July 23, 2014 | 2011 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by nikki_nikki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear MAC Studio Fix powder/foundation for several years now. In the beginning this powder does make my pores look bigger. To avoid this from happening, I apply a light moisturizer first, then use the MAC 187 brush to apply the powder with. This gives me a nice, flawless look. NC 30 matches my skin perfectly. I find the studio fix color looks a tad lighter than studio tech NC30

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2007 5:43:00 PM More reviews by danig5

I think this product makes me (and my mom and sister who also wore it) look very very made up. A fine effect for photos but not everyday. I also agree with previous reviewer who stated it comes of on anything that touches it. I put it aside in favor of trying mineral makeups and went back to it after a few months out of curiousity. It looked to me like I was wearing a mask & !!!! broke me out. Will never purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 11:00:00 AM More reviews by rastaxcore

I say I would buy this again because it's a quality face powder that can be used without foundation. It's very matte, which is good for winter, and doesn't look overly made up. However, I could see how a lot of people might not want something this heavy -- over foundation, it can look cakey. But, it's designed for durability, so it stays on and touches up well. For those who want to look formal without slathering on tons of primer, this is definitely worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I finally made my way to the MAC counter at the MAC store by my house. I was a little apprehensive about trying any makeup that wasn't a mineral makeup. But I have had so many friends that use this product and the coverage looked amazing on them.

The MA that helped me was very friendly and not pushy at all. She applied the Studio Tech and the Studio Fix to each side of my face and let me decide. I liked the studio fix because it looked more medium in coverage. She matched me to N5.

I have been using this product for 2 weeks now and have not broken out. This suprised me in a good way. Since it gives such full coverage I expected it to feel heavy on my face and break me out, but so far so good.

I use a MAC #187 brush to apply the product (this gives a more even flawless application). I also prime my face with Jan Marini sunscreen first.

So far this is a good product that I will continue t use unless given a reason not to. I gave it 4 lippies because of the price- but it still seems to be worth the investment.

**UPDATE** SO I was doing well with this product in the beginning, but for some reason it has started turning orange on my skin. I went and did a Mystic Tan and now it matches. So I will use it for summer, but will find something else for Winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by xjsbellamias13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Im pretty sure this is my HG powder but honestly i have been afraid to try anything else! lol. I dont use this powder foundation as an actual foundation only. I use liquid foundation and then put this over that. But this product used alone does give incredibly good coverage. The color selection is fantastic, and I love the packaging of this product and the way the sponge has its own compartment. You do have to be careful though how much you use of this, because it can tend to look kind of cakey, especially if you are using liquid underneath. But overall, I really LOVE this product, and would recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by babyexplicit69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination asian skin. my color for this is NC35. i havent had time to go buy much makeup so this is basically my only foundation/powder so i use it anyway. i dont like it as a foundation its way too cakey no matter how little you put on and it gives you a matte finish at first but you'll be an oil slick within an hour. i heard somewhere that there is mineral oil in it? not sure. and if you just lean on your arm or something and your wearing long sleeves, you can SEE it coming off on your sleeve its pretty nasty. the price is insanely high for something that sucks so hard..but i guess everyone has their own opinions. i would never buy this again but i still have a lot left.

~~~

worst foundation/powder ever. it comes off your face very easily, looks extremely cakey on me, and does not keep my nose matte at all. not to mention very expensive. i lowered my rating.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by slwye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Looks good on me when first applied, but my forehead gets shiny very quickly when wearing this, and it seems to turn cakey and slightly orange-y after a couple of hours. Not worth the price IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Sp8rk1e888

I use the mac studio fix C3. I think the colors that mac offers are the best ever. I have asian skin so it is really hard to find a foundation/powder that matches my skin tone. All the other brands(Lancome, Avon/Mark, etc) I've tried are either to pink or orange for me. The only problem that I have with it is that I have really oily skin and it clogs my pores. And tend to get some pimples. I think if i get a good oil controller that this might not be an issue. But anyways its still my favorite powder. I've keep on trying other powders but I always come back to mac. The coverage is fantastic. I have uneven skin tone and it really makes my skin look matte and even. Studio fix is kinda pricey but when you go to the mac counter they will give you a free makeover if you buy a something. So its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 10:59:00 AM More reviews by csa119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Studio fix for about 2 years now and i am addicted. i have gone thru soo many compacts trying to find one that met all of my needs. Studio fix is not heavy (feels like you have nothing on), but it gives me even coverage. I am a mac studio fix fan for life. best money i have spent on a compact. i feel as tho it is a lil on the expensive side, but def. worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2007 10:53:00 AM More reviews by cupcaketiffy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am not a huge fan of powder colour correctors, but this one was good. I found that it gave amazing coverage, and makes your skin look one, even skintone.
I suppose I just don't like that 'over-make-upped' look, so I am starting to lean towards luminizing liquid foundations, or mineral foundations. I like the natural, dewey finish. If you are wearing Studio Fix, it is a very matte, make-up look. If you don't exfoliate before you wear this...well...yeesh.
It provides TONS of coverage, so in saying that, you don't need very much. And if you DO need more, add a small amount to a large fluffy powder brush and build your coverage. I find using the sponge is too much.