Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

on 11/22/2004 11:49:00 PM

I got a 2 ounce of this a week ago from Sephora. I've been so impressed with it that I just ordered the big 16 ounce. Yes it's expensive, but it dissolves makeup very easily (no harsh scrubbing!) and doesnt give my skin that tight feeling that I hate. The smell is herbal, but it's natural. Nothing artificial. I actually like it.

My skin type is a combination. I break out seldomly but get oily in my T zone.

So far all of my Philosophy samples have left me very impressed and wanting to try everything in thier line.

on 11/21/2004 11:06:00 PM

I purchased Purity Made Simple as part of Philosophy's Jump Starters kit. I've been using the the products for about a month now, and have certainly noticed positive changes in my skin's clarity, texture, and overall appearance. I definitely enjoy using Purity Made Simple as part of the "program". It's a very gentle lotion-type cleanser, which doesn't irritate my skin at all. My skin is normal/combination and somewhat sensitive. It has no artificial frangrance, which may put some people off in this age of overly-perfumed products, but I actually find the smell of Purity Made Simple to be quite clean, natural, and pleasant. Most importantly, it does what it promises by removing any traces of dirt, makeup, and oil without the need for a toner or astringent after washing. Having said that, it may be a bit too gentle for very oily skin.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product works great, but its just not worth the price for me.
I have oily/combination skin, but I don't have many breakouts, so I can use whatever.
But if you're reading the reviews and you have similar skin, breakout cycles to some of the these review, I say go for it.
Personally I'm happy with my neutrogena deep clean cream cleanser

on 11/10/2004 6:34:00 AM

Would I buy it again? Maybe. It cleans very deep down, but it's a bit drying, very drying, smells funny at first (but you do get used to it easily), and it's expensive,,so in the meantime I've been looking for something else.

on 11/2/2004 12:18:00 AM

For $20, this didn't impress me. It wasn't horrible but def. not worth the price.

on 11/1/2004 2:21:00 PM

This is quite expensive for cleanser IMO but it is the only one that gets the job done for me.
I have oily/comb skin, acne prone so anything too harsh will aggravate my skin. This cleanser is gentle and infused with essential oils. It smells really good and the best part is it takes everything off my face at the end of the day.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this product since the spring of 1999 when I moved to Orlando and my skin was extremely broken out while I was getting used to the water here. Not only has it been a great cleanser, but it removes makeup amazingly and doesn't require that a toner be used afterwards. For me, this has been the all time best product, and I have tried so many I couldn't even begin to start.

on 10/23/2004 8:37:00 AM

The best overall cleanser I have ever used. I have used many many cleansers from drug store to doctor's office. This emulsifies makeup and leaves skin feeling squeaky clean but not overdried.

on 10/18/2004 6:09:00 AM

One of the best non-foaming cleansers I've ever used. It is great for people who find foaming cleansers too harsh but not into wipe-off cleansing milks either. It cleanses well and leaves the skin feeling smooth...great buy since a bottle lasts for ages!!

on 10/17/2004 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is NOT for us with truly oily skin. It did not lather at all which is fine if it would work, but it didn't take off anything the first time I "washed" my face with this. Everytime I used it I would have to apply it 3 times just to clean my face, and after that my face felt pretty good. But it's just not worth having to wash it 3 times!!!!! This stuff is terrible for oily skin even though the "purity" thing makes it sound like it would work. I will stick to my Shiseido Purness Cleansing Foam which is wonderful and you only need a tiny bit of cleanser to get everything off your face at the end of the day.