Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 4/27/2004 11:27:00 PM

I really like this product! It takes off all my makeup including mascara! I stopped using this for awhile and broke out, within 2 days of going back to it my skin was glowing again! I will never stop using this again (I learned the hard way)! ;P I love all the Philosophy products!

on 4/27/2004 6:22:00 AM

Have tried many cleansers over the years and this is the first one that actually keeps the somewhat large pores on my nose really clean. No more of those little annoying black dots that drove me crazy trying to unclog. My skin is oily in the T-zone and dry around the eyes and cheeks and this cleanser works well in both those areas. It leaves my skin feeling very clean and not dry and tight right afterwards. Will not be without this product.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have used this product on two different occasions and it made me break out with zits both times. It list "natural oil extracts" on the bottle so that is probably the reason. I have oily, rosacea skin, so I will stick to Dermalogica as my cleanser. I like the other Philiosophy products.

on 4/24/2004 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser! The first time I used it, I thought, no foaming action, I hate it. But then I read Cristina's (CEO) comments on it and it made sense. You need something to dissolve your makeup, not a foam to just push it around. This does dissolve and remove all my makeup and leaves my face feeling clean and fresh, never tight or dry. I use it every night and I love it now!

on 4/21/2004 10:15:00 PM

Absolutely LOVE this stuff! Come home and can't wait to wash my face. It removes all my makeup easily - feels great - and I even like the smell.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After reading the reviews on here I decided to give it a try, so I bought the little $10 bottle-

I started using a sample of it on Wed, and I bought on a Friday- On Monday my face had welt like dots, that hurt and were red! Just horrible-
I am lucky to have normal skin, so this was so scary for me- I decided to stop using it and went back to my favorite soap and things are calm now-It's taking awhile for these bumps to go away-There is nothing in them, almost like a mosquito bite!

DO NOT GET THIS if you have sensitive skin-It strips the skin and there is something in there that is not good for the face-

on 4/5/2004 3:23:00 PM

i *really* like this product. i've used it on and off, but now it's my only cleanser and it does such a good job of leaving me super clean. i'm ok with it not foaming up too much (which is saying a LOT!) and the scent isn't so bad.. i love the feeling afterward even though it is a teeny bit drying -- and it's very effective in keeping away the greasies/acne.

on 3/29/2004 8:24:00 PM

I not only LOVE this cleanser, I actually like the smell! This stuff makes my skin SO soft; the first time I used it I couldn't believe how great my skin felt! The Philosophy line is kind of pricey, but after using the Jump starter kit for a month, I think I'm hooked!

on 3/29/2004 5:49:00 PM

I reorder this product all of the time. It is very mild!!! No harsh chemical scent or burning feel as with other cleansers. I use it along with Hope In A Jar and I am not an expert on skin care, however I feel that it keeps my skin fresh daily.

on 3/25/2004 5:58:00 PM

I'm going through my second bottle of Purity cleanser and I've never repurchased any cleanser. Since High school I've never been able to stick to one cleanser...but then I met Purity. I'm not saying this cleanser is miraculous or anything like that, just the best I've come across so far. I have combination skin--oily T Zone and cheeks that are so dry they sometimes peel...horrid!! Purity for me is both gentle and effective. It doesn't strip my dry areas and isn't too mild for my oily areas. I love it. It works in winter and summer for me.