MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This eyeshadow is completly universal on all skin tones!
The texture is so velvety and smooth and on the skin it has an amazing metallics finish!
Go.Get.It.
XD

on 11/1/2010 8:09:00 PM

I'm blonde -fair skin- blue eyes and i love neutral colors. I heard all the hype about this shadow and bought it ....... It was just AWFULL on me!! It looked so orange-gold! NOT neutral! I guess this would look great on medium-darker skin tones, but on me it just looks orange! I can't use it at all!

on 10/30/2010 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Obsessed with matching my lipgloss and eyeshadow, I wanted a colour to match my Elizabeth Arden honey glaze gloss. I use this for my lid with either print, sable, or trax in the crease. I feel the colour is just a little too light for me and it doesn't really match the gloss I wear daily.

UPDATE: I didn't really like this shadow for a long time because I felt it was too light. Recently I find myself using this as a base for almost any colour combination. I pair it with Print, Sable and Ecspresso.

on 10/29/2010 3:58:00 AM

I decided to make All That Glitters one of the first e/s I bought from Mac. Due to the reviews here, it just HAD to be something special. An eyeshadow to worship and adore. I love love love golden/peachy eyeshadows, they are my go to colors for everyday wear. And now when I have this one, I really wonder how people can rave so much about it. To me, it is VERY mediocre. I have drugstore e/s of much better quality. And tons of eyeshadows in very similar shades. I should have listened to my gut feeling when I swatched it in the store. It told me that I did not need it at all. But hey, I thought that it had to look different when applied to my lids. Maybe something MAGIC would happen. Well, it did not! And by the way: This shade is not a neutral as in "would suit every skintone", it is definately very warm,

on 10/28/2010 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

if they had an "ARE TOU KIDDING?! YES" button i would've selected that one for the, "would you buy this product again" question. this is my hg highlighter. sometimes i use it as a lid color or in the tear duct. its' a perfect shade for this if you have a complexion like mine (slightly medium/olive skin with slight pink undertones) if you're looking for something like that by all means give this one a try.

like many others i love this
this eyeshadow is absolutely stunning for everyday wear
to a fancy event look, BUT it is very dupable
i've found this shade at the drugstore at least twice
in some palettes and in single form
i.c CG mink and NYX champagne
no one will ever tell the difference
if you want to build up a mac collection then yes this is a must-have
but otherwise stick to the more in-expensive alternative

on 10/26/2010 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this color...is very neutral goes on very smooth...i also use it as a highlight!!

on 10/23/2010 6:57:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I got this eyeshadow about a month ago a LOVE it!!! I have been looking for an all over lid neutral shadow but no luck trying a couple before this. I got this shadow and found what I had been looking for with out even trying!! This a beutiful everyday/work appropriate neutral shade. I pair it usually with woodwinked or espresso in the crease and it comes of peachy/champagne color. I also used a teal color in the outer v (from the shallow v deep duo) and I got more of a slight pink color coming off all that glitters. Maybe it was just me but it seems to bring out different colors depending what other colors you use with it.

This is a must have for me!!!

on 10/23/2010 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm very pale with strong cool undertones and this shadow pulls quite orange on me. It looks like a dirty orangey peachy mess, very unflattering. So disappointed :( I strongly prefer naked lunch as a shimmery all over the lid colour.

on 10/15/2010 5:15:00 PM

My favorite eyeshadow!
Its a creamy pink/beige/gold color that I cannot live without!
Its great by itself, and underneath other colors as a base as well. Its just shimmery enough so you can wear it either day or night.
I have a slightly -tan complexion but I imagine that this color could be universally flattering. I have a friend who is quite pale and loves it also.