October 21, 2014 | 984 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Total Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have to agree with everyone else. This brush may appear soft at first but once you wash it, it becomes coarse, curly and brittle. It will also shed too. I suppose you could use to to apply setting powder all over but it just doesn't feel that nice on the skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by bryter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the Professional Total Face Brush but that won't really matter considering my review. This brush sheds like crazy so I won't be repurchasing. At least it was only $1.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

So far I've only taken this out of the package and washed it. I get my dollar ELF brushes at Dollar General. They don't have any makeup, just the original line's tools. So far this one and the bronze/blush brush, the 2 that are dyed reddish BLEED LIKE CRAZY when washed. And their hair stands out every which way. I'm a little leery sticking something on my face that bleeds like that, even if it will be dry by the time I use it. For a dollar it's ok.

So far I'm finding the Studio Line to have better brushes with the exception of the eye shadow brushes. The dollar line's eye brushes are AWESOME.

But for a dollar, I'll buy again assuming my face doesn't get weird after using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by mistyMAClove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

hmmm i really like this brush, for me its really soft and good for powder, i have to say that mine did brake, but i fixed it. hope this helps

xoxo, Taylor(:

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Tjlove23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does the job in case of emergencies, but very harsh and scratchy. Glad I only bought two and paid $1 each during Xmas at Target.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I wasn't expecting much from the brush, I had already heard negative reviews. Thankfully, I didn't pay for it separately. Instead, two brushes were in my mineral kit. Everything that is said, is very much true. It's scratchy, it's itchy, it sheds, and it's flimsy. Even worse, the damn brush doesn't even fit in the mineral jars. Moving on, it is an attractive brush. Who wouldn't love those red bristles? But man, does it smell! It smells like oil, or a car repair shop. Very, off putting. Now, if you want to score big with E.L.F brushes, the studio line is the only way to go. I bought two, and they are perfection.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My mother bought me this brush spontaneously after being paid last year. The bristles feel a little bit scratchy and they shed. I spent more time picking hair off my face than blending.

Also I had this brush for about two or three weeks....I played around with it once or twice out of boredom...then one day during application, BAM! It just broke off. The fluffy part of the brush came off of its handle. I didn't even clean the brush yet, though I think it's safe to say that if I did, it probably would've broke off sooner due to E.L.F.'s shitty way of glueing their brushes.

In short: Don't buy this brush. I know the red coloring makes it look pretty, but my mother wasted like two dollars that could've been spent on something better. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such an awful brush! It feels like rough hay on you're face, just in case you're wondering how it feels on you're face. It scratches mine and the bristles are as hard as hay, literally. It's a cheap alternative for a paint brush but worse. Do not buy the regular face brushes from ELF, the studio brushes are a lot better and softer as I do own the blush brush that I use for my whole face as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by janeeee999

Wait for a 50% or 60% or 75% off coupon code and get the Studio line ones. Stay away from this one. Another 50cents with a coupon code gets you a brush that is sky high above this one. This one sucks. I agree with another reviewer where they said it felt soft on your hand but it feels like needles on your face. I think it's the way the bristles are cut. This brush is terrible. I threw mine away after 2 uses. I didn't want to be so quick to judge so I used it a second time before I tossed it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by gtbado

This brush is scratchy after 5 strokes on my face when applying powder!!! I will never buy this brush again unless E.L.F changes the quality of this brush.