Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

3.9

New forumula(2011): Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Argania Spinosa Oil/Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol. Fil D46535/1.

on 11/6/2007 6:07:00 AM

I honestly don't get the raves about this stuff. Yes, it was cheap, but that's about the only good thing I can say about it. I have a thick, dry, coarse, frizzy, massive wall of hair. I used a tiny amount of this on my hair after flat-ironing, to tame the fly-aways and frizzies I get, and I looked like I dunked my head in a pot of oil. And the smell is horrible, horrible, horrible. Fortunately, I was able to get the stinky stench and the awful greasiness out of my hair by blow-drying for about 10 or 15 minutes. But after I flat-iron, I don't want to blow dry anymore 'cause I've already tortured my hair enough. WARNING: Don't use this on dry hair or you'll get the smelly greasies like I did. It did just OK at reducing frizzies when I used it on damp hair before blow drying, but there are much better cheap serums to reduce frizz -- like Citre Shine and Zero Frizz.

on 10/26/2007 6:56:00 PM

well.... when i was going through my old hair stuff i saw this and wanted to give it another try. i remember it used to make my hair feel kind've greasy, but i think i put it on when my hair was wet and put too much near the roots ... anyways. i put on a TON because i wanted to find out how much was too much and i was taking a shower anyways so i was just experimenting. it made my hair SUPER smooth and smelled GREAT. its def. great for when i straighten my hair and makes it smooth. even the ends, which is what i realllllllly wanted to fix. i'd def. use it again and buy it too. also, i think there is a new "light" garnier that is out for people with thin hair that gets greasy easily. its dirt cheap, so give it a try... why not?

on 10/20/2007 10:36:00 PM

All my life I had straight hair like chopsticks & pregnancy changed it to wavy & super frizzy. So far I was using suave anti frizz cream. It did an okay job but I would not say it tamed my flyaways & frizz or even helped hold any style. Read the reviews of this & decided to try it. Iíve only used it once so far & I will come back & update but soooooooooooo much better. I washed my hair with garnier length & strength shampoo & conditioner & then used a couple of pumps of this. (I have long hair that goes a bit below the bra strap) Then I let it air dry & it did make my hair more smoother. I straightened it later in the day & it holds the style well. Previously I had to keep straightening it every day (I wash my hair about 2 times a week) this time I donít have to.
I too wish the bottle was in a different shape.

on 10/15/2007 3:14:00 PM

I had practically given up on all products that claims to tame frizzy hair. I have tried John Freida Frizz-Ease, Joico (K-Pak), and some others I don't remember. They did nothing but only made my hair greasy looking, well, EXCEPT THIS ONE! Some of my hair is naturally wavy and my hair is kinda dry and very frizzy if I just let it natural dry Even if I blow dry my hair I still need to constantly use a clamp-style brush to straighten my hair but that doesn't work too well. This stuff makes my hair a lot smoother, shiner, and feel tamed! For those who said this stuff makes your hair feel greasy and the smell of the product is too strong, you can try using just very little of this product. I have long hair (past bra strap at the back). All I need is one light pump (not pushing the pump all the way down), rub the serum in my palms, and smooth that onto damp hair (not dripping) until I can't feel the product on my palms anymore; then blow dry and smooth as usual. It works!
The only thing I don' t like is the bottle. It's too bulky for travelling. Round is never good for space effeciency.

on 9/26/2007 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This isn't a 100% miracle product, but it's darn close for me. I think I have accepted that I will never have perfectly sleek hair, but this tames my hair (fine yet course, naturally wavy, highlighted bra-strap length) better than anything I've tried (Frizz Ease, BioSilk, Generic Biosilk, etc). A few pumps through damp hair is all it takes. It smells good, and leaves my (fine) hair soft and light--not greased down. I also love the fact that the pump twists closed for travel--big points there! I'm very happy with this purchase, and most Gariner products in general.

on 9/23/2007 12:48:00 PM

I was really hoped that this product would reduce my poofy frizz, but it didn't do anything much except make my hair greasy. It reduces some frizz after I straighten. The smell is way too strong for me, and I actually find it sort of embarassing how strong it smells. I would not buy this again.

on 9/17/2007 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I recently came back to this product and now I can't remember why I ever left it! It significantly helps smooth down my hair when I blow dry and flat iron. I usually use a leave in conditioner on my colored curly thick hair that I straighten. So after the leave in conditioner I mix a small 1/2 pump of this stuff with my smoothing creme and then proceed to blow dry and style. I am left with smoother, shinier hair. The smell is not great, but after blowdrying you can barely smell it. I wouldn't use on dry hair...the smell is too overpowering and it is too greasy IMO. The worst thing about the product is the container, so if you just use it at home or transport it upright in a zip lock bag.....it is worth it. And price is just right....cheap!

I love this! Despite today being foggy and humid, my hair is not a frizzy mess. I fight with my hair to keep it straight and smooth, but this helps a lot! Just one pump does the trick -- more than that and the greasies take over.

I use a lot of hair products to be able to walk out of the house with confidence, but I have to say that this is one that is more precious to me.

on 8/18/2007 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I believe I have the "New Formula" as it states on the bottle. This bottle you can turn off and on the pump to prevent spilling. The scent is really nice. I have used Biosilk, Frizzease (however you spell it) Chi silk infusion and this serum tops them all. I used three pumps in my towel dried hair, dried and flat-ironed. I wasn't expecting much but holy crap. This stuff completely tamed the frizz in my hair when all the others did nothing! My hair is so smooth shiny and soft. I can't stop touching it. The price is nice too! For reference I have fine coarse wavy hair and it is just past my shoulders.

on 7/20/2007 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This has the closest texture and performance I've found to my favorite discontinued serum, L'Oreal Vive Smooth Intense anti-frizz serum. It smells more fruity which is fine with me. Packaging: horrible for travel--it's a terrible "apple" shape which takes up a ton of room and there is no way to close the pump. The Vive packaging was definitely superior for this--flatter and with a snap close pump--fortunately I saved one of the bottles and can reuse it for travel. The Garnier packaging is fine for home use though, as long as you leave it out on the counter.

I have frizzy color treated hair, relatively thick and past shoulder length, and normally use a couple of pumps on wet hair, then a tiny bit after drying on the special bad areas, maybe a little more if I flat iron as well. At this price point, I'll continue to purchase till I find something better, which I'm always looking for. :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials