July 31, 2014 | 1467 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Blankety

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by katie2009

This is my fav lipstick of all I think!
Love the shade, love the finish, love everything about it really! I have gone through 2 of these already! Blankety is perfect for my skintone, shows really nice on my lips without being overpowering. would definatly buy this again

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

As a previous reviewer noted, I can see a distinctive gray tone to this when I have it on. It's very subtle and doesn't really make it less wearable to me, but I do want to be careful what I wear with it so as not to emphasize it - without the gray tone, this would have been a 5. The texture is wonderful - it gives a perfect, opaque, comfortable coverage. I really love the MAC amplified cream texture overall!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this in a swap and am liking it so far. I don't use it by itself - otherwise it looks too mauvey on my tan NC40 skin. But when I put it over Myth lipstick...ohhh, it looks really good! The texture is great; really creamy and moisturizing, doesn't dry my lips out at all. Lasting power is good too. The colour ontop of Myth looks like a slightly nude medium pink colour...kind of hard to describe, but I like it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

This color looks too purple on my dark olive complexion. It kinda washes me out. Love the texture and it's moisurizing but not loving the color. Will not repurchase.

Update: I'm changing my review because my skin tone is almost back to its normal shade. When I purchased Blankety, I was four shades darker due to travel. Blankety now looks lovely because I'm much lighter. It now looks a creamy nude lilac on me. I don't think this color works with dark complexions but will work well on medium to light complexions. Will repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2009 1:05:00 PM More reviews by paperskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been on a hunt for a great nude lipstick. I was torn between this and Myth. After reading that Myth is almost concealer like, I went with Blankety. I saw swatches and it seemed like a perfect shade. I love the formula but the color isn't what I was expecting. It is a nice neutral lipstick when I apply it. However, this color is barely two shades lighter than my natural lip color. Unless I'm in bright light, it doesn't look like I'm even wearing lipstick. When seeing swatches, it appeared nude on others. I really wanted to love this lipstick. I'm still using it but I've paired it with Underage to get the nude color I wanted.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I most certaintly CANNOT I REPEAT CANNOT WEAR THIS LIPSTICK ALONE! It looks like somebody through flour on my lips, not cute but there is a silverlining to this tragedy, i must apply dazzleglass in bare necessity over this with a light application of my cork liner and BAM, sexiness! I don't reach for this often but when i do this is what i have to do to make it workable.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

Did not like this. I have natural plum hue to my lips and wanted something nude. Looked like I applied concealer to my mouth and it kinda turned a little pink/purple on me as well. Lasted a long time on lips though, so that aspect was great, but I think you need to try this one as it will look different on just about everyone....

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 5:23:00 AM More reviews by SomerGirl78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very soft looking beigey pink that doesn't have a lot of shine and absolutely no shimmer. It is a YLBB color and looks great with my fair skin. For darker skin tones, this might be a little too light. This color is great for wearing a nudish lip when you have dramatic smokey eyes. It almost looks like velvet on my lips. I'd definitely buy again. MAC Jubilee is my favorite lipstick of all time, and this is like the pink-toned version of the peachy-toned Jubilee.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:54:00 AM More reviews by tschueli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick looks horrible on me! It makes my lips look grey!
I wanted more of a "lighter-beigy-milky-nude look" (but still not like a corpse-look, if that makes any sense...) might try hue next...
(I'm C4/NC35)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by missin

Very impressed with this lipstick.

I was looking for a great nude lipstick for a long time, needless to say I finally found it!

This MAC lipstick is very creamy, and not sheer at all. It provides great coverage.. And it does not wash you out at all! Has hints of pink which provide the perfect balance for a nude lip.

Can even be added with lipgloss on top, or alone for a professional and natural look. (Love Nectar from MAC is a perfect fit)

Price is okay (16.50 here in Canada) but definitely worth it for this great colour and coverage lipstick!

Go and buy it if you're looking for the perfect nude lipstick! You will not regret it! In fact, you'll probably want to stock up once you get it ;-)