April 17, 2014 | 1934 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 11:18:00 AM More reviews by pinktini007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the best primers I've ever had (and I've tried a lot). However, you have to figure out the right amount, for me a pea-size drop works out best. And the product needs definitely more than the recommended two minutes to set. I let my moisturizer set for ten minutes, then give the present another five before applying foundation - flawless perfection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 1:39:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

As of right now, this is my HG of primers. I first tried it about 4 months ago after watching a demonstration on a popular home shopping network. I applied just a dime sized amount after my moisturizer and I let it sit for the recommended 2 minutes. I have normal/dry skin. I then applied my MAC SFF NW30, and WOW!! I loved the way my foundation went on smoothly, and my face looked flawless. My makeup wore ALL day/night and I do not touch up at all. It works well with other brands of MU, and with various types of foundation (liquid, cremestick, minerals). My face did not feel tacky, unlike LG Spackle did, and Smashbox Photo Primer just slid everything off my face w/in hours. This primer not only paves your skin down for a smooth finish, but it also helps to lock in your moisturizer. The tube packaging is nice, and the cost is worth it as it will last forever. Also great for days you don't want to wear MU (unfortunately I never have those days as I love MU too much). The only downfall I would have to say is the 2 minute wait, sometimes I am rushed for time and 2 minutes can seem like forever, but it is so worth the wait! I just gave my SIL a sample and she's already thanking me for turning her on to this product, and she has VERY dry skin. Highly recommended!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I received this in a swap as I like the idea of a foundation primer, but wanted to try it first. I am so glad I didn't buy this! It felt sticky on my skin and strangely gritty. I may have had a bad batch, but it was almost like rubbing an exfoliator on my skin. I left the product on my face for two minutes as the directions state, applied my foundation, but then I had to immediately wash my makeup off. It made my foundation turn instantly orange and very patchy. I tried this under mineral makeup and it was a lot better. I noticed that it did leave my face very matte, which was great, but I can't use it with my normal makeup. Will not be buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by idrinkred

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It looked great the first hour or so but then it melted into my pores and made them look huge. No matter how little I used my face felt greasy and waxy and I couldn't wait to go home and wash it off. Worse yet it made me itchy and then I broke out with acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2007 4:29:00 AM More reviews by natylife36

I've only used this product a handful of times.
PROS: It provided nice smooth makeup application (I used MAC tinted moisturizer)
And (the best part) kept my face blissfully matte even throughout a day long wedding.

CONS: It made my face feel dull alone, it dulled out my moisturizer underneath it felt like.
I did find I broke out a bit after each use, which is a big con and it has since been in the back of my drawer.

It does feel amazing on the back of your hand, and after all of the pro reviews i'm reading I think tomorrow I'll give it another try. But if it makes me feel broken out afterwards I think I'm going to try a MAC primer, which also got rave reviews. Update: I wore it again and the next day I broke out a bit. It's taken four days to get back to normal.
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2007 4:43:00 PM More reviews by cdesla1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with a few philosophy products but NOT this one. 'clear foundation' my foot. It looked and felt like smearing crisco on my skin.
ick.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2007 11:05:00 PM More reviews by th_butterfly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! The Present is the first primer I've tried so I don't have anything to compare to it. I use mineral makeup and at mid-day my face is usually oily. When I apply The Present prior to my mineral makeup it controls the oil. I still have some shine at mid-day, but I'll take that over then what my face use to look like. It makes the powder so much easier to apply and holds throughout the day. It gives you a matte finish so if you don't want to, you don't even need to apply foundation. The only downfall is that it doesnt help the oil on my eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 9:33:00 PM More reviews by brokedownrage

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A new HG item for me!
blurrs the fine lines (I don't have pore problems so I can't testify to that)
It also makes your skin SO SOFT! After using just a few days my face feels so soft and fresh! I wear it both under foundation and when I want to go without foundation. A must try!!
I think I bought it for 25$ it seems like a small tube but a little goes a long way so you wont be buying it over and over. Great quality for the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2007 11:51:00 PM More reviews by jessih3

I was very disappointed with this product. It is a light cream, which I like, and didn't feel goopy or sticky on my face. But, it did nothing for me! It didn't make my foundation last longer, it didn't make my skin look even, nothing! It did make me break out, though. Go figure. I won't buy this again. UPDATE: I started using this again during the summer, and it actually works better now than in the winter. I have been using the Supernatural Airbrush Canvas makeup, and this seems to be a good primer for that. I probably won't buy again, but at least I don't feel like it was a complete waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by kwhite1122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product!! I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and it has cleared up my skin completely! I have very sensitive skin and I would always have that once a month breakout - this is the first time in years I have not! It really keeps my makeup from clogging up my pores. My skin looks great now after using several of the Philosophy products. I highly recommend this product!