MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 1/20/2008 11:28:00 AM

Advantages:
1. Good packaging for when your on the go and need a quick touch up!
Disadvantages:
1. Too orange and cakey looking!
2. Doesn't control shine and gets too oily after a few hours of wear!
3. By the end of the day, it is all mostly gone!
4. Too expensive!

on 1/19/2008 4:35:00 PM

Pros: Fast and easy application (I use a kabuki brush), GREAT coverage, velvety finish, travel-friendly packaging, great color selection (I am NC40), and reasonable price ($25).

Cons: Accentuates pores and dryness. Comes off easily, especially in oily t-zone area. But most of all, it drove my skin crazy! I don't know what ingredient caused it but my face was pretty clear before I used it... Then I had a huge breakout, which cleared up after a week of not using it. It also gave me red, painful, itchy, dry patches, which also cleared up after I stopped using the studio fix. I'm really disappointed because this foundation looked so pretty and was so fast to apply! Does anyone know if there is another foundation with the same coverage and finish, but is not irritating for dry, sensitive skin? Please get back to me if you do!

on 1/18/2008 9:41:00 PM

I have been using this (NC 40 for summer, and NC 30 or 35 for winter) for over 5 years. Love it ! Covers extremely well, not drying, stays on forever. I got at least 10 women I know into it, and now they would not use any other foundation/powder either !

on 1/18/2008 4:37:00 PM

This is a great powder foundation. For around 6 years now I've been pretty faithful to Lancome's Dual Finish with a couple unsuccessful drugstore detours here and there. My main problems are finding a shade pale enough for my skintone and getting the coverage I need. Since the drugstore foundations didn't work and I was tired of paying big bucks for Dual Finish I went to the MAC counter. The SA matched me up with NC15 and I can't tell if it's exactly my skintone but it's pretty darn close. The coverage is fantastic, far better than Dual Finish. I'm also acne-prone and thank goodness this doesn't break me out. A word of warning though - if you apply this with a sponge it will be very heavy. Unless you plan on making a TV appearance, doing a photoshoot, or have a very ruddy/uneven skintone you don't need to use a sponge. I apply this lightly with a large brush and I get perfect coverage this way. I LOVE that this is a moderately priced, quality foundation. I used to have to apply quite a bit of Dual Finish to get the coverage I get from a couple light sweeps of Studio Fix which saves me even more money since this lasts longer. I'll happily continue to repurchase.

on 1/18/2008 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it, never ever made me break out like other foundations/powders. Covers pretty well, for $25, get it.

on 1/18/2008 4:02:00 PM

Wow! I don't break out at all and it covers magically... I love it!!!

on 1/18/2008 10:58:00 AM

Hate it. Made my skin itchy and made me break out too!

on 1/17/2008 9:22:00 PM

I love this makeup. It has never made me break out and I found that it covers very well, almost like an air brush finish, it makes your skin look flawless. Also , One compact will last you a long time 6+ months. so for the 30.00 it is worth it!.

on 1/17/2008 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

if you`re looking for a product that breaks you out really quickly , use this . it has amazing coverage but looks cakey & made me break out

on 1/17/2008 12:02:00 PM

Like all MAC face products, I hated Studio Fix. It broke me out like crazy. Definitely not worth it.