Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 7/12/2004 1:01:00 PM

My mother lives by the Philosophy products. She is on auto-delivery with some products through QVC and she gave me the rest of her old cleanser to try. I am 20 years old with uneven skin tones and also very oily and this product is great for its moisture effects but not so great for cleaning deep down into the pours or helping blemishes. For the price, it would be crazy for me to go out and purchase this product.This was a no go for me.

on 7/10/2004 12:43:00 PM

It's an okay cleanser. Takes off mascara nicely, without irritating my eyes. But it's not all that, so to speak. I don't get the hype around this cleanser. It's part of my permanent rotation, simply because I love 'save me' and 'when hope is not enough' serums. I think its best to use products from the same line at the same time--but as a cleanser per se, its just so so. And like most philosophy products, "synthetic" or "chemical" immediately come to mind when I smell it. Now I do love several philosophy products, but only because of the results (the serums, the peels)--the smell of philosophy products leaves much to be desired. Same with this cleanser. For the most part, I just think this product is way over hyped.

on 7/7/2004 11:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is one of those products I return to again and again. I get bored, I stray - but I always come back. It's gentle but thorough - removes all of my makeup without stripping my (sensitive combination) skin. There are essential oils in here, so while the product is considered unscented I can definitely smell the rose geranium in this - which I like. These oils might make this a no-go for some skin types, but this cleanser works for me all year 'round - even in the summer, when my skin is oiliest.

on 6/29/2004 9:26:00 PM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this cleanser. Made my skin radiant after just a few days of using it. The smell is a little odd, but very easy to get used to. I used to be a Mary Kay girl, but Philosophy is what it will be from now on!

on 6/15/2004 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this product at Sephora in LA (the 4 oz size) and it worked great. It did not make me break out and left my skin looking wonderful and clear. Would definitely purchase again!

on 6/4/2004 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Love, love, love this cleanser! My skin feels so clean, yet not dry! You don't even need to use an additional eye makeup remover - BONUS!

on 6/3/2004 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this a pretty good cleanser. it does clean my face and take al the makeup residue, and it kind of moisturizes. all in all good product, but i had to take off one lippie because the texture is just too watery.

on 5/18/2004 4:03:00 PM

Meh. I love philosophy, but this cleanser is nothing fabulous, or even close. Alright, it cleanses. Eucerin could do that. Neutrogena could do that. Hell, Stridex could do it to. Yes, it's gentle. Yes, it takes off your makeup and doesn't sting your eyes. But all this "dissolving dirt" hype I don't buy. I have skin that is very prone to clogged pores and, while this did not instigate any breakouts, it didn't help manage them either. Yes, it's a decent cleanser all around, but nothing spectacular and not worth the price.

on 5/12/2004 8:52:00 PM

I am just finishing a bottle of this which lasted about 4 months. Here is what I like, it really cleanses without drying and I can take off eye make-up without burning. I do not like the scent which reminds me of some type of medicine that I can never quite figre out what I am smelling, the consistency is too watery, and it just pours out of the squirt hole. These two things are enough to keep me from buying it again.

on 5/11/2004 10:32:00 AM

My HG facial cleanser. Just the best. Tears through all my makeup at the end of the day. Leaves my face really clean. Gets out those annoying black dots on my nose. I have tried nearly every cleanser out there and this one is the best all around cleanser I have ever used. I will never let myself run out of this.