August 2, 2014 | 1142 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by georgiasmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! My derm recommended it to me, he said to use almay or Clinique so I started with almay since it's cheaper. I am about to buy my third bottle. I love it! I use a sponge only twice, once each side. I also make sure to wash my face on the nights when I have worn make up, I don't wash at night if I'm not wearing make up. My complexion has improved greatly. I'm even pregnant right now for my second time and my face was a wreck last time! I was using BE then. When I went to my derm in the summer it was actually to ask about the Clarisonic brush. He said not to get it. Just to switch make up. This foundation has made a world of difference. YAAYYY! Oh, and I also use the almay loose powder and the almay blush.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Cathimag16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I have to admit that when I first used this...I thought....no way. It didn't seem to have as much coverage I wanted...it appeared too sheer. But after having horrible breakouts from aquasmooth, and adding some salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide to my routine, I was on a mission to clear my skin. So, I started using this again. I use probably 15 "dots" with my finger, and blend with a sponge. Because this isn't full coverage, it's necessary to follow up with a concealer if you have blemishes/spots. The almay clear complexion concealer works great for this. And a light dusting of powder is good. This makeup really evens out skin tone but looks so natural at the same time...and is also long lasting for me. I believe that this has really helped to clear my skin because it doesn't cause any new blemishes. I never worry about breaking out when wearing this. I was using aquasmooth because it was quick, heavy coverage, but it took me forever to finally admit it was breaking me out. I would much rather take an extra couple of mins. in the morning and know that my skin will look great still after taking the makeup off. The color selection is great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the Clear Complexion Concealer for as long as I can remember for me acne prone/acne scarred skin. I decided I might as well try the matching foundation. And I am very impressed!
This foundation is medium coverage after just one application. You could probably layer it to get high coverage, but I find that it covers enough for me with just one application. I really only need concealer on actual belmishes and under my eyes--not on every single scar like before! Best of all: It controls oil all day. Normally I have to apply powder in the middle of the day, but I felt like I barely needed any touch ups with this!
The only cons about this are that it is a bit pricey for a drugstore foundation (but worth it, I think) and the bottle. It's a little messy, but nothing major.
HG foundation? I think so :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by musicgeek00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have sensitive acne prone skin and am now on my second bottle of this foundation. As long as I make sure I regularly change/clean my foundation sponge it doesn't break me out. The only problem I have is the coverage isn't all that great, but you can build it up okay. I would definitely recommend this to someone with acne prone or sensitive skin who is looking for something cheap.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by victoriasinger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Note that i have only used this ONCE. I will update if anything seems to change upon more times using this. So, i used this today and when i was putting it on i thought YUCK. because it wasn't covering barely anything... and the formula dries VERY QUICKLY. but, after i put it on and let it set then put my dream matte powder over it, it looked really good =] this did not make my crazy oily skin any more oily which i love! the color beige also matches me to a T.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by lemaya

My HG makeup! Never makes me break out ! Just the perfect coverage ! Even better than Revlon Colorstay wich is another good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jasminschade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

(Sorry this is long, but I hope you find it helpful!)

While I would hold back on calling Almay Clear Complexion (Foundation) my HG - it is pretty darn close!

I have been using Almay CC for at least two years straight; it has been a constant facial companion and has never given me a surprise. Like a good friend, this foundation is reliable and consistent. It holds well with oil (and girls I kid you not I might have the oiliest skin the world... or top ten! I need to blot every couple hours on a GOOD day) and does not separate. Since my skin is so oily I have never had it flake my skin, etc... actually I have recently given up moisturizing all together! It is really perfectly fine for me.

While I am oily skinned, I have never had an acne problem (until very recently.. that's another story and another product review!) so unfortunately I cannot comment on the "healing" properties of this foundation - but the salicylic acid does help with oil too, so points for that! Never had a break out from it!

The coverage is medium for sure; even medium-high if you use a foundation brush. I recently purchased a MAC foundation brush and began using it with the Almay CC - it is a little streaky but nothing that can't be helped with dabbing. To my pleasant surprise, Almay CC dried nicely and does not blotch if you add more wet foundation to it (ie, building coverage) as I was doing this with the MAC brush.

I agree that the shades are a little on the pink side; I am a very Olive toned girl and while I am at the point where I think there will never be a shade for me out there (more on that below...) - SAND in the Almay CC had a yellow/green enough base to work well with Olive tones.

The price is extremely affordable, the packaging could be better (with a pump) but to me, this is neither here nor there. The reliability of this foundation is just plain old awesome!

So I am at the point where I am ready to commit to Almay CC for as long as possible... even call it my Holy Grail! BUT, I'd like to see a few other foundations just to be sure. I have just purchased MAC Studio Fix NC25 and I am going to try it tomorrow morning! The tone is much better for olives... but will it hold up like Almay CC has done to wonderfully? We'll have to wait and see.

All in all, Almay CC is an amazing foundation. It may not be as high-class as MAC or anything else, but it is certainly great. Animal friendly too for extra points! Washes off well too. Love it love it!

I would recommend this 100000%!!!! Take care everyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish this product would come with a pump, but oh well. It is nice, it does not make me break out, but I find it does not provide full coverage. It is a good foundation, but I prefer to stick to Vichy, which provides better coverage and also does not make my break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 2:03:00 AM More reviews by EmsAlley

This product works very well with my sensitive, combination skin. It used to be too moisturizing years ago, but now it's a fairly perfect balance. It does not trigger breakouts, but I don't know if it exactly heals them either. Either way, no harm done. It DOES have an orange-ish tint, but I this isn't a problem if I buy the shade with warm, pale yellow tint (Buff #2).
The packaging is 4/5 because I'd prefer a pump, just to not contaminate the jar if I use fingers to apply.
The price is cheap - generally around $10 USD, which makes it my daily staple. I will continue to use it since it covers up dry patches of skin while controlling the oily parts. Once the winter sets in, though, I may need to alter things a bit. Overall, good product and price.
Edit: I also like that this foundation provides medium coverage - with my skin issues, it's ideal.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2010 6:03:00 AM More reviews by ivana01

i've just started using this and so far it seems to turn really orange after a while, the coverage isn't too bad but it's way too drying and it really accentuates my dry patches and it looks like im wearing a cake on my face! and im not sure if it's the foundation causing it but everytime i take it off it seems like i've gotten more than a few new spots and im not planning on buying it again. im trying the MAC face and body foundation next so wish me luck people and a review will be out shortly!