MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

on 10/20/2004 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love this shadow!!! It shows different colors depending on the colors of my outfit. Love to layer it on and wear with club or shadowy lady.

on 10/6/2004 11:47:00 AM

I love this color because I like the softer look. I am not into the darker heavy shades even though I like them on other people. For me this works really well. I know it does not show up like other mac shades, but at least mac has something for me too.

on 9/26/2004 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great versatile color... everyone should get this. It looks boring and gray in the pan but goes with every color when you actually put it on.

on 9/13/2004 12:46:00 PM

I love this color. I'm a PPP and my eyes are dark blue/green with gold in them. I like a shadow that brings out the blue, so neutrals with a hint of green really work. This is perfect for me since it is a silvery green-gray with just enough pink in it to go well with pink undertones in the skin.

I didn't find it too pale or silvery at all. The pigment is nice and intense. It goes on smoothly and blends well. It goes well with so many other MAC shadow colors. I usually use it on the brow and lid pair it with Coquette in the crease and use Femme Noir as an eyeliner most of the time.

If you have the right coloring for this, Vex is one of the best.

Eh...this was kind of a clunker. Despite the depth of the color, I found the consistency and undertones unbearably bad. I *really* don't like eyeshadows that appear one way in the pan, then blow your mind by turning pink or green when you put it on.

Vex happens to be one of those. It seems light gray. Then you put it on and it shimmers green and pink. This *gravely* confused me. I'm used to pale peaches/pinks/browns, and here I was dealing with a real trickster. I suppose if you can pull this off, it would look good.

It's a great colour. Looks grey on the pan but then it has green and pink reflections. Maybe I haven't found the perfect colour combination yet so for now I'll use it as a browbone highlighter cos it's they way it looks better on me!

on 8/23/2004 3:13:00 AM

I bought this because a colleague at work wears this and it looks sensational and we have similar skin tone but different hair colour. It’s almost as if it’s 3D and velvety on her eyelids. She mixes it with “fiction” for an even cooler look. However, when I bought it and used it I was surprised at how subtle this looked on me. Nice but very subtle and a somewhat toned down version of Stila’s “kitten” on me. Although I am a cool-toned PPP (C2 or NC20) it doesn’t make me look sick or as though I’m dying as some other PPPs have mentioned.

I told my colleague I was disappointed in the subtlety of it and she then told me how she literally cakes it on to get the effect. So, in terms of economy of use this won’t be a cheap way to have great eyelids because I will go through the pan quickly. However, this colour is really cool yet hard to explain. It looks like a dull pale grey with green tones that throws a pink reflect in the pan, so it doesn’t grab your attention as being a desirable shade. But if you apply it quite heavily and put other colours with it (especially greens, greys and pinks/purples) it will intensify and work with the colour you put with it and have a pearlescent effect. It’s also great as a brow bone highlighter.

Because of its versatility I highly recommend giving this a go. But try before you buy! It’s the most unique shadow I have bought and I’d probably repurchase because it can really add to any makeup look. It wears well and doesn’t crease, even when applied thickly. Another great MAC product.

on 8/21/2004 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

(Background: NC20 LLL, blonde hair, dark green eyes)

FALSE TRICKSIE LIARS! You *said* it was beautiful! You rec'd it and rec'd it... I went to Bendel's with visions of "OMG it's going to be the end all be all..." or at the very least 'kinda pretty'... LIARS I SAY! =P

Okay maybe it looks good on some of you. I see the other reviews have this shade coming out on all different ends of the spectrum (some say gray, some say pink, some say green) but me? I say corpse.

You heard me. We're talking cadaver baby. It's the same sickly pale gray-green that you'd find by checking out whats in any draw in your friendly neighborhood morgue.

I'd at least give it a 2nd lippie if even the consistency/formula was good... but I find this to be one of MAC's "Awh damn it's a clinker" bad ones. Does NOT blend well, I find it to be too 'powdery' dry, and it doesn't apply evenly at ALL wet. (Hey look, my eyes look bumpy! Gee last I checked my eyes are still smooth... *washes off* ah yes, they are smooth... okay let me try again... hey look, my eyes are bumpy....)

Certainly due to the many positive reviews (hmpf.) this is a YMMV shade, so go check it out I suppose if you really feel like gambling, but I reckon unless you're MMM or beyond or going for a screening as an extra for the next 'Night of the Living Dead'.... skip it.
continued >>

on 7/26/2004 4:21:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This one was part of a palette that I got. It didn't look that amazing in the palette. On it's own, it's a nice light grayish tone with a hint of lavender-green in the pot. I like this one a base or a lid color. It has a bit of a pinkish shimmer when I wear it.

on 7/24/2004 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It seems that everyone sees the color of this shadow differently....some see it green others grey...to me, it looks grey with green reflection in it in the pot, but goes silver pinky mauve on my skin...It's a nice e/s but I only use it for some particular effects. I wear it in the inner corner of my eyes on the rims up to where my lashes start. It really is a versatile eye shadow. I think you can pair it with any color. I pair it with MAC fade, they have the same intensity.

Popular Eye Shadows