December 21, 2014 | 1917 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

for some reason, after only minutes, this liner loses it's lust. (five times fast?) it instantly washed off my water-line and smudges into my lower lash-line, which is normally a pretty look, but then it all washes down my lower lid and looks icky. so no, i will not be repurchasing this, as it blows as a liner. on the top, it's fine, though. makes a great smoky base for a darker shadow. it just doesn't stick. a beautiful, rich black, a soft application, and looks great for a few minutes and then nothing. would be an amazing liner if it would last.

another strike for cover girl. =]

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2008 11:42:00 AM More reviews by upthebracket47

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in "Charcoal". Black eyeliner is always too harsh for my light skin, but this shade is perfect and much more subtle. The formula is creamy and nice and it's self-sharpening, which is a must for me because I hate sharpening eyeliner. My only problem is that when I use it on my waterline it smudges like crazy!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by dinkydelirium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

(This review is for the Black Onyx one, though I'd be surprised if it didn't apply to all colors this product is available in.) It takes a hell of a lot for me to throw out any item of makeup - I keep EVERYTHING for some odd reason, whether it works as I'd like it to or not - but with this item, I pretty much had no choice. I consider myself to be damn good with an eyeliner pencil, but this stuff absolutely would not stay put. Not only did it smudge, it essentially *disappeared* into gigantic gray pools beneath my eyes that turned my relatively insignificant undereye circles into something like those of a heroin addict. Now I know I could use primer or do this or that to combat this problem, but honestly, if I can find dozens of other eyeliners that don't require my investing huge amounts of time and money to make them work, why should I bother with this one? Honestly, I'm very surprised to see the rating this gets - are my eyes especially smudge-prone? Doubtful.

Just thought I should share my experience before this "perfect" item goes in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by shannonmiller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have repurchased this eyeliner many many times. It's pretty much all I use. It goes on smooth and easily and rarely smudges. If it does smudge I just take it off with my finger without a problem. It lasts all day long as well. I use charcoal for my hazel eyes and it looks great. The packaging is great and I love the fact that I don't need a pencil sharpener. I rarely use the little sponge at the end, but it's nice to know it's there if I need it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by steenface

These are one of my holy grails! The smudger is perfect for softening the lines, the pencil is creamy and easy to apply, and it has never irritated my eyes when I use it on my waterline. It lasts all day too.

The only bad thing I can think of is that the automatic pencil tip is a little thick for certain looks so I fall back on my MAC fluidline for a thinner line.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by aggiexnessieee

I have the color called "black envy."
I must say it's one of the darkest, but you can still barely see it.
When you put it on, it really doesn't show up, it just sort of brings out your eyes.
Which is a good thing, but it only stays on for 5 minutes!
After you blink a couple of time, it's gone.
Oh, and if you try putting it on the bottom of your eye, it smudges a lot.
It's really hard to put it on.
I wouldn't buy it again. =/

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2008 10:07:00 PM More reviews by hether2783

I really like the PerfectPoint-- the little sponge on the end is perfect for smudging, and the pencil end is always exactly right. The eyeliner is soft, and goes on really nicely. It doesn't have a ton of staying power, but it's not terrible.
I bought the "charcoal" color, and I'll probably buy a darker one next time, as the charcoal isn't as dramatic as I like.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2008 4:05:00 PM More reviews by meropale

Smudges like CRAZYYYYY.
Enough said.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 2:04:00 PM More reviews by ktb8293

This is my HG liner... in Espresso with the smudging too end. I love this color. For an everyday look I like the nudes and nuetrals like most women. This makes a great bold line if you want and a nice soft like with a light touch and little smudging. I have never had a e/l running issue even with cheap brands like WnW so I cannot comment on that. Hope this helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by shayrah

This is the "go to" eyeliner for me. Even when using glitter eyeliners or funky colors, I put this underneath. The tip is always thin so I don't get a thick line across my top lashes. For my lower lashes, I just "connect the dots" with the roots of my lower lashes. It doesn't pull on my skin when I apply--a real bonus as I am starting to see more wrinkles. Stays on all day--not waterproof but the most resistent of all of my make up to remove.