MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 2/17/2008 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this powder a while ago, I don't use it every day bec it is pretty heavy...
The coverage is very good and very matte. I feel like they didn't match my color that well and they didn't have an in between color so I got the one that was a tad darker so its okay for summer but not so great for winter.
I have a really hard time matching makeup to my skin so its kind of a pain for me to buy powders and foundation.
I do like that its a powder and foundation in one but in a powder form.
I don't know if I will buy it again, I am looking for something better and not so matte.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I found myself going back to MAC's studio fix after being disappointed with other lines like Lancome, Bobbi Brown, Prescriptives or pairing the powder with a liquid/cream foundation with another line. I didn't like that I showed up ghostly in photos or like an oil slick in the afternoon but thought the price, color and picking up a blot powder justified it. For years, I suffered from cystic acne. I had these huge, inflamed zits that left craters in my face (no picking). It was a vicious cycle week after week. I visited dermatologists, tried Proactive, changed my diet and nothing worked. Well what worked was the day I decided to purchase custom blend liquid foundation and powder from Prescriptives. I had a break out before then but once I was off of MAC completely...I have not had a pimple since (unless PMSing and even those are really tiny) and it's now over a year later. I now realize that MAC's foundation products broke me out terribly and contributed to years of terrible/scary looking skin. I say all of this to say, if you use MAC and feel like your skin will never clear up...it's probably not your skin, it's MAC.

on 2/17/2008 8:49:00 AM

I really like this product, for me it doesn't give me the coverage a need but what i love to use this for is to bring with me to my school and just keep it in my locker and use it to touch up my foundation and it works great for that i just make sure i have a not too old powder puff in it and that what i use and it workd great. i will definitly buy it again just for that use.

on 2/16/2008 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my holy grail foundation. I have combination skin and I've never had streaks or caky problems. I love it!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love studio fix. It's great coverage and if you figure out how to put it on with your skin it's excellent. I have really dry skin and tried MAC moistureblend which is supposed to be better for my skin type but it ran out too quickly. Studiofix lasts much long but I have to use put on 2 types of moisturizer and cocoa butter underneath it to keep my skin from looking really powdery. It's worth the extra effort though.

on 2/13/2008 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I would NEVER purchase this product EVER again. I was matched as NC35, which did match my skin quite well, but it's SO HEAVY. I felt like I was wearing a mask. It looked okay at first but then oxidized into a streaky, patchy mess, and my skin isn't oily or dry either. MAC failed me again... they're just way too much. I'll stick to my Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous.. it's literally weightless on and it doesn't oxidize into a disgusting mess.

on 2/13/2008 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hi. I've read most of the reviews and majority of you were telling that this compact is not suitable for combo (oily plus acne skin). The lady in MAC recommended me this even though knowing that I have a combo, cause she asked me. I've been really using this product for almost a year now and it's almost consume. I do get that cakey look in my face. Any tip here on what's best to use for someone like me who has a combo skin? Preferably still in MAC. Thanks in advance.

on 2/12/2008 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Nice idea of a compact foundation, but this stuff is awful for oily skin. It streaks and gets cakey where I would just normally have break-through shine.

on 2/11/2008 7:32:00 PM

I LUV IT!!!!!!!!! BEST POWDER EVER!THIS IS THE ONLY ONE I BUY!

on 2/11/2008 3:14:00 PM

I LOVE my StudioFix powder! It provides great coverage, doesn't break my skin out and is super soft. I was hesitant to try it based on some of the reviews but I'm glad I did! When I use it with the Prep+Prime SPF 50, my makeup stays put and I don't ever need a blotting sheet during the day.