MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

This was one of my first MAC purchases, and I'm not sad to see a large amount of pan in the bottom of my compact. I was matched to NW15, which is a fine color for me, it's usually hard for me to get a color that is light enough yet isn't too pink or too yellow. NW15 is great in this capacity. However, the texture it leaves on my skin leaves a lot to be desired. I usually don't like the muss and fuss of liquid, but Studio Fix likes to leave a cakey film on my face (I can easily see it sitting on the top of my skin, making my pores look huge and my face powdery) and doesn't like to blend once it's on. Yes, I've tried using Fix+ over it, as well as using a primer underneath. This stuff just isn't malleable enough for me to find it useful. I don't like that no matter how little I use (and I do use a brush, not a sponge), it leaves that film. I can't really describe it, but trust me, it looks positively awful. I'll use up the rest of mine using my 187 to lightly dust my t-zone, but after that, Back to MAC it goes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A lovely product. The powder is very fine, quite matte and provides excellent coverage without appearing caked on. It gives my skin a wonderful smoothness, fills in pores and doesn't appear to accentuate lines. I apply this on top of a primer and feel like I have a lot of control over how much coverage I am after. My skin tone is medium and I've found NC30 is a perfect match for me (when I don't have a tan - NC40 for when I do). Big fan. I have all but forgotten my Chanel Vitalumiere compact which Studio Fix has happily replaced. I finish it off with Fix+ spray for a soft, dewy look.

on 2/3/2008 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this in NC30 a couple years ago and didn't think of reviewing this product until now. I review products in spurts in case you haven't noticed.

My skin is combo, sensitive and very acne-proned. This product matches my skin color perfectly and even though I use it on a daily basis, I have yet to hit pan. I apply this product with the MAC kabuki brush or with a flocked sponge application depending on the finish I'm looking for.

I dont know if the price has increased on this product, but I remember when I bought it, it was very reasonably priced and since I still have so much of this product left, I would say it's worth it. I'm not sure if I will be repurchasing when I run out because I dont know if I still have a use for this product since finding my (maybe HG) full coverage foundation and concealor (MUFE face and body foundation and full coverage concealor). Although I do always carry this product around with me for touch ups. This product has the ability to take away the oilies and cover up any blemishes that may come up during the day. Very handy when I'm heading out to happy hour or dinner right after work.

on 2/3/2008 1:38:00 AM

I had never broke out before...until I started wearing this product. Buyer beware, it may cause acne break outs. But, for those that do not have sensitive skin, this makes the skin look flawless. That is what made me buy the MAC powder in the first place. Or, it could be that those that use the product already have flawless skin???

on 1/31/2008 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

HMmm... I like this product and since I don't wear make-up that often I don't break out from it. I would probably buy it again just b/c it's the first powder that actually matched my skin.

on 1/30/2008 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great coverage with this product!!

on 1/28/2008 10:01:00 PM

Looks great when freshly applied BUT by the end of the day, the powder has turned orange on me! Who would want an orange face?!?!? Not only that … after I tried it for a week and had gone to get a facial, my esthetician commented that my pores were clogged! This was the only product I had switched during that time and I never had this many clogged pores before. Some people have no problem with pore clogging ingredients. My skin is very sensitive to those kinds of ingredients and gets clogged easily. Needless to say …. never again …

on 1/28/2008 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product!! Hands down, studio fix is the best foundation. Even though I havent tried the other foundations in their line, which i plan to do soon, this foundation gives everything you need in a foundation. It gives complete coverage and it gives a dewy look. I use the both the sponge and a brush. I often use clinique moisture surge spray after i have applied it, because often it is dry applying it alone. The spray works miracles, it provides a glow and dewey finish. It tends to make your face look like it is refreshed just without all of your flaws. studio fix gives everything that is needed in a foundation!!!

on 1/28/2008 1:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love this. I apply it with a big fluffy powder brush and it gives me full, yet soft and natural looking coverage. I go over it with more studio fix with the sponge under my eyes and on blemishes. Yes, it works well as a concealer, too. NC 15 is a perfect match for my pale, warm skin. I do not, however, like to apply it all over with the sponge, as it looks too cakey applied that way.

on 1/28/2008 8:48:00 AM

Love this stuff. It's a perfect match for my skin tone (C40). When I have time in the mornings I apply with the 187 - amazing, flawless application in less than 5 minutes. When I don't have time, I use the 129SH (short handle) on the go, but I don't like it. Fix this stuff with Fix+ and it looks amazing. So natural but perfect. It doesn't break me out either, but my skins pretty good. I would definitely purchase again, possibly HG everyday foundation...?