April 18, 2014 | 852 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - New Flat Top Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by miyoshi637

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my, I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this brush yet! I can not rave enought about this brush! It's super soft, very dense, puts on my mmu like a dream, and isn't made from animal hair and is made from renewable sources. Woohoo, what more can a girl ask for? I've had the brush for well over a year now and it still looks like brand spanking new. Everytime I've washed it, I've never had a "hair" shed from this brush. You can get this brush for really cheap when you buy it in a kit. $5.67 each in the 6 piece kit. ($34) or even cheaper, $4.17 each in the 12 piece kit ($50) Otherwise, it's $10. I don't know what else to say about this brush that has not been said, it's an all around wonderful brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by lcatala2

love love love it. I bought this bc of the reviews on MUA, when I first received it in the mail I thought it would not live up to the hype bc, although it is really soft, the fibers are almost too soft and "synethic-y" however, this brush is sooo great, it really pics up the loose powder evenly, distributes it evenly, and is gentle enough to really "buff" the skin, which is really the technique that gives the skin that flawless, photofinished look that ppl love about mineral makeup. What I like most about the brush's softness is that I can sweep it or my eyelid and under my eye and it will not irritate it. I think I may buy a second one as a backup! It also helps that it is super cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Peaches27

Wow, thanks MUA'ers! I would have probably not bought this brush otherwise. It's SO soft...I think I am in love!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by HilaryLaFrance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The main reason I gave this brush a 4 is because I had an issue with mine. About a month after I got it a huge chunk of bristles started coming out. I was always gentle when washing and had only used it maybe 10 times... so that wasn't good. But on the plus side I contacted Everyday Minerals and sent them a picture. They were very kind and sent me a new brush. They have great customer service, which is hard to come by these days.

Ok so now on with the brush itself. This is one of the softest brushes I have ever felt in my life. When you touch it to your skin it feels like velvet. This brush will Never scratch you and is so luxurious to use. It works great with the Everyday Minerals powders as well as bronzers and blushes. It is small enough for precision work and contouring. I also really like the short and thick handle. It gives you the perfect grasp for buffing products onto your skin. All in all this is one great brush. Other than my bristle mishap I have nothing negative to say about it and plan on getting all the Everyday Mineral brushes in the future :))

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by hathor2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The bristles are very very soft. A little too soft to buff in foundation but just right, almost perfect, to apply mineral blush or mineral veil. The body shop kabuki brush is perfect for buffing in mineral foundation on my skin because not only is it soft, but not too soft, fine, but not too fine, the bristles on my TBS kabuki are so densely packed that powder really gets in there and only escapes the bristles when buffing in the end to your skin. The EDM flat top brush, however, is super duper soft that it really needs to be flat at its top to get all the powder that went in there on to your face (hope that made some sense). The EDM flat top face brush is not as densely packed as my TBS kabuki but comes to a near second. So this EDM flat top brush is better used for stippling and for light application of shimmers or bronzers, for that "air brushed look". I did notice my mineral veil didn't cake on my foundation with this brush so that's a real plus.

This brush is not scratchy, not one bit. Even if there was one or two bristles that were threatening to shed, the brush and its bristles do not poke me in the eye or have a scratchy feeling on my skin under my eye. It sorta feels like thick flannel or cashmere but silky. But I did say that there were one or two bristles that were threatening to shed, and they have, so this thing sheds. I know most brushes shed especially when it's brand new and when it's really old, but I count only about three really really fine bristles that shed, I actually thought it was cat hair (I have three kitties in my flat) on my face, it's that soft!

This EDM flat top brush also has no smell. Unlike my elf face brush (horse hair from China) and my bare escentuals kabuki that had the same old plastic burnt rubber smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by xkellyz

Ok, this is the best, softest brush that has ever touched my face! I absolutely <3 it! It is so much better than the more expensive counterpart and is essential for any mineral foundation users!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by hanging_garden

Just to echo everyone else, I love this brush! I love swishing it on my face after I've washed it because it is so freaking soft. Speaking of washing, it's very good quality because it doesn't shed when I wash it. This is my go to brush for powder or mineral foundation. Also it's great for buffing out harsh lines when applying contour or blush. And it's so inexpensive for the great quality. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by jthiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is quite possibly the SOFTEST brush I have ever used. It's the only brush I will use to put on mineral makeup; and you just cannot beat the price..it's so inexpensive! I will purchase this brush again when I need to!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG!! this brush is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!! It's soooooooo soft and incredibly dense. it feels like the softest, plushest sponge when you rub it on your face - that's how dense it is. it barely even feels like a brush. and it's the perfect size. the head is quite compact and probably about an inch or so in diameter, and the handle is stout which gives you great control. I also love the fact that it's synthetic hairs because natural ones make my face red and tight/burning from too much contact. i've also washed it and found it to dry very well and soft. i could use this all day...sometimes i'm late for work because i just can't put it down. i wish i was kidding. hahahaha. it deposits a very even, full layer of minerals and gives excellent coverage. since it does give such even coverage, i gave it a whirl with my Dior Nude (liquid), and voila! who needs a fdtn brush or a MAC 187? it came out PERFECT. it's like my magic eraser. that's what they should have called it...it even feels like smooth eraser. (PS--I bought a 187 yesterday for the Nude, but i may not keep it now because this is so wonderful!). I'm reordering several more so that i can keep one strictly powdered minerals, and still have one for my liquid, plus an extra! you HAVE to have this brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by dtm428

This is actually the first product I purchased based on reviews from MakeupAlley - and I my only regret is not buying this brush sooner! It's really an amazing product. Soft doesn't even begin to describe how this brush really feels. First time I rubbed it with my finger - it was like touching air. Sounds hokey I know, but seriously, it's a wonderfully delicious softeness that makes it a joy to put on my mineral make-up in the mornings. I also find that the denseness of the brush helps buff on a very even layer of my make-up. It picks up the make-up very easily, so beware to use a light hand and not let the brush grab too much of the powder. Great product. I highly recommend getting one.