April 18, 2014 | 1856 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by gottaHAVEitALL

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've actually used this on and off for a while now, and as much as I love MAC products, this one is not for me. The coverage is amazing, conceals any imperfections you may have, but is so thick and cakey that it settles into my fine lines and makes me look way older than I am. The search for the ultimate HG powder foundation continues...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by LKirsten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've become hooked on powder foundations but this sucked! Waay too dry & cakey on my combo skin. The color match was great & I thought that maybe it needed time to "mix" with my skin like BE does, but no, it stayed looking dry & cakey no matter what I did. And I tried it all! With primer, without primer, with Fix+/Charged Waters & without. Different brushes, different application techniques, more, less, etc. No good - immediately dry & cakey, then about 30 minutes later, it looks good (for about 10 minutes) then on to oily looking & cakey. Ugh! Edit 10/23. Tried this again with my 187 & a lighter hand, different moisturizer etc & it looked great all day. I'm going to keep playing with this, since the color is perfect for me & didn't turn. Her in FL, it's hot & humid outside but cold & dry in the air conditioning, so I need something that works on my face in both situations!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2007 6:10:00 AM More reviews by decemberstarlight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder does not work for me. Color is nice and coverage is moderate, for the first hour. Then it all goes downhill. It oxidizes and turns orange, then my face becomes extremely oily, even on my cheeks, and all flaws become visible. Not acceptable. This powder just isn't suitable for my skin. I could not get it to work for me. Maybe I needed a primer or something like select cover-up underneath. Still, I most likely will not be repurchasing this. I've found nicer powders since.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by ifoundlove

I have never used foundation EVER. So this one is my first. It matches my skin tone perfectly. But along with a few of the other reviews, I must agree, the product is a little dry...I'm not too fond with what the best face primer would be...By mid day, my face looks a little oily, but if I use my medium blot powder its perfectly fine. I love it. it's seriously a flawless finish & no one can ever tell I'm wearing a foundation. I'm so glad it doesn't look caked on my face! I'd recommend it to anyone, but to try it out in the store first to make sure you like it. I personally don't use the little fluff applicator that is included underneath the powder, I use a face brush ( recommended by an MA) & it looks much more natural. Love it.!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

so far i really like this product!!! i've been using it to cover my acne-prone skin and it really leaves a flawless finish. the only drawback would be that at first my skin looks very dry but as the day goes on my natural oils come through and the makeup looks much better. i love how i can take it with me and use it throught out the day to touch up.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by vanillah

Wouldn't buy this again.

1) It looks so ridiculously dry.
2) It seems the less you put on, the more cakey it is. Figure that one out.
3) The price of it is ridiculous for the quality you get.

Don't consider buying this product if you don't like to waste money on things you're gonna kick yourself in the butt for later.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2007 3:11:00 PM More reviews by ChineseCricket88

soooo nice. when i tried it out at the counter, it kinda caked around my dry areas after a couple hours. but the sales put it on over the makeup i already had, and she put a pretty decent amount. if you use a fluffy brush and not as much, it comes out very well. i'll definitely buy this again.

don't get mac brushes though. i mean, yeah, they're really good and they last forever, but each of them is at least $30, so it's not really worth it. you might as well stick with sephora brushes.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2007 2:11:00 AM More reviews by Tamara45

This is the first foundation I tried from MAC. The MAC consultant immediately recommended this to me when I told her that I have oily skin. I found it to be 'chalky' and it would noticeably (at least to me) cling to the tiny little hairs on the face (I'm not saying I have a beard, I just mean the regular 'facial' hair that is only seen with a magnifying glass). It didn't have the greatest staying power and although it was convenient (since you just apply it with the powder puff in the case) it did not impress me very much.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/5/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by nfreiheit

I second the post below. It *looks* dry.
My other, bigger beef: I can't wear it under my eyes. A half-hour later, it'll have made my minor under-eye lines so pronounced, I look 30 years older and really really tired.
Good coverage for my acne-spotted chin though!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2007 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Silverchair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall i do not like this product. In the summer it was ok but now that the weather is cooler and my skin is drier this looks terrible on me. It leaves my skin dry and I look terrible. I would not buy this again--well i got it from my mother and she loves it but this is not for me