MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 2/12/2008 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Nice idea of a compact foundation, but this stuff is awful for oily skin. It streaks and gets cakey where I would just normally have break-through shine.

on 2/11/2008 7:32:00 PM

I LUV IT!!!!!!!!! BEST POWDER EVER!THIS IS THE ONLY ONE I BUY!

on 2/11/2008 3:14:00 PM

I LOVE my StudioFix powder! It provides great coverage, doesn't break my skin out and is super soft. I was hesitant to try it based on some of the reviews but I'm glad I did! When I use it with the Prep+Prime SPF 50, my makeup stays put and I don't ever need a blotting sheet during the day.

on 2/11/2008 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

i dont use this as a standalone foundation i use it over a liquid one for full coverage on my very oily skin
its a great powder to set the foundation and keep it matte especially in hot days
the color range is great too so i would definately buy again

Ps. if you have really dry skin moisturize well before using this powder foundation

on 2/9/2008 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Why else would this foundation be the most reviewed product on this site if there wasn't something *great* about it? Studio Fix is awesome, can't beat the color match, coverage, texture, packaging, and price. I love Studio Fix so much, I have yet to find a good shade match in other mu brands. I have acne prone combination skin that tends to get very oily, I don't have any problems with breakouts from SF. Studio Fix works best if you take care of your skin first, make sure to exfoliate, moisturize, and use primer so that this foundation goes on smoothly and not caked on looking or patchy. I use Studio Fix fluid also, which is not as great as Studio Fix powder

**edit** although I do love Studio Fix's classic black round packaging with the bottom compartment for the sponge, it's not very durable--one drop on a hard floor will cause it to break and shatter. :-( be careful not to drop your Studio Fix compact!

on 2/8/2008 11:37:00 PM

I've been using the studio fix powder for about 7 years now.... sometimes for whatever reason, i start to think that there may be a better foundation product out there.. so i put away my studio fix and venture out to try something new.. i've done this AT LEAST 15 times, if not more, and every single time i end up coming back to my fabulous studio fix! it really is my favorite foundation product.. partly because it is really simple and fast to use, and it gives me a flawless looking face!!! i have combo skin, mostly get oily in my t-zone... and i do get a tad shiny in the middle of the day with this, but it's easily taken care of by blotting. some people have complained that it changes color on the face after awhile, but i haven't noticed this over the years of using it... i am currently an N5 in this, but that changes depending on if i am tanning or not. oh yeah and also, i don't apply using the sponge that is included in the packaging, i feel it gets too cakey with this. instead i use the kabooki (sp?) brush from BE and it works like a charm... this isn't a perfect product, as i do get some shine from it, but in my book it is the closest thing to perfection in the foundation world!

on 2/7/2008 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using this product for at least a year. I am NW15. I had first used NC15 but found that it oxidized to a darker color. NW15 seemed to work better for me in that aspect for some reason.

The finish and coverage are great. I looked natural and never felt the need to touch up during the day. I could put it on in the morning and then just leave it at home! It feels good to be able to do that.

But alas, I recently realized that this product has been giving me blackheads, so I have discontinued use. I'm trying out Everyday Minerals right now and so far I really like it, but I'm going to wait and make sure it is indeed my new HG makeup.

i hv m.a.c studio fix compact in nc30. it provides more light coverage and natural finish compare to m.a.c studio fix fluid. if u need coverage or if u want to conceal any blemishes, this powder is not for u (try m.a.c studio fix fluid). i nvr use the sponge and i hv use m.a.c 187 brush to apply it. this powder keep my face shine-free and oil-free for an hours. give it a try :)

on 2/5/2008 3:02:00 PM

Ok, this one works. Nothing special though! It doesn't last very long either, I think you should get more considering the amount you pay for it.

on 2/4/2008 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

it's ok but quite drying! if you have normal skin!
has really good buildable coverage! but hard to target particular spots without it being obviously thicker!!!
doesn't have great colours! and colour changes after a bit of wear because of oils on skin with powder.
I would buy it again because it is quite revolutionary and has good staying power!

do try if you are slightly oiler!
C4
(I'm mixed blk and wht- slightly paler than average- yellow undertone)