MAC Blankety

4.1

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 8/9/2009 11:43:00 AM

excellent l/s. great color, great texture, perfect nude!!

on 8/1/2009 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I admit that I bought this lipstick on a whim, I got home, tried it on and I was not impressed. The neutral pink-beige color seemed unexciting, bland and boring.

However, I tried it again and realized this is an important lipstick shade to have, it's a very wearable color, it's considered a nude but actually gives a touch of natural looking color to your lips. It's like your lips but better. Most of the nude lipsticks I own are made to blank out pigmentation and lighten your lips, so this is a good alternative nude. It's also a great lipstick to pair with smokey eyes. The formula is delightfully rich and creamy. I recommend checking out Blankety...only if...you do not own a similar color. I still say it's not the most exciting and it's not necessarily a unique color but the formula is excellent.

on 7/25/2009 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My new fave! I tend to favour baby pinks and mauves but pink doesn't work for every occasion and I look terrible in browns, peaches, reds etc. Although this colour isnt that exciting in the tube and it didn't look like it would work, it is a PERFECT nude colour on my neutral NC/NW20 skin. I have a bit of a golden undertone and it really brings that out in me. I have Fleshpot and Blankety is slight darker and cooler and much easier to wear. I do reccommend putting gloss over top since it can become reminiscent of 90's lips. I prefer glaze and lustre formula's but the most important thing to me is the colour not the formula. I can see this being a try before you buy lipstick wince it is very opaque.

on 7/22/2009 6:54:00 PM

Wish I could give this lippie 3 1/2 star's - pretty average to me. Purchased Blankety as suggested by MUG on YT. Boasts a nice nude/neutral lip on my PPP skin - for reference I'm a NW15 (NW 20 w/a summer-long tan.) This l/s does not have as much pink in it as I expected (as it looks to have in pics), but there is a slight pink/mauve undertone. On me, the color comes off beige with a slight pink - many ladies could pull this off as it's a simple, universal color.

The l/s texture is MAC's amplified formula, but quite frankly, I find it to be drying after 15-20 minutes of wear. MAC l/s just isn't my favorite, I guess. Also, while this does have a creamy consistency, the color is completely flat. Note there is absolutely no shimmer/sparkle whatsoever. This makes the l/s not very exciting, but super easy to pair with gloss! It's actually very close to my natural lip color- it would be good if you're looking for a subdued daytime/work 'no makeup' look. Personally, I don't wear this l/s alone - I prefer to wear it with a pink/purplish gloss OT. Really anything would work - I've used flourabundance, courting rose, dazzleglass in baby sparks or sugarrimmed all by MAC. Also looks nice with NARs orgasm gloss or Smashbox lippie in Pout which is a milky pink.

Blankety makes a nice compliment for smokey eyes and I do like it as a good neutral lipgloss base. Overall, this l/s is not a stand out for me, it's just okay =) I'd probably purchase again, unless I find an HG neutral before my tube is gone. Many neutrals make me look corpse like, which Blankety does not - score! *FYI* - Bobbi Brown l/s in pale pink is almost identical to MAC's Blankety. Funny that these are 2 of the like, 4 lipsticks I own (along with the 400 glosses ;)

*UPDATE*: While this still isn't a stand out color on it's own for me - I find it to be my new go-to l/s. I've been reaching for this everyday - and night for that matter. I love that it's great for a casual setting, business setting, club setting, formal setting - and can easily be changed up depending on what you pair it with/wear over top. Adding another lippie for the sheer versatility of this color - loving it!

on 7/22/2009 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

No a favorite of mine... I only tried it once, maybe i'll try again lol

on 7/20/2009 6:05:00 PM

this is one of my favorite lipsticks def a staple.

You have to know how to work this lippie. It can wash me out if I'm not careful. If I'm going with a more natural eye look, I like to pair it with a slightly darker lipliner and a gloss. Mermaid from Too Faced looks great with it ~it keeps the nude look but adds some irridescent shimmer. So does NARS Hot Wired gloss ~it gives it a pinkier sheen.

Without the darker lipliner & gloss, it works great with dark smokey eyes (the MOD look) and really colorful eye looks.

I'd say it's a great nude but not HG for me (for ref I'm NC25-30).

Might repurchase.

on 7/2/2009 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Oh blankety - I love you so!!! Perfect for a nude beige lip color on NC40 skin but doesn't make you look dead or washed out. I find i reach for this lipstick all the time - it goes with everything!

on 6/30/2009 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This lipstick has a great nude pinky color! I loved the color of it and the coverage was quite good.

However i found it a bit too drying for my lips.
After a few hours, my lips would start to crackle a bit or even flake! I tried putting lip balm on before putting this lipstick on, but it still seemed to dry my lips out... The only way i could make it stop drying that much was to put lipbalm before and lipgloss after!

on 6/27/2009 7:58:00 AM

I love it, my friends love it. It suits well with every look possible.
This is my HG lippy, can get a tad drying for me though. That won't make me part with it.

Popular Lipsticks