August 23, 2014 | 1806 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover18

I have acne-prone, combination skin, with a very dry T-zone. Strobe Cream is a heavy moisturizer with brightening particles that give a pink sheen to the skin. While I would never use this all over the face, especially since my skin is very acne-prone, I do like to use this on my cheeks as a highlighter. Alone, it gives a subtle sheen to the skin; when layered with a highlight color (like an MSF or a pigment) it gives that extra oomph to the color and makes it last longer. Strobe Cream is a bit pricey at $29.50, but since I only use a little bit of it, it will last me a long time. If I ever needed to repurchase, I would.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 6:00:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meh....I thought this was nothing special for me personally. I have mized it with foundation, worn it over and under too. I used Strobe Cream with my almost HG dewly luminous look foundation MAC Face And Body and it actually made the foundation look not as good as usual. But Strobe cream GREATLY inproved my Revlon Colorstay foundation. I just mixed some in with and it and applied with my 187 and it took the cakeyiness away.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2008 4:34:00 AM More reviews by hellokitty05

I am a mac whore but lately i've been giving alot of their products not so good reviews. LOL.

4 years ago when I originally bought strobe cream it was my Godsend, I glowed, it was fantastic when mixed with foundation or worn alone.....

fast track 2008 (post pregnancy) and I use my beloved strobe cream and BAM! things have changed. Now it could be a number of reasons

1) I'm still using the same tube from 4 years ago - maybe it has gone off
2) Post pregnancy and my hormone's have changed my skin and therefore this isn't working for my skin chemistry.
3) I prefer more of an illuminant and this is not entirely illuminating (when compared to "High Beam" by Benefit)

Back when I did use it I noticed it was not skin oily friendly but I got away with wearing it for a few hours before it started to look like a mess. When mixed with foundation it was perfect. I didn't see much of a result if I applied it on bare skin and then applied my powder foundation.

It's not bad but it's not "wow". I would buy it again to mix in my foundation. I wouldn't wear it alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Blooregard13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS! I bought this product out of curiousity after reading all the great reviews and I have to say it really does what it promises.
I don't wear foundation so I wear Strobe Cream by itself and it gives my face a really healthy, natural glow. A bit pricey, but it's definitely worth the money. Will buy again and again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this and was pleasantly surprised. I may be one of the only people in the world who will say this, but I am not a fan of MAC. Most of their products don't work for me, and I have been continuously disappointed in their makeup.
This, however, is an exception.
I was not expecting to like this cream but WOW. It made my skin look so radiant. I put it on my cheekbones and brow bones, and I looked like I had had my makeup professionally done.

Why the 3 lipsticks only, then? Well, it made me break out in these tiny little bumps all over where I'd put it the next day. Not impressed with that. I couldn't use it again because who wants to highlight tiny weird bumps?
And I am also only giving it 3 because of the price. I don't think it should be that expensive. But I will admit I'm cheap, and a little does go a very very long way. So the 3 lipsticks is more for the break-out I got.

I MIGHT buy this product again.. but I'm thinking I wouldn't. I try my sample a couple times for now and edit this if anything changes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2008 9:58:00 PM More reviews by imbrys

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I liked this product. I really do like the finish it leaves once applied. It's like a glowy sort of look. The problem is if you have oily skin it ends up looking bad as the day goes on. The combination of oily skin and this product is not a good look. It is a greasy look. Especially in pics! Yuk! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by socalsteph

I have been using this product since it came out and as soon as it gets low, I buy another. I consistently get compliments on my skin. They always say my skin glows and what do I do to get my skin to glow the way it does. I sqeeze a dab of this and mix it with a dab of Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. Since you don't need a lot to get the results, my tube lasts a months! I will always buy this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2008 11:23:00 AM More reviews by grace11103

for the price i thought it'd do so much better.... i hardly get breakouts but this made me breakout more than i ever have.... i only use it on my cheeks since they can take the creamier stuff, but i make sure to stay away from the tzone area when using this (being summer my skin is oilier in this area)... i'll try it again in the winter when my skin tends to be more dry..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

"The ultimate quick fix for the skin. Super-powered with potent botanicals; de-snoozes, de-stresses, moistens, freshens and boosts the look of dull, flat or tired-looking skin with a fully loaded vitamin zap and a mega dose of green tea. Brightens and clarifies with iridescent particles and antioxidants. Enhances the effects of light on all skin and in all lighting conditions from sunlight to spotlight."
(From MAC website)

STROBE CREAM can be used on its own or as a highlighter. Under foundation or tinted moisturizer this product gives skin a lightly dewy look. On itís own itís also glowy, but still looks natural. Iíve no problems using it on my n15 skin.

STROBE CREAM doesnít irritate my dry, sensitive skin. It feels nice and smoothing & the light fragrance is lovely & fresh. The tube is shaped so itís easy to grip & when itís nearly empty itís easy to balance on its lid.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by MiuMiuLvoe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really love this base/highligher. it gives me perfect glowy skin. if i want heavy make up i can, if i just wanna conceal some flaws and have a light makeup it works. either way it gives me a nice glowy healthy sexy look. can't compare to any other ones. i also like the subtleness.