Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 12/14/2008 1:30:00 AM

I like it, left my face feeling very clean. I get a lot of build up on my skin with make up, flakes etc... and this is the best for getting rid of it all. It is on the drying side, so it's not a daily cleanser for me.

But warning do not use this anywhere near your eyes. I got some on my eye once and oh my god I have never been in so much pain. I was almost screaming it hurt so bad and it took a good 5 minutes of flushing my eye with cold water to get the pain to stop. Then another hour or more before my vision stopped being blurry.

on 12/10/2008 12:39:00 AM

I too got this as a gift with purchase whilst repurchasing my regular 3 step system (Liquid facial soap in mild for winter as I use the oily version in summer, #4 clarifying lotion and DDMG) I also love to use Clinique's exfoliating scrub. Anyways, I understand what the other readers mention about a different feeling... but I don't find it to feel like a residue or tight or tacky. My skin just feels clean. For the first time in a long time. I love the 3 step, but my oily skin has never felt cleaner. (I used to use Neutrogena foaming cleanser before the 3 step as a makeup remover). It removes makeup amazingly well, my only gripe is the stinging if you get it in your eyes, but I just close mine until I wipe it all off anyways now. Lately I've been mixing half a pea sized amount of this and my scrub to get rid of winter flakies and I just love the feeling it leaves. I really like this product, and Clinique in general.

on 11/24/2008 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. I always feel clean after I use this to wash my face. I tend to use another cleanser after I wash my face with this, since it is just a makeup remover. A little bit definitely goes a long way, which is good since it's ridiculously over priced.

on 11/18/2008 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this cleanser. I used to use it during High school when i only ever wore makeup going out on the weekend and it was GREAT to wash off my makeup. But I found if I use this any more than once a week my skin gets so so dry!!It goes a long way as it foams up very well into a thick feeling foam. It gets rid of makeup really well. it leaves skin feeling a little tight and dry as it has some strong ingredients in it which dries out the skin. So for this fact i don't recommend it for sensitive/ dry skin.

on 11/17/2008 3:35:00 PM

I love this. It is rich, very foamy and makes me feel like I am getting my skin very clean. It is the best foaming cleanser I have tried but it is quite expensive.

on 11/11/2008 6:38:00 PM

Quite a few reviewers have complained about this tacky residue this cleanser leaves, but I've never gotten that. The only thing is, it's does dry your skin up a bit, so make sure you moisturize tons after. I got it for free, so I can't complain, but I doubt I'll be spending money on this.

on 11/8/2008 1:55:00 PM

I don't get this product at all. It leaves me skin feeling stripped of all moisture whilst at the same time leaving a sticky, tacky feeling behind. My daughter tried it and found the same result. Besdies this, it burned when I got some in my eyes. I am glad it was a freebie.

on 11/8/2008 9:12:00 AM

I've been using this product for a while & been repurchased several times. I love it! Removes all my make-up easily. I usually only use this at night when I have make-up on. I love that my face feels clean afterward, unlike other cleanser that still leaves behind greasy feeling on me. A tiny bit is all you need. I also like the tube packaging, it's convenient for travelling. Price is somewhat expensive if you compare it to drugstore brands, but there are a lot of more expensive cleansers out there that don't work as well as this one.

on 11/1/2008 1:28:00 AM

I don't really know why everyone hates this product. I got it today and it seems to be working well. Maybe they re-formulated it? No idea. It has a creamy consistency. When rubbed together forms a little leather. They I rub my face with it, and wash it off. My face was not very dry after I removed it and believe me, I have pretty dry skin which flakes on some areas year round. When I move my mouth I did not feel very tight. It does a decent job on removing makeup. Overall I think it's good. But you do have to wash your face afterwards.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Got this as a GWP, and it's... okay. It doesn't really foam up as advertised; it's like cold cream in consistency. God love Clinique, they do know how to market these things. This stuff is supposed to be a makeup remover only, I guess, since the package instructs you to use the 3-step system afterwards (which includes soap). And no wonder-- this cleanser leaves a tight, dry film even on my oily skin; I felt the need to cleanse it again just to get rid of that weird feeling (if you've ever let Noxzema dry on your skin, it feels just like that). It didn't even remove all of my non-waterproof mascara.

In short... meh.