July 31, 2014 | 1634 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2007 5:29:00 PM More reviews by starspex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Because of my despartation to cover my blemishes i convinced myself from day one that this colour-NW50 worked for me. i should have gone with my gut when i kept insisting 'its too light , its too light' to the MA but she convinced me i was too used to seeing my darker hyperpigmetation which meant that with the mac on, i was seeing my tru lighter, even complexion for the 1st time! in a nutshell, mac may supposedly be diverse with their colours but if your black- as in very dark skinned, they give u the darkest colour in thier range which is NW50. joke is, that's still too light for ur average dark skinned gal including myself! i honestly think the staff at mac hav been trained to recommend the same ol same ol for black ppl: foundation NW50 blusher: Raizin, blot powder: deep dark!(which is also s**t cos its soo ashy looking!) but the truth is, not all darks skins are the same and mac's colour spectrum is simply not broad enuff!! Not only that, im only 20 yrs old, yet mac managed to settle in laughter lines & forehead creases i didnt even knw i had!! shine breakthru comes within about an hour after application on me& turns orangey!it also stains easily on garments/other ppl and to make matters worse i finally realised that this was causing my constant break outs after nearly 2yrs!!! WTF!VEXED. thats a lot of emotional damage that cant be undone! i also hate the 'obviously i'm wearing makeup' look this has! oh and did i mention that this is great at HIGHLIGHTING PORES & clingin to any minor amount of facial hair one may have making it look as though you need a facial wax! this stuff is such disgrace especially if u have sensitive skin! im sooo glad ive seen the light!!!
im dashing this crap aside for good ASAP!!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2007 12:32:00 AM More reviews by liagibba

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm pretty sure this is what's making me break-out recently.
I really wanted to like MAC Studio Fix, but it just looks cakey on my oily, acne prone skin. And it wipes off on anything that touches my face way too easily. I'll be switching to mineral make-up soon, I just wish I hadn't spent so much money on something that didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by karobinette

I just discovered MAC (I never used it before because the clownish-looking women at the counter freaked me out), but after paying $40+ for Bobbi Brown foundation and breaking the bank, I thought I'd try this out. Their range of color is amazing, especially for a half-Asian like myself. My skin is oily, though, so my face is shining like a silver platter after a few hours of putting this on. I use the Clinique Pore Refining lotion before I put this on to minimize the shine and it works great. I hate cakey foundations, but this gives me great coverage without making me look cheap : )

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2007 12:52:00 AM More reviews by jennlaVICIOUS

Does wonders for my skin, but since I have oily skin, the coverage doesn't last all that long. I need to throw blot powder over to get lasting power. It does give a nice even coverage, almost giving that soft photo look. Definitely not something to wear just for an everyday kind of thing. You'd look over done. Downside? It gets onto anything and everything!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by nikki_nikki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wear MAC Studio Fix powder/foundation for several years now. In the beginning this powder does make my pores look bigger. To avoid this from happening, I apply a light moisturizer first, then use the MAC 187 brush to apply the powder with. This gives me a nice, flawless look. NC 30 matches my skin perfectly. I find the studio fix color looks a tad lighter than studio tech NC30

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2007 5:43:00 PM More reviews by danig5

I think this product makes me (and my mom and sister who also wore it) look very very made up. A fine effect for photos but not everyday. I also agree with previous reviewer who stated it comes of on anything that touches it. I put it aside in favor of trying mineral makeups and went back to it after a few months out of curiousity. It looked to me like I was wearing a mask & !!!! broke me out. Will never purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2007 11:00:00 AM More reviews by rastaxcore

I say I would buy this again because it's a quality face powder that can be used without foundation. It's very matte, which is good for winter, and doesn't look overly made up. However, I could see how a lot of people might not want something this heavy -- over foundation, it can look cakey. But, it's designed for durability, so it stays on and touches up well. For those who want to look formal without slathering on tons of primer, this is definitely worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2007 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jhoggan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I finally made my way to the MAC counter at the MAC store by my house. I was a little apprehensive about trying any makeup that wasn't a mineral makeup. But I have had so many friends that use this product and the coverage looked amazing on them.

The MA that helped me was very friendly and not pushy at all. She applied the Studio Tech and the Studio Fix to each side of my face and let me decide. I liked the studio fix because it looked more medium in coverage. She matched me to N5.

I have been using this product for 2 weeks now and have not broken out. This suprised me in a good way. Since it gives such full coverage I expected it to feel heavy on my face and break me out, but so far so good.

I use a MAC #187 brush to apply the product (this gives a more even flawless application). I also prime my face with Jan Marini sunscreen first.

So far this is a good product that I will continue t use unless given a reason not to. I gave it 4 lippies because of the price- but it still seems to be worth the investment.

**UPDATE** SO I was doing well with this product in the beginning, but for some reason it has started turning orange on my skin. I went and did a Mystic Tan and now it matches. So I will use it for summer, but will find something else for Winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by xjsbellamias13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Im pretty sure this is my HG powder but honestly i have been afraid to try anything else! lol. I dont use this powder foundation as an actual foundation only. I use liquid foundation and then put this over that. But this product used alone does give incredibly good coverage. The color selection is fantastic, and I love the packaging of this product and the way the sponge has its own compartment. You do have to be careful though how much you use of this, because it can tend to look kind of cakey, especially if you are using liquid underneath. But overall, I really LOVE this product, and would recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2007 11:12:00 PM More reviews by babyexplicit69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have combination asian skin. my color for this is NC35. i havent had time to go buy much makeup so this is basically my only foundation/powder so i use it anyway. i dont like it as a foundation its way too cakey no matter how little you put on and it gives you a matte finish at first but you'll be an oil slick within an hour. i heard somewhere that there is mineral oil in it? not sure. and if you just lean on your arm or something and your wearing long sleeves, you can SEE it coming off on your sleeve its pretty nasty. the price is insanely high for something that sucks so hard..but i guess everyone has their own opinions. i would never buy this again but i still have a lot left.

~~~

worst foundation/powder ever. it comes off your face very easily, looks extremely cakey on me, and does not keep my nose matte at all. not to mention very expensive. i lowered my rating.