MAC Veluxe Pearl - All That Glitters

4.4

on 11/13/2010 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this color so much! I wear it on my lids over Mac rubenesque paintpot (see my review). I add either one or two coats of All that Glitters depending on how much pink I want to bring out over rubenesque (I find the more I layer on All that Glitters, the lighter, brighter and pinker it gets).

I have fair skin with yellow undertones so All that Glitters turns a pinkish color on me. But for those of you who find the undertones of this color too orange or warm, I would suggest you try putting Naked Lunch on top of it. It will neutralize the color, remove the orange and add a subtle cooler pink hue to it (this color combo isn't warm enough for me with the pink undertones, so it will be a good combo for those of you with cooler skin tones.) If that combo still isn't pink or cool enough for you, then All that Glitters with Jest on top will do the trick (way too cool and pink for my yellow hue skin.)

on 11/10/2010 4:51:00 PM

I LOVE this eyeshadow! I bought this about 6 months ago and I haven't looked back! This became my daily eyeshadow. I like more neutral looks, so I just pair this with sable, tempting, or satin taupe in the crease.
This is a beautiful, creamy shadow. The perfect everyday look. Will definately repurchase! :)

on 11/9/2010 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had read this eyeshadow was really great. At first I thought the shimmery frosty texture & color was so pretty. It just doesnt seem anything special on my fair skin. It shows up only a bit peachy & flesh toned on me, but doesnt pop. I hardly ever use it. Oh well...Im glad it works so well for others.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this eyeshadow every day. I use it as a base, as a highlighter...... you name it. It's a beautiful soft neutral. It's a must have for me.

on 11/6/2010 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was one of my first MAC shadows. I absolutely fell head over heels for this one. It's one of the few neutrals that actually work for my cool-toned skin. Love!

on 11/5/2010 9:56:00 PM

I don't know.....I really wanted to love this eyeshadow cos of all the hype on youtube and here....but to be honest, I don't see anything special...bit too warm for me...and there is nothing supernatural about this colour and eyeshadow, for me its just an eyeshadow which I do not reach to often for...
Its OK ...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This eyeshadow is completly universal on all skin tones!
The texture is so velvety and smooth and on the skin it has an amazing metallics finish!
Go.Get.It.
XD

on 11/1/2010 8:09:00 PM

I'm blonde -fair skin- blue eyes and i love neutral colors. I heard all the hype about this shadow and bought it ....... It was just AWFULL on me!! It looked so orange-gold! NOT neutral! I guess this would look great on medium-darker skin tones, but on me it just looks orange! I can't use it at all!

on 10/30/2010 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Obsessed with matching my lipgloss and eyeshadow, I wanted a colour to match my Elizabeth Arden honey glaze gloss. I use this for my lid with either print, sable, or trax in the crease. I feel the colour is just a little too light for me and it doesn't really match the gloss I wear daily.

UPDATE: I didn't really like this shadow for a long time because I felt it was too light. Recently I find myself using this as a base for almost any colour combination. I pair it with Print, Sable and Ecspresso.

on 10/29/2010 3:58:00 AM

I decided to make All That Glitters one of the first e/s I bought from Mac. Due to the reviews here, it just HAD to be something special. An eyeshadow to worship and adore. I love love love golden/peachy eyeshadows, they are my go to colors for everyday wear. And now when I have this one, I really wonder how people can rave so much about it. To me, it is VERY mediocre. I have drugstore e/s of much better quality. And tons of eyeshadows in very similar shades. I should have listened to my gut feeling when I swatched it in the store. It told me that I did not need it at all. But hey, I thought that it had to look different when applied to my lids. Maybe something MAGIC would happen. Well, it did not! And by the way: This shade is not a neutral as in "would suit every skintone", it is definately very warm,

Top Rated MAC Products