MAC Sheertone Shimmer - Springsheen

4.5

on 1/2/2009 6:55:00 PM

Lovely color: coral with gold shimmer. But I have dilated pores so this blush empresses them (because of that 4 lippies). But when you try to build up a color, more shimmer builds up, than actual color. But for the people who do not have that problem (big pores), absolutely MUST HAVE!!!!! Perfect for the summer. Specially nice when you smile.

on 12/30/2008 12:12:00 AM

I recently purchased the Mac sheertone shimmer blush in springsheen and i cant say enough about it. It's perfect for my skin tone which is a light to medium and i am so happy i got it it lasts for hour and looks great its a really natural look so in certain light you cant tell that its on because its so natural looking. Depending on how much you build it on your face you can get a natural look which i like or dramatic for going out at night. Overall deff. one of my fave products i would deff. recommend. so worth the money!
it does have sparkle so if thats something you dont like then i wouldn't buy

on 12/22/2008 8:41:00 PM

This blush is ok, great for medium-skinned people who want to add a natural tint to their face. I am around NC35, NC30 in the winter, use BE golden medium right now and it doesn't seem to show up enough for my liking. Either BE does not facilitate blush sticking or I have developed a more intense drag-queen preference for blushes, I don't know. But I say if you want a pop of coral color go for salsarose or something like that from the pro permanent line.

EDIT: it's because i was using BE that the blush wasn't sticking. I have since started using liquid foundation and MY what a lovely, healthy burst of color!!

on 12/21/2008 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Omg, this is my faveee blush ever!!! It's a pretty, bright pink with a hint of shimmer. Looks amazing for both daytime and nighttime. I think it's comparable to NARS' Orgasm but for less at $18. It's definitely my go-to blush and very pigmented. Love the color and the color pay-off.

on 12/18/2008 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I love this blush! It is a great coral/orange color that really warms up my olive skin. It makes my skin look glowing and really bright. I use this blush alot when I don't want to do alot of other makeup. It does have alot of pigment so I use the stippling brush to apply the color so it looks soft and disfussed. This is a good color for sallow skin like mine because it really looks more natural than a bright pink (though I love bright pink too!). I think this is just a nice basic everyday blush but maybe one that may be too much to do with alot of other makeup. If i wear alot of shadow I chose Magrin, which is kind of a more subdued version of Springsheen. Would def. not work good on pinkish skin, would look clownish.

on 12/8/2008 10:09:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite blush. I love the how it blends and can build in intensity so it doesn't start off highly pigmented right away. I am NW 15 and this goes great with my skin tone. I also use Peachykeen sometimes, not as much as Springsheen though.

I will definitely repurchase when I run out of my current one.

on 12/5/2008 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had haunted the MAC counter when the Barbie collection came out. It was my first flirt with MAC products. So after purchasing a few items from that collection my fasination grew with all things MAC :) I wanted to try a blush from them and wanted something that would as wearable with warmer colors as with cooler ones as well. The ma kind of pushed this one on me even though my instincts were kinda like... not. But I purchased it anyway. Boy those slick, talkative ma's are sneaky. I took it home. I have worn it a few times but I just can't make myself love it. I have quite a drive to my closest MAC counter so I didn't return it just kind of passed it on to a friend. Although I just recently purchased Cubic and love it. Its quite a camelon its just a go to everyday color.

on 12/3/2008 10:15:00 AM

This is supposedly MAC's version of NARS Orgasm, and while they are very similar, Springsheen is definitely worth getting for it's own color. When you compare Orgasm and Springsheen side by side. Springsheen is more golden, and has a sheen rather than a glittery sparkle like Orgasm. I love sheertone blushes because they are buildable and can work for all different skintones.

I used this a lot in the spring and summer. It is a bright color for my very fair asian skin. Works much better than sunbasque for me (I just might not be using it with the right technique). Peachy, with definite slightly magenta-pink, and golden flecks. Pretty.

on 11/20/2008 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first mac blush and it's still one of my favourites! I would describe the colour as a soft baby peach with golden shimmer, but you can layer it so that it's more intense! The shimmer in it is beautiful, it's really not too much!
I couldn't decide between this and peachykeen, on my skin they looked quite similar, but peachykeen was more intense/red-orange, so I decided to go fo the lighter look :-)
I'm a C4.