October 21, 2014 | 913 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by aylla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the most matte lipstick I have ever owned. Because of that, it is a bit dry to apply and it applies like a paint. However, it DOES NOT feel dry or look dry. I loved to see that it didn't show any cracks on my lips or anything, although I can see why some reviewers with really dry lips have complained. It can cling to skin.
The red is absolutely amazing!!!
I was concerned it would look odd on my yellow undertones since it is very blue-based, it does not. I like it much better than Russian Red.
Every time I wear this lipstick I get so many complements! And I am usually the 'my-lips-but-better' kind of girl.

If you are still insecure about the color, there is a really great Drugstore dupe. It is 901 matte lipstick from Wet'n'wild. It looks really similar, but I have to say that its lasting power and smoothness aren't as great.

I will absolutely buy it again if I ever run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by MandyniX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel like this is the kinda lipstick you either adore or hate. Personally I love it! Its matte doesn't really transer and lasts FOREVER. It is very dry but I love the matte true red retro look it gives me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I have always loved this lipstick on everyone else and I thought it was supposed to work on EVERYone but unfortunately it didn't on me - and I am a lover of strong lipsticks. It just looks cheap so I gave my tube away to a friend.

However, I see all the pictures of different skin colours wearing it and I may be tempted to try it again in the store. Otherwise, I think MAC's Russian Red is a better choice for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. This is my go to classic red lip. Works so well with cat eye liner and dramatic lashes. Or just black tight lined eyes and bronzed cheeks for a more on trend look. This to me is the perfect red for fair skin with yellow undertones. Russian red is much better for those with cool undertones. On me Russian red looks dated and aging because it's just not as hip or as flattering on my skin tone. You have to get it right if you're going to rock a red lip. Go check it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

How I loveloveLOVE a bold retro lip, and from MAC to boot! This colour is absolutely beautiful, a true blue-based RED.

My only issue with Ruby Woo is how dry it is. I find I need to check up on it as it's dryness can affect the inner corners of my lips.

I found if I have at it with my hairdryer on low for just a few seconds the application is a lot easier/smoother.

While MAC's "Strut Your Stuff" kissable lip colour was still being made I had always topped it with that to ensure it stays nice n' moist. Since SYS was limited (..:'(..) I now dab a bit of Russian Red lipglass on top.

Similar lippies that I very much like, by MAC, are: Russian Red, and MAC Red. They feel more moisturizing and don't have me worrying in the back of my head to check my lips often.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Ryanne

This is the nicest red lipstick!!:-) Love the color and it makes me feel beautiful everytime!!:-) my friends love it too!!:-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by AbbeyLatina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this lipstick a couple of weeks ago, and I'm certainly glad that I did! This lipstick is a vivid red with a berry purple undertone if you look closely! Temptalia has some great, true to color swatches of this on her website and if you look at the picture of Ruby Woo swatched on her hand, you will see a purple undertone.. don't be scared! This lipstick can suit anyone whether you're fair-skinned, dark-skinned, have a yellow undertone or red undertone! Definite must-have and speaks 'girl power'

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Elle547

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love love love this lipstick. I wore it to dinner and a musical last night(Wicked). This stuff wore like a champ. It is a dry lipstick but I don't mind because it stays so well and I wouldn't wear it every day anyway. The color is a beautiful red. Instantly dresses up any outfit you wear. I will absolutely purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by StinaBG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was absolute LOVE at first application.
I was a bit hesitant to buy this at first because people said it felt drying on their lips,
and was a bit hard to apply,
but I haven't had that problem at all. I just put a thin cover of chapstick on my lips and then blot them with a towel first, and the application goes smoothly with a WONDERFUL matte effect. Yes, I'm a sucker for matte lipsticks, because I hate the feeling of sticky things on my lips, and this lipstick is about as matte as it gets.
But the real wonder of this lipstick is how well it wears. I was actually shocked when I grabbed a glass of water and there was no - I repeat NO lipstick mark on the glass after I'd taken a zip!
It wears like a champ, has the perfect red color and matte texture, so I am LOVING IT.
New hg for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by pisces31919

Note: If you are feeling anything less than fabulous, DO NOT
wear this lipstick!!! This lipstick is for when you are looking to be noticed because it will make both men and women stare at you! Ruby Woo, in my opinion, is THE best red lipstick out there! Beautiful blue based matte red. It's an unusually dry lippie so please exfoliate lips before wearing. I love to wear RW with my hair pulled backed, cheeks highligted, and neural eyes with an extra coat of mascara :-)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No