July 24, 2014 | 1588 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by babieedoll

I’m combination and this streaked when I got oily on my nose, forehead and chin. The coverage was alright hard to find a proper shade as well that didn't look too dark or too light. I would not buy this again.

Edit:
at that time of my review i was much oiler than I am now. Now I'm more oily tzone but normal cheeks. I don't notice it streaking as before and the colour nc35 is just right. In the summer is where I believe I have more of an issue because I tan from goign to the beaches etc. so I need a one shade darker I guess.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2007 1:20:00 AM More reviews by princess_xueqi

This is one of the long-lasting powder foundation(with make up base) i have tried, coverage is good & cover pores pretty well.. The finish is flawless!

However, the downside is that the oil-control is NOT good & it cakes during mid day :(

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2007 9:51:00 AM More reviews by fireball50

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It was a great product within the first hour or two. Then the product started caking up on my skin and by the end of the day, my face turned into an orangey color. Its great for people who only need to use this for a couple of hours but if you're looking for all day coverage, skip this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by fungurl909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I through i'd try MAC because i was tired of the drugstore brands being too pink for my skin. I found a perfect match because there are so many colours and tones to choose from. It covered up my acne really well but i just didn't like the fact that it had talc in it which probably irritated my skin. That's why i switched to mineral makeup.Basically:
*not too expensive, but not too cheap
*covers will full coverage
*easy application (use brush instead of sponge)
*absorbs oil
*has talc which can irritate skin
*lots of skin tones/colours available for many undertones

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by burningembers20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to just dab some concealer here and there to cover spots and then notice later in the day that my face looked splotchy and horrible. I'm not a fan of heavy powders/foundations, so I avoided using it at all on a regular basis.

I decided to try Studio fix on a whim, and so far I think it is awesome. I am NC25 and it blends so easily and makes me look more polished and neat- not heavily made up. I apply it by lightly dusting it all over my face with a skunk brush, which works nicely bc it spreads evenly and lightly.

Overall, I highly recommend. I know it's pretty much a "classic" so my review wont make much of a dent, but im a new fan of Studio Fix :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2007 4:35:00 AM More reviews by johniyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Studio fix is a staple for many MAC fanatics, and newbies. Powder/ foundation in one is usually the pull, but people sometimes give up on it too quickly. One word TECHNIQUE, TECHNIQUE, TECHNIQUE. Make sure your face is moisturized, and or prepped. The powder glides on like none other, adhering to the skin. I recommend concealer app. first, as powder and concealer dry differently, thus being consistent with the texture all over your face. If you don't want to invest in a primer (preferrably MAC prep+prime), purchase MAC Fix+, it's substantially less. Drench your skin after moisturizing, and let dry. If Fix+ isn't in your budget simply purchase a spray bottle and pour some Evian water in it (A little extra moisturizer before, and it does the trick). The Evian water is perfect for those with highly sensitive skin. The hydration of your face (weather your face is oily or not) is fine as Studio Fix has silica and absorbs excess oils/water. Never apply with the sponge included, it disperses the powder in chunks and does not allow you to buff without going over it several times (plus it's very un-hygenic). Invest in a brush, the MAC 190 is the best pick as you can use it with any foundation; liquid, cream, powder. Make sure to set everyhting with sheer translucent powder. The pay off is great, and you have a lasting look. Go for it, it's worth it.

15 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2007 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Secretly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One word to describe my experience: Caked. This product has pretty much put my views of MAC's quality very low. It would cake on in areas of my face that I never knew were possible. It felt heavy and dry on my skin. Not to mention after wearing it for less then an hour the caked bits became orange colored.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by sbprincess21

I used Studio Fix for a couple years, but finally stopped when I realized I had other OPTIONS! I would apply Studio Tech, then would use Studio Fix on top. It was horrible during hot days, or nights of dancing, as this make-up really does just sweat off. I can't even explain how bad this product is when it comes to coming off when you sweat, or when it rains, or whatever.

I do give it some credit since it does have pretty good coverage, but I could never find a good color match. And yes, it did make me break out occassionally. It didn't make me break out as bad as studio tech, but even after I stopped using s.t., studio fix still made me break out every time I wore it.

There are better products out there when it comes to powder foundations, and foundations in general. M.A.C. is the best when it comes to eyeshadows, blushes, and glosses, hands down, but they let me down when it came to foundations and powders.

****UPDATE****12/17/2008

Sooo, I recently broke down and went back to Studio Fix as most other powders just weren't giving me that full poreless coverage I love. I'm wearing NC30, and honestly, when it comes to coverage NOTHING comes close to the results Studio Fix gives! The only complaints I have is that it definitely turns shiney within the first hour, and I wish the matte results that you have when you first put it on lasted all day. This seems to start melting off after the first few hours, which I've never had with any other powders, so this just seems so greasy for being a powder...and this is even with my wearing a primer and waterproof foundation!! You'd think with all that staying power it wouldn't melt off, but it still does. But the good news is if I just keep blotting every few hours, it won't "melt" off...just never let this get that oily, wet, or sweaty, and it shouldn't be too much of a problem. The only other thing is that it is definitely drying and chalky too-greasy and drying, how strange! It emphasizes dryness and fine lines, so make sure you're face is in top shape before wearing. And whatever you do, DON'T APPLY MORE THAN TWICE!!! Once in the morning, and touching up in the evening is fine, but anything more than that and it will just turn into a cakey, face drying, line emphasizing mess! Blot Blot Blot if you need to and use a good primer and it should last the day. I've noticed that I have been breaking out more since I started using it again, and well, nothing much I can do about that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Daniela1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS AN AMAZING STUFF in fast breaking out...i just apply it in the morning and 5,6 hours later i have already small pimples on my chin...never any product break me out soooooooo fast....The cover is good for a WHILE ..but heavy ..I am going back to JI & Caron...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2007 4:58:00 AM More reviews by suthida

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using Studio Fix for 5 years and I love it. The coverage is superb and it lasts me all day long without having to reapply during the day. It is convenient to use. I'm definitely a BIG FAN.