MAC Lip Conditioner

4.2

Petrolatum, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cholesterol, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Avocado Oil Unsaponifiables, Castor Seed Oil, Squalane, Silica, Vanillin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Yellow 10 Lake

on 5/9/2004 3:41:00 PM

I recently bought this during my local browse through the MAC store in Toronto, when i was on a hunt for lipglass. It has a thick consistency, the way a balm should be, and it has a slight vanilla scent to it. But i noticed that it is overpowered by this weird mint smell. I bought this in the tub, b/c it was sold out of the tube. There is plently of balm in it, so it should last me quite a while. It is VERY moisturizing, for I only put on a dab @ nite and i woke up with soft, supple lips. It only cost me $11CAN. This is a keeper and for sur id buy it again.

I really love this stuff. All I have to do is put it on my lips before I head to bed for the night and I wake up in the morning with perfectly soft lips.

on 4/28/2004 7:32:00 AM

i have this in tube form. more hygienic but quite inconvenient as some reviewers say. u have to use a lip brush with this otherwise u end up with leftover product on the tip itself. nevertheless, i love this because its the only thing which has been able to save my poor lips from being dry and peeling. HG for the moment til i find something better :)

on 4/27/2004 4:38:00 PM

Love this stuff...great everyday balm with SPF. Leaves lips soft 'n supple. Am not a fan of the tinted versions though...

on 4/20/2004 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I WANT THIS :)!! Tried it at the counter, and LOVE it. Same taste as lip glass, similar shine (of course nothing can compare to my beloved lip glass), and great slipperiness to it. AND for 10.50, and for being MAC, it can't be beat... I'm sure once i get it, it'll be my HG of lip balms :)!

on 4/7/2004 5:28:00 PM

This stuff is pretty good but its not as good as my H2O lip mender. MAC's lip conditioner does have a lot of really good ingredients, a unique smell and it does last on my lips. One thing that does bother me is that it doesn't really make my lips feel soft but I think this would be great under my lipglasses. This lip balm is A LOT better then vaseline in my opinion but I won't repurchase. Its not bad for $11.50 CAN though but eh...nothing special.

on 4/6/2004 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i love the dark smokey eye and natural lip look. and this color is PERFECT. i would have never picked it out on my own....looks like it would've been too brown for my tastes in the container, but the MAC makeup artist insisted i try it and it's AWESOME. not too brown AT ALL. it's very natural beige, and feels so good. not sticky. again, like everyone else, LOVE THE SCENT. :) please try it!!

on 3/27/2004 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The texture is very similar to Philosophy's and Kiehl's lipbalms. However, I can't tolerate the heavy waxy scent.

on 3/24/2004 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best lip balm ever! I used to be a fan of burt's bees but it was more harmful to my lips than helpful. I tried this product as an escape and was pleasantly happy with the results. I haven't had chapped lips in over three months! It is great with lipstick or without. The packaging is a little bulky so it doesn't just fit in your pocket if you just want to get up and go. Gotta carry a purse for this one.

on 3/21/2004 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet!!
MAC lip conditioner in the pot is undoubtedly, my HG lip balm. It doesn't irritate my lips, lasts and moisturizes, I go into withdrawal without it - I have at least 2 at anyone time. One for my bedroom and one for travelling. As indispensible as my TBS hemp hand cream.
I love the packaging, simple and solid. There is a slight vanilla scent, I find soothing and pleasant after all these years.

I wear this as a base for lipgloss or lipstick but do not use it as a gloss or mix it to create new products like some of the more creative ladies on MUA.

I don't think I'll try the tinted versions simply because I have a ton of glosses already, and besides, I like that I can put the clear one on without a mirror - and this could be dangerous with petting pink...

Popular Lip Treatments