April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Total Face Brush

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My mother bought me this brush spontaneously after being paid last year. The bristles feel a little bit scratchy and they shed. I spent more time picking hair off my face than blending.

Also I had this brush for about two or three weeks....I played around with it once or twice out of boredom...then one day during application, BAM! It just broke off. The fluffy part of the brush came off of its handle. I didn't even clean the brush yet, though I think it's safe to say that if I did, it probably would've broke off sooner due to E.L.F.'s shitty way of glueing their brushes.

In short: Don't buy this brush. I know the red coloring makes it look pretty, but my mother wasted like two dollars that could've been spent on something better. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by miszxlinda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such an awful brush! It feels like rough hay on you're face, just in case you're wondering how it feels on you're face. It scratches mine and the bristles are as hard as hay, literally. It's a cheap alternative for a paint brush but worse. Do not buy the regular face brushes from ELF, the studio brushes are a lot better and softer as I do own the blush brush that I use for my whole face as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by janeeee999

Wait for a 50% or 60% or 75% off coupon code and get the Studio line ones. Stay away from this one. Another 50cents with a coupon code gets you a brush that is sky high above this one. This one sucks. I agree with another reviewer where they said it felt soft on your hand but it feels like needles on your face. I think it's the way the bristles are cut. This brush is terrible. I threw mine away after 2 uses. I didn't want to be so quick to judge so I used it a second time before I tossed it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by gtbado

This brush is scratchy after 5 strokes on my face when applying powder!!! I will never buy this brush again unless E.L.F changes the quality of this brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by msluvuly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to say overall I'm impressed with this brush. I bought it at my local Target for only $1 and the quality that I got was amazing. But there are some things that I would like to fix. I know it's only a $1 and that I shouldn't be expecting much, but don't worry I honestly wasn't expecting much for a dollar.

When I first used it, I found it a little rough on my face. It was uncomfortable at first, but after I kept using it, it got softer and softer. The brush itself is good quality. I've been using it for more than two months and it's been my favorite go to brush.

Overall if you're a beginner starting out, I highly suggest this brush, but if you're past that stage, don't be afraid to use the brush. You just need to break it in thats all!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by XomakeupjunkyXo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

cheap, does it's job, and it's soft

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by ckim790

it's soft on my hand but scatchy on my face...weird i know...

it's not dense so it won't pack foundation on well

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this brush with a mineral foundation starter kit. It's large in size, resembles a powder brush, and a little on the scratchy side. E.L.F. shipped it with the starter kit, but I can't imagine using this brush for mineral foundation. I stuck it in my purse for powder touch-ups. I will not purchase this brush again...

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by apocalypso

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Very tough bristles. I know that ELF says it doesn't test on animals but this brush is like one step above porcupine quills or elderly Pug dog fur in terms of softness. I'm returning this but keeping the bronzing brush. I don't mind roughness over some parts of my face, but seeing as this is meant to be rubbed over the ENTIRE face I don't think I can deal with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by HollyAdolly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First product review <3 Let me start off by saying I am a product snob, in stores I won't generally waste my time and just skip happily, chequebook open to the high-end stuff. Now to contradict myself, since my makeup budgets been hit, I've tried to become a 'recessionista'. Enter e.l.f. products. First of all, if I bought a new brush for every day of the month I would still be paying at least 70 less than I would for one good brush and a months supply of brush cleaner.
The brush I received came in a protective plastic cover to protect while shipping, The pros of this brush for me include 1) PRICE 2) The bristles do NOT pick up or wipe your foundation off your face causing the brush to become yucky and wet 3) Picks up powder well 4) Does not cake on your powder 5) Bristles are not super-soft so it also doubles as a buffing brush, air-brushing the makeup
I'm hearing a lot of negative comments and that surprises me, somedays my skin is so inflamed and acne prone it literally hurts and is raw, this brush did not hurt me. Yay!