October 25, 2014 | 1401 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Mascara Multi-Dimensionnel

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by esoterica7

Mascara in general is probably my favorite makeup product (and I think the most important), and this mascara is the best I've found for what I want. Very dramatic lashes without being clumpy or too stiff -- great seperation, length, and volume. I love the brush. Definitely worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Inimitable… no name could me more appropriate for this mascara. I guess it will take a long time before another one sets a shadow on Inimitable!
I discovered this one more than one year ago, when I was offered a tube (in black) as a Christmas gift. And…oh, wonder!
I was so happy when I first applied it: all the qualities I had found before in several different mascaras were rolled into one product only!! It makes
1) loooooong lashes
2) it defines lashes - meaning you do not get them stuck together, but you can see them clearly separated)
3) it adds volume - lashes are thicker, but not messy
4) lasts all day without smudging or flaking
4) it is suitable for sensitive eyes.

Can you ask for more?? definitely my HG mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 3:58:00 PM More reviews by ClassicBlackPumps

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. It makes my lashes sooty and mysterious. Chanel did not disappoint. I am infinitely pleased with the femme fatale look I get from wearing this. Just perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high expectations for this mascara, and while they weren't surpassed, they were definitely met. I have long dark lashes naturally so it doesn't take a lot for my lashes to look good, but with Inimitable I had a lot of people asking if I was wearing fake lashes. The brush helps to prevent clumping, and the formula doesn't run or flake. Not quite HG status, but it's worth repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by bobrien1

I absolutely love love love LOVE this mascara. Did I mention I love this mascara?
HOWEVER (...and this is a BIG however) it flakes and made my eyes itch like never before. I had to take my contacts out 5 out of the 7 days I used this and have switched back to DiorShow. For those who don't wear contacts, BUY THIS. It's amazing..especially if you have hazel eyes and buy it in the brown color, it will make them pop. The second they make a gentle formula, DiorShow is going in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 1:45:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect mascara! It gives my lashes natural looking length and volume with absolutely no clumping. The amazing brush seperates and defines every lash. It has a semi-glossy finish. It lasts all day without flaking or smudging.The formula does not dry up quickly either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 7:18:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few, probably *the* only h/e mascara I'd shell the cash for. It's just perfect and amazing. It has everything that I'm looking for and then some. Here's what it does for me, but keep in mind, I already have long lashes:
It makes my lashes look super long
It separates them without looking clumpy due to the perfection of the brush.
The formula is dark and creamy.
Doesn't make my lashes "crunchy".
Holds a curl (added bonus).
Doesn't smear (at least on me).
Doesn't irritate my eyes.
I've had a hard time finding a d/s dupe for it. Bummer, cuz this is expensive!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a SA apply this for me and WOW what a difference it made. My other mascara (Maybelliene) that I had applied only a few hours before was already fading so I let her apply this mascara. This made my eyes look bigger and added tons of length to my sparse lashes.
I bought the waterproof formula and so far am very happy. I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive, hopefully this will last me a while.

Update: This has dried out and doesn't go on well at all - after only a few months. Too expensive for me to shell out that kind of cash for mascara every 2-3 months. I'm surprised Chanel didn't invent a formula that would last - I am very good about closing the top all the way but it still dried out very quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2008 6:54:00 AM More reviews by jfranjic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I used the sample of this product I recieved in a magazine, and I thought it was the best mascara ever. Then I recieved it for Christmas and for the first few times it was very good. Gave me great length and volume. But as I kept using it, I was less impressed and it seemed to dry out quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2008 8:35:00 AM More reviews by jillyjill

I have only ever used sample tubes of this...and I keep coming back to it. I am almost finished my last one, and I am starting to panic at the thought of shelling out $28 for mascara, bc every other HE mascara I have tried wasn't worth it. I didn't like DiorShow (note to self to write heinous review later) or Lancome Hypnose. My lashes are very average and I have very little natural bend to them. I also have blonde hair, so they aren't particularly dark. For years I curled my lashes and searched for a mascara that didn't "uncurl" my lashes. Inimitable held the curl well, and I am glad to report that I have weaned myself from the curler when I realized that Inimitable would curl my lashes a bit on it's own. The brush is flexible, but not floppy, so I have good control. Doesn't flake or smear. I think I will suck it up and buy the full size soon. Will report back.