Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Although after a few hours the product has run all over the place, it is easy to apply, soft, and looks nice. I tend to be heavy with my application, so by the end of the day, I don't mind having some of it end up in the crease of my eyelid. My only problem with it is that each pencil doesn't really last all that long. I use the expresso color and have been pleased with it so far. My sensitive eyes are fine with the product.

on 4/13/2008 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I loved how smooth this went on but after an hour using it, it already started to run. I tried using black eyeshadow as a liner over it and it did last longer but still ran. Now i only use it to line only the top of my eyes and it smudges well. Dont think i'll buy it again anytime soon because i dont use it that much.

on 4/12/2008 11:24:00 AM

Pros: I love that there is no sharpener involved with this eyeliner. I have this is in onyx, espresso, and charcoal, and I find that the colors are pretty rich.

Cons: No staying power. Even if I use UDPP, this eyeliner is gone in less than an hour. If I don't use a primer, it smudges like crazy before making its exit.

on 4/11/2008 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this eyeliner in 205 charcoal, the color that comes out is a dark grey, or can be described as a very soft black.
The eyeliner itself is not a bad product, its a twistable automatic pencil, so the application of the product is quite simple and easy. Unfortunately, this eyeliner does smudge. If you are like me, and want an eyeliner that will last through rain, sleet, hail and a tornado, this eyeliner will definately not do the job.
I tested this eyeliner by lining my eyes (top, bottom and on the bottom waterline - since thats where I usually put eyeliner on), and I splashed water onto my eyes, and patted my eyes dry with a tissue, and this eyeliner made me look like someone had punched me in both eyes. I'm Chinese, and I really don't need to have any more Asian pride in me by pretending to be China's favorite animal, a panda.
The smudger at the other end of the eyeliner is a great idea, unfortunately, instead of smudging, the smudger sponge (whatever you want to call it) ends up erasing the eyeliner, no matter how light I try to use it. I've actually also tried smudging this eyeliner with my finger, and it actually came right off, so I'm assuming that the eyeliner formula is quite light, and doesn't grip well at all.
I have oily lids (or so I think), so I would not recommend this eyeliner to people that want an eyeliner that will last them throughout the day. But, for those people that want to achieve a smokey eye look, I think they may find this to be a good eyeliner to smudge (just apply a lot) and to play around with.

on 3/26/2008 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use this eyeliner for my eyebrows. It's very easy to apply and 'Onyx' is the perfect black color. The only thing I don't like about this product is that it smudges easily.

on 3/25/2008 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

this product does not work for me at all, maybe it's cause my skin type is more on the oily side, but when u test it on your hand it's obvious that it's easy to smudge. i apply it on my bottom lash line, and blink a couple of times it smudges alrdy. it came with a mascara that i wanted so it was a deal. i do like the how dark it is, i have it in black onyx, i also am surprise how it got a few good reviews

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

for some reason, after only minutes, this liner loses it's lust. (five times fast?) it instantly washed off my water-line and smudges into my lower lash-line, which is normally a pretty look, but then it all washes down my lower lid and looks icky. so no, i will not be repurchasing this, as it blows as a liner. on the top, it's fine, though. makes a great smoky base for a darker shadow. it just doesn't stick. a beautiful, rich black, a soft application, and looks great for a few minutes and then nothing. would be an amazing liner if it would last.

another strike for cover girl. =]

I have this in "Charcoal". Black eyeliner is always too harsh for my light skin, but this shade is perfect and much more subtle. The formula is creamy and nice and it's self-sharpening, which is a must for me because I hate sharpening eyeliner. My only problem is that when I use it on my waterline it smudges like crazy!

on 2/25/2008 12:34:00 AM

(This review is for the Black Onyx one, though I'd be surprised if it didn't apply to all colors this product is available in.) It takes a hell of a lot for me to throw out any item of makeup - I keep EVERYTHING for some odd reason, whether it works as I'd like it to or not - but with this item, I pretty much had no choice. I consider myself to be damn good with an eyeliner pencil, but this stuff absolutely would not stay put. Not only did it smudge, it essentially *disappeared* into gigantic gray pools beneath my eyes that turned my relatively insignificant undereye circles into something like those of a heroin addict. Now I know I could use primer or do this or that to combat this problem, but honestly, if I can find dozens of other eyeliners that don't require my investing huge amounts of time and money to make them work, why should I bother with this one? Honestly, I'm very surprised to see the rating this gets - are my eyes especially smudge-prone? Doubtful.

Just thought I should share my experience before this "perfect" item goes in the trash.

I have repurchased this eyeliner many many times. It's pretty much all I use. It goes on smooth and easily and rarely smudges. If it does smudge I just take it off with my finger without a problem. It lasts all day long as well. I use charcoal for my hazel eyes and it looks great. The packaging is great and I love the fact that I don't need a pencil sharpener. I rarely use the little sponge at the end, but it's nice to know it's there if I need it.