April 19, 2014 | 840 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 10:37:00 AM More reviews by JESSICA85

I dont even know where to start. The color i have is NC40 this is the second time i try this foundation. The first time the SA said that this formula was switched and that NW was for Yellow undertones and NC was for Pink undertones. It really didnt make sense. But he tried NW35 needless to say it was waaayy!!!!! too orange and i looked time a pumpkin. Since the color was off i decided to give up on the formulation and look else where. I decided to stop by mac Again and try face and body, but the SA asked if i had tried Studio fix i explained the situation and she tried NC40 on which is my color in the powder and it was perfect not too orange beacause it was too dark or ashy because it was too light my skin looked airbrushed! At $24.00 it really cant be beat. The optional pump is only $3.00 i love pumps so i picked one up. Make sure this is removed with a good make up remover or cleanser. I havent had any problems with breakouts but this foundations staying power is pretty good I had it on yesterdat for apprx 8 hours and after using just my reg cleanser i still had some on when i went over with my toner. After wearing makeup for 8 hrs i dont usually use a makeup remover for most if not all of my foundation is gone and my regular cleanser does the trick. I also picked up the cleanse off oil just to remove my makeup = ). Give this one a try im sernsitive with super reactive skin. I havent gotten a rash or a breakout and it covers my acne scars well! = )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2006 10:35:00 AM More reviews by JESSICA85

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2006 11:11:00 AM More reviews by jennystalin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great forumla. Not as thick as you would think, and great coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2006 1:55:00 PM More reviews by seuseu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very oily, this made me oiler. Seems like it stayed on top of my skin. After 2 hours it started to glide off of my skin. Happened to my co worker too. Will stick to Iman or Studio Tech...
UPDATE: I was at the MAC store last week visiting my friends(used to work for MAC), and my friend told me that this had been reformulated. I tried it on, by the time I drove home 3hours later, I had 5 huge painful zits appeared out of nowhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2006 3:30:00 PM More reviews by annemosca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just found this foundation at the MAC counter this past week, and I've been pretty happy with it. The color is a bit yellow for me (NW15) but I do think it covers well and that the yellow counteracts a lot of the redness in my skin (I'm Irish). It blends well, does NOT look cakey (like the Clinique Repairwear that I was wearing before this week). I have a lot to cover on my face (MAJOR discoloration) and this stuff really does the trick. My skin looks completely flawless after using this and a bit of MAC Studio Fix powder (I apply with a brush). I wish it was a bit more glow-ey, but you can't have everything. For now, this is my HG, but I am forever on the hunt for the next best thing.

Oh, I also bought the MAC StudioFix compact creme makeup for touch-ups during the day, but for the most part I have not needed to touch up! Horray! When the westher turns hot again we'll see.....my makeup does tend to sweat off in July. Ugh!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2006 7:04:00 AM More reviews by puglover86

Wow!! This foundation is amazing. The coverage is perfect because it can be sheer or provide really good coverage if applied with a brush. This foundation stays fresh for a really long time and really evens out skin tone. There is a huge range of shades, and it leaves skin moisturized, yet not greasy. Unlike a lot of foundations, it doesn't cake up or dry skin out. Also, it provides a matte, yet natural finish. With this foundation I don't have to wear powder and it looks like I'm not even wearing foundation. I would recommend applying this with a brush since it really gives a natural and flawless appearance. The best foundation ever!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2006 1:27:00 AM More reviews by squeakers

This is my favorite MAC liquid foundation so far (I've tried Face & Body, Hyper Real, Select SPF 15, and Select Tint.) I use one pump applied with the 187 brush and it covers wonderfully and lasts all day. The color does run dark and yellow, I use NW15. Hopefully they will reformulate the shades at some point. I will repurchase this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2006 9:36:00 PM More reviews by minnieme301

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was great for my combo, acne-prone skin. It doesn't look dewey and wet, nor does it look too matte and flakey. Offers great coverage; I didn't even have to use any concelaer after applying this, which is impressive considering I have a dark scar on my nose. Once I put it on in the morning, I stays put and I don't have to worry about it at all until I wash it off at night, unlike the Clinique stay-matte powder I used to use. The application is pretty easy too, though it would be more convenient to have a pump on the bottle and I didn't have to apply it with a sponge, but I'm used to being the easy, portable efficiency of powder foundations. Even so, I haven't really had any problems, though this is my forst liquid foundation. You just ave to spread it quickly, or else it will dry and become difficult. The only thing is that the colour is the slightest bit too red for my face (I got NW 43), however, I've never gotten anything that matches perfeectly, or better than this for that matter, so I think I'll keep it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by platinumrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using Prescriptives Custom Blend for 20 years (I am a hard color match) I went into MAC with my daughter and love this foundation. Not only is the color perfect but the coverage is perfect. Thank you MAC for saving me money!!!! With this product I am now saving so much money not having to be custom blended.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by pkbamara

I start using it after i returned the other studio fix foundation from MAC the one which comes n a tube because i got some serious acne from it.
This one doesn't give me really good looking skin as the other one did but at least not the same acne also.
i wear this foundation only once in a while and i always noticed few pimple after this which not as bad as 3,4 months of acne which i received from the other one.
i mix it with clinique's DDML before applying it on my skin and because i that i got very easy application. Some times i look flaky but usually i am fine with this product.
Itís not world's best foundation but since it match with my skin well i think i will buy it again but not because of the quality because of the match.