September 22, 2014 | 1896 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by coolioboolio

I love this product. It really does stop the excessive sweating. I have always had a huge problem with excess sweat under my arms, and it embarrassed me to no end. I wore tank tops all of the time, just to avoid it. Now, I can wear anything because of Certain Dri. I have to put it on every night usually, and while it does itch incessantly, it helps so much. I had worried about the breast cancer link to antiperspirants, but I found this link http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/risk/ap-deo that somewhat settled me down.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by hollyx191

There are some pros and cons to this product. The pros would be that it works amazingly. I never sweat at all after using it. The cons would be that it is very uncomfortable. When you put it on at night, it itches soooo badly. The next few days after wearing it, it also makes your armpits ache and feel clogged. However, it does stop sweating so that is a plus

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by shaymprince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have such a love-hate relationship with this! It definatley works when used correctly (at night) but it is very harsh and can be irritating. When I first started using it, it made me itch horribly and gave me dry irritated skin. I layed off for a while and came back to it, using only every other night and it seems I have built up a tolerance for it. It doesnt irritate my skin near as much now. It will still itch if I apply too much. And stings if you apply right after shaving. I do like to use a deoderant in the daytime in addition to this, although it says you shouldnt have to.. I have to : ) One bottle lasts a long time and very reasonbly priced. I have and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by smm9032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This anti-perspirant works the best for me. You apply it before bed and don't have to worry about sweating the next day. I still use Secret deoderant during the day because I like the scent of it. The Certain Dri is unscented. Certain Dri is also great because it works even if you miss a night. It is not necessary to apply every night. I usually use it every other night. This stuff is great if you are looking for an effective product to stop sweating.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product sure does stop the sweat!! The only problem is that it dried out my armpits horribly. They actually started flaking. I had to discontinue using it but I may go back to it in the future if I need a strong deodorant. Overall it does what it says, so I'm giving it the 3 lippies. Taking away 2 because the drying of my skin was unbearable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I wish I would have known about this product ages ago.I used to sweat excessively and it was beyond embarrasing and used to own a lot of black shirts cuz of it lol needless to say when I had found about Certain Dri 3yrs ago I tried and never looked back!=) I did itch the 1st time I used it but that was it. I can truly say this product is a miracle,I have no sweating problems at all and I can actually wear other colored shirts besides of black=)

In the beggining I used to apply it every other day cuz it can get drying but now after 3yrs of using this I either apply it once evey few weeks and if I even notice I'm starting to sweat again I use it everyother day and I'm good to go again....sometimes I dont even need to use it for months but either way I have it in my bathroom if I need it.When I'm not using it I just use Dove deodorant and I'm fine=)...(Certain Dri can dry you out under your arms and the Dove deodorant helps combat it)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Siimie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was hoping that this product would live up to the hype, and... it has!! My embarassing excessive sweating had become a source of constant strife and preocupation for me. I was considering expensive botox treatments if this didn't work. I tried this the first time according to the instructions, and felt embarrassed that my super-strong sweat broke through the super strong certain-dri worse than ever, and stinky! However, the next day I went "rebel" and applied it in the morning, then applied a normal deodorant over the top, and... wow! Dryness! No stinkiness later in the day. Miracle of miracles, it even lasts into the next day. As long as it keeps working my armpits will no longer be the bain of my existence. I will continue to buy this as long as it works for me, and as long as no new science indicates that it's bad for me (I do worry about the breast cancer link, but as of now it seems unsubstantiated). HOORAY!

ETA: It stopped working after a few months. So I stopped trying to use it for a few months to see if I can just use it on important occasions or when I really just don't want to have visible sweat marks. this seems to be working, but I'm still considering botox.

ETA2: I figured out how to work with this. I took a 6 month hiatus from this product but was determined to try again. Really follow the instructions and only put it on after a shower and before bed. I only put it on once every three days and that seems to work beautifully! Miracle product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This didn't really work for me. You're supposed to apply it at night when your body temperature is at a steady lower temperature so that you don't sweat it all off before it's had time to sink in. Well it would itch so badly that I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. And my body, perhaps in an attempt to rid itself of this irritant, would get all overheated and sweaty while I tossed and turned and generally struggled against the urge to scour my armpits with steel wool.

Even when I managed to sleep a few nights in a row with it on, I'd still occasionally sweat through it. And this is the strange part - when I did manage to sweat through it, my sweat would smell really really gross. And Certain Dri seemed to do absolutely nothing for the smell once the wetness crept through.

I now use Secret Clinical Strength and it works perfectly, it actually does exactly what it says it will do for me. I'm done with the itching and burning that Certain Dri causes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ilikeringpops

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't know what I would do if this product didn't exist. I sweat so excessively that I spent all of middle school and high school trying out new antiperspirants/deodorants, wearing dark clothes, and trying not to exert myself, to no avail. I still sweated constantly! While it never inhibited my friendships or relationships, I was ALWAYS self-conscious about it and worried I would have big pit stains. After reading about this on MUA last year, I bought it. And it works! I still sweat a little, but not much (mostly just when I'm actually doing something strenuous). I actually put it on right when I get out of the shower in the mornings, finish the rest of my morning routine, and then when it's dry, I put some normal stick deodorant on top. The deodorant keeps the itchy feeling away and if I do happen to sweat, I don't have BO. I don't know what I would do without this product, besides spend the rest of my life feeling self-conscious again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tend to sweat like crazy sometimes (and I''m not exaggerating) even when I'm just sitting around and not being active at all so a good antiperspirant is a necessity for me. I've been using this for a couple of weeks. The first week, this worked like a charm. It kept all of the sweat away and I was happy. But after a week, it became inconsistent..sometimes it would work great and other times, it didn't work at all and I would sweat like someone sprayed water on my pits. I also hate the fact that you're only supposed to apply this at night. I usually shower at night but when I do decide to shower in the morning, it don't work as well because I suppose the water would rinse off the antiperspirant. I tried to tweak it by applying it after the morning showers too but that didn't help either. It really s.ucks to restrict myself to night showers due to this. But even then, sometimes the anti-perspirant just doesn't work period even when I don't shower in the morning and only use it at night. I heard that there's an A.M. version but I doubt it will work if I was sweating all night while I was tossing adn turning in bed and may not have time to shower in the morning before application? I need something that I can apply any time of day. I also started getting small itchy bumps recently..not on my armpits but the back of my arm, right by the pits so I need to stop using this asap and find something else. I don't know what to do anymore..I've tried almost everything out there including Secret Clinical. I wonder if surgery or botox is the only true solution. This is worth a try but do it at your own risk...it seems to irritate many ppl's skin.