October 31, 2014 | 1351 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2004 3:49:00 PM More reviews by beauty_junky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried MANY cleansers. I have poors that seem to look filled and dirty quickly. Glycolic cleansers I always had to stick to. I tried this purity now for over a week and my poors look CLEAN! I am so happy to have found this product. I will never be iwthout it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2004 5:37:00 AM More reviews by bablondie25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite cleanser ever. It takes off makeup like nobody's business even eye makeup. It cleans deep down, it is expensive,and a really clean face is good for skincare. It works better than acne cleansers. It's awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2004 11:41:00 AM More reviews by rainy_days

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my favorite cleansers. I use it in the shower and it does what it's supposed to do. It cleans my skin without drying it out and it also does a good job of removing makeup. The scent is a bit odd but not offensive. I've gotten used to it and the effectiveness of the product outweighs any negatives for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2004 11:07:00 AM More reviews by angelf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so excited to begin using this product because I love Hope in a Jar, but this crap made me break out with tiny, red, itchy bumps. I looked like I played in Poison Ivy. And a Philosophy SA recommended this for my sensitive skin! So, not only am I out for $50, because I bought other stuff I'm now afraid to use, I can't leave my house for a few days because I look scary. Just ask my kids!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2004 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Agusia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't say enough about this cleanser. For years I have been buying cleansers designed for oily skin not realizing just how harsh they were. My skin was producing more oil just to compensate for the stripping during cleansing. After three bottles of Purity, I don't think I'll ever go back to another cleanser. It takes off all makeup (I tested with toner to make sure there were no traces of makeup left) and leaves skin so soft without feeling stripped. It is pricey at $20 for 8 oz. but Sephora just got a new kit with Purity and Hope in a Jar for $24! That's a great deal if you use Hope in a Jar (which I do and love).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2004 4:19:00 PM More reviews by DeedeeL

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Is there really a difference between cheap drugstore cleansers and say, more expensive, mid-range cleansers like Philosophy's Purity? In a word: YES. This stuff rocks. It takes off all my m/u (even that heavy duty Illuminare spackle I've been wearing), including eye m/u in one fell swoop. It doesn't really foam which was a hard selling point for me, but I took a leap and I'm never looking back. I haven't used a cleanser I've loved this much since I was in that Sage cult a few years ago. I frankly like the smell- sorta mineral spirits/wood oil smell, and my skin is behaving soo nicely lately, and it's because of this. Screw you Oil of Olay cleansing cloths. PS you will be surprised how economical this cleanser is- I've used maybe 1/10th of my 8 oz. container ($20) in a month. Plus, less co-pays to the derm! All around savings!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2004 2:11:00 AM More reviews by darkmuffet

I have combination skin and am prone to breakouts on my chin area with drier patches on my cheeks in cold weather. I was not impressed with this cleanser. I had heard a lot of hype about it and thought I would try it. I thought that it was very pricey and did not do any more for my skin than regular drugstore type cleansers. It left my skin feeling tight and I had more breakouts than usual.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2004 12:18:00 AM More reviews by NoraL

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my holy grail AM cleanser -- perfect for the morning, when you don't need to remove makeup but still want a fresh, clean canvas to start the day. I throw a little on a Wonder Cloth every day in the shower, and love the way my skin feels afterward. Clean, but not tight. Soft, but not oily. Good stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2004 7:48:00 PM More reviews by scarlet773

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about 5 months now. A little goes a long way. I've never been one to buy expensive cleansers but I had a gift certificate so what the heck. I'm happy I got this. This takes away all my makeup and leaves my skin nice and soft. Contrary to other reviewers I like the way this smells. It smells very clean and a little like eucalyptus. Definate repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2004 11:03:00 AM More reviews by alexmain

I didn't like the smell of this stuff at all, and it was very difficult to lather. It felt more like a very thin lotion than a cleanser, and it didn't lather that much more than a lotion! I received this as a gift along with other philosophy products, and I would not purchase this. It is also very expensive. It did make my face feel nice, but it's no different than an ordinary cleanser.