NARS Highlighting Blush Powder in Albatross

4.4

on 12/14/2010 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm an associate at sephora, male, nc40-42 Asian skin tone, and I LOVE this hilighter! A lot if the Nara blushes have the same golem sheen found in orgasm, torrid, etc, but albatross is just that golden sheen without the color! Very soft in the pan, you only need one swipe of your brush to do both cheekbones. I use my Mac 109 brush to really buff the powder into the skin and it just gives the most beautiful glow to the cheeks. Great for putting over a matte blush, hilighting browbones, or even wearing it on the cheeks alone, BEAUTIFUL

Oh my gosh. This is the highlighter i have been searching for!!! I have yellow undertones and pink toned highlighters just don't work for me. For the past 6 months I have been searching for the perfect gold highlighter that won't look muddy, won't look bronzy, won't look chalky and had a decent bit of fine shimmer (I actually like the look of very very finely milled shimmer on my cheeks, especially if they are gold shimmers since it makes my NC25 skin look like it's glowing from underneath whatever blush I have one) that's very very finely grained. After looking through the select MSFs I could get my hands on at the moment, being a huge fan of mac, I found that they almost always looked like a chalky glitter bronzer mess.

I then turned to sephora and after seeing this on youtube, I had to try it out. I was so surprised when I got to the store and saw the size of this. It is TINY. and I mean TINY. granted, you don't need that much, but still, you get double or triple the amount in MSFs for a dollar more.

I bought it anyways and I'm so glad I did because it's amazing!! It really gives a gold shimmer to the face, that's not noticeable as "oh she just put on highlighter", but very notice "oh wow she has such a gorgeous glow!". It looks natural enough for daily wear but it's very noticeable on the skin in a beautiful way. The shimmer is a pale gold and it's evenly distributed throughout the powder so you don't get the one odd glitter in some random place particle on your face. It's not glittery at ALL and it's the only highlighter I've tried in my entire life that I can use on the bridge of my nose and not look overdone. It's also a great brow bone highlight, more so than any of my other eyeshadow highlight colors.

I do have to say that if you aren't into shimmer or if you have pink toned skin, this is not for you. It you however, are yellow or beige toned with NC30 or lighter skin (this may not work as well on darker skin tones because the pale gold may look white on your skin), this is HG material. Yes the packaging is awful and dirties easily, yes this is ridiculously priced, but I love this so much that I'd give it a five anyways and i'd definately repurchase if i don't find a cheaper MSF alternative.

on 12/9/2010 8:15:00 PM

Well this is really expensive for what you get.... Just pearly gold shimmer. Doesn't really do much good on darker skin just looked like really light gold from a distance it looked really chalky and semi frosty. Going back to Sephora:(

Its okay. It is shimmery. I would not repurchase.

on 12/2/2010 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I received this in swap and I never tried this in person, but I had to try it with all the hype. This is a white highlighter with a golden sheen, it is not glittery at all & the shimmer is low key and very sophisticated. Even though this was a swap, I buy a lot of NARS and know how much this costs & it is NOT expensive at all. It will take at least a year of VIGOROUS use to get through half of this & that is nothing when the cost is spread out.

I don't think it is worth all the hype, I think it is a very good highlighter, but not like this WOW. But if you want a subtle, great highlighter this is a very good one.

on 12/2/2010 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Reference: NC44-45

Great highlighter for tanned skin, it gives an amazing glow (not really dewy).
I brush it on the tops on my cheek bones, and along the bridge of my nose: looks lovely.
It looks a scary white in the pan but amazing on the skin. It comes up as a very light gold sheen. It has tiny micro gold flecks/glitter/sparkles that reflect, which I think looks gorgeous on brown skin (compared to silver glitter). The gold glitter makes the skin look warm and glowy.
The packaging is great to travel with as it comes in a small tablet, with a mirror.
The product is pretty pigmented, so I think it is great for the price. I also think it will last me a long time.
So, when I do run out, I will repurchase. Great product for tanned skin.

on 11/17/2010 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

The DOLCE VITA SET! It contains Albatross and Lovejoy (highlighter/blush duo) plus the Dolce Vita Lip gloss, the down side is it is only at the http://www.narscosmetics.eu/gifts/nars-cosmetics-gift-sets/lovejoy-albatross-dolce-vita-set.html website. BOOOOOO!!!!

on 11/17/2010 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

this is super soft in the pan so a little goes a long way. it's a golden sheen that catches the light and makes a great finishing touch when my make up is done. i apply above my cheeks up to my temples and down the bridge of my nose just to give that "fresh" face look.

on 11/16/2010 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I really like this highlighter! It's a beautiful colour, that shows up even on my pale skin. It golden, it's silvery, it's pinkish.. Just as a good highlighter should be. I use a fan brush, to dust it lightly over the top of my cheekbones and brow bone. It is a very nice highlighter, indeed!

on 10/28/2010 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Beautiful highlighter~ I love blending it into my blush for a sexy glow. It's also really pretty on the browbone. It looks gorgeous on top of bronzer also.It illuminates your face.

Top Rated NARS Products