MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 2/22/2008 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

at first, this was the best foundation i had ever used. it matched my skin (or so i thought) and it was just great.

after a couple of months though, my skin started breaking out horribly. i went two days without this foundation and my skin was almost clear. when i used it for ONE day, my skin broke out near my chin. i finally realized the color was not my skin tone. it made my skin oily, and it would come off! i wouldn't recommend this.

on 2/21/2008 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

i liked how it covered my acne and acne scars but, after a couple of days of using this product it made my skin breakout. :(

on 2/21/2008 8:14:00 PM

A BiiG WOW ON THiiS PRODUCT!
iiM ONLY 14 AND WOW.
SOME PRESSED POWDER, THIS FOUNDATION
TRULY DOES IT!! BUT I SLIGHTLY BROKE OUT,
BUT I DONT THINK IT WAS THIS
PRODUCT, TOO MUCH CHOCOLATE.. =]
HEHEHEHEHE && DONT WORRY GIRLS.
I TAKE REAALY GOOD CARE OF MY SKIN.
WASH IT TWICE A DAY.. MORNING AND RIGHT
AFTER SCHOOL.. DONT WANT TO LOOK
LIKE THOSE ORANGE COUNTY HOUSE WIVES
WITH ORANGE SKIN HEHEHE.
NOO OFFENSE TO ANYONE.

on 2/19/2008 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this foundation it look natural if you use it with the 187 brush provides a flawless looking finish without looking fake or cake then i finish with mac blot pressed powder but over time my oily skin come up and one single touch can make the foundation come off your face but is still good

on 2/18/2008 11:47:00 PM

NW15, and it's the lightest color they have! It's perfect! As a pasty white girl, I have had trouble finding a good foundation that matches my skin tone, but MACs NW15 is perfect for me! Their liquid foundation is definitely the best I have ever tried, and is very versatile when it comes to application method and amount. I personally use a #187 brush for sheer coverage! It is awesome!

on 2/18/2008 9:11:00 AM

For some stupid reason, I have been intimidated by the MAC counter in the past. What a BIG mistake!!! I finally took a chance and went on a shopping spree at the MAC counter - and boy am I glad I did! I have been on the never ending eternal search for the perfect foundation for YEARS. I have tried tons of high end and drugstore foundations to no avail... I have now found my HG foundation!!! The MUA matched my skin to NC35 - a perfect match (although I'm sure I will need to adjust in the summer.) Although the MUA made my skin look flawless, but the true test would be when I got the product home and applied myself. When the MUA told me that I didn't need concealer, I could just build the coverage where needed, I was very doubtful that would work for me. Well, I was wrong! Studio Fix hid my dark circles, veins and blemishes to perfection - no concealer needed. There was no caking, no settling into fine lines, no mask look... just FLAWLESS, perfect skin that looked like I was airbrushed and wasn't wearing any makeup. I was stunned! My boyfriend even commented how amazing my skin looked. A little Blot Powder and Viola - a longwearing, beautiful finish. I should also mention that I started with Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Primer and applied with a foundation brush. I'm crossing my fingers that I do not experience the breakouts many reviewers here have mentioned. I will definitely update in a few weeks to let you know!

on 2/18/2008 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

I love this stuff!! It gives me a very nice Flawless matte look! I wear NC44 in this. It has great staying power and can stand up to my oilies. I really love how it makes me look like I was born flawless! Keep in mind, it does not look cakey, heavy, or "too much." It feels comfortable too. I prefer this over EL DW fdtn.

I wear a moisturizer and Mac Prep + Prime underneath. And I apply with a damp sponge. Lasts all day. Comes in a glass bottle with the matte, black screw top. I do wish that it came with a pump though. I love it anyway and I'll definitely repurchase again.

on 2/17/2008 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. This is the first liquid foundation I have ever owned and it amazes me everyday. The truth is that my skin does tend to show up oily after a few hours but that is nothing that can't be fixed quickly. I just absolutely love the coverage. A+++ product!

This foundation looked good when the MAC professinals applied it, but for some reason I could not acheive the same look. Also, after a while of wearing the makeup it seemed to sit on the skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I loveee SFF! For years i've used mineral foundations w/Studio fix powder,but never tried this foundation until recently.Im using NW20,which is almost a perfect match.I used it w/moisturizer + prep + prime skin,w/187 brush~it makes all the difference w/the brush.A little goes along way.Sometimes I use studio fix powder on top when I want more coverage.This makes me look flawless!