April 18, 2014 | 1817 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by natasha102002

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I quite like this lip balm. It has simple, nice packaging, has that tingly feeling so you can tell it's working and it's minty. I got it on sale for 5.00 and i love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by mayral456

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this stuff for years and I believe it has made my lips kissable soft haha I seriously sit in class putting it on for a few straight minutes haha plus tastes minty! An added plus for the girls...guys like it! Like I said I have been using it for years so a few guys have tasted it. Usually goes like "are you chewing on gum?" and "your lips tastes minty" and a few have ended up buying it I swear!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 12:16:00 PM More reviews by harriethare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this lip balm! It makes lips so unbelievably soft, and it gives lips a slight rosy hue. I always try to carry a tube in my purse. I would say it is a bit more expensive than other lip balms, but not by much, and definitely worth the extra dollar or two.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by cindahBEAR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this chapstick for YEARS. It's a good product and does well to replenish my lips... especially if I put it on before I go to bed, my lips are much better in the morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ickythump

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this! It gives my lips a tingly feeling and I think my lips look/feel softer than they were before. Definitely a good product and will be repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by bandgeek94

It's great! I love this stuff, but you have to keep reapplying it because it soaks in quickly. I really like the menthol/ minty feel of it. It's very refreshing and satisfying to chapped lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by KarineD

I absolutely love the smell of this! Kind of a mix of honey and mint, I find it very refreshing. The major downside for this product is that it really feels like you're applying cold wax to your lips. I doesn't go on smoothly at all. Despite this, I feel my lips are nourrished and I would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's worth mentioning that you can make the same thing very easily at home by melting together equal parts of beeswax and coconut oil, adding whatever is safe to use on skin and will make it taste or smell the way you like, maybe throwing in a piece of lipstick for a hint of colour and pouring the mixture into a pot/lip balm tube (the kind with screw in the middle). That way, you save money that would be better spent on something you can't whip up at home in ten minutes, plus you can avoid the peppermint that proves problematic for so many people.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It was the bomb until they changed the formula. Don't fix what isn't broken!!! I felt moisturized before and it was the only thing close to my HG blue Chapstick, now it makes my lips feel so dry. Boo!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Disappointing. It feels smooth on application but it tingles and reddens my lips then actually makes my lips dry and peel to be worse than before. I disovered the cause is this balm contains peppermint oil which has been proven to be a skin irritant. The "tingling" you feel is not a "benefit", its your skin trying to tell you the product is aging and damaging! Its seriously crazy to put peppermint in a product targeting sensitive or dry skin conditions but there you go Clorox (the company that makes Burts Bees). Peppermint is so stimulating that it causes the skin to flake to protect itself and rid itself of the annoyance, making people think they need to apply more lip balm - when in reality the balm is the cause of their problem! I laugh at people who swear this is so good that they go through 5 tubes a month - if it were working that well your lips your lips would be in such good condition that you would only need to use up a single tube every month or so.

If you are going through tons of balms and have them all over your house, purse and car, then I encourage you to break the addiction to the brands you have because they aren't working for you. Seek out a selection of more natural, unscented, quiet work-horse lip products till you find one that works for you so well that your lips are in great condition and you hardly need to use it. For the people asking what is better? Well we're all individual but for me its Natio SPF 30 Lip Balm, Blistex SPF 30 Lip Balm, and Avon Glazewear Lip Gloss (wand applicator, very smooth) are just 3 examples. I look for balms without obvious perfume or glitter and they are usually ok. For me almost everything works better than Burts Bees.