April 21, 2014 | 1384 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by d3ndroid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick, coarse, friiiiizy straight 1c Asian hair, collar-bone length. I use 2-3 pumps on towel-dried hair to get no frizz and "flatten" down my hair -- too much for most people, but that gives you an idea how thick and unmanageable my hair is! My hair just soaks the stuff up. After that I let air dry or flat iron and my hair is *significantly* softer and smoother. I like how this serum is more watery than other straight-silicone serums I've tried; this makes it easier to spread it evenly throughout the hair. Thicker serums are hard to spread evenly and I often end up with some parts of my hair greasy and others frizzy. I'm extremely happy with this product, it's one of the few that I have kept repurchasing throughout the years. The price is right and the results are great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sally2002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. It's definitely weightless and can be used in both wet and dry hair, which is great for me since I don't wash my hair every day. The scent is also very nice. The only thing is that it works just...ok. Other anti-frizz serums have been too heavy and greasy - this one is so light that two pumps barely covers my medium-length, dry, thick hair. But it's not hard to put more in, if necessary. So four lippies for me - definitely a product I can use for now, but I'm not completely blown away by how great it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2007 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Terminatrix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cute little bubble bottle is great as long as you put NO MORE than one pump. More than that and your hair gets greasy. It is best when you put it on wet hair but dry is okay as well. The smell is okay but if you dont like citrus-y scents then you may want to steer away from this product. Otherwise it replaced my thick biosilk stuff... though i must admit that stuff did smell good.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2007 11:07:00 AM More reviews by rhimix

I like this stuff. Smells nice, and if you use it right, it's light a non-greasy. I like to flat iron my hair, and this really helps. What I do is, once I get out of the shower, I rub a dime size of this in my hair and a fe spritzes of Sunsilk's detangling shine spray and let my hair air dry and then flat iron. It works great - my hair is indredibly soft and silky, and super shiney. Plus my hair isn't greasy or weighed down at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2007 11:09:00 AM More reviews by robbieb

I love this serum. I think from what I've read it may work best for hair that's on the thick side. I wait until my hair has dried a litte and then use it, very sparingly. It definitely cuts down on the frizz, and I personally like the fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2007 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Rshif554

I LOVE this stuff. I have very very frizz prone curly hair, and when I straighten it (or I use it when i leave my hair curly for extra shine) it does the job great. A little goes a long way and it smells good (a little strong though if you use after your hair is dry). Only issue I have - you HAVE to keep the bottle upright or it will leave a oily mess everywhere. Awful to travel with, unless you put in a different bottle. Other than that, it's a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2007 10:49:00 AM More reviews by kdorgan4

This serum is okay. If I blow out my hair it works well and leaves it nice and smooth, BUT if i let my hair dry naturally (wavy)then it doesnt control frizz or what not. So I really dont think its worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2007 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Tracypeyton

I love the scent! This product is one I use daily, not because of the anti-frizz, but because it makes my hair shiny and soft. It will leave hair oily so I do not apply to my roots. Good product for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by parisienne719

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My advice to you: DO NOT transport this product anywhere if it cannot be kept upright. The pump bottle leaks (even when locked), leaving a sticky mess everywhere. I even poured some of the serum into a small travel bottle and it STILL ended up allover my suitcase. The smell is slightly nauseating to me, but if you find sickeningly sweet, fruity fragrances to be pleasant, your opinion may be entirely different than mine. My boyfriend likes the scent after it has faded somewhat, but the greasiness of the product is really what will keep me from repurchasing. You will have to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after using this serum---it leaves a fine film on everything. Also, it weighs down your hair and will make your roots greasy if you touch your hair often. Don't waste your money, even if it is only $4.00. I would suggest Frizz Ease or Redken Glass over this any day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 5:42:00 PM More reviews by denisemarie

Silicone serum products like this one are tricky. If you get one that goes on quick and dry - like Biosilk - read the label. The quick and dry comes from a product that is nearly half alcohol. You get a beautiful fix, but you are also drying out your hair in the process. It then becomes a terrible addition - when you use it, you dry your hair out - but when you're hair is so dried out, you think the answer is more of the product...and on it goes...

Then, there's our friend FrizzEase, which has absolutely no alcohol, but applies like peanut butter and feels like motor oil in the hair.

This product is a good compromise. It does, unfortunately, have some alcohol in it. But it is significantly less "alcoholic" than Biosilk, and it perfoms just as well. It does the job without drying out my hair. And it's dirt cheap with great coupons. So it gets my 5 lippies.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No