August 28, 2014 | 1768 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by utopiancity

Quite a few reviewers have complained about this tacky residue this cleanser leaves, but I've never gotten that. The only thing is, it's does dry your skin up a bit, so make sure you moisturize tons after. I got it for free, so I can't complain, but I doubt I'll be spending money on this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I don't get this product at all. It leaves me skin feeling stripped of all moisture whilst at the same time leaving a sticky, tacky feeling behind. My daughter tried it and found the same result. Besdies this, it burned when I got some in my eyes. I am glad it was a freebie.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 9:12:00 AM More reviews by moshi2

I've been using this product for a while & been repurchased several times. I love it! Removes all my make-up easily. I usually only use this at night when I have make-up on. I love that my face feels clean afterward, unlike other cleanser that still leaves behind greasy feeling on me. A tiny bit is all you need. I also like the tube packaging, it's convenient for travelling. Price is somewhat expensive if you compare it to drugstore brands, but there are a lot of more expensive cleansers out there that don't work as well as this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't really know why everyone hates this product. I got it today and it seems to be working well. Maybe they re-formulated it? No idea. It has a creamy consistency. When rubbed together forms a little leather. They I rub my face with it, and wash it off. My face was not very dry after I removed it and believe me, I have pretty dry skin which flakes on some areas year round. When I move my mouth I did not feel very tight. It does a decent job on removing makeup. Overall I think it's good. But you do have to wash your face afterwards.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this as a GWP, and it's... okay. It doesn't really foam up as advertised; it's like cold cream in consistency. God love Clinique, they do know how to market these things. This stuff is supposed to be a makeup remover only, I guess, since the package instructs you to use the 3-step system afterwards (which includes soap). And no wonder-- this cleanser leaves a tight, dry film even on my oily skin; I felt the need to cleanse it again just to get rid of that weird feeling (if you've ever let Noxzema dry on your skin, it feels just like that). It didn't even remove all of my non-waterproof mascara.

In short... meh.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this and have not exactly purchased one. I used a sample from a GWP. It felt like it left a film on my face and made it extremely tight. Would never purchase. Alos, it didn't take off all of my amkeup like the Wash-Away Gel cleanser does.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by eyeleen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

My skin normally does not even require a moisturizer, but with this stuff.... yikes. It certainly does the job of removing makeup, but it strips your face like no other. I used it yesterday in a pinch, and today my face is still so dry and tight that it's uncomfortable to make facial expressions. Yuck! That can't be good for your skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best makeup removers on the market. The pearly pink cleanser foams up into a luxuriously creamy lather and easily washes away even the heaviest of makeup. I took away a lippie because it can dry skin out just a bit; plus, it stings like crazy if you accidentally get some in your eyes.

This cleanser is recommended for normal to dry skin types and is supposed to be used before Clinique's 3-Step system to remove makeup. I used this cleanser about 12 years ago and then swtiched to the Wash Away Gel cleanser, which is recommended for oilier skin types. I recently received a deluxe sample of the Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser in a GWP and rediscovered how effective the product is at removing makeup. I have extremely oily skin and this products works perfectly for me.

At $17.50 a tube, it's a little more expensive than some cleansers on the market but not outrageously expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by chanelmontes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've bought this 3 times already and love it. I use it everyday regardless if I have makeup on or not as it cleans my face really well and has managed to clear my complexion. I still use to get pimples off and on with other cleansers, but with this one, I rarely break out. Remember to only use a small amount because a little goes a long way.
UPDATE 2/28/09-->Unfortunately after using this product for a year, my face has become really dry feeling tight every morning, even with the usage of a moisturizer for dry skin. It took me this long to finally realize this was the culprit so now I've been using Cetaphil and my skin doesn't feel tight anymore which is wonderful. Plus it also takes off my makeup and doesn't sting my eyes like this cleaner does.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 9:34:00 AM More reviews by JazzleBug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a wonderfully textured, super foamy cleanser. Unfortunately, it's a bit too drying for my skin, which makes me sad because it's sorta fun to use. I can use it every once in a while, but regularly and my skin rebels. Makes a phenomenal shaving cream, though!!! Especially if you add a bit to a pouf in the shower - suds everywhere.