October 23, 2014 | 1307 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by LivBrown

This is by far the best mineral foundation - or any foundation, for that matter - that I've ever used. I apply a sheer layer of the mineral primer on first, and then dust the foundation on top of that. It's really amazing how it quickly transforms my pale, sallow complexion into a naturally glowing and even one. I don't even need concealer; I just use a concealer brush, pick up some of the mineral foundation onto it, and apply it to blemishes or spots - it's almost magical how it covers them up effectively and leaves a natural finish. The foundation feels very nice on my skin - hardly noticeable at all throughout the day. I used to use Bare Minerals and continue to use their brushes for my application of the Laura Mercier mineral foundation, but I much prefer this foundation over the Bare Minerals one - this brand is much more finely milled, I think, and appears much more natural - not shiny and artificially glowing like other mineral foundations. I'm glad I made the switch! It's the best foundation I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

For reference, I am Asian NC20-25 and use this in soft porcelain. the match isn't excellent - soft porcelain is a bit too light for me, but the next shade up is too dark. This does oxidize a bit on me (as do all mmu I find), so the color evens out nicely later. I have used everyday minerals before and just hated it. it was a shiny oily no-coverage & pore-accentuated mess. LM is the direct opposite of all of the above. the coverage is buildable, as sheer or heavy as I like, and it won't look cakey. I have always preferred powder foundation over liquid, because as long as you choose the right brush, it does all the work for you. I pair my LM mmu with the ELF studio line powder brush, which is a dense flat top kabuki. and it's just a dream to apply this every morning.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by mamakaz12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have found this product to be one of the best mineral foundations. It glides on like butter! First i apply my Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, then the mineral powder with my MAC 109 brush, at first i went a little overboard with the product not realizing how little you only need, as i said, this stuff spreads like butter.. The only problem i'm having with it is getting it to stay in humidity, you will need to use a finishing veil with it.. Unlike most minerals i have tried, this one has no visible glitter/sparkle particles in it, just a nice semi iridescent glowy look, that i love!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Pancakeprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best mineral powder I've tried. I don't like wearing foundation because it always feels like a mask but this powder lets some of my freckles and skin tone shine through while covering my red areas.

I was using BM but the colors never looked right on me (too yellow) and the feel was dry and heavy looking on my skin. I use the LM mineral powder in "Tender Rose" and it's a perfect match for my pale skin. I like the coverage and I can adjust it depending on the brush I use.

The sifter is also a huge plus, it keeps the powder from flying everywhere so there is a lot less waste with this product. Yippeee for good package design!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by funkiemunkiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation! I was always turned off by mineral foundation, I just assumed it wouldn't be good for people with dry skin. I wasn't impressed with bare escentuals or everyday minerals because it made my skin feel really tight. I had bascially given up on mineral foundation until some of my favourite gurus on youtube (kokolaroo, RAEview, and fuzkittie) all raved about it. After much comptempation, I finally decided to try it out and I'm so happy I did! It looks so natural, doesn't cake, and doesn't excentuate dry patches or make my skin feel tight. It doesn't make my skin oily and lasts all day. The packaging is great because it doesn't get the foundaton everywhere. Another reason why I was always turned off by mineral foundation was the mess! But the closeable sifter ensures all the products stays inside the container!

I highly, highly, highly recommend everyone try this foundation out! I got Real Sand which is suitable for NC20 skin. I think it was about $40CAD at sephora.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Jarofmar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. I've used mineral foundation for years, but had issues with coverage and it lasting throughout the day. This foundation has great buildable coverage, and will last me all day. I've noticed it works best when used with a moisturizer underneath, especially when the skin is still a little wet from the moisturizer. Though the foundation is expensive, it lasts forever! I use it every day, and have had the same powder for around 8-9 months. I only need to apply it once a day, though I occasionally touch up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing BM for years. I've recently have been wanting a change and have tried just about every liquid foundation out there. Yuck. Then I read the reviews for this. I have only used it twice, but so far I really like it. Much less powdery than BM and more natural looking, while still covering about as well as BM does. Packaging is a sifter... way better than BM. A little bit of powder sneaks out, but not too bad.

**Been wearing this for a few days now and I love it!!! Color and coverage are way better than BM. I never thought I would find a MMU that I like better than BM, but this is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by MissJacqui85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the coverage, natural creamy and lumionous- but naughty LM for adding Bismuth- the second I find another brand that is without this nasty additive but with similar results to LM, I am changing over to that one.

I have oily skin- took a lot of trial and error to make it work so I was not shiny, but found winning combo for myself after trying different primers and processes.

Edit: Have since found a totally natural MMU with no Bismuth etc and have stopped using this. Realized LM was responsible for enlarged pores- the Bismuth perhaps? Still stand by the effect and coverage, it looks fabulous, but I had to find something Bismuth free. LM should find better substitute and stop cutting corners with a cheap and nasty ingredient.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by jolz22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really dont know why I keep trying to make mineral makeup work for me. Is it really that much better then liquid foundation?? I was using Napoleon Light Diffusing, i think that has been the best so far for my skin which is wildly unpredictable and have typical breakouts. But when all the hype of minerals came I tried Bare Esencuals. Utter Crap! Made me get all these blackheads and pustules under my skin mainly on my jawline, so now i'm struggling to get rid of them, i have tried EVERYTHING!!! So i thought i would try Laura Mercier, because she has gotten rad reviews, i think if you have amazing skin to begin with then it would be lovely. But no matter how much moisturizer and primer i put on mineral foundation still makes me look ghastly and dead! Not a fan, Seriously though, if anyone has a great liquid foundation recommendation for me im all ears, preferably one that doesnt give you pimples!! Also some amazing product that gets blackheads out! without having to squeeze them :(( I hate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by MichelleKennedy

This is a great foundation. Just make sure moisturiser is absorbed well, and I find a small amount of their powder primer minimizes pores. I couldn't find a perfect colour match so i combine true beige and natural sand in a container. This way I can darken colour in summer, lighten in winter. I usually use the finishing powder too. My skin looks fantastic, with a light sheen. I can't imagine using any other foundation now, I love this brand.