April 21, 2014 | 1073 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2006 8:17:00 AM More reviews by gemmsi

I bought this mascara as I was going on holiday and wanted a mascara to wear in the pool that wasn't going to smudge or run down my cheeks! I really liked this product. If you put it on and wait for it to dry before going outside, I found that it really stayed put. I went swimming, even under the water, and it remained in place. At the end of the day, it had smudged a little under my eyes, and was really hard to remove (you need to invest in a really good eye make-up remover) but I thought it was pretty impressive overall, and would definitely buy it again for my next holiday.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2006 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Yurpdod

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

TERRIBLE! I would never buy this again. I dont even expect that much from mascara. The only reason why I use mascara in the first place is just to change the color of my eyelashes (they're brown and I want them black), and this mascara cant even do that! Also, my least favorite thing about this mascara is that it takes FOREVER to dry. I'm not even kidding, it takes over a minute for this crap to dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by puppilvnj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is the worst! It is so clumpy and brittle I don't know why I decided to give it another try. I have a big mascara collection and I saw this one the other day and thought maybe it's not as bad as I remembered. Wrong!! I found this stuff drying out my lashes and flaking off. There was no curl, lenghtening or fullness to my lashes, either. Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2006 5:18:00 AM More reviews by spence242

The mascara is awfull! It is SO dry and broke my lashes.
Do not use this for a fresh, natural (too clumpy) or dramatic (not lengthening enough) look. In fact, dont use it at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2006 6:16:00 PM More reviews by greenling

It's a great daytime thing and resists coming off - I have caught little lines of it under my eyes after a big night out but otherwise, pretty reliable. If you want lash drama, go for Bourjois Coup de Theatre, but as long as you have an eyelash curler at the ready, this can sort you out - makes you look pretty in the daytime without overdoing it. Most reliable cheap mascara I've tried yet.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2006 3:53:00 AM More reviews by mjlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Probably, hands down, the WORST mascara i have ever used. I had to really pile it on ... and its just gross - made my long lashes look short, thin and stubby! Aand almost impossible to remove (with make up remover for waterproof mascara) ... hated it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2006 4:37:00 PM More reviews by rubie

My sister says how good this product is and makes a big difference--so I gave it a try and somehow didn't work for me. It smudges all over and didn't do the work as it should. Maybe I should give it another try but I was very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2006 8:01:00 AM More reviews by toxik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought one. I fell in love with it. Made several repurchases so far. It could be just me, though because I havent go through a full range of mascaras, but I'm fine with this one. It lengthens, but doesnt really give volume.

EDIT: Smudged like sh*t when i coated it on my lower lashes yesterday after not using it for sometime (i have oily skin though)
Lippies reduced from 4 to 2.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by flyyy372

This is a waterproof mascara that won't really thicken your lashes. It does lengthen them after a few coats. The feel of the mascara itself isn't thick and luxurious but rather dry and "bare minimum". If you're looking for a VERY natural look from a waterproof mascara this is for you. I'm pretty natural myself but even this wasn't thick or smooth-feeling enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2006 1:18:00 AM More reviews by dollmonster

This stuff is VERY waterproof when it's dry, and soap proof too. I had to use vaseline to get it off. It didn't do very much for my lashes, but it does what it's supposed to. Nice for a natural effect if that's what you want. Clump and flake free!