August 30, 2014 | 931 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2007 10:02:00 AM More reviews by pantyhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Me: PPP, acne prone, oily t-zone, lots of left over red marks and scarring
NC15 matches me perfect! That's a major feat all by itself. It went on a perfect match and stayed that way; it didn't turn pink,orange,or yellow. However, the coverage is amazing too AND I looked awesome all day long. By awesome I mean, even when I started to have oily break through my pores still looked invisible! The pores on my cheeks closer to my nose usually start showing up big time when I start to get oily and I start to look a lil freaky. Sigh, I can't stress how much I love this! It completely had me hooked when I looked in my rear-view mirror in the car and saw how flawless it looked in the natural light. UPDATE: I don't use this that much. I only use it for touch-ups on long days or when I'm going out. It can look a little too chalky at times but I'm not in a rush to replace it either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My pores have been visible for as long as I can remember but other than that and the occasional milia, I have great skin for a gal pushing forty. Having said that, SFF is too darn heavy! It's opaque and makes me look like I'm revisiting the 80's. I got a good match with NW20 but unfortunately the color changes into that funky pinky-orangey foundation makeup shades reminiscent of the 60's, 70's and even 80's. I imagine this product to be outstanding for someone who needs full coverage because this stuff packs on really well. That's if they don't mind the color changing. Unfortunately, it's not for me. I have gone back to my old favourite and HG: Physician's Formula Powder Palette Multi-colored Pressed Powder in Translucent.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by alejandra08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found that this is pretty good. If you have really dry skin, it may make your skin drier and you can kind of see dry skin peeling off, but if you mosturize and exfoliate it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I find this is really easy to apply and looks smooth on your skin. It blends well and doesn't make your face look orange! like most other foundations I have tried. I use this with the MAC blot powder which also works very well. Overall, I will keep using it and see if I would buy it again. But I probably will because I haven't found anything else that is better.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Because of my despartation to cover my blemishes i convinced myself from day one that this colour-NW50 worked for me. i should have gone with my gut when i kept insisting 'its too light , its too light' to the MA but she convinced me i was too used to seeing my darker hyperpigmetation which meant that with the mac on, i was seeing my tru lighter, even complexion for the 1st time! in a nutshell, mac may supposedly be diverse with their colours but if your black- as in very dark skinned, they give u the darkest colour in thier range which is NW50. joke is, that's still too light for ur average dark skinned gal including myself! i honestly think the staff at mac hav been trained to recommend the same ol same ol for black ppl: foundation NW50 blusher: Raizin, blot powder: deep dark!(which is also s**t cos its soo ashy looking!) but the truth is, not all darks skins are the same and mac's colour spectrum is simply not broad enuff!! Not only that, im only 20 yrs old, yet mac managed to settle in laughter lines & forehead creases i didnt even knw i had!! shine breakthru comes within about an hour after application on me& turns orangey!it also stains easily on garments/other ppl and to make matters worse i finally realised that this was causing my constant break outs after nearly 2yrs!!! WTF!VEXED. thats a lot of emotional damage that cant be undone! i also hate the 'obviously i'm wearing makeup' look this has! oh and did i mention that this is great at HIGHLIGHTING PORES & clingin to any minor amount of facial hair one may have making it look as though you need a facial wax! this stuff is such disgrace especially if u have sensitive skin! im sooo glad ive seen the light!!!
im dashing this crap aside for good ASAP!!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2007 12:32:00 AM More reviews by liagibba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty sure this is what's making me break-out recently.
I really wanted to like MAC Studio Fix, but it just looks cakey on my oily, acne prone skin. And it wipes off on anything that touches my face way too easily. I'll be switching to mineral make-up soon, I just wish I hadn't spent so much money on something that didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by karobinette

I just discovered MAC (I never used it before because the clownish-looking women at the counter freaked me out), but after paying $40+ for Bobbi Brown foundation and breaking the bank, I thought I'd try this out. Their range of color is amazing, especially for a half-Asian like myself. My skin is oily, though, so my face is shining like a silver platter after a few hours of putting this on. I use the Clinique Pore Refining lotion before I put this on to minimize the shine and it works great. I hate cakey foundations, but this gives me great coverage without making me look cheap : )

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2007 12:52:00 AM More reviews by jennlaVICIOUS

Does wonders for my skin, but since I have oily skin, the coverage doesn't last all that long. I need to throw blot powder over to get lasting power. It does give a nice even coverage, almost giving that soft photo look. Definitely not something to wear just for an everyday kind of thing. You'd look over done. Downside? It gets onto anything and everything!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by nikki_nikki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear MAC Studio Fix powder/foundation for several years now. In the beginning this powder does make my pores look bigger. To avoid this from happening, I apply a light moisturizer first, then use the MAC 187 brush to apply the powder with. This gives me a nice, flawless look. NC 30 matches my skin perfectly. I find the studio fix color looks a tad lighter than studio tech NC30

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2007 5:43:00 PM More reviews by danig5

I think this product makes me (and my mom and sister who also wore it) look very very made up. A fine effect for photos but not everyday. I also agree with previous reviewer who stated it comes of on anything that touches it. I put it aside in favor of trying mineral makeups and went back to it after a few months out of curiousity. It looked to me like I was wearing a mask & !!!! broke me out. Will never purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 11:00:00 AM More reviews by rastaxcore

I say I would buy this again because it's a quality face powder that can be used without foundation. It's very matte, which is good for winter, and doesn't look overly made up. However, I could see how a lot of people might not want something this heavy -- over foundation, it can look cakey. But, it's designed for durability, so it stays on and touches up well. For those who want to look formal without slathering on tons of primer, this is definitely worth a try.