September 23, 2014 | 1795 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2007 11:38:00 AM More reviews by primflower

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this today from Sally's. It costs £9.99 here (England) which is approximately $20 US.
I bought the lightest shade Laurel Nude, after reading the reviews here. There were no testers available.
I love the compact, with its separate compartment for the sponge, and I like the size of the sponge too.

I tried it dry on one half of my face and dampened the sponge on the the other side. It applied nicely, giving good coverage, and the colour was almost perfect.
However, two hours later, it has turned orange and gone quite dark. This is a very common problem for me with foundations, both dry and liquid types., so it's my skin rather than the make up itself to blame, but still, I dont want an orange face.The hunt for a great powder foundation continues - I do love the LP one but it is very £££ and I would love to find one that I like as much but at a more reasonable price.
EDITED TO UPDATE. Well, I tried this again and it did not turn orange. The colour stayed true. Using it over moisturiser made it turn orange. If I use the powder dry, over bare skin, it looks pretty good. It lasts well too. So, I think this is a winner in the summer months, but in the winter I need a moisturiser so it will not work then.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by DianaCtyGrl

This product rocks! The only reason I purchased it was because of the great reviews. I am not disappointed. Not cakey, didn't change color, didn't have to retouch. I never buy drugstore or beauty supply MU because I can't touch, feel, smell or apply it for a color match but I took my chances and I love this product! $7.99USD, you can't go wrong.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2007 7:57:00 PM More reviews by glossylocks

I thought this looked cakey on. Couldn't find a right shade for my nc 25 skin. I will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by julidan0203

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this last night since I was looking for a powder foundation that could perform well without breaking my wallet and I read the excellent reviews here. It grabbed my attention that these products are based on herbal ingredients, which I like. For reference I'm a MMM/LOLA and my skin tends to be combo, but since I just gave birth I think the hormones just turned it a bit oilier. The shade I bought was "Neroli bronze 405"which was perfect for me. I have to say that I'm impressed by this product. It really covers any flaws w/o hiding my skin completely (and that's hard to get with a powder foundation). It controls the oilies pretty well (for about four hours in this hot, humid weather, w/o touchups) and the shade hasn't turned orange or grayish on me. I also bought the Rice Paper in Warm beige to deal with oil control, just in case. At this point, I think I this might be HG material, only time will tell.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by carmenlarue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product I stopped using because I just wanted something new. I tried Pur Minerals but it was very oily after application and it had a funny shine to it and the color was to light for and the tan was to dark for me. So I decided to start using the Palladio wet/dry powder foundation and I absolutely love this powder it is the perfect color everlasting tan which is perfect match to my skin. GREAT PRODUCT will buy again...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2007 2:22:00 PM More reviews by psychocandy7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like most of you out there I have been looking FOREVER for a foundation that will cover my many flaws, while still looking as natural as possible, and with this product I believe I have finally found just that! I have very fair skin with freckles and splotchiness, some breakouts and the worst thing, really dark circles and fine lines under my eyes. After reading favorable reviews here for Palladio's stick concealer and wet/dry foundation, I went to Sally's and picked some up. I am very pleased with both of these products. The first time I just swiped some of the wet/dry foundation on my skin, stood by the window and looked in the mirror, I couldn't believe it! I couldn't "see" the makeup but I also couldn't see my icky skin underneath. I showed my husband in all my excitement and he said it looked really nice, not like I had a bunch of makeup on my face. I have been using it every day for about two weeks now and have already recommended it to my mom who currently uses Bare Minerals. I want to say it could be my HG, but it may be just a bit too soon for that just yet, but I am really encouraged so far. For the price, the feel and the coverage without looking like a mask you really can't beat it. You never know til you try it so do!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2007 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Gina777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Broke me out and accentuated my already gigantic pores! Oily-skinned folks beware!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 9:44:00 AM More reviews by natalie48

HG, HG, HG!!! I adore this foundation. Use Neroli Bronze b/c I have the forbidden tanning bed tan :) Great coverage, doesn't break me out. Fills in pores and feels so light but gives a nice matte finish. No oil by the end of the day and I am normally a grease slick in humidity. Limited color selection but this one works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by luvsexykitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation. Besides providing great medium-full coverage, I swear it makes my skin clearer. I have always had acne-prone, super-oily skin, but ever since I started using this I have not had one pimple or as much of an oily t-zone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by crybaby

Love this stuff! It's the only foundation that I have ever stuck with and liked, and I've been using it for about five years. It goes on smooth, evens out my skin tone well, and doesn't break me out (I think it actually helps with blemishes, no joke!). Of course nothing is a miracle worker, but I haven't found anything better so far at such an amazing price. I use my MAC 187 brush to apply, but when I need extra coverage I use the sponge included to stipple it on. The only problem I have is their small color selection. It's such a great product, but I always feel like whatever shade I'm using is made for someone with slightly more pink undertones than myself. The shade I use is Cypress Beige, which i think would best suit NC30. I'm NC25 & light olive, but when applied sheerly it doesn't look too dark. If you're lighter than that, you're only other option is Laurel Nude [Ivory Myrrh is the cooler version on Cypress Beige].

If you're looking for a quality powder foundation that doesn't break the bank, give this a shot.