August 23, 2014 | 1301 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2007 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Surreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not only does the ink gel itself costs a BOMB, the eyeliner brush adds another hole to my pocket. I really don't get all the raves about this product. The brush gets out of shape after awhile, and sometimes the eyeliner smudges on my upper and lower eyelids. I have never had this upper eyelid smudging problem with other gel/liquid eyeliners. But it is indeed lasting. I'll give it that...otherwise....over-rated.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by coffeding

rich black, never smudge. i love this eyeliner!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 9:25:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only eyeliner I've found that is truly waterproof. It really is pitch black. The cost is a little expensive for eyeliner but it does last a long time. Mine has dried out around the edges but there's still plenty, though I don't wear it on a daily basis because I prefer something quicker and more natural looking. It also takes a while to get used to applying this with a brush, especially if you're used to liquid and pencil liners.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2007 4:46:00 AM More reviews by Britannia8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is ok, but I ended up falling in love with Urban Decay 24/7 pencil liner in zero. I just find a pencil easier to apply and smudge. The gel was just too thick and unflattering a line on me, and I like the look a pencil liner gives me so much better. Otherwise this is pretty good, and stays on well

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2007 8:47:00 AM More reviews by JClarke

I think the name of this product is a bit of a misnomer. It's not really a gel, more of a creamy cake eyeliner. It is quite easy to apply and is reasonably long-wearing. My main problem with this however is that it dries out so quickly. By the time you've had the pot for a couple of weeks the content starts to dry out quite rapidly, until eventually it's so dry it's quite unusable and it has to be thrown away. I'm not leaving the pot lid off so maybe it's just that I don't use it as often as other reviewers. But for that reason, it would be a waste of money to re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 1:46:00 AM More reviews by niseixtenshi

Way better than MAC's Blacktrack! This stuff stays put and doesn't irritate my eyes like blacktrack does. Can't wait to get more colors!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2007 3:54:00 PM More reviews by shyviolet

My new HG eyeliner. Eyeliner is really the only thing that I wear every day, and I have tried them all. Pencils usually smudge on me, liquids are really hard to put on, and I am surprised that it took this long for me to try a gel. Given the workable texture of a gel, I thought for sure that it would smudge and not stay put.

This stuff goes on almost as easy as a pencil - much easier than a liquid. After you apply it, there is a short period of time where you can smudge it a bit, but after that it is there all day until you take it off.

This is by far the best liner I have ever used. The color is a rich, true black. Also, it does not irritate my eyes at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 10:58:00 PM More reviews by jmcoco

I thought it couldn't get any better than MAC gel liners until I tried this one. I'm i love! This eyeliner goes on super black and stays all day, even in the high humidity I live in. It's super easy to apply and has a better consistancy than MAC. I just apply and set with a loose powder or eyeshadow and I'm set for the day...and night.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2007 10:46:00 PM More reviews by blackeyedgirl

I love this liner. It goes on very smoothly and doesn't wear off. Use it with a MAC 266 slanted liner brush for best results.
Edit: I actually prefer using my 209 brush with this as it gives a thinner line and is just as easy to control.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2007 3:30:00 AM More reviews by asabo

This was my very first gel liner and I liked it...it was easy to apply and converted me to gel liners! But now I've moved on to the MAC Fluidline because the BB one dried out and started flaking after a while. Also, the MAC one is cheaper, and stays on better. I found however that the blackness of the BB gel to be darker.