China Glaze Ruby Pumps

4.7

on 1/27/2010 4:47:00 PM

bought it at sallys and havent tried it yet, but in the bottle the color is gorg. i'm wearing this valentine's day week for sure!

on 1/20/2010 2:21:00 AM

Love in a bottle.

on 1/18/2010 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this polish. It's a red glitter suspended in a deep ruby red base and looks really beautiful on nails. I like it because it isn't too garish (for a glitter polish), just a nice sparkle that can be worn everyday or for special occasions. I really like the formula, it applies very evenly and smoothly and dries quickly. Also, you get a pretty large bottle, and the price is cheaper than OPI, another high-quality brand.

on 1/15/2010 7:03:00 PM

This is my holiday polish, a beautifully glittery - but not at all garish or cheap looking - holiday red polish

on 1/11/2010 9:35:00 AM

Brought this based on all the recs and reviews. I thought it would be the perfect red for me but unfortunately didn't work out.

The color is a very sparkly dark red. Somehow, the color made my pale feet looks very dirty. Also one of the harder colors to remove with normal cotton balls. The glitter does not budge. You need to use craft felt to remove it easily. And because of the color, if you don't remove all the nail polish from side of your nail beds, it looks like you had a bloody accident.

I have since then found my perfect red and it is Essie Jag-U-Are.

on 1/10/2010 3:07:00 PM

A classic red that everyone should own, it flatters all skin tones and is gorgeous. It's a mid tone red with red and gold shimmer. The formula is sheer-ish, it took 2 coats for opacity and 3 coats for depth. Nice drying time with Lippmann's Addicted to Speed.

on 1/8/2010 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is so beautiful! I had wanted a bottle for months and I'm glad I finally bought one. The glitter is perfect, I can't stop stop staring at my nails! This color would be really great for the holidays or Valentine's Day - for some reason it reminds me of cute little homemade Valentine's cards - or just whenever you need a little sparkle. This is the best red glitter I've ever found.

Also, a tip for people who had trouble with getting it to dry: let your nails air-dry for about 5 minutes and then soak them in a bowl of ice water for about 3. They'll be hard in no time :)

on 1/6/2010 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this color. It's a deep sparkly red that doesn't look too glittery from far away. Up close and in the sunlight it sparkles like crazy. As much as I love the color, the formula sucks. I use mostly CG polishes and I've never had a polish take so long to dry. In fact, it never really hardened. Two days later when I stuck the corner of my fingernail on top of my other nail, it left a little dent. I follow the same application technique every time I apply polish so it has to be something off about this shade's formula. Unfortunately I don't have hours to spend waiting for polish to dry, so I'm not sure I'll use this again.

on 1/5/2010 11:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am usually not a fan of glitzy or glittery nail polishes, I usually get them for my daughter. But I tried this and the whole line on my nails at Sally's Beauty Supply and fell in love. Its such a beautiful deep red, and I LOVE good red polishes. The sparkle didn't bother me at all. I think it helps that it is a red sparkle rather than a silver or gold. I like the red on red effect. I feel the same way about the whole Wizard of Oz line but this is my favorite.
It gives great nail coverage and can be applied in one coat of you are in a hurry. It looks best with two coats but one would work. I plan on buying the whole line and I will probably buy a few bottles of this in case it gets DC'd.
Really recommend this to anyone who loves reds and even those who love a little glitz and glam!!

meh. I found the colour a bit cheezy. I'm liking Essie thigh-high for the same effect but a little less glitzy. Swapped it out already.

Top Rated China Glaze Products