April 16, 2014 | 969 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 7:11:00 PM More reviews by nellamc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. I have extremly dry skin and this is one of the few powders that I can use - although I have to use liquid foundation in the winter 1/2 of the time if my skin is flaking. I love the full coverage - it takes out all of the redness. I also like the convenience of only having to use one product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Surreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Too 'fake' and plastic-looking for me. It's also too thick for my liking - it's VERY obvious I have make up on when I use Studio Fix. Coverage is not bad, but I don't like looking like I have caked layers of powder on.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2007 9:26:00 AM More reviews by pancakegood

This stuff turned orange on me and made my face itch and break out! Booooo! And the SA was a snob. I'd rather pay 1/3 of the price and just buy my CG powder from Walgreen's without the attitude.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by marabou

As many of you can see I have oily/acne prone skin (mostly during my time of the month) and all i have to say is that I LOVE this product. The MANY of you who are getting BREAKOUTS from using this product probably arent changing your sponge or washing your brushes.

1)Your facial oils and bacteria are absorbed in the sponge and you are constantly reapplying that same nastiness on your face. Luckily you can gently wash and reuse mac sponges. By doing that im sure you will less likely get a breakout.

2) for those with DRY skin: try using a light moisturizer before applying studio fix
3) for those with OILY sking: USE A KABUKI BRUSH (and just tap and go lol)so you dont get oil slicks around your face.
4) If you are ACNE PRONE: STOP picking your pimples!! Get on a healthy skin regiment and try using a concealer or even a light foundation.

I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH MY SF LOOKING DARKER IN SOME AREAS SO AGAIN TRY USING A KABUKI BRUSH IT IS AMAZING AND THIS PRODUCT HAS AMAZING COVERAGE. AND YOU CAN ALWAYS RETURN YOUR FIX AND GET A NEW ONE (WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME) IF YOU GO BACK TO THE STORE. ENJOY!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2007 8:18:00 PM More reviews by ichiban1

I think this was really my first good foundation I've ever tried. I dont like liguid foundations because i have spots on my face that get flakey so the liquid foundation would just look HORRIBLE. But i wanted good coverage. Thats where this powder comes in- its a powder foundation. it covers so well, and i use the studio fix concealer underneath it and for the first time my skin looked flawless. I used this on the day of my prom, and looking back at all the pictures you would have never known that a little before prom my skin had broken out SO BAD, so this was a life saver. My color is NW 30-35.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2007 10:31:00 PM More reviews by QueenofKings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So... like so many other reviewers here I really wanted to like this powder/foundation but it just looked heavy and cakey on me. I also have a bone to pick with the SA's. For years I've used Select Tint in NC30 which was a great match to my skin. When I purchased Studio Fix (which was a feat in itself; you see at the first counter I went to, I was completly ignored) the next SA assured me that I'd be better with N5 with this product. Well, I bought and was somewhat satified with the match. But, this little baby did an about face on me and darkened after a couple of hours. I have normal skin (neither too oily or too dry) so I don't know why this happened. Since there are so many other options out there I won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was my first MAC foundation, it holds a special place in my heart since it was when I made a conscious choice to wear foundation.

I wanted to love it and I tried under primers and different moisturizers and it always ended up in hellish break outs.

If you don't have sensitive skin this is a quite good powder foundation, but if you have acne-prone and/or sensitive skin you're better off skipping this one. Also, on me it tends to oxidize and become darker/orangy.

Sadly, will not repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by gottaHAVEitALL

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've actually used this on and off for a while now, and as much as I love MAC products, this one is not for me. The coverage is amazing, conceals any imperfections you may have, but is so thick and cakey that it settles into my fine lines and makes me look way older than I am. The search for the ultimate HG powder foundation continues...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 12:26:00 PM More reviews by LKirsten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've become hooked on powder foundations but this sucked! Waay too dry & cakey on my combo skin. The color match was great & I thought that maybe it needed time to "mix" with my skin like BE does, but no, it stayed looking dry & cakey no matter what I did. And I tried it all! With primer, without primer, with Fix+/Charged Waters & without. Different brushes, different application techniques, more, less, etc. No good - immediately dry & cakey, then about 30 minutes later, it looks good (for about 10 minutes) then on to oily looking & cakey. Ugh! Edit 10/23. Tried this again with my 187 & a lighter hand, different moisturizer etc & it looked great all day. I'm going to keep playing with this, since the color is perfect for me & didn't turn. Her in FL, it's hot & humid outside but cold & dry in the air conditioning, so I need something that works on my face in both situations!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2007 6:10:00 AM More reviews by decemberstarlight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder does not work for me. Color is nice and coverage is moderate, for the first hour. Then it all goes downhill. It oxidizes and turns orange, then my face becomes extremely oily, even on my cheeks, and all flaws become visible. Not acceptable. This powder just isn't suitable for my skin. I could not get it to work for me. Maybe I needed a primer or something like select cover-up underneath. Still, I most likely will not be repurchasing this. I've found nicer powders since.