August 21, 2014 | 1005 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by blaura737

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I'm moving up one lippie from 4 to 5 because this has been the best cleasner I can find/I've used!!! I did a lot of reseach and looked up ALL drugstore brand cleansers here on MUA, and the ones with good reviews and ratings I tried out and every one I've returned (thank god for old reliable wal-mart!) I never appreciated how good this was untill I found out this was the only one that really worked! I made up my mind about my new skincare reutine...Use this cleanser night and day (use the mask every once in a while) and when I have more stubborn blemishes or a bad breakout I'll use the aspirin mask which I havent been able to use for a long time since we ran out some time ago ): And every other night after cleansing my face, I'll use a couple drops of ollive oil as my moisturizer (which works super well). I will absolutely be repurchasing!!!!!!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I really like this cleanser :). I dont think that is gets rid of blackheads like it says because I have a few super annoying ones that wont go away and they're still there. I love the way my skin feels after using this! I feel clean, soft, and refreshed!

I use the mask once in awhile and it doesnt make me red like some of the reviews on here said. I LOVE to use this in the shower though!!! The steam opens up my pores and when I put it on it feels like it's totally cleansing and fighting acne/impurities plus the tingle is 10x more noticeable!
Will buy again! :D (Please send me a message if you know of a cleanser/product that can fight blackheads and acne successfully so at least one more person can feel what CLEAR RADIANT skin feels like! THANKS!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

I love this product. I bought it when Ulta was having a buy two get one free sale on Neutrogena products. I have been using it for about a month now and it has effectively been working wonders on my acne prone skin.

The Cleanser - leaves a cool tingly feel while on. I use this at night after I wash my face and when I wake up any acne I have is by far less noticeable.

The Mask - leaves my face a little red after using it. Try not to leave it on more than the recommended 5 minutes. Definitely clears out pores though.

Fantastic product. I hope neutrogena keeps this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by jmaintn1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this mask a lot because it is really good for drying up acne. I usually only use it as a cleanser, because the mask is dries up the normal part (cheeks) of my combination skin. I would recommend it as a cleanser, but as a mask only to people with all-around oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this as a cleanser every morning and night for about a month now and I'm in love. My skin has become considerably clearer. It gives a tingling sensation but doesn't dry out my skin at all. I will definitely continue to buy this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by rosietse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG cleanser, hands down. This cleanser cleans well and moisturizes with glycerin. As a mask, it works well to freshen up my skin. I love that it has benzoyl peroxide in it without being too harsh or drying. I would suggest this to anyone with acne, especially those of us who have dry skin and acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by RAWRitsjennays

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

love love love this cleanser! it beats all of the cleansers i've been using in a LONG run (neutrogena oil-free cleanser, cetaphil, etc.). My skin has never felt this soft! It makes my skin feel so clean and improves my break outs. doesn't dry my skin out at all:) will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by laurenmariern24

Although I have read hundreds of reviews on MUA, this is my first. I had to take a minute and tell others about this great product. First off, I have oily acne prone skin. I have used basically every prescription and OTC product out there. I've found through trial and error that benzoyl peroxide works wonders on my skin rather than salicylic acid. Unfortunately, 95% of OTC acne products out there SA based rather than BP. Also, of the BP products available, many are 10% strength, which is too irritating. This has been the only cleanser I've found with 3.5% BP which is perfect for me. Of course Proactiv is ok at 2.5% and I'm not sure how much difference 1% makes, but I like Neutrogena. It's effective, yet non irritating. I use Daniel Kerns 2.5% BP treatment afterwards. My acne is very under control with this cleanser. It's inexpensive with great packaging. I don't really use this as a mask like it says you can, but leave it on for a few minutes in the shower. I really don't understand why there are not more low concentration BP products available at the drugstore!! They work really well!!! Anyway, I definitely recommend this to someone with moderate acne who is trying to avoid prescriptions from the derm.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by BRosa

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this a few times and decided it is not for me. This felt horrible on my skin. It was like my skin was burning. I think it did helped with cleaning my pores but my skin felt really dry when I took it off (I have combination skin/normal to dry cheeks). Because of that, it caused my skin to produce more sebum. Hate it when companies add menthol to their products so people feel it "working".

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by classylady407

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall I guess Neutrogena is not a company that
I can use but this product was so overwhellming to my skin. I mean it burned really bad I had to take it off within 30 seconds. It is so strong and maybe because I do not have acne but I like to use cleasnsers and mask but this one is awful

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2009 9:36:00 PM More reviews by puravida1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im not sure how I found out about this product. I think I heard about it from a youtuber. Anyways Im usually a neutrogena fan... but im not sure about this product. I used it once as a mask and it kept my face red for a good hour afterwards. It seemed to clear up my acne because I noticed that my skin calmed down... I guess ill have to give it a few more tries and come back for a final word. Ill give this a few more chances