Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

3.9

New forumula(2011): Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Argania Spinosa Oil (Argan Kernel Oil), Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus Kernel Oil (Apricot Kernel Oil), Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol.

on 10/15/2007 3:14:00 PM

I had practically given up on all products that claims to tame frizzy hair. I have tried John Freida Frizz-Ease, Joico (K-Pak), and some others I don't remember. They did nothing but only made my hair greasy looking, well, EXCEPT THIS ONE! Some of my hair is naturally wavy and my hair is kinda dry and very frizzy if I just let it natural dry Even if I blow dry my hair I still need to constantly use a clamp-style brush to straighten my hair but that doesn't work too well. This stuff makes my hair a lot smoother, shiner, and feel tamed! For those who said this stuff makes your hair feel greasy and the smell of the product is too strong, you can try using just very little of this product. I have long hair (past bra strap at the back). All I need is one light pump (not pushing the pump all the way down), rub the serum in my palms, and smooth that onto damp hair (not dripping) until I can't feel the product on my palms anymore; then blow dry and smooth as usual. It works!
The only thing I don' t like is the bottle. It's too bulky for travelling. Round is never good for space effeciency.

on 9/26/2007 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This isn't a 100% miracle product, but it's darn close for me. I think I have accepted that I will never have perfectly sleek hair, but this tames my hair (fine yet course, naturally wavy, highlighted bra-strap length) better than anything I've tried (Frizz Ease, BioSilk, Generic Biosilk, etc). A few pumps through damp hair is all it takes. It smells good, and leaves my (fine) hair soft and light--not greased down. I also love the fact that the pump twists closed for travel--big points there! I'm very happy with this purchase, and most Gariner products in general.

on 9/23/2007 12:48:00 PM

I was really hoped that this product would reduce my poofy frizz, but it didn't do anything much except make my hair greasy. It reduces some frizz after I straighten. The smell is way too strong for me, and I actually find it sort of embarassing how strong it smells. I would not buy this again.

on 9/17/2007 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I recently came back to this product and now I can't remember why I ever left it! It significantly helps smooth down my hair when I blow dry and flat iron. I usually use a leave in conditioner on my colored curly thick hair that I straighten. So after the leave in conditioner I mix a small 1/2 pump of this stuff with my smoothing creme and then proceed to blow dry and style. I am left with smoother, shinier hair. The smell is not great, but after blowdrying you can barely smell it. I wouldn't use on dry hair...the smell is too overpowering and it is too greasy IMO. The worst thing about the product is the container, so if you just use it at home or transport it upright in a zip lock bag.....it is worth it. And price is just right....cheap!

I love this! Despite today being foggy and humid, my hair is not a frizzy mess. I fight with my hair to keep it straight and smooth, but this helps a lot! Just one pump does the trick -- more than that and the greasies take over.

I use a lot of hair products to be able to walk out of the house with confidence, but I have to say that this is one that is more precious to me.

on 8/18/2007 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I believe I have the "New Formula" as it states on the bottle. This bottle you can turn off and on the pump to prevent spilling. The scent is really nice. I have used Biosilk, Frizzease (however you spell it) Chi silk infusion and this serum tops them all. I used three pumps in my towel dried hair, dried and flat-ironed. I wasn't expecting much but holy crap. This stuff completely tamed the frizz in my hair when all the others did nothing! My hair is so smooth shiny and soft. I can't stop touching it. The price is nice too! For reference I have fine coarse wavy hair and it is just past my shoulders.

on 7/20/2007 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This has the closest texture and performance I've found to my favorite discontinued serum, L'Oreal Vive Smooth Intense anti-frizz serum. It smells more fruity which is fine with me. Packaging: horrible for travel--it's a terrible "apple" shape which takes up a ton of room and there is no way to close the pump. The Vive packaging was definitely superior for this--flatter and with a snap close pump--fortunately I saved one of the bottles and can reuse it for travel. The Garnier packaging is fine for home use though, as long as you leave it out on the counter.

I have frizzy color treated hair, relatively thick and past shoulder length, and normally use a couple of pumps on wet hair, then a tiny bit after drying on the special bad areas, maybe a little more if I flat iron as well. At this price point, I'll continue to purchase till I find something better, which I'm always looking for. :)

on 7/17/2007 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This serum was recommended to me by some of the gals on the Hair Board b/c I was looking for a less expensive alternative to my Bedhead Control Freak Serum. Although I am not entirely convinced that this is a better product or even equal to the Bedhead it fits into my budget and does a pretty job controlling the frizz I experience w/my waist lenght hair. Additionally in some ways it is better than the Bedhead product. First and foremost it makes combing my hair out after washing so much easier than the Bedhead thus reducing damage, breakage, the time it takes to comb out as well as the cussing that has traditionally gone along w/trying to untangle the wet mop my hair is reduced to after washing. (For the record my hair has alway been difficult to comb out wet even though I brush it would before I wash it.) With the Garnier there are very few tangles and they come out w/very little work. The comb seems to glide through my hair like a hot knife through butter compared to my previous experiences. I have noticed markedly less tangles and an easier comb out while dry too. The smell is quite nice and lasts but it is not overpowering. I especially like the pump bottle that this comes in. Be advised that a little goes a long way w/this product. In initial uses I over applied the serum and it left my hair feeling limp w/o body of any kind. After cutting way back to about 2 small pumps my hair once again felt fuller & the body was better. My hair isn't as straight as I would like it to be after using this serum, but in all fairness I do have some natural curl in my hair & I do not dry it or straighten but rather allow it to air dry. (Please note that my hair is also color treated and has been for years.) I paid $4.68 for a 5.1 ounce of this product. I will definitely repurchase but I am still looking for my dream hair product.

on 7/11/2007 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have thick, coarse, friiiiizy straight 1c Asian hair, collar-bone length. I use 2-3 pumps on towel-dried hair to get no frizz and "flatten" down my hair -- too much for most people, but that gives you an idea how thick and unmanageable my hair is! My hair just soaks the stuff up. After that I let air dry or flat iron and my hair is *significantly* softer and smoother. I like how this serum is more watery than other straight-silicone serums I've tried; this makes it easier to spread it evenly throughout the hair. Thicker serums are hard to spread evenly and I often end up with some parts of my hair greasy and others frizzy. I'm extremely happy with this product, it's one of the few that I have kept repurchasing throughout the years. The price is right and the results are great.

on 7/10/2007 6:51:00 PM

I really like this product. It's definitely weightless and can be used in both wet and dry hair, which is great for me since I don't wash my hair every day. The scent is also very nice. The only thing is that it works just...ok. Other anti-frizz serums have been too heavy and greasy - this one is so light that two pumps barely covers my medium-length, dry, thick hair. But it's not hard to put more in, if necessary. So four lippies for me - definitely a product I can use for now, but I'm not completely blown away by how great it is.