Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 8/11/2004 10:07:00 AM

This might be good if you had really oily skin.. but for my dry skin it was a disaster.. my skin went nuts and i got face-covering amounts of pimples.. returned to store.. pimples gone in a week.. the SA said it was for 'all types' but i'd say that wasnt true.. nice smell though, refreshing!

This is the best cleanser I have ever used. It keeps my skin clear and takes off every single bit of makeup, including waterproof mascara!

on 8/7/2004 8:26:00 AM

This is a good cleanser I usually use it morning and evenings. I had hoped it had more foam action but it did not. I use more to help with makeup removal, I got this from Nordstrom as the anniversay special 32oz which is excellent buy. I will repurchase next year if this is offered. As far as the cleansing it was not harsh just used one pump full and smooth all over but like I said if you are looking for lather and foam not here. The scent was ok nothing to harsh reminds me of some of your drug store cleansers and my skin feels smooth and clean I did not notice any residue or film of the product after use which is a plus, but a good product and I will rebuy.

on 8/5/2004 12:07:00 AM

This cleanser does nothing for my combination skin. It makes my skin feel filmy and it smells like tree bark.

on 8/4/2004 11:52:00 AM

This is the first cleanser ever that I actually repurchased it several times. Takes my makeup off great. Love skipping the tone step.

on 7/22/2004 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings for this product and don't think I would buy it again. Pros: It cleans my face pretty well; doesn't cause breakouts; did okay on my sensitive skin. Cons: My face felt very tight and dry after I used this; it didn't always remove all my mascara.

on 7/21/2004 1:44:00 AM

I got a sample of this in the mail. You call this a cleanser?! It didn't even foam! And what is up with the smell?!

on 7/19/2004 2:20:00 AM

Nice liquid cleanser that foams nicely. Lemony in color and smells different but pleasant. Unfortunately, it was much too harsh for my dry skin. Left it tight and flakey.

on 7/19/2004 1:04:00 AM

I've been using this product for many months and have repurchased it several times. I have oily skin and am prone to break outs. I find this product does an incredible job of cleansing my skin. It removes my makeup like nobody's business. Afterwards my skin feels soft and supple and looks amazing. I love this stuff! When I need a bit more exfoliation I'll mix a drop of Purity with a gentle exfoliator and use it like that. You just can't beat Philosophy for makeup removal. Update : I recently did a total overhaul of my skincare and make up regimen. After doing much research on the ingredients found in many cleansers I decided to forego Purity for a gentler cleanser. My skin has responded incredibly. I have better skin now w/ fewer breakouts than I ever had using Purity. I think some of the ingredients, plus the fragrance, were just too strong for my skin and helped promote the breakouts I always seemed to have. I've been using Paula's Choice Skin Balancing cleanser for the past 6-8 weeks and am getting great results.

on 7/17/2004 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got this as a product sample from Sephora (ya gotta love it! I time my purchases to get product samples I am interested in). I am a pretty big fan of Philosophy... their products are nice quality, and are well thought out. This cleanser was nice, but I thought 'this is Cetaphil, but pricier'. Honestly, it did have a nice scent (Cetaphil has none), but I get a giant jar of Cetaphil for about 4 bucks, and this cleanser seems exactly the same for a lot more. Save your $, and buy the Cetaphil.