Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

Price: $

on 3/12/2007 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I generally like Maybelline's mascaras, except for this one. I don't understand the hype with this mascara. It left my eyelashes very crunchy & brittle, and it felt like my lashes were going to break off on me. My top and bottom eyelashes also got tangled with each other everytime I blinked. I've tried plenty of other waterproof mascaras that still left my lashes feeling soft (i.e. Full 'N Soft!) The brush is also kind of lame; it's very sparse so I guess it's more for definition and not volume or lengthening purposes. I was not born with lush lashes so I need all the help I can get. This mascara definitely did not help.

on 3/7/2007 1:06:00 AM

Terrible. Not waterproof at all. I was really disappointed and even returned it. This is a classic example of "you get what you pay for." I didn't even laugh myself to tears or go swimming and this junk still came off all on it's own.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I must say, this stuff sucks! I don't understand why it is so popular. Must be the marketing. It is barely there, clumps, drys at just not worth the money.

GREAT mascara! it coats, separates, thickens my lashes. i will def purchase this and im going to try this regular kind as well

on 2/21/2007 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

All Maybelline Waterproof Mascaras seriously SMUDGE on me, period. This was my 1st mascara. I applied it in the morning, and had big raccoon eyes at noon. Now I stay away from Maybelline.

on 2/5/2007 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Despite all the reviews, I like it. It doesn't clump unless you put on more than two layers, and it's actualy a bit more clump-free (in my experience) than CG's non-waterproof lash exact. I think it's because of the brush - the bristles aren't all packed closely together like other clumpy mascara's I've tried. Holds a curl well on my straight lashes. Doesn't give you "glam lashes" like what all the magazines say, but it's a good everyday mascara. I use vaseline as an eye makeup remover and it comes right off.

on 1/27/2007 5:53:00 PM

This mascara is so much better than the non waterproof formula. It smudges so much less. However it only makes lashes look darker. It doesn't give any length, curl or volume to lashes. My lashes are thin and almost invisible without mascara, so it didn't work for me. Oh, it's also really hard to wash off. I won't repurchase.

on 1/15/2007 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this mascara in Soft Black for 2/$5 (a great deal!) It is what I call "industrial strength" waterproof mascara because no matter what I tried, I could not get it off. I tried everything and anything to absolutely no avail. That was the biggest disadvantage of this mascara. Since I couldn't get it off, my lashes were dry and felt gross. Other than that, this mascara gave me super-long lashes and thickened them. It was also slightly drier than other mascaras, which I liked because it dried quickly and never smeared or flaked. It also had minimal clumps.

I would buy this mascara again if I had a special event like a wedding or through a snowstorm because I know that it never comes off! But for normal everyday wear, it's a bit harsh. Also, this seems to last approx. 2-3 months only but since it is dirt cheap (and you can find it on sale often) that's not really a problem.

on 12/25/2006 5:54:00 PM

LOVE this mascara.....great product for a reasonable price. I have always heard good reviews about this product and I tried it once and didn't like it for some reason so now some years later I tried it again and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I do like Kiss Me mascara but I like this better because it is cheaper and it makes my lashes look full and dark. Love it!!

on 12/15/2006 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, so I bought this cheap mascara thinking maybe I could get away w/ a cheap cosmetic product. Boy was I wrong!!! This clumped up and stayed wet on my lashes for a while. Then, throughout the day (closer to the end) it would rub off around my eyes. I became a racoon. I don't need to use a seperate cleanser b/c Cetaphil gets it off great.