Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

3.2

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (10%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Trideceth 6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, ppd 9

Normally, I am a huge fan of Nuetrogena products, but I highly suggest that if you buy this product, you test it on your arm a few days before you plan to use it.

I have never had such a terrible reaction to a sunscreen in my life. I used it on my face, neck, chest and arms. After just a few hours with it on, I noticed my face was extremely red and my eyes were slightly swollen. I washed it off and went to bed, but woke up in the middle of the night with a face so badly swollen I could only open my eyes part way. I had to go to an emergency clinic and get a shot to stop the swelling. The redness and itching lasted for well over two weeks. It was horrible. I noticed they now have a message on the bottle that says, "May cause an allergic reaction in sensitive individuals." Too late for me! ;O)

Be careful with chemical sunscreens. I now use Neutrogena for Sensitive Skin (non-chemical) and am very happy.

on 8/5/2007 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Tolerance for the consistency of this product seems to vary. I feel like a white-washed mime when using it on my face. I just hate the texture, it feels like it's suffocating my skin. It pills or peels if you don't blend it enough. It stings on clean skin. It makes me feel even pastier than I am. Plus the packaging got really filthy after a few times in my luggage.

My grievances are kind of subjective, but if I will not repurchase - if I can't find another product I like, I'm kicking it down a few SPF's. I have yet to find anything that makes me feel excited about putting on sunscreen. Blah blah blah Helioplex, meh.

on 8/4/2007 11:48:00 PM

Not oily, integrates well into my skin leaving a natural silky, try touch. Packaging is a bit stiff.

on 7/30/2007 1:35:00 AM

Worked well at first but then began to sting my face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like the product, especially with all the hype of it being weightless and ultra-sheer. I have very oily acne-prone skin that has become sensitive due to retinoids. Unfortunately it balled up really bad (I use Benzaclin underneath), stung, and was extremly gummy. The only good thing about thing sunscreen is that it has a fairly high PPD. It left a very unpleasent texture to my skin. I do not like this product and would not reccomend it. I would not repurchase.

on 7/28/2007 11:51:00 AM

I've been using this product for the past few months , mainly on my body, with no problems. Recently went on vacation and started using it on my face. I thought it went on well for my combo skin and I could wear make up over it w/out being super greasy, and Idon't find the smell offensive. However, on the 3rd day of use on my face it stung upon application. I spent a better part of that same late afternoon at the zoo and reapplied the product approx every hour, despite spending much of the time in shaded areas. Later that eve after showering my skin felt like it was sunburned and my face / neck / chest had scaly/dry/irritated patches. I dunno if the burning, which persisted for about 2 days (and hadn't reapplied any sunscreen) was from the helioplex failing or from irritation lasting from the sunscreen itself. My girlfriend who has eczema tells me that the patches I have look like eczema, which I've never suffered from before. Won't be buying this product again, going to stick w/the Euro sunscreens. Also, have to note that I am very fair and skin is sensitive but not SUPER, doesn't react poorly to many products, and I don't use any retinoids, etc. on my face.

I have tried other sunscreens that said non-oily but they made my skin VERY greasy and shiney. I saw this product of the new and read good reviews about it and decided to try it. So I bought it at wal-mart, it was a bit pricey. I came home and tried it and it was GREAT! It went on so nice and didnt leave my skin greasy or shiney ONE BIT! I used it on my face, neck and ears. The only con is that the bottle is pretty small and doesnt last very long. I only use it on my face. I definatally recomend this prodcut if you are sick of greasy sunscreen. It is 100% worth the price. You get what you pay for.

on 7/21/2007 6:29:00 AM

I love this non-greasy non-sticky sunblock. It goes on sheer and doesn't make me break out. Also comes in several strengths so you can use the level of protection you want. This is the only sunblock that I will use on my face... I use it for my body also, but as a face SPF, its fabulous. Absolutely no greasy feeling. Wonderful scent and not too costly. Approx. $9 CND.

on 7/20/2007 2:39:00 PM

I always buy this because it is the least greasy of all sunblocks i have tried. I use it on my face with no problems, but I avoid my eyelids because it stings them. It makes my skin soft.

This is a good sunscreen! The only two negatives, it takes a while to absorb and it balls up in places if it has not been washed off and reapplied. This past weekend I spent jetskiing and sunbathing and I noticed I missed a couple spots one by my hairline and the other on the back of my neck and was I ever red. The other areas covered by sunscreen were fine, no sunburn so I believe that this works. I will continue buying this. I am always open to try other sunscreens though because it isn't perfect