November 23, 2014 | 2162 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Could use this as a spot treatment for acne, I suppose.

CONS: I think it's too drying, even for my teens' oily skin.

ALTERNATES: Alba Botanica Natural Acne Dote cleanser or some name like that is helpful for one of my teens. The other needs to use Paula's Choice CLEAR cleanser and toner/exfoliator for beautiful results. AND We like to use Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer to keep flakes away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 8:25:00 AM More reviews by clde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great cleanser. I don't usually like non-foaming cleansers, but this is as close as you get to a miracle cleanser. It actually gets rid of some blackheads and doesn't make your face too dry. This might be a bit strong as a mask for sensitive skin, but works for me anyway. I have already purchased some backups in case this is discontinued.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by imunbalanced

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've gone through many cleansers and I have gotta say that this is one of the best for my skin. (oily, acne prone, dried out by alcohol products, with occasional redness) I used to think I have combination skin, but that was just because of the products I was using that dried out parts of my skin. This however, does not dry out my skin but does leave my face fresh and clean. This does its job at fighting acne. Its no miracle worker, I still get zits and when I'm very stressed and right before my period I ALWAYS break out no matter what and worse is sometimes I get cystic ones that make me want to cry. I am recently off of my birth control and fear what may happen come my next cycle but I am upping the ante with a better mask. I do not recommend using this as a mask, I think it makes your skin too used to it making the cleanser less effective. I use Queen Helene Mint Julep instead as a mask.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Tweety1191

Holy Irritation! I normally LOVE neutrogena products since i have oily skin and prone to acne but this Clear Pore cleanser caused me SO much redness and irritation! It did the exact opposite of what it said BREAKING me out after using it! I really don't have anything good to say about this product. I mean It was priced alright 7 or 8$ not bad...came in a tube with a snap top easy enough but the ingredients are harsh. Benzoyl and Frangrance no way! I hated this it smelled like harsh chemicals and irritated my face and did nothing for my acne. Stay far away ladies. Especially ladies with dry skin and ESPECIALLY ladies with sensitive!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by blaura737

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I'm moving up one lippie from 4 to 5 because this has been the best cleasner I can find/I've used!!! I did a lot of reseach and looked up ALL drugstore brand cleansers here on MUA, and the ones with good reviews and ratings I tried out and every one I've returned (thank god for old reliable wal-mart!) I never appreciated how good this was untill I found out this was the only one that really worked! I made up my mind about my new skincare reutine...Use this cleanser night and day (use the mask every once in a while) and when I have more stubborn blemishes or a bad breakout I'll use the aspirin mask which I havent been able to use for a long time since we ran out some time ago ): And every other night after cleansing my face, I'll use a couple drops of ollive oil as my moisturizer (which works super well). I will absolutely be repurchasing!!!!!!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I really like this cleanser :). I dont think that is gets rid of blackheads like it says because I have a few super annoying ones that wont go away and they're still there. I love the way my skin feels after using this! I feel clean, soft, and refreshed!

I use the mask once in awhile and it doesnt make me red like some of the reviews on here said. I LOVE to use this in the shower though!!! The steam opens up my pores and when I put it on it feels like it's totally cleansing and fighting acne/impurities plus the tingle is 10x more noticeable!
Will buy again! :D (Please send me a message if you know of a cleanser/product that can fight blackheads and acne successfully so at least one more person can feel what CLEAR RADIANT skin feels like! THANKS!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

I love this product. I bought it when Ulta was having a buy two get one free sale on Neutrogena products. I have been using it for about a month now and it has effectively been working wonders on my acne prone skin.

The Cleanser - leaves a cool tingly feel while on. I use this at night after I wash my face and when I wake up any acne I have is by far less noticeable.

The Mask - leaves my face a little red after using it. Try not to leave it on more than the recommended 5 minutes. Definitely clears out pores though.

Fantastic product. I hope neutrogena keeps this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by jmaintn1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this mask a lot because it is really good for drying up acne. I usually only use it as a cleanser, because the mask is dries up the normal part (cheeks) of my combination skin. I would recommend it as a cleanser, but as a mask only to people with all-around oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this as a cleanser every morning and night for about a month now and I'm in love. My skin has become considerably clearer. It gives a tingling sensation but doesn't dry out my skin at all. I will definitely continue to buy this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by rosietse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG cleanser, hands down. This cleanser cleans well and moisturizes with glycerin. As a mask, it works well to freshen up my skin. I love that it has benzoyl peroxide in it without being too harsh or drying. I would suggest this to anyone with acne, especially those of us who have dry skin and acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by RAWRitsjennays

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

love love love this cleanser! it beats all of the cleansers i've been using in a LONG run (neutrogena oil-free cleanser, cetaphil, etc.). My skin has never felt this soft! It makes my skin feel so clean and improves my break outs. doesn't dry my skin out at all:) will continue to buy.