December 18, 2014 | 1207 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ms_jillian_leigh

I love this! Despite today being foggy and humid, my hair is not a frizzy mess. I fight with my hair to keep it straight and smooth, but this helps a lot! Just one pump does the trick -- more than that and the greasies take over.

I use a lot of hair products to be able to walk out of the house with confidence, but I have to say that this is one that is more precious to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2007 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Danielle_U

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I believe I have the "New Formula" as it states on the bottle. This bottle you can turn off and on the pump to prevent spilling. The scent is really nice. I have used Biosilk, Frizzease (however you spell it) Chi silk infusion and this serum tops them all. I used three pumps in my towel dried hair, dried and flat-ironed. I wasn't expecting much but holy crap. This stuff completely tamed the frizz in my hair when all the others did nothing! My hair is so smooth shiny and soft. I can't stop touching it. The price is nice too! For reference I have fine coarse wavy hair and it is just past my shoulders.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2007 11:13:00 PM More reviews by missymisst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This has the closest texture and performance I've found to my favorite discontinued serum, L'Oreal Vive Smooth Intense anti-frizz serum. It smells more fruity which is fine with me. Packaging: horrible for travel--it's a terrible "apple" shape which takes up a ton of room and there is no way to close the pump. The Vive packaging was definitely superior for this--flatter and with a snap close pump--fortunately I saved one of the bottles and can reuse it for travel. The Garnier packaging is fine for home use though, as long as you leave it out on the counter.

I have frizzy color treated hair, relatively thick and past shoulder length, and normally use a couple of pumps on wet hair, then a tiny bit after drying on the special bad areas, maybe a little more if I flat iron as well. At this price point, I'll continue to purchase till I find something better, which I'm always looking for. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 7:18:00 PM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This serum was recommended to me by some of the gals on the Hair Board b/c I was looking for a less expensive alternative to my Bedhead Control Freak Serum. Although I am not entirely convinced that this is a better product or even equal to the Bedhead it fits into my budget and does a pretty job controlling the frizz I experience w/my waist lenght hair. Additionally in some ways it is better than the Bedhead product. First and foremost it makes combing my hair out after washing so much easier than the Bedhead thus reducing damage, breakage, the time it takes to comb out as well as the cussing that has traditionally gone along w/trying to untangle the wet mop my hair is reduced to after washing. (For the record my hair has alway been difficult to comb out wet even though I brush it would before I wash it.) With the Garnier there are very few tangles and they come out w/very little work. The comb seems to glide through my hair like a hot knife through butter compared to my previous experiences. I have noticed markedly less tangles and an easier comb out while dry too. The smell is quite nice and lasts but it is not overpowering. I especially like the pump bottle that this comes in. Be advised that a little goes a long way w/this product. In initial uses I over applied the serum and it left my hair feeling limp w/o body of any kind. After cutting way back to about 2 small pumps my hair once again felt fuller & the body was better. My hair isn't as straight as I would like it to be after using this serum, but in all fairness I do have some natural curl in my hair & I do not dry it or straighten but rather allow it to air dry. (Please note that my hair is also color treated and has been for years.) I paid $4.68 for a 5.1 ounce of this product. I will definitely repurchase but I am still looking for my dream hair product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by d3ndroid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick, coarse, friiiiizy straight 1c Asian hair, collar-bone length. I use 2-3 pumps on towel-dried hair to get no frizz and "flatten" down my hair -- too much for most people, but that gives you an idea how thick and unmanageable my hair is! My hair just soaks the stuff up. After that I let air dry or flat iron and my hair is *significantly* softer and smoother. I like how this serum is more watery than other straight-silicone serums I've tried; this makes it easier to spread it evenly throughout the hair. Thicker serums are hard to spread evenly and I often end up with some parts of my hair greasy and others frizzy. I'm extremely happy with this product, it's one of the few that I have kept repurchasing throughout the years. The price is right and the results are great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. It's definitely weightless and can be used in both wet and dry hair, which is great for me since I don't wash my hair every day. The scent is also very nice. The only thing is that it works just...ok. Other anti-frizz serums have been too heavy and greasy - this one is so light that two pumps barely covers my medium-length, dry, thick hair. But it's not hard to put more in, if necessary. So four lippies for me - definitely a product I can use for now, but I'm not completely blown away by how great it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Terminatrix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cute little bubble bottle is great as long as you put NO MORE than one pump. More than that and your hair gets greasy. It is best when you put it on wet hair but dry is okay as well. The smell is okay but if you dont like citrus-y scents then you may want to steer away from this product. Otherwise it replaced my thick biosilk stuff... though i must admit that stuff did smell good.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by rhimix

I like this stuff. Smells nice, and if you use it right, it's light a non-greasy. I like to flat iron my hair, and this really helps. What I do is, once I get out of the shower, I rub a dime size of this in my hair and a fe spritzes of Sunsilk's detangling shine spray and let my hair air dry and then flat iron. It works great - my hair is indredibly soft and silky, and super shiney. Plus my hair isn't greasy or weighed down at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by robbieb

I love this serum. I think from what I've read it may work best for hair that's on the thick side. I wait until my hair has dried a litte and then use it, very sparingly. It definitely cuts down on the frizz, and I personally like the fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Rshif554

I LOVE this stuff. I have very very frizz prone curly hair, and when I straighten it (or I use it when i leave my hair curly for extra shine) it does the job great. A little goes a long way and it smells good (a little strong though if you use after your hair is dry). Only issue I have - you HAVE to keep the bottle upright or it will leave a oily mess everywhere. Awful to travel with, unless you put in a different bottle. Other than that, it's a great product.