April 17, 2014 | 1585 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 8:21:00 AM More reviews by warfreakbaby

this was the best powder/foundation for me... BEFORE!!!! when i havent tried any! this makes my face soooo oily. gave me tiny bumps! and oh, did i mention that it looks very cakey?! i thought that it was the best when i am not yet a make up fanatic!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by rolanda

So disappointed. I was lemming this for so long, but not one single color worked on me. WHY? The MA tried so many colors. She ended up recommending NC20 and NC25, but I couldn't figure out what made her pick these 2 as they looked as bad as all the others. I've got some weird color that's really hard to match: fairish/mediumish with green undertones and reddish surface tones. After all the talk about MAC, I thought for sure they'd have a color for my skin. Maybe I should try again on my own without an MA saying "oh, you're this color", cus they pretty much never get it right. *sigh*

NC20 looked like I was wearing white chalk on my face. Not a good look, unless you're on stage with full theatre makeup, which I never am. NC25 turned really *orange* on me. Another not good look. I didn't buy either after looking at them in full sunlight. I was so excited to be able to say "I'm NCxx" and now I can't!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by kandcats

I had tried this years ago and I liked it but I didn't buy it again when I went through it all. I am really not sure why I didn't pick it up again but I moved on to other foundations. Foundation for me really is the hardest beauty product to find that looks just right. I don't know if it is me or my skin. Color seems to oxidize on me and changes after it has been on my skin for awhile so while it looks good when first applied, after a couple of hours I get the mask effect.

A few weeks ago, I visited my local MAC store and decided to try it again. I picked up N5 and have been using it daily. At least 3 times this week a woman from my office has asked me what I've been doing different as she said that my skin looks great. She said I looked "refreshed" which is funny because I've been involved in a special project and I'm working crazy hours and not sleeping well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2007 1:38:00 AM More reviews by kerewin

This is the foundation I use most often. It's easy to apply, absorbs oil and shine well, and provides just enough coverage to even out my reddish, freckeld skin tone without looking mask-like. As many other reviewers have noted, this product is best applied with a powder brush, NOT the enclosed sponge--the sponge makes this otherwise nice, light product into a kabuki mask that sinks right into every line and pore. But applied with a powder brush, it creates a lovely, matte, natural, "glowy" finish. Using a brush also uses much less product; after a year, I've only used about half a package. I will certainly repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2007 4:23:00 PM More reviews by mikkiela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mac studio fix powder foundation is the best of it's kind. the coverage is natural,but it still covers alot.and the wide range of colours means you'll aways find a match. as a consumer and a makeup artist, it unbeatable. HOWEVER that being said, studio fix aint for everybody!!! how the you find the product depends on various factors! First,the condition of your skin,your skin type and the climate you live in. I personally have ok skin, prone to break outs every month with acne scarring.also,i have really oily skin and i live in Africa! What i do is,first i use the best oil control lotion in the world(Living nature balancing day lotion)|, i use mac select-cover up concealer and mac blot powder. And i'm good to go! the powder is amazing. i have used various other powders and foundations,but i am never without studio fix. if you have really bad skin though, you might want to try and liquid or cream foundation.also,i use studio fix daily and it has not caused me to break out.i tend not to use it when im going out clubbin though, as i find liquid foundations last longer through the sweat!
All in all, you'll love this powder of u have good skin or not so bad skin and you want a natural look with decent coverage.my friends that have flawless skin all use this,including some of my clients. However, throw away the sponge!Only use a brush to apply studio fix and you'll see excellent results!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2007 9:55:00 PM More reviews by mjwtex

The color choices, because its a MAC product, are great! I like the idea of a powder foundation, but this one is definitely not for me. I have to wear sunscreen under it and when I do, the powder accentuates my pores and makes them look soooo deep and awful. I advise anyone thinking about this powder to test it out carefully in all kinds of lighting.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2007 6:45:00 PM More reviews by brknly

When I first purchased this product I was in love. The coverage was great and my skin looked flawless. I have been using this product for about 11 months and I am not so sure that I am in love anymore. I still love the coverage, but by the end of the day my face looks oily and my face seems to always break out when wearing this makeup. I have heard "Once you go MAC you never go back" but I am thinking about going back to anything but MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by benderama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

finely miled powder, good coverage. exellent color-match! to bad the oil-control is just ok. i need one with great oil-control!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2007 8:02:00 PM More reviews by iluvmakeup86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like my MAC studio fix powder...I think it covers great and evenly...it does have a little bit of thickness to it but it still gives a natural look that i love and last a very long time....definatly worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2007 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Diana10n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this Powder a little goes a Long Way!!!..I dont usually apply studio fix all over my face with the sponge, since sponges absorb foundation. unstead with a face powder brush i use it to lock in my foundation for a long lasting face!!