November 23, 2014 | 1851 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by 3buzyboyz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really, really wanted to like this product. I've used Bare Minerals for a few years and was just wanting to see if there was something on the market that better suited my skin. Unfortunately I couldn't make this product work for me. I tried it with primer (regular & mineral) and without, with tinted moisturizer and not . . . . but somehow it always seemed to just "sit" on my skin. I love, love, love the container this mineral powder comes in but unfortunately it wasn't enough for me to keep it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by sueg374

Bought this as my summer foundation. For ref., I have combination skin that is oiler in summer, wear BB Sand in the Skin Finish fndt, or NW20. I got loose Mineral Powder fndt. in Real Sand, color is a good match (at least at this point in the season). Coverage is on the lighter side, which is exactly what I was looking for, but I imagine it is buildable. The finish is very nice - a subtle natural glow - not totally matte, but not shiny (like with BE). It seems to have very good staying power. Would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by bittersweet_delite

Officially my HG foundation. I swore by the cover fx mineral foundation for years, but when it appeared that the formula had changed, i had decided to try out this one (its a little more expensive but my teacher in makeup school swore by it).

This foundation gives sheer to moderate coverage with a glowing natural finish. It looks perfect form when i put it on till the end of my day (i work long days on my feet in a salon). My skin is super sensitive and almost anything makes me break out. This foundation doesn't clog my pores and i get so many compliments on how beautiful my skin looks.

I can even use it with a smaller brush over blemishes as a concealer that wont make my breakouts worse!

Update March 23, 2012: I still agree with the review I gave above, HOWEVER, I wanted to add 2 things:

1. This photographs HORRIBLY with flash, so it is perfect for day to day use, but you will need a different foundations if a lot of pictures are going to be taken (and you care enough about the white cast)

2. I think that I MIGHT have been allergic to something in this....I was wearing this daily, but I stopped using any foundation on a daily bases (but also started a new skincare regime so I can't be sure) and I have not gotten a single cystic breakout since (I used to get them monthly, and always thought that it was from hormones).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by LivBrown

This is by far the best mineral foundation - or any foundation, for that matter - that I've ever used. I apply a sheer layer of the mineral primer on first, and then dust the foundation on top of that. It's really amazing how it quickly transforms my pale, sallow complexion into a naturally glowing and even one. I don't even need concealer; I just use a concealer brush, pick up some of the mineral foundation onto it, and apply it to blemishes or spots - it's almost magical how it covers them up effectively and leaves a natural finish. The foundation feels very nice on my skin - hardly noticeable at all throughout the day. I used to use Bare Minerals and continue to use their brushes for my application of the Laura Mercier mineral foundation, but I much prefer this foundation over the Bare Minerals one - this brand is much more finely milled, I think, and appears much more natural - not shiny and artificially glowing like other mineral foundations. I'm glad I made the switch! It's the best foundation I've ever used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 4:48:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

For reference, I am Asian NC20-25 and use this in soft porcelain. the match isn't excellent - soft porcelain is a bit too light for me, but the next shade up is too dark. This does oxidize a bit on me (as do all mmu I find), so the color evens out nicely later. I have used everyday minerals before and just hated it. it was a shiny oily no-coverage & pore-accentuated mess. LM is the direct opposite of all of the above. the coverage is buildable, as sheer or heavy as I like, and it won't look cakey. I have always preferred powder foundation over liquid, because as long as you choose the right brush, it does all the work for you. I pair my LM mmu with the ELF studio line powder brush, which is a dense flat top kabuki. and it's just a dream to apply this every morning.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by mamakaz12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have found this product to be one of the best mineral foundations. It glides on like butter! First i apply my Clarins Beauty Flash Balm, then the mineral powder with my MAC 109 brush, at first i went a little overboard with the product not realizing how little you only need, as i said, this stuff spreads like butter.. The only problem i'm having with it is getting it to stay in humidity, you will need to use a finishing veil with it.. Unlike most minerals i have tried, this one has no visible glitter/sparkle particles in it, just a nice semi iridescent glowy look, that i love!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Pancakeprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best mineral powder I've tried. I don't like wearing foundation because it always feels like a mask but this powder lets some of my freckles and skin tone shine through while covering my red areas.

I was using BM but the colors never looked right on me (too yellow) and the feel was dry and heavy looking on my skin. I use the LM mineral powder in "Tender Rose" and it's a perfect match for my pale skin. I like the coverage and I can adjust it depending on the brush I use.

The sifter is also a huge plus, it keeps the powder from flying everywhere so there is a lot less waste with this product. Yippeee for good package design!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by funkiemunkiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation! I was always turned off by mineral foundation, I just assumed it wouldn't be good for people with dry skin. I wasn't impressed with bare escentuals or everyday minerals because it made my skin feel really tight. I had bascially given up on mineral foundation until some of my favourite gurus on youtube (kokolaroo, RAEview, and fuzkittie) all raved about it. After much comptempation, I finally decided to try it out and I'm so happy I did! It looks so natural, doesn't cake, and doesn't excentuate dry patches or make my skin feel tight. It doesn't make my skin oily and lasts all day. The packaging is great because it doesn't get the foundaton everywhere. Another reason why I was always turned off by mineral foundation was the mess! But the closeable sifter ensures all the products stays inside the container!

I highly, highly, highly recommend everyone try this foundation out! I got Real Sand which is suitable for NC20 skin. I think it was about $40CAD at sephora.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Jarofmar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. I've used mineral foundation for years, but had issues with coverage and it lasting throughout the day. This foundation has great buildable coverage, and will last me all day. I've noticed it works best when used with a moisturizer underneath, especially when the skin is still a little wet from the moisturizer. Though the foundation is expensive, it lasts forever! I use it every day, and have had the same powder for around 8-9 months. I only need to apply it once a day, though I occasionally touch up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been wearing BM for years. I've recently have been wanting a change and have tried just about every liquid foundation out there. Yuck. Then I read the reviews for this. I have only used it twice, but so far I really like it. Much less powdery than BM and more natural looking, while still covering about as well as BM does. Packaging is a sifter... way better than BM. A little bit of powder sneaks out, but not too bad.

**Been wearing this for a few days now and I love it!!! Color and coverage are way better than BM. I never thought I would find a MMU that I like better than BM, but this is awesome!