Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 7/12/2006 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love the minty feel and the smell of this balm, but it just doesn't do a very good job of keeping my lips soft. This feels great when I put it on, but I keep having to reapply it every hour or two because my lips start flaking/drying out more than before. I like the way it feels anyway so that's not too big of a problem, but for softening purposes I'd go with something else.

Another thing -- it gets kind of annoying trying to get this out of the tin if you don't warm it up first, even if it's just been in your bag in an air-conditioned room.

I bought the lip balm in the tin. The formula is light and my lips would crack if I used this in winter. But that's not the worst thing about this product. As my finger touched the bottom of the tin after about a month and a half's use, I saw something that was reddish brown. I didn't worry too much about it, but as my finger picked up more of the balm I could see that there was more of that reddish brown thing. There's no doubt in my mind that it was rust. I emailed Burt's Bees about it, and the person from BB told me that what happened wasn't normal. However, I won't be purchasing this lip balm in the tin again. Not even the stick form.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a mintoholic, so this lipbalm is amust. heals very well and i like the cool tingly feeling one recieves after applying this product.

Love this stuff. It's especially great if you don't want anything too thick on your lips. Plus, the minty smell is always refreshing. However, I still prefer Lizard Lips lip balm.

on 7/9/2006 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the Beeswax Lip Balm when I thought I lost the lip balm I am using right now that is from Japan called "Lip Baby" and compared to the really, really smooth and easy to apply Lip Baby, this lip balm feels so hard and waxy and hard to put on. However, compared to all the other American brand lip balm/chapstick, Burts Bees is a lot better.

on 7/8/2006 9:58:00 PM

I bought this product because I had read great reviews about it in the teen magazines. I went to the drug mart and bought myself a tin; I think the tin is actually really cute :) When I put it on it tingled a bit and overall it was a nice feeling. I loved the smell.

on 7/8/2006 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This just didn't moisturise at all! My lips were chapped and peeling all the time. Carmex is still the best!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this product. But I wear lip balm everday even if my lips are not chapped. So when I applied the lip balm I was very happy. I loved the smell and the tingle feeling it had. But after half the day went by [the stuff stays of for a long time] my lips were peeling and were VERY chapped. Even when my lips weren't chapped in the begginging. I will repurchase. But only for use in the winter.

Oh, I love this. Smells great and feels great on your lips! Slightly tingly when you put it on, really moisturising and you don't need to keep reapplying every few hours like other lip balms. This is my favourite lip balm that I've tried and believe me I've tried a few! Works best if you warm it in your pocket a little before you apply it.

on 7/2/2006 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I tried this and loved it, but noticed I had to reapply constantly. My derma said it's because the menthol or whatever is in this actually dries your lips out more. He said to avoid lip balms w/ menthol and just use something simple like vaseline (which comes in a small tube for lips). I have dry skin to begin with so I now avoid this.

Top Rated Lip Treatments