October 25, 2014 | 1777 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by redkitty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Way way way to drying and makes me break out! I use a flat brush to apply it lightly and it's still too dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2007 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Neshika

I love this, BUT, only in the Summer. In the winter my face is less shiny and I prefer a lighter product - because this one covers everything, it can be a little drying. In the Summer this is the only powder I put on my face, it stays a long time and comes in such a large range of colors! The only thing I dislike somewhat is the packaging, the small thing holding the lids together always breaks off for some reason. But the powder is great quality!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by pandarov

I like this. NC30 matches me well, provides good coverage, but can be a little heavy and cakey. Unfortunately I've noticed that every time I used this it has made me break out, so I will be returning this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Trixxie6

I prefer a matte finish on my face and this definately provides that when you first apply it. I have fair skin with an uneven tone and like medium to full coverage. I like the smooth matte finish this provides, but I do get shiney mid-day and end of the day and have to reapply a couple of times throughout the day. The compact packaging makes it easy to take along with you and reapply, but I would be much happier if I didn't have to reapply so often. I may try the fluid version of Studio Fix and maybe use this over that. But that's a lot of expensive foundation to pile on.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2007 6:24:00 AM More reviews by NeekaDee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have fair, oily/acne prone skin with acne scarring and this product does a pretty good job covering everything by itself. I experimented applying this product with a wet sponge; and although it gave me absolute flawless coverage it did not last long as I would notice maybe a hour later that the powder would be patchy all over my face. The packaging is very handy but I prefer to use a compact powder puff rather than the latex sponge included. Studio Fix does not make my skin feel more oily and lasts without having to touch up much throughout the day. I agree that it is a little pricey; here in Australia it costs AUD$48! I very much like this product and will repurchase it as soon as I'm in a major city with a MAC counter.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2007 3:36:00 PM More reviews by fkrowitz

Studio Fix powder foundation is so totally amazing!! I hadn't used it for a few years- ?? strayed to a liquid thinking I needed more coverage. Tried Lancome(too much$$), Clinique,(bad colors and too unnatural-looking, Bobbi brown (too much$$ and the SA are sooo pushy and annoying) So, I went back to MAC and foung the BEST foundation- the prefect color, perfect coverage(I'm combo/oily, little rosacea). It is totally amazing- try this- it lasts a long time and you can do light or heavier coverage if you like- easy to apply and a polished look.Love,love love it!!!!! .

Well, a year later I ;ve decided that this is not very good. It turns wierd on me- maybe I'm too oily- and it covers either too much or not enough depending on the application. Tried the Studio Fix liquid- MUCH BETTER. Natural-looking coverage and lasts. Thanks, Mac.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Mellc

I have breakouts all the time. MAC Studio Fix powder is very good at covering them up. Gives a uniform coverage and can be built upon for spot touch ups throughout the day. Powdery/matte finish, but great coverage. Best I've used for a powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2007 12:03:00 AM More reviews by jillaquino

I love that MAC has a wide range of shades. I have yellow undertone and NC25 suits me perfectly. I put on once in the morning with the sponge and stays on all day with minimal touch ups using a buffing brush. I've been to other brand counters and nothing beats the color. I really can't find anything as close to my MAC to my skin color. It sometimes feels like it was cusomized for me. Until I find a brand that's equally good as MAC, i don't think I'm switching.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by lgdanver

I'm in TV, which makes this heavy coverage foundation perfect for me. I think it's better than any liquid. Although I believe it does clog my pores/cause breakouts if I leave it on too long. I use a brush for light coverage and the sponge for heavier coverage (right before I go on air.)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2007 5:46:00 PM More reviews by HallyGirl22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for years now and I love it. The coverage is simply amazing and I dont feel as if im covered in cake. It lasts a very long time and the range of colors is great. I can easily choose different colors for winter/summer when my skin tone deepens or lightens. Goes on smoothly and comfortable and does'nt drown you out. Only problem I find, is that as the compact ages the coverage lessens slightly. Overall great product and I highly recommend it for those who dislike liquid foundations.