November 23, 2014 | 904 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by GrumpyAngel222

WOW! This stuff is Amazing! This is exactly what I have been looking for, essentially. Even my husband has commented on how my complexion has improved since using this for masks. I consider myself somewhat of a product junkie- mask whore, so I am always on the search for the best stuff to help my skin. I am oily-acne prone, with hormonal cystic acne. I use Apple Cider Vinegar and mix in "extras" with each new batch. This last batch I opened a Fish oil/Borage Oil capsule and mixed it in, to add in some moisture. My skin does get really red and itchy when using this, but it does calm down after a bit. It does "pull" and "pulsate" your face, and loosens pores and gets all that junk out. I will definitely repurchase once I run out. I ordered a pretty big jug, and it will last for a long time. PLUS, if you order from iherb.com, use code: XON769, you will get $5.00 off your first order. And, free shipping on U.S. orders over $20.00, and no tax! AWESOME! =)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by some1ukno

I would not recommend this product for people with dry skin. I am quite picky when it comes to facial masks. So the mask is not horrible, it is just not great. The first few seconds after the facial my face is super smooth. Couple hours it is dry flakey skin. I put moisturizer immediately after facial and it does not work. I am a wrinkle-phobe...and I can see the wrinkles are more prominent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by babochka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm very pleased with this mask, it cleared up my acne very fast and since using it I feel my skin is very tight and my pores are less visible.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ballerine1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best mask I have ever tried and the only one I think is necessary.

My skin fluctuates between being normal and combination. A while back, I had a lot of acne and although the worst is over, I still have some mild scarring and issues with some pores. This stuff sucks everything out! It really is INCREDIBLE!

I have to plan ahead though, since I like to keep it on for at least 30 minutes and I find that it itches like crazy if I move my face in the least. So I only put this when I have time to lie down.

I've tried it with ACV. Works great! It is a little harsh that way though so I would advise people with very sensitive skin to take it off sooner. To remove, I do splash my face with warm water until the mask softens, because once it dries it really has a strong grip on your skin and rubbing it off would cause damage.

Lately, I have been mixing it with yogurt. I actually really prefer it this way. It is still really powerful, but it doesn't itch as much when I have it on and there is something soothing about the yogurt that works well with this. Anyway, you have to try it yourself.

Of course, this will not work for everyone. Chronic acne (which I once had) is often caused by something internal, such as an imbalance in the body (hormonal, bacterial, etc.) which needs to be addressed by a practitioner that has experience with balancing/detoxing the body (chinese medicine, ayurvedic medicine, naturopaths, etc.) If the body needs to detox, no cream or mask can stop it from doing so.
But if you have issues with oily skin, clogged pores, blackheads, pimples, you will probably adore this stuff!!!

This clay doesn't smell (it is the ACV that has a really strong smell), it's cheap, it is natural, it lasts forever, you can mix it with different ingredients depending on what your skin needs, and it is one of those rare products that actually does what it claims to do...
PERFECTION!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by princess2010

This is THE best mask! It works! The packaging says it pulsates and it's not lying. You can actually feel your face pulsating. This mask has actually brought pimples to a head that I didn't even know I had! It helps cystic acne heal faster and cleans out pores. I highly recommend it! You mix it with equal parts apple cider vinegar and mask. I spread it on with a fan brush then let it sit and pulsate. When it comes time to take it off it's best to put a warm cloth on your face and loosen it up. Your face will be red when it comes off but that's normal and will go away. I use it once a week unless I have spots I need to go away faster. You can spot treat with it too and just put it over a pimple or cyst instead of your whole face. The mask is pretty inexpensive and lasts FOREVER! Several of my friends have this mask and we all love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by rbledsoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product since 1999. I have used it with both water and apple cider vinegar, the instructions actually tell you to use the acv and the results are astounding! I have terribly oily skin and since I have been using this product I have been able to calm and heal my skin blemishes, I use this on my back and chest area as well when needed.
The product brings up the impurities to the surface and gets rid of them over time. People whose reviews I read that had a problem with blackheads becoming worse should realize that the mask does this and this is how it works..it cleanses from the inside out and the blackheads will be exfoliated after a few times.
I have learned not to leave this product on for more than 30 minutes as it can actually "burn" fair/sensitive skin which I have.
This product is wonderful and will continue to be a part of my weekly treatment process.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff, been using it for about a year and while I can't say it has made a huge difference to my skin, I simply can't resist the whole preparation/application process ;)

This product is a must for me to prevent breakouts whenever I feel I used a 'wrong' product. I get clogged easily. This mask really helps. I use it once or twice a week. I mix it with ACV and wait for the fizzing to stop, then apply a thin layer of the paste to my face. Wait for it to dry, wash off and apply moisturizer. Simple, effective and... a bit smelly.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by mspinkcotton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, this is the only mask worth buying. For any other mask need (i.e. moisturizing mask), I'd make with household ingredients. I have sensitive, acne prone skin. This makes my skin as close to "normal" as it could ever get. Don't hesitate. Get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by emliscio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Seriously this stuff is amazing. I try not to use it too much because its pretty harsh. It really does make your face pulsate! I use equal parts apple cider vinegar and the clay. A little goes a LONG way. Leave it on until it feels really tight. Soften the clay with a warm wash cloth and then wash the rest off. Your face will be red for a while but I always wake up with glowing skin! Definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

This is great IF USED IN MODERATION! I was using it once a week and it really helped to calm my skin down. I got mask happy and used it 3x a week and my skin got pissed, but now I'm back to once a week and it's working well again.

MY METHOD:
I mix about a tablespoon of it with apple cider vinegar and a drop of tea tree oil. I mix it in a dixie cup with a chopstick. Be sure to use apple cider vinegar and not water, water makes it clumpy, while the acv gives it a thick, smooth, whipped texture.
I apply this either with my fingers or a foundation brush. It takes about 10 min to dry, then you start to feel the pulsation. Don't move your face. I leave it on for about 40 min. When it's time to take it off, I look like a crackly faced zombie.

I remove it by taking a wet washcloth and pressing it into the clay to soften it. DON'T SCRUB IT OFF WITHOUT SOFTENING, YOU WILL REALLY HURT YOUR SKIN!. Then I gently wipe it off, and soak the stubborn bits a little more. I'm pretty pale, so my face is bright red for about 45 min after. This is normal. After removing the mask, pat your skin dry, then apply moisturizer. Wait a bit and apply more moisturizer. I do this at night.

The next morning, my skin looks glowy, feels smooth, and my acne hyperpigmentation/current zits look much reduced. If you use this once a week, your skin will be happy.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No