MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 2/7/2008 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been using this product for at least a year. I am NW15. I had first used NC15 but found that it oxidized to a darker color. NW15 seemed to work better for me in that aspect for some reason.

The finish and coverage are great. I looked natural and never felt the need to touch up during the day. I could put it on in the morning and then just leave it at home! It feels good to be able to do that.

But alas, I recently realized that this product has been giving me blackheads, so I have discontinued use. I'm trying out Everyday Minerals right now and so far I really like it, but I'm going to wait and make sure it is indeed my new HG makeup.

i hv m.a.c studio fix compact in nc30. it provides more light coverage and natural finish compare to m.a.c studio fix fluid. if u need coverage or if u want to conceal any blemishes, this powder is not for u (try m.a.c studio fix fluid). i nvr use the sponge and i hv use m.a.c 187 brush to apply it. this powder keep my face shine-free and oil-free for an hours. give it a try :)

on 2/5/2008 3:02:00 PM

Ok, this one works. Nothing special though! It doesn't last very long either, I think you should get more considering the amount you pay for it.

on 2/4/2008 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

it's ok but quite drying! if you have normal skin!
has really good buildable coverage! but hard to target particular spots without it being obviously thicker!!!
doesn't have great colours! and colour changes after a bit of wear because of oils on skin with powder.
I would buy it again because it is quite revolutionary and has good staying power!

do try if you are slightly oiler!
C4
(I'm mixed blk and wht- slightly paler than average- yellow undertone)

This was one of my first MAC purchases, and I'm not sad to see a large amount of pan in the bottom of my compact. I was matched to NW15, which is a fine color for me, it's usually hard for me to get a color that is light enough yet isn't too pink or too yellow. NW15 is great in this capacity. However, the texture it leaves on my skin leaves a lot to be desired. I usually don't like the muss and fuss of liquid, but Studio Fix likes to leave a cakey film on my face (I can easily see it sitting on the top of my skin, making my pores look huge and my face powdery) and doesn't like to blend once it's on. Yes, I've tried using Fix+ over it, as well as using a primer underneath. This stuff just isn't malleable enough for me to find it useful. I don't like that no matter how little I use (and I do use a brush, not a sponge), it leaves that film. I can't really describe it, but trust me, it looks positively awful. I'll use up the rest of mine using my 187 to lightly dust my t-zone, but after that, Back to MAC it goes.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

A lovely product. The powder is very fine, quite matte and provides excellent coverage without appearing caked on. It gives my skin a wonderful smoothness, fills in pores and doesn't appear to accentuate lines. I apply this on top of a primer and feel like I have a lot of control over how much coverage I am after. My skin tone is medium and I've found NC30 is a perfect match for me (when I don't have a tan - NC40 for when I do). Big fan. I have all but forgotten my Chanel Vitalumiere compact which Studio Fix has happily replaced. I finish it off with Fix+ spray for a soft, dewy look.

on 2/3/2008 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this in NC30 a couple years ago and didn't think of reviewing this product until now. I review products in spurts in case you haven't noticed.

My skin is combo, sensitive and very acne-proned. This product matches my skin color perfectly and even though I use it on a daily basis, I have yet to hit pan. I apply this product with the MAC kabuki brush or with a flocked sponge application depending on the finish I'm looking for.

I dont know if the price has increased on this product, but I remember when I bought it, it was very reasonably priced and since I still have so much of this product left, I would say it's worth it. I'm not sure if I will be repurchasing when I run out because I dont know if I still have a use for this product since finding my (maybe HG) full coverage foundation and concealor (MUFE face and body foundation and full coverage concealor). Although I do always carry this product around with me for touch ups. This product has the ability to take away the oilies and cover up any blemishes that may come up during the day. Very handy when I'm heading out to happy hour or dinner right after work.

on 2/3/2008 1:38:00 AM

I had never broke out before...until I started wearing this product. Buyer beware, it may cause acne break outs. But, for those that do not have sensitive skin, this makes the skin look flawless. That is what made me buy the MAC powder in the first place. Or, it could be that those that use the product already have flawless skin???

on 1/31/2008 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

HMmm... I like this product and since I don't wear make-up that often I don't break out from it. I would probably buy it again just b/c it's the first powder that actually matched my skin.

on 1/30/2008 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great coverage with this product!!