November 22, 2014 | 1681 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by cwa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is OK but nothing special. It looks good at first but I find it wears off quickly. I have to use it on top of my makeup (only on cheeks) because if I use it underneath, I can't even see a difference. Definitely not worth the price. I will try something different next.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2008 6:14:00 AM More reviews by sweetpea63

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap here on MUA and I really don't know what all the fuss is about. I am starting to wonder now if I just got an old package of the stuff. Mine came in a squeeze tube and I see on the MAC sight that it comes in a bottle now. This really did'nt do anything for me at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2008 3:27:00 AM More reviews by sugahxpops

Strobe Cream is generally a really good quality "undergarment" makeup...meaning it's something that, when used appropriately, makes your skin look youthful, hydrated and fresh without signs of coverage.

In it's liquid-like form, I tap it onto my cheekbones and carry it under my eye and in my eye corners and I always dab a little on the cupids bow of my lips. It's kind of like making the light hit where YOU want it to. I think it's about $55AU which isn't cheap, but you get alot for what I use it for, and the packaging is shimmery and glam.

Use it sparingly and it's stunning :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've used this product off and on for over 4 years and couldn't truly say I loved it until recently. So here are a few things bout this product - if my skin is irritated or flaky, this looks awful. But when my skin is smooth this looks amazing and very complimentary. It gives my skin an instant glow and fresh look.
Dislike MACs new packaging on some of their bottles. I feel like I have to squeeze and shake the crap out of it to get as much product as I can out of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by Beauty0Marked

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Skin Tone: For reference Iím an NW15 with green eyes and dark brown hair which I usually have highlighted with blonde.
Lips: Medium-high pigmented lips.
Skin Type: Dry/sensitive skin prone to occasional breakouts around jawline.

I must admit though that I was slightly disappointed when I first tried it as I kind of wanted something that was more iridescent, but I do really love this product as it gives a nice subtle glow on days when your skin looks a bit dull which mine often does.
I just apply a thin layer of this under my foundation and my skin is good to go. I will definitely purchase this again but if you are looking for something with more iridescence my guess is that this is not quite the product you are looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by bv711

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product could be worn alone-with your moisturizer, under foundation or after foundation, highlight on top of blush-- so extremely versatile. It's this opalescent shade of pink, gold, white and lilac--it's beautiful. It feels rich and creamy although it has no moisturizing properties, but it does have caffeine which is a great skin revver upper. It may seem to be on the costlier side but in reality a little product goes a long, long way. It comes in a nice hygienic squeeze bottle that you stand down so all product can be easily squeezed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Peacelover18

I have acne-prone, combination skin, with a very dry T-zone. Strobe Cream is a heavy moisturizer with brightening particles that give a pink sheen to the skin. While I would never use this all over the face, especially since my skin is very acne-prone, I do like to use this on my cheeks as a highlighter. Alone, it gives a subtle sheen to the skin; when layered with a highlight color (like an MSF or a pigment) it gives that extra oomph to the color and makes it last longer. Strobe Cream is a bit pricey at $29.50, but since I only use a little bit of it, it will last me a long time. If I ever needed to repurchase, I would.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 6:00:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meh....I thought this was nothing special for me personally. I have mized it with foundation, worn it over and under too. I used Strobe Cream with my almost HG dewly luminous look foundation MAC Face And Body and it actually made the foundation look not as good as usual. But Strobe cream GREATLY inproved my Revlon Colorstay foundation. I just mixed some in with and it and applied with my 187 and it took the cakeyiness away.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2008 4:34:00 AM More reviews by hellokitty05

I am a mac whore but lately i've been giving alot of their products not so good reviews. LOL.

4 years ago when I originally bought strobe cream it was my Godsend, I glowed, it was fantastic when mixed with foundation or worn alone.....

fast track 2008 (post pregnancy) and I use my beloved strobe cream and BAM! things have changed. Now it could be a number of reasons

1) I'm still using the same tube from 4 years ago - maybe it has gone off
2) Post pregnancy and my hormone's have changed my skin and therefore this isn't working for my skin chemistry.
3) I prefer more of an illuminant and this is not entirely illuminating (when compared to "High Beam" by Benefit)

Back when I did use it I noticed it was not skin oily friendly but I got away with wearing it for a few hours before it started to look like a mess. When mixed with foundation it was perfect. I didn't see much of a result if I applied it on bare skin and then applied my powder foundation.

It's not bad but it's not "wow". I would buy it again to mix in my foundation. I wouldn't wear it alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Blooregard13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS! I bought this product out of curiousity after reading all the great reviews and I have to say it really does what it promises.
I don't wear foundation so I wear Strobe Cream by itself and it gives my face a really healthy, natural glow. A bit pricey, but it's definitely worth the money. Will buy again and again!