April 19, 2014 | 851 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by MissRiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this!! I bought this a couple weeks ago and couldn't wait to give my review. I have used soooo many cleansers for acne and because I'm 37 and my skin is different from when I was 17, everything was just too drying and I still would wind up with a new pimple every day or so. Normally my skin is okay with at least a couple bumps here and there but nothing extreme even though my biggest concern after fine lines is combating breakouts. Keep in mind that I've been using products containing salicylic acid for years but still putting up with breakouts. Well now that I've been using this a couple times a week if not once a day I have been pimple free!! I think using this product with it's BP has made the difference. I love the cooling sensation and haven't experienced any overdrying but I do moisturize afterward. Two thumbs up!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by rrdolphin

OMG!!!! This product is a MIRACLE!!!! Some weeks ago, I started breaking out really bad. It happened a few days after I got a salicylic acid peel, which I completely regret. Anyways I never broke out like that, I was literally breaking out at least one pimple every day. I was getting really depressed to the point that I didn't wanted to leave my house. After dealing with this for about six weeks with no sucess, I came across the neutrogena cleanser and mask. This has been the answer to my prayers. After just one use, my huge pimples were greatly reduced, and the best thing of all is that I stopped breaking out. That's right no more pimples, that is because the BP is killing the bacteria underneath my skin. I bought this four days ago, and of course you're supposed to used 2-3 times per week, and this will be my third time using it. I've been using this along with the neutrogena 2-in-1 fight and fade gel, which is fading little by little my blemishes and reducing the redness. These two products had saved my skin and gave me my life back. THANK YOU SO MUCH NEUTROGENA!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by beaverpusmoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and the product helps control my oil production. When my skin gets dry I switch to a more gentle cleanser and just alternate. *BECAUSE THIS IS A MASK I DECIDED TO USE IT ON SOME CYSTIC ACNE THAT I HAVE to dry it out. I LEFT IT ON OVER NIGHT AND IN THE MORNING THE ACNE WAS GONE. WHICH WAS GREAT, BUT WHAT WASN'T GREAT WAS THE SCARS IT LEFT BEHIND. I DECIDED TO PUT AN EXTRA LARGE AMOUNT ON THOSE SPOTS AND THERE WERE HUGE RED SPOTS THAT TURNED INTO DARK SCARS THE SIZE OF THE MASK I APPLIED. THE SCARS DRIED AND PEEL OFF WITHIN A FEW DAYS. I AM NOW LEFT WITH LIGHT SCARRING THAT IS ALMOST GONE. * I would not recommend doing this unless you really need to get rid of your cystic acne fast and you have good concealer. Itís been a week and the scarring is almost gone. Just donít try to peel the dry skin because that can make the scars worse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 2:55:00 PM More reviews by sblee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mask works on acne. I would prefer it without menthol. As a mask I wouldn't leave it on too long (unless your skin is tough) because it can make your face red and dry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by alicia2kate

I decided to try this cleanser/mask for traveling. It eliminates one more item to bring, but I mostly use this one as a mask.
I have a few masks that I use in rotation, but this one has a great cool-tingly feeling (menthol).
It is very smooth and easy to apply. Also quite easy to wash away.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by scarlettbegonia

This keeps my face virtually clear...except when I am hormonal. Doesn't irritate my skin even when I leave it on for 5 minutes. When I do get a few blemishes, it lessens the time they are out and about.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

I like how clean feeling, minty, and fresh this product makes my face feel. Works equally well as a wash or mask but mostly I just use it as a wash. Keeps my skin clean for the most part.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Amy1999

After reading many reviews on this, I tried it out, and oh my, was it great! Gentle, but effective. I went to sleep after washing my face with this, and literally the next mornign, my 3 breakout areas were dried up (in a good way) and clear! This makes you feel clean, without drying your skin or making it tight. I am so happy I went off of the expensive, designer products and went back to Neutrogena. I love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by snguyen

I've used this product for a 3 months now, and I can definitely see the difference it had made to my face. It doesn't dry up up the face nor make it oily. And I really like the smell of it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by jenniferjanson

I'm glad this product works so well for so many women but it didn't work that great for me.

This makes a refreshing mask, thanks to the menthol (which gives a cool, pepperminty feeling) but did not control my oil the way I had hoped. When I use boring, old Mary Kay's clay "clarifying" mask for 10 minutes at night I have no oily skin in the morning. Unfortunately I always have oily skin the morning after I use Neutrogena's for the same amount of time (which is the time suggested on the back of Neutrogena's label).

Also, I will no longer use this product as a facial cleanser to remove eye make-up. My eyes stung for half an hour the time I did, due to the benzoyl peroxide.