September 21, 2014 | 1868 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

I only wash my hair every other day at most so the natural oils can absorb into my hair so dry shampoos are important to me. I picked this up after hearing a lot of good reviews and I think it works pretty well but isn't amazing. The smell is described as a "crisp and fresh smell" but smells like a rotting/off chemically processed lemon? I usually hold my breath when working this into my hair. Also it can leave a layer of white residue on the scalp if you don't work it in thoroughly and can have some white patches too again, if you don't work it in thoroughly. It does make my hair feel less oily and keeps it that way throughout the day so a decent purchase overall.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I have the dark brown version.; I was hoping it would be great since my hair is dark brown too. Alas like all other non- brown dry shampoos, this spews forth a dry as dust, matte gray/white powder. When some brown does come out, well at best I look like a chimney sweep, at worst, which is more often than not, like I'm playing Ben Franklin in a school play. Not really the look I'm going for;(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Lo, in days long gone, the women did weep and pound their chests and pull out their dull and lifeless hair, abandoned by their Goddess of Shine and Body. Despite their frequent treks to the porcelain temples and their rigorous cleansing rituals the oiliness in their hair did persist and they were left with flat, untouchable locks. They cried to the Goddess, shouting to the heavens,

“O, why have you forsaken us, Goddess of Shine and Body? Have we not toiled for you? Have we not showered every other day; must we shower daily? Have we not been diligent in applying only the highest quality leave in conditioner, but not too much? We even read reviews online and bought Paul Mitchell’s Tea Tree shampoo for chrissakes, that shit was over twenty dollars, what the hell?"

And one day, a perfectly coiffed saint from a land far away approached the suffering women. With her she did carry the one and only dry shampoo worth purchasing, unlike that Tresemme bullshit which deserves to be cast into the fiery pit from whence it came. She embraced the women and held them to her bosom, and with a sweet voice she did tell them,

“My children, suffer you no longer, for I am Your Lady of Batiste, and with me I bring this aerosol can that will provide your hair with healthy volume and rid it of the oils that plague you. Go, use it now, lift thy hair and spray into thy roots, for thy hair is straight up nasty. But make sure to comb vigorously after you apply, since it does leave little white flakes that some may mistake for dandruff. With this, you have great power, but do not take up the false pride of the heathens and shower only once a week, you must stay committed to proper cleansing. Give your weary hearts rest, for your salvation is now available at participating Ulta locations.”

54 out of 67 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great drugstore dry shampoo. Scent is ok. I have used the original and the one with color for blondes. Did not like the colored one at all. Still does not work as well as Bedhead's product. But if I can't get the Bedhead on sale and need dry shampoo...this is suitable.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I haven't tried very many dry shampoos so I don't have a lot to compare to it to, but out of the few I've tried I like this one the best. It does pretty much what it says it will do...it sort of refreshes the hair by absorbing the oil and adding a little bit of volume. I like that it's not too expensive either. A lot of the hair products I use are pricier and it's nice to like a product that's not going to break the bank every time I need to repurchase. I always see this at tj max for around $5. The only real con I have is that it does take away the natural shine of hair giving the hair a very matte finish but I've experienced this with every dry shampoo I've tried. I wear my hair up whenever I use dry shampoos for that reason. Also, it does leave a white residue so just make sure to brush through your hair after applying. Overall, I like this product and I would repurchase it, but I'll probably try others as well just to compare.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:28:00 AM More reviews by changja2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now THIS is what I imagined dry shampoo to be. I originally got Klorane's non-aerosol dry shampoo (thought I would be eco-friendly) but while using it, I didn't understand the big deal about dry shampoos. The Klorane left white clumpy patches in my black greasy hair and never made it feels less greasy. It almost felt dirtier.

I came across the Batiste dry shampoo at TJMaxx & thought I would give dry shampoo another try before writing them off. Wow - This takes the greasy look out and doesn't leave a white residue. I spray it from about a foot away, tousle my hair and I'm done! I have the can with the Union Jack on it and love the lightly perfumed smell but the smell doesn't last for too long in my hair. I use this about 1-2 times a week, when I don't have time to wash my hair and after 3 months, I still have plenty of product in the can.

This is an amazing product that I can't recommend enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Keloraz

This dry shampoo workes great! I have nothing bad to say about it. Recommended :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by AyeshaE

It works really well, however the smell is awful. The original makes me gag.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Kemezaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried a lot of different dry shampoos, and batiste dry shampoo is defintely the best. It is very effective: makes your oily hair "normal" again, and the price is very affordable. Furthermore, it smells great!! I recommend this product to all my friends :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by MissEvelien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I'm not a fan of this dry shampoo, having tried the XXL Volume version. I wash my hair every second day and use dry shampoo on my second-day hair. Nonetheless, it doesn't make my hair feel cleaner, and didn't add much volume either. It actually made my hair feel sticky, and unable to comb trough, so I had to wash it anyway. The Schwarzkopf dry shampoo is a much better budget-proof product.