Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 8/5/2004 12:07:00 AM

This cleanser does nothing for my combination skin. It makes my skin feel filmy and it smells like tree bark.

on 8/4/2004 11:52:00 AM

This is the first cleanser ever that I actually repurchased it several times. Takes my makeup off great. Love skipping the tone step.

on 7/22/2004 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings for this product and don't think I would buy it again. Pros: It cleans my face pretty well; doesn't cause breakouts; did okay on my sensitive skin. Cons: My face felt very tight and dry after I used this; it didn't always remove all my mascara.

on 7/21/2004 1:44:00 AM

I got a sample of this in the mail. You call this a cleanser?! It didn't even foam! And what is up with the smell?!

on 7/19/2004 2:20:00 AM

Nice liquid cleanser that foams nicely. Lemony in color and smells different but pleasant. Unfortunately, it was much too harsh for my dry skin. Left it tight and flakey.

on 7/19/2004 1:04:00 AM

I've been using this product for many months and have repurchased it several times. I have oily skin and am prone to break outs. I find this product does an incredible job of cleansing my skin. It removes my makeup like nobody's business. Afterwards my skin feels soft and supple and looks amazing. I love this stuff! When I need a bit more exfoliation I'll mix a drop of Purity with a gentle exfoliator and use it like that. You just can't beat Philosophy for makeup removal. Update : I recently did a total overhaul of my skincare and make up regimen. After doing much research on the ingredients found in many cleansers I decided to forego Purity for a gentler cleanser. My skin has responded incredibly. I have better skin now w/ fewer breakouts than I ever had using Purity. I think some of the ingredients, plus the fragrance, were just too strong for my skin and helped promote the breakouts I always seemed to have. I've been using Paula's Choice Skin Balancing cleanser for the past 6-8 weeks and am getting great results.

on 7/17/2004 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a product sample from Sephora (ya gotta love it! I time my purchases to get product samples I am interested in). I am a pretty big fan of Philosophy... their products are nice quality, and are well thought out. This cleanser was nice, but I thought 'this is Cetaphil, but pricier'. Honestly, it did have a nice scent (Cetaphil has none), but I get a giant jar of Cetaphil for about 4 bucks, and this cleanser seems exactly the same for a lot more. Save your $, and buy the Cetaphil.

on 7/16/2004 11:44:00 PM

Great cleanser, removes all makeup, dirt, and oil in one step just like it says. Even stubborn mascara and eyeliner are rinsed clean. Wish it came with a pump, but I guess Nordstroms sells a large one with a pump at certain times of the year.
If you like foamy cleansers, this does NOT foam up. But it still is very effective. I got this as part of the Philosophy CLEAR KIT

on 7/16/2004 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Philosophy products are great, so I wasn't surprised at how great Purity Made Simple truly is. I have dry skin, and my face feels so clean without a super-dry feeling. I like that there aren't any added fragrances too. It removes even the toughest waterproof makeup I own.
I recommend this for anyone who wants to have truly clean skin.

on 7/16/2004 3:52:00 AM

I was about to rate this product, but then I read started reading the reviews. At first I was going to say that it was alright, but nothing special. But then I read the reviews and agreed that it does take off makeup and it leaves my skin feeling clean. Not only that, but it doesn't dry it out. It does what it's supposed to right?!?! It's a good product, but I'm still going to shop around for something better.