November 24, 2014 | 1933 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think philosophy products are highly overrated. I don't feel that this cleanser is doing anything that any drugstore cleanser can do--on first few usage, there was a kinda tingly feeling (the kind you get from noxzema) and then the third day, the tingly turned to stingy sensation and redness...most odd, must be allergic to some of its myriad of ingredients..nothing very "pure" about this cleanser...don't care for the smell, the greasy slimy texture--i recommend a sample!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I dont see whats so great about this cleanser- it didnt remove all my makeup but I felt dry and stripped afterwards anyway! Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this for about a month now and I've been pleasantly surprised by how well my very sensitive skin has responded to it. My holy grail cleanser is Noxzema - I can fully attribute my relatively breakout-free complexion to it. But every now and then I have the urge to try something new and different, which is really a risk with skin like mine. Anyway, this stuff is pretty good for something that doesn't look like a cleanser! It's thin, liquidy, non-foaming and has an herbal smell (which at first made me so uncomfortable because I was just so sure I would break out). But surprisingly, my skin held up and it held up well. It's become noticeably smoother, softer and more baby-like, for lack of a better term. I think I could get accustomed to using this all the time, although I don't think I will give up my Noxzema, which has been a staple since I was in junior high school. This is more like my second choice cleanser, and one I am really pleased with.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2004 6:53:00 PM More reviews by desida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this so much. In fact, I was wanting to try it so badly that, when all of my swap requests for it were rejected, I actually went out and paid full price for a bottle. I never pay $20 for any cosmetic product unless I'm certain I'll love it, and, going by the reviews here, I was sure I would. Alas! Every time I washed with it, my face felt so tight that I could feel my cheeks moving every time I raised my eyebrows. Plus, it didn't even take off the very light amount of makeup I usually wear to work. Ugh. Back to Nordstroms it went. I did like the lightly creamy consistency, which is why it got a 2 instead of a 1. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2004 2:00:00 PM More reviews by joanne21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good, solid cleanser. Does it have a slighly funky smell? Yes, it does; but remember, its only on your face for a minute, and the scent washes right off and does not linger. Does it remove your makeup? Yes! All but the most stubborn eyeliner for me, wich is a big plus. It leaves my skin feeling very soft and clean, but not dry or stripped. This is definitely a gentle cleanser, but with the ability to power off makeup and grime. A little goes a long way, I use about a nickel sized amount morning and night, so an 8oz bottle lasts a long time. The packaging is simple but efficient. Pros: price point, ability to cleanse without stripping, packaging. Cons: the smell, and the fact that this is just not the most *exciting* cleanser out there. Bottom Line: a good solid cleanser for normal skin like mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2004 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Kristie999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wish it had a better smell. Wish it foamed or something instead of the slimy texture. Even with thos gripes, I do like this. It cleans as it's supposed to. No overdrying. I will most likely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2004 11:26:00 PM More reviews by acongojada

This stuff is great. No it doesn't smell good. It's pretty thin and doesn't get foamy either. but you put this stuff on your face, and you barely have to rub or scrub, and it takes all traces of dirt and makeup off quickly! It is just great stuff. You only have to use a little. It seems expensive to me, but it probably is just as economical as any cheaper brand because you only have to use such a small amount. It has never irritated my skin, and never felt like it dried my skin out either. I really do like this one!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2004 4:49:00 PM More reviews by lahgreen2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Whatever. That was my reaction to this cleanser. Wasn't bad, wasn't good. I didn't feel like my face was clean, it didn't smell good, but I didn't break out either. Wouldn't buy it again but would use it if someone gave it to me for free.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2004 9:55:00 AM More reviews by wegas23

I love the fact that you don't need a separate eye makeup remover with this cleanser. It cleanses well without drying out your skin or leaving a film on your face. I don't really notice a smell with this product which is another plus in my book. I think I am on my way to becoming a Philosophy girl!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2004 4:07:00 PM More reviews by jodessa

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was really disappointed in this product. I bought this as well as the Hope in Jar and Vitamin C. The combination caused breakouts something I never get. I don't feel as though the cleanser really cleaned my face. It obviously works for some so I recommend that you sample before you buy.