Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 6/28/2006 4:35:00 PM

I too bought this product because everyone raves about how great it is. And I too don't see what all the hype is about. It is a typical wax and petroleum-based lip balm that doesn't do much to actually heal the problem, but just soothe. The menthol feels great and is a good level of potency, but I found the product to feel very waxy on the lips, it gets weird with just a bit of heat (melts, gets greasy, separates, gets grainy), found it changed just by having it in my purse when at a baseball game on a hot day. I think there are products out there in the same price range that are more healing and ones at a cheaper price point that acheive the same results as this product.

on 6/28/2006 3:47:00 PM

As I've heard a lot of wonderful things about this lip balm, I was quite set on giving it a try on my most recent best-balm-for-me hunt. I picked up a tube from my local market and gave it a try.

The first thing that came to mind was the overly waxy feel of the balm spreading across my lips. I usually opt for slicker-type balms and that was my first disappointment.

Second disappointment was how dry my lips felt so soon after the application. I love mentholated products, but for some reason, this product really didn't work the way I hoped.

Third, there seemed to be something "grainy" in my balm which scratched my lip whenever I applied.

Sadly, this balm hit the bottom of my bag and probably isn't going to surface unless I'm out of my other stock.

on 6/28/2006 1:47:00 PM

Great lip balm. I keep a tube in my car, at work and in my purse at all time. I feel lost without it. Buy it!

I really like this. I had the tube but I lost it! And I also have the tin. I much prefer the tube because its just easier to apply. I like the tingling sensation (normally I don't). And its very moisturizing. Way better then the Honey version. I would repurchase this in the tube form.

love love love this product. there is simply nothing that is equal to this lip balm. it lasts a long time and is nice and tingly when applied, and i dont see how the scent could be offensive to anyone since its just a minty scent. it moisturizes better than anything else, and gets rid of dry chapped lips and definately prevents them. the tube is much more convienient for application so you dont have to put your fingers in the little tin. there is no other better lipbalm. and since its only about 2.5o to 3.oo theres nothing to lose

on 6/25/2006 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Simply the best lip balm I've ever used on my perpetually chapped lips. There's nothing else to add that hasn't already been said.

I really like this stuff! It leaves my lips moist and soft. I would not recommend it to people who are allergic to bees. Their lips would puff up.

on 6/21/2006 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

In my arsenal of various products, many come and go. The only one that has lasted the test of time has been my Burt's Bees Lip Balm. I am truly addicted to it and absolutely nothing even comes close. The minty sensation is so soothing to my lips and it keeps them so soft. Every time my boyfriend kisses me he asks me, "Did you just brush your teeth?" And I tell him, "No it's my Burt's Bees!" (However, I do brush my teeth!) The only time I don't wear it is when we are boating and I use a product with an SPF.

on 6/14/2006 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have so many scattered everywhere ... in the car, in hand bags, business bags, etc. I love the tingling sensation and it's just such a nice basic lip balm. It doesn't make my lips feel super soft but it works well to hold moisture.

on 6/14/2006 1:12:00 PM

I love Burt's Bees Lip Balm. I have been wearing it for about 10 years...wow. Its hard to believe its really been that long. I love the way it feels on my lips. I really like that its not flavored or heavily sented...the minty scent comes from the peppermint oil used in the product.

Its my favorite lip product.

Popular Lip Treatments