July 25, 2014 | 1926 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Sarmouse

I have to start by saying that I love to try new foundations and am always on the search for that perfect match in terms of color, coverage, and feel. So far, I am liking this foundation a lot. I have oily/combo/acne-prone skin that is very pale. I use the Sandy Fair in the Matte formulation.

At first I didn't like the coverage as I do have some acne and scarring to cover up. It seemed I couldn't get enough coverage and it was almost like I had nothing on at all! Then I read on the boards about using it wet. So I did and what a difference! Here is my technique.

I start with the Tinted Silk Dust from EDM by applying a light brushing all over my face. Then I mist my entire face with the Aquafina Facial Mist and also spray some into the lid of the foundation jar. Then I tap some of the foundation into the lid where the water is. Next, I use the EDM flat top brush the swirl the powder and water together, then buff onto my face. I continue donig this until I get the coverage I want. I finish with the EDM Finishing Dust dry.

This process gives me flawless looking skin and stays throughout the day pretty well. I will have to say that I also stay pretty matte throughout the day with only a little shine on my forehead.

Overall I am really liking this foundation. If you try it and aren't liking it, just try different applications as it could make a lot of difference. I was about to give up on it until I tried it wet. I will definitely repurchase as it is so cheap and good for my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I absolutely love this makeup. I bought 3 sample kits with 9 different foundation shades to find my best match. THEY ALL WORKED! I mixed them all together in a huge jar and I now have more mineral foundation than I received in my whole $70.00 Bare Escentuals Starting kit. When I buy a full sized jar instead of buying BE I can get the same amount of Everyday Minerals for HALF THE PRICE.

All my huge, clogged pores, painful pimples, and itchy skin is now healing up. I never had those issues until Bare Escentuals. Everyday Minerals is now helping to heal my skin. I can't feel the makeup on my face, my face doesn't itch, and the coverage is pretty good. It keeps my oil slick face looking matte all day. You almost can't put too much of this makeup on! No shiney, brown, dirty looking skin like with BE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by liquidfir

I have sensitive, acne prone skin. talk about major outbreaks whenever i change foundation *touch wood* this works good.

i found a perfect shade/tone in golden-LIGHT.
i lightly dust on multi-tasking concealer and then lightly dust on the foundation. and i tried wearing this when i exercise
(yea i have to hide my imperfections even while jogging).
it lasted through sweat and the amazing thing is even after the sweat dries off, it remains relatively matte. i am an oil producing machine when it comes to my face, and this is really good. i will definitely get more.

i am a SFF NC25 by the way

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thank you to the wonderful ladies here on MUA I learned about EM and their sampling kit. What a great idea! For my first kit I ordered 2 foundations in intensive formula and only one in the matte formula. I wish I had ordered all matte. Bur for my second sample kit I ordered all matte. I found that the matte was perfect and made my skin look airbrushed. PERFECT! I think the staying power of the matte is still a little weak, I am hoping the silk dust I just ordered will take care of that. Also, I finally found a foundation color that matched my hard to match skin perfectly. For reference I am MAC NC37 and the EM Buttered Tan is perfect!
UPDATE: I still enjoy this foundation and I use it occasionally, the problem is it really accentuates even the tinitest of flakies. This is now a backup foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by blufunk

DDD NC45

I really like this product. I've been wanting to try mineral makeup to help with my combo-oily skin. My concerns about mineral makeup was finding the right shade that would not oxidize into a red, orange mess and finding a formula without any harmful ingredients.

I tried a sample of EM matte foundation in Tan. I used my Prescriptives skunk brush. It went on smoothly. The color is a great match and stayed true all day long. It does absorb oil on it's own, I use a primer underneath. A kabuki brush will give u more coverage but i like it light.

I tan in the summer so this shade will not work for me so i'm going to try the darker shade. I will update!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by SnowJaz

Ok coverage, oil control is ok too, but breaks me out after using it the 2nd or 3rd time. Would not try this formula again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i recently rec'd my free sample kit. through the reviews i ordered the buttered tan, natural med beige, and winged butter incase the rest were too dark. im fair-med nc 30-35 in mac. i am happy to say natural med beige is a perfect match and buttered tan was a tad off. the matte foundation is not extremeley matte, it looks and feel semi-matte which is ok for my combo skin. i still have my bare minerals kit but i think i will be ordering this from now on . i hate that sheen that bare minerals have. im not returning it only bc of the brushes
edit: after a wk i noticed i needed to reapply pretty often and the makeup did not last all day or even 5 hrs. so i will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by TeaMonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This is the greatest foundation on the planet. Ever.

The matte formula goes on sheer, evens out the skin without looking chalky or like a mask; does a god job with controlling oil, but I still need to use the Silk Dust to make the matte finish last.
I can wear Olive Fair, Buff Fair Neutral and even Cool Fair depending on the clothing, other makeup, the time of the year and lighting (day or evening).
I use Beige Fairly Light as an under-eye concealer. It's too dark for me to use as a foundation, but because of this, and because it look slightly peachy on me, it covers my greenish under-eye circles perfectly, blends in beautifully without trying too hard or looking chalky or *off*.
The company gives away free samples (a brilliant idea) and this gives you an opportunity to find a perfect finish and color match. The packaging allows for mixing foundations if you're in between colors.
A little goes a long way. You can layer for more coverage, however, for more prominent spots, spider veins, under-eye circles etc. a concealer is needed.
If you have red overtones, I suggest trying very little Golden Fair, Olive Fair foundation or Mint concealer under your foundation to counter the redness, as the redness can make an otherwise perfect color match appear off.
As for judging if the foundation matches or not, inspect it in a mirror in daylight. Don't judge it from photos because it can appear lighter or darker or simply different than it actually is - that is because ZnO and TiO are not camera-ready.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by kayteea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me just say that EDM's prices are great..better quality than BE for a friggen fraction of the price:) I got two sample kits, one being matte and the other, semi-matte. I usually tend to go for matte everything, but I personally think the semi-matte is better for me in this case. Yes, matte does have better lasting power, but I do not like how it wears. I have oily skin and after wearing this for about 8 hours, it starts looking a little blotchy and dry..not so natural. No matter how little I try to apply, it ends up looking too heavy for me. I'm glad it works great for a lot of people but it doesn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by adri721

This is my HG foundation. I have combination skin that gets oily really fast around my T-zone and flaky dry near the bottom of my cheeks. The matte formula does an amazing job at taking away the shine while also not drying out the rest of my face. I do always use moisturizer though before applying any makeup. The coverage is excellent and the color matches my skin well.

I used to wear BE and I absolutely hated the weird sheen of their products. Thanks to Makeupalley, I found out about Everyday Minerals and I am never going back to BE. The price of EM also can't be beat. Especially if you order one of the custom kits. I got the personal custom kit and at $32 total for 6 items, I paid just over $5 for a full sized 8g foundation. I can't believe I got so ripped off paying $60 for a tiny intro kit from BE. I am a complete EM convert now and recommend this brand to everyone without hesitation.