Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 5/18/2004 4:03:00 PM

Meh. I love philosophy, but this cleanser is nothing fabulous, or even close. Alright, it cleanses. Eucerin could do that. Neutrogena could do that. Hell, Stridex could do it to. Yes, it's gentle. Yes, it takes off your makeup and doesn't sting your eyes. But all this "dissolving dirt" hype I don't buy. I have skin that is very prone to clogged pores and, while this did not instigate any breakouts, it didn't help manage them either. Yes, it's a decent cleanser all around, but nothing spectacular and not worth the price.

on 5/12/2004 8:52:00 PM

I am just finishing a bottle of this which lasted about 4 months. Here is what I like, it really cleanses without drying and I can take off eye make-up without burning. I do not like the scent which reminds me of some type of medicine that I can never quite figre out what I am smelling, the consistency is too watery, and it just pours out of the squirt hole. These two things are enough to keep me from buying it again.

on 5/11/2004 10:32:00 AM

My HG facial cleanser. Just the best. Tears through all my makeup at the end of the day. Leaves my face really clean. Gets out those annoying black dots on my nose. I have tried nearly every cleanser out there and this one is the best all around cleanser I have ever used. I will never let myself run out of this.

on 5/10/2004 9:07:00 PM

I think this is an ok cleanser. I wish it were fragrance free though.

on 5/1/2004 4:46:00 PM

I got a small size of this in my Miracle Worker kit. Although I like it and it seems to cleanse without stripping, it simply doesn't measure up to the rest of the philosophy line. My pores tend to get very clogged and Purity doesn't address this much. I would prefer a deeper clean. This strikes me as being no better than soap. It's basically just average. For this price you could probably do better.

on 4/30/2004 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good stuff! I received this as a GWP in the "Exfoliate" set. I used it as a follow-up to "The Great Mystery" and it did a great job of removing all the leftover "stuff" in the product that I didn't want or need. I've used it alone to remove makeup and it took everything off without making my skin feel stripped. No leftover mascara or buring eyes. Product does not foam (which didn't bother me) and has a nice botanical fragrance. Rinses off well but you do feel a bit slick afterward. Overall I'm happy with this and will definitely consider repurchasing.

on 4/27/2004 11:27:00 PM

I really like this product! It takes off all my makeup including mascara! I stopped using this for awhile and broke out, within 2 days of going back to it my skin was glowing again! I will never stop using this again (I learned the hard way)! ;P I love all the Philosophy products!

on 4/27/2004 6:22:00 AM

Have tried many cleansers over the years and this is the first one that actually keeps the somewhat large pores on my nose really clean. No more of those little annoying black dots that drove me crazy trying to unclog. My skin is oily in the T-zone and dry around the eyes and cheeks and this cleanser works well in both those areas. It leaves my skin feeling very clean and not dry and tight right afterwards. Will not be without this product.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have used this product on two different occasions and it made me break out with zits both times. It list "natural oil extracts" on the bottle so that is probably the reason. I have oily, rosacea skin, so I will stick to Dermalogica as my cleanser. I like the other Philiosophy products.

on 4/24/2004 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this cleanser! The first time I used it, I thought, no foaming action, I hate it. But then I read Cristina's (CEO) comments on it and it made sense. You need something to dissolve your makeup, not a foam to just push it around. This does dissolve and remove all my makeup and leaves my face feeling clean and fresh, never tight or dry. I use it every night and I love it now!