Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 4/17/2007 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A little bit goes a long way with this primer. I've never had much luck with primers (frankly I've never noticed a difference, with or without makeup), and I don't see earth shattering results with this one. Doesn't clog my pores, and as with all Philosophy products, the packaging is lovely!

I bought this after finding out it's the same thing as the On A Clear day "protection cream" (aka moisturizer). I don't know about the whole "clear makeup" thing, but as a moisurizer for sensitive acne prone skin this stuff does the trick for me. I put it on right out of the shower and when i go back to put on foundation my face is perfectly smooth. It leaves my face moisturized and keeps my face from being an oil slick. More than I can say for any other moisturizer out there.

on 4/9/2007 9:34:00 PM

Didn't care for it at all, and I usually love Philosophy

on 4/8/2007 12:31:00 PM

I use lots of philosophy products and normally love them. This however was a different story. It did create a nice matte finish on my face, but it also caused my skin to break out and created a rash on one cheek.

on 4/6/2007 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really love how my oily skin look after applying this. My make up last longer and I even skip my usual make up regimen which is : moisturizer , my super thick liquid foundation and loose powder , Because I know my make up would melt by tea time. However...., Now I just apply toner , This product and MAC studio perfect foundation. It gives a semi matte finish, saves my time and last whole day...Strangely it seems to work well with powder foundation than with liquid foundation.my face sweat a lot when using this with lancome Maquimat liquid foundation

on 4/3/2007 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been wanting to try this for a while and got a free sample of this with my last philosophy order. YIKES! Broke out in bumps every place I applied it- red bumps on the bridge of my nose, cheeks, and forehead. Not attractive. I use many other philosophy products everyday. I will stick with DHC velvet Skin Coat from now on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I tried this product before Philosophy started calling it "clear foundation" or primers became a product category. I recently tried this again as I got a sample, and didn't like this as either "clear foundation" or as a primer.

The texture is thick and very hard to control during application. I remember hearing the head of the company say on QVC that this product needs a few minutes to set, and, then, voila, perfect skin. Well, the product sure needed a few minutes to set, but, then, nothing. If this made a difference in the way my skin looked, I missed it.

As a primer, for my skin needs there I products I like better (Laura Geller's Spackle). For all its thickness, I didn't find this filled in pores or fine lines. Powder foundation application on top was cakey and very difficult to blend. Liquid foundation was slightly better, but there wasn't much slip.

The icing on the cake was the breakouts. That's when I stopped experimenting.

I like many Philsophy products, but I think maybe the hype associated with them has outgrown the product's ability to live up to the claims.

on 3/23/2007 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wanted to try a primer, so since I used Philsophy's skincare line, I thought I'd give it a try. I will say that my skin DOES look flawless when I use this; however, it is the most drying product I've ever used! The day I use it, my skin is flaking like crazy. Allergic? I suppose so, but I've never had a problem with any of their products. I gave it to my sister, and she's had no issues, so, go figure. Anyway, it really does work, just not for me.

on 3/17/2007 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this because it makes my skin feel smooth. I have a shiny forehead and it doesn't help that, but I haven't found anything that does. I put a lot of stuff on my face in the morning, like eye cream, BP, SPF, so I feel like this "holds it all on" and kind of seals my face from the environment. I may be completely wrong though! I don't feel like it does anything for my pores, and I don't have fine lines to speak of yet.

on 3/14/2007 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is one of the best primers I've ever had (and I've tried a lot). However, you have to figure out the right amount, for me a pea-size drop works out best. And the product needs definitely more than the recommended two minutes to set. I let my moisturizer set for ten minutes, then give the present another five before applying foundation - flawless perfection.