August 21, 2014 | 1734 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by xjsbellamias13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Im pretty sure this is my HG powder but honestly i have been afraid to try anything else! lol. I dont use this powder foundation as an actual foundation only. I use liquid foundation and then put this over that. But this product used alone does give incredibly good coverage. The color selection is fantastic, and I love the packaging of this product and the way the sponge has its own compartment. You do have to be careful though how much you use of this, because it can tend to look kind of cakey, especially if you are using liquid underneath. But overall, I really LOVE this product, and would recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by babyexplicit69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination asian skin. my color for this is NC35. i havent had time to go buy much makeup so this is basically my only foundation/powder so i use it anyway. i dont like it as a foundation its way too cakey no matter how little you put on and it gives you a matte finish at first but you'll be an oil slick within an hour. i heard somewhere that there is mineral oil in it? not sure. and if you just lean on your arm or something and your wearing long sleeves, you can SEE it coming off on your sleeve its pretty nasty. the price is insanely high for something that sucks so hard..but i guess everyone has their own opinions. i would never buy this again but i still have a lot left.

~~~

worst foundation/powder ever. it comes off your face very easily, looks extremely cakey on me, and does not keep my nose matte at all. not to mention very expensive. i lowered my rating.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by slwye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Looks good on me when first applied, but my forehead gets shiny very quickly when wearing this, and it seems to turn cakey and slightly orange-y after a couple of hours. Not worth the price IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Sp8rk1e888

I use the mac studio fix C3. I think the colors that mac offers are the best ever. I have asian skin so it is really hard to find a foundation/powder that matches my skin tone. All the other brands(Lancome, Avon/Mark, etc) I've tried are either to pink or orange for me. The only problem that I have with it is that I have really oily skin and it clogs my pores. And tend to get some pimples. I think if i get a good oil controller that this might not be an issue. But anyways its still my favorite powder. I've keep on trying other powders but I always come back to mac. The coverage is fantastic. I have uneven skin tone and it really makes my skin look matte and even. Studio fix is kinda pricey but when you go to the mac counter they will give you a free makeover if you buy a something. So its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 10:59:00 AM More reviews by csa119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Studio fix for about 2 years now and i am addicted. i have gone thru soo many compacts trying to find one that met all of my needs. Studio fix is not heavy (feels like you have nothing on), but it gives me even coverage. I am a mac studio fix fan for life. best money i have spent on a compact. i feel as tho it is a lil on the expensive side, but def. worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2007 10:53:00 AM More reviews by cupcaketiffy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not a huge fan of powder colour correctors, but this one was good. I found that it gave amazing coverage, and makes your skin look one, even skintone.
I suppose I just don't like that 'over-make-upped' look, so I am starting to lean towards luminizing liquid foundations, or mineral foundations. I like the natural, dewey finish. If you are wearing Studio Fix, it is a very matte, make-up look. If you don't exfoliate before you wear this...well...yeesh.
It provides TONS of coverage, so in saying that, you don't need very much. And if you DO need more, add a small amount to a large fluffy powder brush and build your coverage. I find using the sponge is too much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

I’m combination and this streaked when I got oily on my nose, forehead and chin. The coverage was alright hard to find a proper shade as well that didn't look too dark or too light. I would not buy this again.

Edit:
at that time of my review i was much oiler than I am now. Now I'm more oily tzone but normal cheeks. I don't notice it streaking as before and the colour nc35 is just right. In the summer is where I believe I have more of an issue because I tan from goign to the beaches etc. so I need a one shade darker I guess.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by princess_xueqi

This is one of the long-lasting powder foundation(with make up base) i have tried, coverage is good & cover pores pretty well.. The finish is flawless!

However, the downside is that the oil-control is NOT good & it cakes during mid day :(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2007 9:51:00 AM More reviews by fireball50

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It was a great product within the first hour or two. Then the product started caking up on my skin and by the end of the day, my face turned into an orangey color. Its great for people who only need to use this for a couple of hours but if you're looking for all day coverage, skip this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by fungurl909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I through i'd try MAC because i was tired of the drugstore brands being too pink for my skin. I found a perfect match because there are so many colours and tones to choose from. It covered up my acne really well but i just didn't like the fact that it had talc in it which probably irritated my skin. That's why i switched to mineral makeup.Basically:
*not too expensive, but not too cheap
*covers will full coverage
*easy application (use brush instead of sponge)
*absorbs oil
*has talc which can irritate skin
*lots of skin tones/colours available for many undertones