September 18, 2014 | 1927 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by auxx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this mascara for years. It stays on really well too well, actually. The only thing I can get it off with is Almay eye makeup remover pads (the non-oily ones). So although I like the lasting power, I've reached the breaking point with this stuff. It is SOOO clumpy! I scrape and scrape the wand on the edge of the container, but I still can't get enough mascara off to escape clump-free. I'm just tired of it. Hopefully I can find a better one here on MakeupAlley.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2006 4:42:00 AM More reviews by devilina138

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The non-waterproof Great Lash is a pretty good mascara, but this formula is REALLY clumpy. It's also ridiculously hard to get off, even with eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2006 8:10:00 PM More reviews by alisonlm7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in dark brown, which is a good everyday mascara color for me (redhead). It is definitely waterproof on me, no "raccoon eyes" for the whole day, even when I put it on my bottom lashes. It doesn't budge until I remove it with a makeup-removing cleanser or vaseline. I apply it with a light hand, and it clumps slightly, but I can fix it up quickly. I think applying it by doing it zig zaggy, if that makes sense, works the best. Starting at the root of your top lashes and move back and forth as you go up. Bottoms can go the same way, or just touch the wand to the bottom lashes. I think Great Lash mascara is good for those who already have long, curly, lush lashes, or something close to that. It reminds me of a lash tint in that way, but maybe a little better at lengthening. It's good for a daytime look, not a "oh are those false lashes?" night club look.

I don't know why it's so often picked as the best d/s mascara. I truly believe it has a lot to do with the packaging colors. Easy to find in the big makeup bag pinks and greens. Maybelline has come out with some better mascaras (I like Full n Soft), but this one seems to be the classic. I see it in a lot of makeup bags. Even in the ones chock full of high end products!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2006 2:21:00 PM More reviews by caca102

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't know why these are on all the "best of" lists in beauty magazines. I think Maybelline and other companies have similar, if not better, products out there for similar prices. It leaves clumps that have to be combed out before it dries but it is indeed waterproof. I don't hate it but there is nothing execptional about it either. Their Volume Express actually builds up volume a lot better (one coat only!) and makes fewer clumps.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by stluciabride

water-proof formula is good, doesn't budge, smudge or clump..... but my Mary Kay e/m remover never quite gets it all off (and it takes off ALL other waterproof products!). I wake up with broken eye lashes on my pillowcase :-(
I'm going to have to switch, this stuff is like super glue!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2006 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Myaspace

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this mascara during this summer for 2-3 months despite of some of the bad reviews here.

I am ok with this product. Good enough for the price. I will probably repurchase. My favorite mascara is still Shu Uemura. Clrains also carrys a great product called Fix'Mascara which will make your regular mascara to waterproof. Those are my favorites but Great Lash Waterproof is ok with me as well. It's easy to get it (drugstore is just around the corner from where I live) and sometimes it's on sale. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2006 8:17:00 AM More reviews by gemmsi

I bought this mascara as I was going on holiday and wanted a mascara to wear in the pool that wasn't going to smudge or run down my cheeks! I really liked this product. If you put it on and wait for it to dry before going outside, I found that it really stayed put. I went swimming, even under the water, and it remained in place. At the end of the day, it had smudged a little under my eyes, and was really hard to remove (you need to invest in a really good eye make-up remover) but I thought it was pretty impressive overall, and would definitely buy it again for my next holiday.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2006 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Yurpdod

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

TERRIBLE! I would never buy this again. I dont even expect that much from mascara. The only reason why I use mascara in the first place is just to change the color of my eyelashes (they're brown and I want them black), and this mascara cant even do that! Also, my least favorite thing about this mascara is that it takes FOREVER to dry. I'm not even kidding, it takes over a minute for this crap to dry.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by puppilvnj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is the worst! It is so clumpy and brittle I don't know why I decided to give it another try. I have a big mascara collection and I saw this one the other day and thought maybe it's not as bad as I remembered. Wrong!! I found this stuff drying out my lashes and flaking off. There was no curl, lenghtening or fullness to my lashes, either. Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2006 5:18:00 AM More reviews by spence242

The mascara is awfull! It is SO dry and broke my lashes.
Do not use this for a fresh, natural (too clumpy) or dramatic (not lengthening enough) look. In fact, dont use it at all!