October 2, 2014 | 1489 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2007 11:48:00 PM More reviews by jsfulcher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not oily, integrates well into my skin leaving a natural silky, try touch. Packaging is a bit stiff.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2007 1:35:00 AM More reviews by LizardSheep

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worked well at first but then began to sting my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by LikeDylanInTheMovies

I really wanted to like the product, especially with all the hype of it being weightless and ultra-sheer. I have very oily acne-prone skin that has become sensitive due to retinoids. Unfortunately it balled up really bad (I use Benzaclin underneath), stung, and was extremly gummy. The only good thing about thing sunscreen is that it has a fairly high PPD. It left a very unpleasent texture to my skin. I do not like this product and would not reccomend it. I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2007 11:51:00 AM More reviews by CEELLIS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for the past few months , mainly on my body, with no problems. Recently went on vacation and started using it on my face. I thought it went on well for my combo skin and I could wear make up over it w/out being super greasy, and Idon't find the smell offensive. However, on the 3rd day of use on my face it stung upon application. I spent a better part of that same late afternoon at the zoo and reapplied the product approx every hour, despite spending much of the time in shaded areas. Later that eve after showering my skin felt like it was sunburned and my face / neck / chest had scaly/dry/irritated patches. I dunno if the burning, which persisted for about 2 days (and hadn't reapplied any sunscreen) was from the helioplex failing or from irritation lasting from the sunscreen itself. My girlfriend who has eczema tells me that the patches I have look like eczema, which I've never suffered from before. Won't be buying this product again, going to stick w/the Euro sunscreens. Also, have to note that I am very fair and skin is sensitive but not SUPER, doesn't react poorly to many products, and I don't use any retinoids, etc. on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 8:48:00 PM More reviews by daisyisawesome123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried other sunscreens that said non-oily but they made my skin VERY greasy and shiney. I saw this product of the new and read good reviews about it and decided to try it. So I bought it at wal-mart, it was a bit pricey. I came home and tried it and it was GREAT! It went on so nice and didnt leave my skin greasy or shiney ONE BIT! I used it on my face, neck and ears. The only con is that the bottle is pretty small and doesnt last very long. I only use it on my face. I definatally recomend this prodcut if you are sick of greasy sunscreen. It is 100% worth the price. You get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2007 6:29:00 AM More reviews by tresfemme

I love this non-greasy non-sticky sunblock. It goes on sheer and doesn't make me break out. Also comes in several strengths so you can use the level of protection you want. This is the only sunblock that I will use on my face... I use it for my body also, but as a face SPF, its fabulous. Absolutely no greasy feeling. Wonderful scent and not too costly. Approx. $9 CND.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2007 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Cookie1986

I always buy this because it is the least greasy of all sunblocks i have tried. I use it on my face with no problems, but I avoid my eyelids because it stings them. It makes my skin soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by browneyedvixen1

This is a good sunscreen! The only two negatives, it takes a while to absorb and it balls up in places if it has not been washed off and reapplied. This past weekend I spent jetskiing and sunbathing and I noticed I missed a couple spots one by my hairline and the other on the back of my neck and was I ever red. The other areas covered by sunscreen were fine, no sunburn so I believe that this works. I will continue buying this. I am always open to try other sunscreens though because it isn't perfect

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't have any problems at all with application or wear - I just waited about 10 minutes after applying my normal moisturizer and layered this on. Then I did my makeup about a half hour later, after it had sunk in. BUT, like so many other skincare products, this gave me break-outs. I'm going to stick with Clinique's Super City Block SPF 40, which didn't have that problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2007 8:13:00 PM More reviews by HaloCom

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really dislike wearing sunscreen, but am worried about skin cancer having grown up by the beach and baked through most of my childhood summers. Most of the board favorites, such as the Shiseido and LRP sunscreens, do not work for my face -- they felt heavy and greasy and caused breakouts and irritation.

I decided to try the Neutrogena because it is photostable and was pleasantly surprised. It doesn't feel tacky once it dries or leave a white cast on my face. I'm just finishing up my first tube and am getting fewer breakouts than when I used other sunscreens. I'm doing some treatment for sun damage spots and really slather on this sunscreen; even so, it doesn't feel heavy to me. Makeup (I use MUFE Face & Body on weekdays / powder foundation on weekends) works well over it, as long as it's given time to absorb and dry.

My skin type is probably best described as combination and it took some trial and error to figure out what works best underneath this sunscreen -- too emollient and I turned greasy, not enough moisture and I got flaky. I still dislike wearing sunscreen, but this is as near to perfect as I have found so far, and I'll keep re-purchasing until someone comes out with a time-saving all-in-one moisturizer/sunscreen that gives similar results and protection.