September 30, 2014 | 1758 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I had such high hopes for this product, but was disappointed as soon as I applied it to my skin. How does "Matte" equate to a shiny finish? As soon as it was applied, it left a shiny residue on my nose, forehead, cheeks, and chin. It looked like my face after 4 hours of makeup wear. After being on my face for 10 min, I had to blot oil. (I usually don't have to blot until 3 hours of regular makeup)
It also had a weird, skin-tightening feeling, which is odd because I usually don't get a reaction right away like that. I've tried BE and Jane Iredale, along with various other MMU, and they've all left me shiner than ever. Jane Iredale looked great at first and then 20 min later oiler than I ever thought possible. (It also broke me out in tiny pimples alllllllll over my face after two weeks of use, but this was when it had Bysmuth Oxychloride in it). I've wanted to like Mineral makeup so much because I've been living a more natural lifestyle in every other category.
I have acne-prone skin so I know natural is better than synthetic, but not if my skin doesn't like it. I'm sitting here at work and I want to itch my face as I have this EM on. What could be in it that's bothering my skin so much? My pores also look enormous.
I've been using the L'Oreal Quick stick for 12 years and I always end up going back to it after everything else I've tried. I'm getting samples from Monave , Silk Naturals, and Elegant Minerals. I'll update if I find a product my skin doesn't freak out to. I know how important it is for us Oily-skinned girls to share what works for us.

Raesin Images has a line of completely matte foundations that I think would work better for those who didn't like EM. It doesnt bother my skin at all, but doesn't hold up well to shine, but maybe it would for those who aren't quite as oily as me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this a good review because I do think that EM is excellent quality make-up at an unbeatable price. However, after wearing it for almost a year I am giving up. I have extremely oily skin, which is not a good combination with mineral make-up. EM does a lot better at controlling my oil than other mineral make-ups, but it is still a constant battle to keep the grease away! So I'm going back to liquid founation. But, for those of you who have more normal skin, you will LOVE this foundation. It covers great (especially when you use the flat top brush), it looks so natural, you don't feel like you are wearing any make-up, it's all natural and organic, it's cheap, and you get free samples!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Sarmouse

I have to start by saying that I love to try new foundations and am always on the search for that perfect match in terms of color, coverage, and feel. So far, I am liking this foundation a lot. I have oily/combo/acne-prone skin that is very pale. I use the Sandy Fair in the Matte formulation.

At first I didn't like the coverage as I do have some acne and scarring to cover up. It seemed I couldn't get enough coverage and it was almost like I had nothing on at all! Then I read on the boards about using it wet. So I did and what a difference! Here is my technique.

I start with the Tinted Silk Dust from EDM by applying a light brushing all over my face. Then I mist my entire face with the Aquafina Facial Mist and also spray some into the lid of the foundation jar. Then I tap some of the foundation into the lid where the water is. Next, I use the EDM flat top brush the swirl the powder and water together, then buff onto my face. I continue donig this until I get the coverage I want. I finish with the EDM Finishing Dust dry.

This process gives me flawless looking skin and stays throughout the day pretty well. I will have to say that I also stay pretty matte throughout the day with only a little shine on my forehead.

Overall I am really liking this foundation. If you try it and aren't liking it, just try different applications as it could make a lot of difference. I was about to give up on it until I tried it wet. I will definitely repurchase as it is so cheap and good for my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I absolutely love this makeup. I bought 3 sample kits with 9 different foundation shades to find my best match. THEY ALL WORKED! I mixed them all together in a huge jar and I now have more mineral foundation than I received in my whole $70.00 Bare Escentuals Starting kit. When I buy a full sized jar instead of buying BE I can get the same amount of Everyday Minerals for HALF THE PRICE.

All my huge, clogged pores, painful pimples, and itchy skin is now healing up. I never had those issues until Bare Escentuals. Everyday Minerals is now helping to heal my skin. I can't feel the makeup on my face, my face doesn't itch, and the coverage is pretty good. It keeps my oil slick face looking matte all day. You almost can't put too much of this makeup on! No shiney, brown, dirty looking skin like with BE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by liquidfir

I have sensitive, acne prone skin. talk about major outbreaks whenever i change foundation *touch wood* this works good.

i found a perfect shade/tone in golden-LIGHT.
i lightly dust on multi-tasking concealer and then lightly dust on the foundation. and i tried wearing this when i exercise
(yea i have to hide my imperfections even while jogging).
it lasted through sweat and the amazing thing is even after the sweat dries off, it remains relatively matte. i am an oil producing machine when it comes to my face, and this is really good. i will definitely get more.

i am a SFF NC25 by the way

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thank you to the wonderful ladies here on MUA I learned about EM and their sampling kit. What a great idea! For my first kit I ordered 2 foundations in intensive formula and only one in the matte formula. I wish I had ordered all matte. Bur for my second sample kit I ordered all matte. I found that the matte was perfect and made my skin look airbrushed. PERFECT! I think the staying power of the matte is still a little weak, I am hoping the silk dust I just ordered will take care of that. Also, I finally found a foundation color that matched my hard to match skin perfectly. For reference I am MAC NC37 and the EM Buttered Tan is perfect!
UPDATE: I still enjoy this foundation and I use it occasionally, the problem is it really accentuates even the tinitest of flakies. This is now a backup foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by blufunk

DDD NC45

I really like this product. I've been wanting to try mineral makeup to help with my combo-oily skin. My concerns about mineral makeup was finding the right shade that would not oxidize into a red, orange mess and finding a formula without any harmful ingredients.

I tried a sample of EM matte foundation in Tan. I used my Prescriptives skunk brush. It went on smoothly. The color is a great match and stayed true all day long. It does absorb oil on it's own, I use a primer underneath. A kabuki brush will give u more coverage but i like it light.

I tan in the summer so this shade will not work for me so i'm going to try the darker shade. I will update!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by SnowJaz

Ok coverage, oil control is ok too, but breaks me out after using it the 2nd or 3rd time. Would not try this formula again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i recently rec'd my free sample kit. through the reviews i ordered the buttered tan, natural med beige, and winged butter incase the rest were too dark. im fair-med nc 30-35 in mac. i am happy to say natural med beige is a perfect match and buttered tan was a tad off. the matte foundation is not extremeley matte, it looks and feel semi-matte which is ok for my combo skin. i still have my bare minerals kit but i think i will be ordering this from now on . i hate that sheen that bare minerals have. im not returning it only bc of the brushes
edit: after a wk i noticed i needed to reapply pretty often and the makeup did not last all day or even 5 hrs. so i will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by TeaMonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This is the greatest foundation on the planet. Ever.

The matte formula goes on sheer, evens out the skin without looking chalky or like a mask; does a god job with controlling oil, but I still need to use the Silk Dust to make the matte finish last.
I can wear Olive Fair, Buff Fair Neutral and even Cool Fair depending on the clothing, other makeup, the time of the year and lighting (day or evening).
I use Beige Fairly Light as an under-eye concealer. It's too dark for me to use as a foundation, but because of this, and because it look slightly peachy on me, it covers my greenish under-eye circles perfectly, blends in beautifully without trying too hard or looking chalky or *off*.
The company gives away free samples (a brilliant idea) and this gives you an opportunity to find a perfect finish and color match. The packaging allows for mixing foundations if you're in between colors.
A little goes a long way. You can layer for more coverage, however, for more prominent spots, spider veins, under-eye circles etc. a concealer is needed.
If you have red overtones, I suggest trying very little Golden Fair, Olive Fair foundation or Mint concealer under your foundation to counter the redness, as the redness can make an otherwise perfect color match appear off.
As for judging if the foundation matches or not, inspect it in a mirror in daylight. Don't judge it from photos because it can appear lighter or darker or simply different than it actually is - that is because ZnO and TiO are not camera-ready.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No