July 30, 2014 | 1567 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Yonii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm inlove with the cooling feeling and that's why I'm using it, cause the moisturizing - nah... Haha, I just like the feeling.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Once again...it pains me to write this review. I love everything about Burt's Bees, in theory. However, some of their products just aren't effective, and this is one of them. It's mostly beeswax, which is better than other types of wax...but it's still wax. It was hard as a rock in the tube until I started keeping it in my pocket. It just kind of sat on my lips and didn't sink in. It basically protected my lips from further damage, and provided a nice cooling sensation. I love the taste of peppermint, so I really liked the flavor. All things considered, it's not a bad product, it's just not very moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in tinted plum, it works great, a nice colour a great feel. IO really like the tingling sensation. this is my HG lipgloss (tinted lip balm) other than Cover Girls (CG) and Revlon Shea Butter red colour candy apple colourburst ones

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by STheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I literally do not leave the room without this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

I once loved this chapstick...most likely due to how popular it was. I used this a ton when I was an impressionable teenager but nowadays I've found better products. It's okay, it's not the worst but there are better alternative products for your chapped lips than this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This feels and smells really good, but after about five minutes your lips feel dry again. I think it's because of the peppermint oil, which is an irritant. I'd give this a pass.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by nomoreagingforme

Definitely a big burts beezwax lip balm fan. I have used this ever since I can remember because I always hated CARMEX as a kid because it was soo sticky and smells bad to me.

Burts lip balm is great especially when I am visiting the snow or during the winter time. Honestly it if good enough to use on your knuckles if they are overly chapped.

It goes on and has good texture but isn't too thick to the point where it's uncomfortable. I definitely enjoy this product and it has great value.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont really like this product, but I always have it around as something to fall back on.

The first few times you use it (Ive been on and off with this stuff for years), it makes you think its the absolute best thing you have ever put on your lips. Then, once you start using it all the time, you notice that it makes your seemingly smooth lips flake about? It feels like the stuff just compounds on your mouth, instead of actually absorbing and moisturizing. Once it just sits there for a while, it just starts flaking out and is nasty.

This product is also completely useless in the winter if you get seriously dried out and chapped lips. Like I said, it just sits there! If your lips are super chapped already, it just makes everything look 10000 times worse. If you are looking for a real cure for seriously chapped lips, I would suggest Neosporin Lip Health, or even Baby Lips

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by kenzie14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a chapstick lover. I'm almost always wearing something on my lips. I have a bunch of chapstick tubes scattered all around my house. Burts Bees is my absolute favorite. It's amazing. If I get dry lips (happens often in winter here), it makes them soft and awesome feeling pretty dang quick. Within an hour. I get VERY dry lips when I'm outside without something protecting them. Bleeding, scaly, disgusting lips. Most other stuff usually takes a day or so to make my lips feel smooth again. It also feels really good. I generally dislike minty things (including other minty lip stuff), so I'm not sure why I really like the taste and feel of this. It's mild, but still a tiny bit tingly.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by makeupjulia1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One thing I really like about Burts Beez Wax is that it is all natural ( I know this because Whole Foods dosen't carry anything that isn't 100% natural and they have this on the shelves)

That being said, I feel more comfortable putting this on my lips knowing that there aren't some wild chemicals that I am putting in my system everytime I put on my lip balm.

Regarding effectiveness, it worked reasonably well. The taste and texture is nice, a lot more reasonable than carmax. It is a decent product, nothing special in my opinion.