September 21, 2014 | 2020 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2007 10:29:00 AM More reviews by CraxFactor

Tolerance for the consistency of this product seems to vary. I feel like a white-washed mime when using it on my face. I just hate the texture, it feels like it's suffocating my skin. It pills or peels if you don't blend it enough. It stings on clean skin. It makes me feel even pastier than I am. Plus the packaging got really filthy after a few times in my luggage.

My grievances are kind of subjective, but if I will not repurchase - if I can't find another product I like, I'm kicking it down a few SPF's. I have yet to find anything that makes me feel excited about putting on sunscreen. Blah blah blah Helioplex, meh.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2007 11:48:00 PM More reviews by jsfulcher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not oily, integrates well into my skin leaving a natural silky, try touch. Packaging is a bit stiff.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2007 1:35:00 AM More reviews by LizardSheep

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Worked well at first but then began to sting my face.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by LikeDylanInTheMovies

I really wanted to like the product, especially with all the hype of it being weightless and ultra-sheer. I have very oily acne-prone skin that has become sensitive due to retinoids. Unfortunately it balled up really bad (I use Benzaclin underneath), stung, and was extremly gummy. The only good thing about thing sunscreen is that it has a fairly high PPD. It left a very unpleasent texture to my skin. I do not like this product and would not reccomend it. I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2007 11:51:00 AM More reviews by CEELLIS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for the past few months , mainly on my body, with no problems. Recently went on vacation and started using it on my face. I thought it went on well for my combo skin and I could wear make up over it w/out being super greasy, and Idon't find the smell offensive. However, on the 3rd day of use on my face it stung upon application. I spent a better part of that same late afternoon at the zoo and reapplied the product approx every hour, despite spending much of the time in shaded areas. Later that eve after showering my skin felt like it was sunburned and my face / neck / chest had scaly/dry/irritated patches. I dunno if the burning, which persisted for about 2 days (and hadn't reapplied any sunscreen) was from the helioplex failing or from irritation lasting from the sunscreen itself. My girlfriend who has eczema tells me that the patches I have look like eczema, which I've never suffered from before. Won't be buying this product again, going to stick w/the Euro sunscreens. Also, have to note that I am very fair and skin is sensitive but not SUPER, doesn't react poorly to many products, and I don't use any retinoids, etc. on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 8:48:00 PM More reviews by daisyisawesome123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried other sunscreens that said non-oily but they made my skin VERY greasy and shiney. I saw this product of the new and read good reviews about it and decided to try it. So I bought it at wal-mart, it was a bit pricey. I came home and tried it and it was GREAT! It went on so nice and didnt leave my skin greasy or shiney ONE BIT! I used it on my face, neck and ears. The only con is that the bottle is pretty small and doesnt last very long. I only use it on my face. I definatally recomend this prodcut if you are sick of greasy sunscreen. It is 100% worth the price. You get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2007 6:29:00 AM More reviews by tresfemme

I love this non-greasy non-sticky sunblock. It goes on sheer and doesn't make me break out. Also comes in several strengths so you can use the level of protection you want. This is the only sunblock that I will use on my face... I use it for my body also, but as a face SPF, its fabulous. Absolutely no greasy feeling. Wonderful scent and not too costly. Approx. $9 CND.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2007 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Cookie1986

I always buy this because it is the least greasy of all sunblocks i have tried. I use it on my face with no problems, but I avoid my eyelids because it stings them. It makes my skin soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by browneyedvixen1

This is a good sunscreen! The only two negatives, it takes a while to absorb and it balls up in places if it has not been washed off and reapplied. This past weekend I spent jetskiing and sunbathing and I noticed I missed a couple spots one by my hairline and the other on the back of my neck and was I ever red. The other areas covered by sunscreen were fine, no sunburn so I believe that this works. I will continue buying this. I am always open to try other sunscreens though because it isn't perfect

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't have any problems at all with application or wear - I just waited about 10 minutes after applying my normal moisturizer and layered this on. Then I did my makeup about a half hour later, after it had sunk in. BUT, like so many other skincare products, this gave me break-outs. I'm going to stick with Clinique's Super City Block SPF 40, which didn't have that problem.