MAC Blankety

castor oil, trioctydodecyl citrate, glyceryl triacetyl hydroxysterate, candellla wax, octydodecanol, silica, jojoba oil, beeswax, sesame oil, ozokerite, carnauba wax, cetyl ricinoleate, microcrystalline wax, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, vanillin.

on 9/25/2009 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

this isnt my favorite nude or MLBB but it's still great nonetheless. what separates this from one of my favorites is that it isnt beige-grey enough, this is slightly peachy which is not a natural look on me.
it's still flattering but it isnt what i was looking for exactly.

on 9/22/2009 6:07:00 PM

One of my favorite nude/neutral MAC lipsticks. I think it works good for olivey/tan tones. I have olive skin and sometimes is hard to find lip colors that are the right shade for my skin. Love this one.

on 9/22/2009 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This was my first nude lipstick from Mac, and i love it. It is so creamy so moisturizing. This has been a lipstick that i have repurchased many times. It is beautiful.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my first nude lippy. I like it, but I have to have the right makeup for it. Once I wore it with just my everyday makeup, and my mom asked if I was feeling a bit sick because the lipstick made me look so pale ugh. When I was looking for nude lipsticks I told the SA I wanted to try Myth. I tried it and it look horrific on me. The SA said it was too cool toned for me (nc35) so she had me try Blankety...and viola! I liked it a lot better. She also suggested to put Viva Glam V lipgloss over it which made it look even better.

on 8/21/2009 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

My HG nude lippie. I'm very fair, cool complected, cool brunette. This is just the perfect nude "color" for me. I like the pale nude lip trend, but Blankety gives more life to my face. Not too beige, not too pink, not too peach, this is just the perfect nude. I LOVE amplified cremes. They are very rich and pigmented, and if I apply 2 layers and blot after each, it will actually last for hours on me. I always use balm underneath, so I don't have a problem with dryness. Will rebuy!

on 8/11/2009 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my go to nude lipstick. Have repurchased three times. Looks amazing with smokey eyes & tousled 80's hair. Perfect for my Mac NC20 complexion.

on 8/9/2009 11:43:00 AM

excellent l/s. great color, great texture, perfect nude!!

on 8/1/2009 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I admit that I bought this lipstick on a whim, I got home, tried it on and I was not impressed. The neutral pink-beige color seemed unexciting, bland and boring.

However, I tried it again and realized this is an important lipstick shade to have, it's a very wearable color, it's considered a nude but actually gives a touch of natural looking color to your lips. It's like your lips but better. Most of the nude lipsticks I own are made to blank out pigmentation and lighten your lips, so this is a good alternative nude. It's also a great lipstick to pair with smokey eyes. The formula is delightfully rich and creamy. I recommend checking out Blankety...only do not own a similar color. I still say it's not the most exciting and it's not necessarily a unique color but the formula is excellent.

on 7/25/2009 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My new fave! I tend to favour baby pinks and mauves but pink doesn't work for every occasion and I look terrible in browns, peaches, reds etc. Although this colour isnt that exciting in the tube and it didn't look like it would work, it is a PERFECT nude colour on my neutral NC/NW20 skin. I have a bit of a golden undertone and it really brings that out in me. I have Fleshpot and Blankety is slight darker and cooler and much easier to wear. I do reccommend putting gloss over top since it can become reminiscent of 90's lips. I prefer glaze and lustre formula's but the most important thing to me is the colour not the formula. I can see this being a try before you buy lipstick wince it is very opaque.

on 7/22/2009 6:54:00 PM

Wish I could give this lippie 3 1/2 star's - pretty average to me. Purchased Blankety as suggested by MUG on YT. Boasts a nice nude/neutral lip on my PPP skin - for reference I'm a NW15 (NW 20 w/a summer-long tan.) This l/s does not have as much pink in it as I expected (as it looks to have in pics), but there is a slight pink/mauve undertone. On me, the color comes off beige with a slight pink - many ladies could pull this off as it's a simple, universal color.

The l/s texture is MAC's amplified formula, but quite frankly, I find it to be drying after 15-20 minutes of wear. MAC l/s just isn't my favorite, I guess. Also, while this does have a creamy consistency, the color is completely flat. Note there is absolutely no shimmer/sparkle whatsoever. This makes the l/s not very exciting, but super easy to pair with gloss! It's actually very close to my natural lip color- it would be good if you're looking for a subdued daytime/work 'no makeup' look. Personally, I don't wear this l/s alone - I prefer to wear it with a pink/purplish gloss OT. Really anything would work - I've used flourabundance, courting rose, dazzleglass in baby sparks or sugarrimmed all by MAC. Also looks nice with NARs orgasm gloss or Smashbox lippie in Pout which is a milky pink.

Blankety makes a nice compliment for smokey eyes and I do like it as a good neutral lipgloss base. Overall, this l/s is not a stand out for me, it's just okay =) I'd probably purchase again, unless I find an HG neutral before my tube is gone. Many neutrals make me look corpse like, which Blankety does not - score! *FYI* - Bobbi Brown l/s in pale pink is almost identical to MAC's Blankety. Funny that these are 2 of the like, 4 lipsticks I own (along with the 400 glosses ;)

*UPDATE*: While this still isn't a stand out color on it's own for me - I find it to be my new go-to l/s. I've been reaching for this everyday - and night for that matter. I love that it's great for a casual setting, business setting, club setting, formal setting - and can easily be changed up depending on what you pair it with/wear over top. Adding another lippie for the sheer versatility of this color - loving it!

Recommended for Medium Skin