealing. That said, it did a great job of moisturising my lips & the price's economical too. I'd buy it again, even though i'd prefer more fruity-scented lipbalms!

on 5/20/2006 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Nice and tingly and not thick or goopy. A bit overpriced, but worth it!

on 5/14/2006 1:46:00 PM

After buying this I will NEVER go back! I love the way this makes my lips feel all tingly. It took me a little bit to get used to the peppermint smell but now I love it! I recommend it to everyone!

on 5/14/2006 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have bought this a million times and even my mom is addicted to it. We buy the tube one instead of the small metal jar which gets dirty really easily if you carry it around.

So anyway, the tube is plastic and a traditional Burt's Bees colour, yellow. I'm addicted to minty stuff (this has peppermint oil) so this is my lip moisturizer and at the same time a chapped lip relief! I don't know what I would've done without it. I put it on before lipstick or lipgloss! I just don't feel comfortable without it! I carry it with me everywhere. I used to carry lipgloss too, but I just stick to carrying this around! I love it! I can use it for a while and buy a new one at 4CAD. And yes, it does leave my lips soft and smooth.

I really don't know why I didn't review for this sooner... it's like the only thing I ever buy continuously other than my Olay Sensitive Therapy creme! continued >>

on 5/13/2006 2:16:00 PM

It's a decent lip balm, in fact I found it to be too waxy and I normally have no problems with beewax lip balms at all! The taste and scent are light, but overall it's okay. All of my co-workers love this stuff, I prefer Mama Coco's and Aunt Bee's any day over.

on 5/12/2006 12:20:00 AM

This is my favorite chapstick kind of thing. It's extremely thick on the lips so it feels like it's really protecting them. I wouldn't recommend this for super chapped/bleeding lips b/c I don't feel that it moisturizes that much. The first ingredient listed for Burt's bees is beeswax (hence the name) therefore, like wax it has a firm yet smooth consistency...however, not very emollient so it doesn't really sink into the lips. I also like the minty scent and tingle (both of which are incredibly strong). Here's a little anecdote including my burt's bees: I was as usual late for something (with my brother waiting for me outside in the car), I quickly swiped the balm on my lips a couple of times and ran out. Later during the car ride my brother asked if I had gum b/c he smelled mint...it was the lip balm! I just had to laugh=]

on 5/9/2006 10:19:00 PM

This is the best lip balm I've ever tried. I love tingly lip products, but the problem is that my lips tend to get immune to them very fast, and that has not happend with Burts Bees. The tingy, fresh minty smell still works its magic everytime I put it on. I go through tube after tube after tube. This is one of the few items that I continue to use up and use up. I've given up every other lip balm I have in exchange for this, and I couldnt be happier.

on 5/8/2006 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

Just jumping on the bandwagon. Nothing not to like about this. Works well under l/s or gloss even. Smells nice, good for boys and girls. very moisturizing. just plain good

on 5/7/2006 3:03:00 AM

I have been looking for my HG lip balm and i found it. Beeswax has a nice minty smell and keeps my lips healthy.

on 5/6/2006 12:52:00 AM

When I use this product in the first time i thought it didn't moisture my lip very well but after few times the wax from the lip stick come off and it really moisture my lip well. Also like the mint that make cool feeling for my lip(nomrally i won't like mint except this one). If can't find anything better than this one would purchase again.

Popular Lip Treatments