Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser

3.5

Active ingredient: Salicylic acid 2.0% Inactive ingredients: Water, glycerin, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, sodium laureth sulfate, decyl glucoside, cocamidopropyl betaine, lauric acid, betaine, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) flower extract, eucalyptus globulus leaf extract, PEG-7 glyceryl cocoate, glyceryl oleate, sodium hydroxide, polyquaternium-7, menthol, disodium EDTA, BHT, DMDM hydantoin, methylparaben, fragrance

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Honestly I didn't have high hopes for this. The first few days it seemed too drying and I began to get flaky patches around my mouth, so I would only use it in the morning as the cooling sensation really wakes me up. My skin's calmed down since then and the seemingly perpetual breakout I'd been suffering through this entire summer seems to have finally been healed - if ever so slightly. Currently all my bumps are healing up quite nice and though it still leaves my skin uncomfortably tight after washing I'm no longer suffering from flaky patches(and my current moisturiser fixes the tightness upon application) and the cooling sensation is pleasant and not bordering on burning. There's still some time before I declare this an "HG" product or even great, but as for now it's working much better than anticipated. I would purchase this again.

on 10/15/2009 3:16:00 PM

I've tried a lot of different cleansers, and I think this is one of the few that I've bought twice. I originally tried it a year ago, and I really liked it, but since I have an inability to commit to one cleanser for an extended period of time, I didn't buy it again after I ran out. However, after using various other unsuccessful cleansers, I decided to buy it again. I like the smell of it, it's got a very clean and fresh scent. It does make your face tingle and feel very cool after you rinse it off, which is really great when it's hot out, or you've just got done working out - It makes you feel very refreshed. Initially I did feel some tightness to my skin, but I don't after using it more. It definitely controls the oil on my face, and the acne. I do still get a pimple here and there but not nearly as big, and it does not last long. The packaging is also great. I love the pump on the bottle, it's really easy to use and it locks also.
Overall, this is a great product in my opinion. It keeps my skin clear, the after use tingle is great, and it's easy to use. The price is around $7 or $8, which I don't mind paying since it's a good product, and it does last awhile. I wouldn't use it if you have terribly sensitive or dry skin.

on 10/6/2009 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I have acne prone skin and I have red spots on my cheeks. So I bought this and for the first 1-2 months it worked n I felt the icy feeling. But unfortunately after that it went away my face never felt cleansed and I didn't get that icy feeling. But it did clean off my makeup very well although it no longer prevented or helped my breakouts. I would not personally buy this again and I am currently searching for a new facial cleanser. I was very consistent in using this and I never went to sleep without washing my makeup off and I don't drink sodas always water n at times juice so it was nothing I was doing wrong it jus wasn't the one for me. So if you would base your decision of whether or not to buy this product on this review and my personal experience then u would choose not to purchase it. But everyone is different so I can't discourage anyone from purchasing it all I can say is it wasn't the cleanser for me.

on 10/6/2009 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had bought this cleanser and I am not to happy with it because of how it dries my skin still even after i washed. It just feels too tight on my face knowing that I have combination/ acne prone skin. I don't think that it will do anything for my pimples though either.

on 10/1/2009 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I was using this cleanser several years ago and due to major breakouts I've been experiencing over the last several months, I wanted to try it again. This time around it really doesn't work as well as it did for my skin in the past. It does, however, take off all traces of foundation IMO, but it doesn't do anything pimples. This also dries out your skin terribly. It's going to the back of my cabinet for now...off to try something else!

on 9/13/2009 12:31:00 PM

So I've wanted a new cleanser that was a lil more potent to clear breakouts and prevent new ones. (I was using Clean & Clear Creme Cleanser) I saw this stuff on Allure's best face cleanser. I picked a bottle up for like $5.69 at Target and I must say this stuff works great! I had a breakout on my chin and next day, completely shrunk. By day two- vanished! I will def keep this as my daily cleanser. It even says on bottle it works like 66% better the Proactive which I can totally agree with cuz Proactive didnt work well for me.

on 8/25/2009 6:29:00 PM

So, I have been on MU for at least 6 weeks or more reading reviews on various products for acne and oily skin. I hadn't really read too much on this product as it was just another drugstore product and wasn't sure I wanted to waste my time. I have tried it all as well as everyone else. It wasn't until I received my free subscription of Allure magazine (which I am still unsure of how I am getting that magazine) that I saw an advertisement for Biore' Dual Fusion, so I thought what the heck. I also bought this cleanser and I believe I have found my HG cleanser and moisturizer! BTW, I have no idea what HG means but by reading so many reviews I have figured out what reviewers are saying. Anyway, this cleanser and the Dual Fusion is awesome. I have very sensitive skin and almost always breakout when trying new things and I have yet to breakout and I have been using these two products for 2 days now. It's even making some cystic acne go away which is amazing to me! I am a super fan of Biore' now!!! If anything changes I'll let y'all know! WOOHOO Biore'!!

on 8/24/2009 10:54:00 PM

I like this product so far, It really feels like you poured Listerine all over your face and a wind blower was in front of you. It does clean my face, and so far I have had no breakouts, and some small pimples I had are slowly disappearing.

The only reason I wont give the 5 lippies is because I don't think it makes wonders, it is a okey-good product in my opinion.

on 8/20/2009 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been using it for years now. I like it so much because it removes make-up and oil, magically doesn't over-dry my skin, smells pretty, doesn't leave any film, and you only need a little bit. A bottle lasts a pretty long time so it is well worth the money. It also has the icy effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on 8/16/2009 3:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this product for over a year now, and I love it.

I switched over to Clinique 3-step "system", just because everyone raves about it, and I ended up with more zits/pimples with the Clinique than had I stayed with my original cleanser.

This product can be a bit drying in the winter, but that's my only complaint. I rarely had breakouts with this product, and I'm going back to it after my failed experiment with Clinique. Not to mention, that icy refreshing feeling is heaven!