December 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by tonkabeane

As much as I wanted to love this foundation (I paid $27 including tax for it and in my world, that's a lot of money for one bottle of foundation), I just couldn't. I have really oily, acne-prone skin and this foundation probably made my skin worse. My skin was still super oily in the T-zone and slightly "cake-y" on my nose. I believe Studio Fix was also the cause of my "super zit" because the super zit only showed up during the time I used Studio Fix and hasn't show up since I stopped using Studio Fix. It was also too "heavy" for my preference. I prefer a light-weight foundation that has medium coverage. I don't like wearing a mask when I leave the house.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2007 12:18:00 AM More reviews by rapbabe16

This stuff is like falling in love for the first time lmao. It's perfect and exciting. I have very pale skin and I found the right match. It covers GORGEOUSLY and it manages not to look cakey. It's perfect. <3<3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2007 11:46:00 AM More reviews by lmteach

I went to Nordstroms, looking for something lighter than Studio Tech. Loved how Studio Tech made my skin look flawless...but it seemed a bit much and melted in the heat. The makeup artist suggested applying Studio Fix Fluid in NW 15 with the Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NW 20. Cannot believe how flawless my skin looks. And it stays on the heat and humidity. Normally, I would wear NW 20 in Studio Tech...N4 in Studio Fix. Once upon a time I tried NW 20 in Studio Fix Fluid and it was too dark. Make sure you check the color of this foundation first before you buy...the shades run a touch darker. Overall, I'm very happy with this foundation - I apply it with the foundation brush, but use the 187 to buff it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2007 1:12:00 AM More reviews by MadameParfum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It makes my skin look flawless, but it's still not 5 lippie-worthy. It turns a little pink/orange on me (but not bad), and even the lightest one is still a little bit dark for my skin tone. I keep trying others (Armani, Neutrogena, Dior, Lancome, Revlon, Prescriptives, Clinique, EsteeLauder, mineral, etc), but keep coming back to this one. If it was a teeny tiny bit lighter, and didn't turn a little orange-y it would get 5 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2007 10:59:00 PM More reviews by talliho

A very good product for first time foundation wearers. I was amazed at how much better my skin looked when I first tried this on. It is light and easy to apply, however, it can look a bit cakey if you build up the coverage. Overall, I love all MAC products. They are definitely worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by redabandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very pale skin with pinkish undertones. After reading MAC's shade guide, I bought NW15. As soon as I took the bottle out of the box, I could tell it was going to be waaay too orange for me, but I tried a little on my arm just to see how noticeable it would be. It looks like I have a big peach bruise! If you're really pale with pink undertones like me, I would suggest looking elsewhere for a foundation match. I know I'm going to.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2007 11:24:00 PM More reviews by northbynw

I love this stuff! I'm dark skinned with yellow undertones, and the colors match perfectly. I put it on right after my moisturizer so I can use just a little and it spreads well. You can't even tell I'm wearing makeup - it looks like I have naturally great, glowing skin. Every time I put it on my boyfriend is fooled and thinks I'm just having a great skin day. It seems to get contaminated easily, though, so I highly recommend buying a pump for it. I think they may only sell the pumps at the free standing stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2007 2:48:00 PM More reviews by loolie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i've been a super mac junkie recently.... almost everything i have is slowly converting to mac. anyway, i was using the studio stick foundation, but because i went through it so quickly, i decided to try something else. i haven't been disappointed in this product! it provides awesome coverage but surprisingly doesn't look like too much. the only let down is that it's kind of heavy which is good for me right now as i'm still clearing from acne, but i might switch to something else after i'm clear. it's never broken me out either, but i would suggest using a make-up remover before your cleanser at the end of the day. overall, i've been happy with every mac foundation i've tried.

edit 9/4: this has slowly become my hg foundation. honestly, the coverage is awesome, and it really doesn't take much for my whole face. i'm pretty much clear now, but i still have a lot of red marks, and every time i try to switch to something else, i always end up coming back to this. combined with fix+, it's amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by KathleenTheGreat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought it and then realized about a month later (how embarrassing) that it was orange on me. I have now been tanning quite a bit and it actually matches me. Its an NW 20.. I was in the mac shop and tried other shade son the paler areas of my skin and nothing would match. Anyway , when I get paler i iwll have to find something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 1:32:00 AM More reviews by SereneBeauty

MAC produces some of the best foundations I have ever used, bar none. As a very dark-skinned African American woman, it has ALWAYS been difficult for me to find shades that really matched well. I am happy to say that I have not found that to be a problem with MAC, and is probably the number one reason why I will forever be devoted to MAC.

Studio Fix Fluid is an amazing product. I have oily, acne -prone skin with moderate scarring. This product has great coverage, without making me look like I am wearing a mask. It lasts all day, and really gives my skin a very luminous and pretty every day look. The coverage is buildable, making it great to go from a day to evening look easily with one foundation.

I apply using a brush, and I wear NW55. I would highly recommend this product to all women who love high quality make up and love looking good!