April 20, 2014 | 1677 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I absolutely love this makeup. I bought 3 sample kits with 9 different foundation shades to find my best match. THEY ALL WORKED! I mixed them all together in a huge jar and I now have more mineral foundation than I received in my whole $70.00 Bare Escentuals Starting kit. When I buy a full sized jar instead of buying BE I can get the same amount of Everyday Minerals for HALF THE PRICE.

All my huge, clogged pores, painful pimples, and itchy skin is now healing up. I never had those issues until Bare Escentuals. Everyday Minerals is now helping to heal my skin. I can't feel the makeup on my face, my face doesn't itch, and the coverage is pretty good. It keeps my oil slick face looking matte all day. You almost can't put too much of this makeup on! No shiney, brown, dirty looking skin like with BE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 9:11:00 AM More reviews by liquidfir

I have sensitive, acne prone skin. talk about major outbreaks whenever i change foundation *touch wood* this works good.

i found a perfect shade/tone in golden-LIGHT.
i lightly dust on multi-tasking concealer and then lightly dust on the foundation. and i tried wearing this when i exercise
(yea i have to hide my imperfections even while jogging).
it lasted through sweat and the amazing thing is even after the sweat dries off, it remains relatively matte. i am an oil producing machine when it comes to my face, and this is really good. i will definitely get more.

i am a SFF NC25 by the way

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thank you to the wonderful ladies here on MUA I learned about EM and their sampling kit. What a great idea! For my first kit I ordered 2 foundations in intensive formula and only one in the matte formula. I wish I had ordered all matte. Bur for my second sample kit I ordered all matte. I found that the matte was perfect and made my skin look airbrushed. PERFECT! I think the staying power of the matte is still a little weak, I am hoping the silk dust I just ordered will take care of that. Also, I finally found a foundation color that matched my hard to match skin perfectly. For reference I am MAC NC37 and the EM Buttered Tan is perfect!
UPDATE: I still enjoy this foundation and I use it occasionally, the problem is it really accentuates even the tinitest of flakies. This is now a backup foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by blufunk

DDD NC45

I really like this product. I've been wanting to try mineral makeup to help with my combo-oily skin. My concerns about mineral makeup was finding the right shade that would not oxidize into a red, orange mess and finding a formula without any harmful ingredients.

I tried a sample of EM matte foundation in Tan. I used my Prescriptives skunk brush. It went on smoothly. The color is a great match and stayed true all day long. It does absorb oil on it's own, I use a primer underneath. A kabuki brush will give u more coverage but i like it light.

I tan in the summer so this shade will not work for me so i'm going to try the darker shade. I will update!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by SnowJaz

Ok coverage, oil control is ok too, but breaks me out after using it the 2nd or 3rd time. Would not try this formula again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i recently rec'd my free sample kit. through the reviews i ordered the buttered tan, natural med beige, and winged butter incase the rest were too dark. im fair-med nc 30-35 in mac. i am happy to say natural med beige is a perfect match and buttered tan was a tad off. the matte foundation is not extremeley matte, it looks and feel semi-matte which is ok for my combo skin. i still have my bare minerals kit but i think i will be ordering this from now on . i hate that sheen that bare minerals have. im not returning it only bc of the brushes
edit: after a wk i noticed i needed to reapply pretty often and the makeup did not last all day or even 5 hrs. so i will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by TeaMonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This is the greatest foundation on the planet. Ever.

The matte formula goes on sheer, evens out the skin without looking chalky or like a mask; does a god job with controlling oil, but I still need to use the Silk Dust to make the matte finish last.
I can wear Olive Fair, Buff Fair Neutral and even Cool Fair depending on the clothing, other makeup, the time of the year and lighting (day or evening).
I use Beige Fairly Light as an under-eye concealer. It's too dark for me to use as a foundation, but because of this, and because it look slightly peachy on me, it covers my greenish under-eye circles perfectly, blends in beautifully without trying too hard or looking chalky or *off*.
The company gives away free samples (a brilliant idea) and this gives you an opportunity to find a perfect finish and color match. The packaging allows for mixing foundations if you're in between colors.
A little goes a long way. You can layer for more coverage, however, for more prominent spots, spider veins, under-eye circles etc. a concealer is needed.
If you have red overtones, I suggest trying very little Golden Fair, Olive Fair foundation or Mint concealer under your foundation to counter the redness, as the redness can make an otherwise perfect color match appear off.
As for judging if the foundation matches or not, inspect it in a mirror in daylight. Don't judge it from photos because it can appear lighter or darker or simply different than it actually is - that is because ZnO and TiO are not camera-ready.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by kayteea

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me just say that EDM's prices are great..better quality than BE for a friggen fraction of the price:) I got two sample kits, one being matte and the other, semi-matte. I usually tend to go for matte everything, but I personally think the semi-matte is better for me in this case. Yes, matte does have better lasting power, but I do not like how it wears. I have oily skin and after wearing this for about 8 hours, it starts looking a little blotchy and dry..not so natural. No matter how little I try to apply, it ends up looking too heavy for me. I'm glad it works great for a lot of people but it doesn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 5:51:00 PM More reviews by adri721

This is my HG foundation. I have combination skin that gets oily really fast around my T-zone and flaky dry near the bottom of my cheeks. The matte formula does an amazing job at taking away the shine while also not drying out the rest of my face. I do always use moisturizer though before applying any makeup. The coverage is excellent and the color matches my skin well.

I used to wear BE and I absolutely hated the weird sheen of their products. Thanks to Makeupalley, I found out about Everyday Minerals and I am never going back to BE. The price of EM also can't be beat. Especially if you order one of the custom kits. I got the personal custom kit and at $32 total for 6 items, I paid just over $5 for a full sized 8g foundation. I can't believe I got so ripped off paying $60 for a tiny intro kit from BE. I am a complete EM convert now and recommend this brand to everyone without hesitation.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 12:17:00 PM More reviews by theotherbox

First of all I must say I live in Houston, Texas where it is always 80%+ humidity!! I need something that will keep my face oily skin from looking like I bathed in grease!! I wore BE in Medium for over 2 years, and did not like the shine that would form an hour later.

I ordered several samples from Everyday Minerals and Alima minerals (www.alimacosmetics.com). Both were matte finishes that were recommend for oily skin. Everyday Minerals in Medium Matte was a perferct match to my skin tone and covered alot more than BE, but it also did not feel like I wearing alot of makeup. I like to keep my makeup as natural as possible, but still be able to cover my flaws. Alima (Neutral 4) provided way more coverage than EM & BE, but for me...personally it was a little too much. (Even though my friends still said it looked like I wasn't wearing any make up.) However, I do believe Alima did a better job at keeping the oil slicks away. After switching back and forth between the two products... I finally decided to order the EM foundation.

After reading dozens of reviews, many suggest that EM is way cheaper. Well...yeah the price is lower than the avg jar of BE materials, but is anyone doing the math of how much you are paying per gram? I found all the mineral make ups (BE, EM, and Alima) to all run about the same price. In fact I would rank them for cheapest to most expensive...Alima, EM, and then BE. But one way to reduce cost when ordering EM is to order the custom kits you can create and select yourself. I ordered the "Personal Customer Kit" for $32 (about $40 w/shipping). I customized my kit to have 2 foundations, 2 finishing powders, 1 Concealer in Mint (which is absolutely awesome!!!!), and one lip color. If I wore to order all of the prices without the custom package...for the same items in the same amount, it would come out to $60!! NOT including S&H!!!!

I would suggest everyone to order the FREE samples from EM, and the $1.00 samples with a good generous amounts from Alima. And make a comparison for yourself. In fact, I will be keeping my Alima samples around for the "important days" (weddings, formal events, interviews....)

Also to keep the oil & shine away, Please read the reviews on Milk of Magnesia..I HIGHLY recommend it!!!