October 21, 2014 | 1971 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by fluppydog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG concealer! Works to cover anything, good colour, doesn't change colour, crease, cake or settle into lines. I apply thin layers with Merle Norman concealer brush. Looks good with or without foundation but use an eye cream underneath. If I set it with a little powder (any powder!) it will last untill I wash my face!The tiny jar lasts sooo long even with daily use. I love how small the container is but wish it had a flip top. I am very fair with warm and cool tones and have trouble finding a good colour match to hide under eye darkness, most concealers look very obvious on me, too yellow, orange, pink or ashy. I can wear this with a little powder and you can't tell i have concealer on but will even cover veins. I have the lightest shade and the colour seems true to how it looks in the pot. The Balm! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by joyonicity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This concealer is well pigmented, smooth, and long-lasting. I like its creamy consistency, and it covers most blemishes well, and it lasts the whole day unless I forget translucent powder on top, which sets the concealer. I notice it doesn’t work as well as an under-eye concealer; it seems to slide off quickly. The packaging is durable, but I thought it a little cheap looking. It is a small tub that resembles a lip balm pot, made of clear plastic. Generally, though a good concealer for spot concealing, like on zits or other spots.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by rochelle99

I am pretty happy with this concealer. It covers very well, and the color I got matches my skin perfectly. It does get cakey if you don't blend it well. I like that I can use it alone, and just put a little powder on instead of my full coverage foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by loveshimmer

I had only bought concealer once before the balm, it was a cheap drugstore brand that alure mag said was awesome, guess the girl at ulta picked the wrong color cause I looked freakin ashy. So the dude at sephora said,"oh my god you will just love this one!" Its ok. I can't wear it alone because I look shiny and too bright under my eyes. I realized I have to use my fingers because a brush makes it look way too makeupy. A little goes a long way. Staying power is kinda, meh.my under eye darkness is mild, but certain blushes, like my fav cargo blue ray, realy emphasize it. Does that happen to any one else? Oh well, ill live. Any way, the coverage aint great, and it can look obvious so if you've got bad circles I would deffinately steer you AWAY from this.kinda a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Muuttaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been on a concealer kick lately because the skin on my nose and chin laughes heartily at any concealer. With a mind of its own, my skin burns off most concealers in just a few hours. So, I'm constantly searching for new concealers to try that my skin won't hate. TheBalm's TimeBalm Concealer has been on my list to try for a while.

I bought this from Sephora for $17 in Lighter than Light. It's very smooth and creamy, and a tiny bit goes a long way. The color matches well, and is easy to blend, but it does take a bit of blending work to get it to look good. It will also look shiny/cakey before powder is applied, but after powder, it disappears completely along with all the flaws! No more dark circles or fine lines!

The other good news is that my skin seems to be happy with this concealer, so it actually doesn't burn off. I haven't had to ever reapply it during the day (yet, crosses fingers), but it does need to re-blended after about 6 hours of wear, which isn't a big deal, since I tend to touch up my makeup at least once a day anyway. This is an excellent concealer when used with liquid foundation, and is worth picking up if your skin hates concealer too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it was kind of pricey in my opinion, i got it at sephora for $28 and i lost it after a month. it was good though, goes on very nicely, spreads out evenly and stays on for quite a long time however the packaging was not very good. i can imagine how bad the contamination would be like after running my fingers in there everytime i use it even if i washed my hands very thoroughly. would buy again though if no luck in finding a better one =p

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by TaniaDeb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this concealer and this brand in general. TimeBalm is so moisturizing and gentle, although my color "Lighter than Light" cracks me up. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by clamster

Love the simple packaging. Compared to MAC's studio finish SPF 35 concealer this is more moisturzing. I love both but I wish TheBalm had larger color selection. Nice concealer, just need to blend it really well or it gets cakey. Also you get a lot of product. So far with the concealers I have tried this would be my HG concealer if it had an SPF.
EDIT This tried out kinda sorta dried out fast, just need to wipe of the top layer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by julinko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a bit of a love/hate thing for Time Balm. Used by itself on my very dark undereye circles, its too cakey and unnatural, although it does a heck of a job at covering. After a bit of a learning curve, now I use Time Balm to do most of the concealing of my circles, as well as a few broken capilliaries, then I use my LM Secret Concealor and blend until it looks natural. The dots I use on my face get blended, just a bit, then on goes my MAC Select Tint NW30. So......Time Balm works very very well as a concealor, and you'll have to figure out a way to work it until it looks natural

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by kat2703

I really like this product. I was skeptical, as I am of ALL concealers, but it does cover my horrendous undereyes and my red areas around my nose, as well as a lovely scar I have on my chin. It doesn't crease/fade/cake, and the color Light Medium is great for my C4/NC30ish skintone. I like the pot-packaging, as it's easy to scrape the last bits out. This concealer is also hydrating enough for my undereyes, which is unusual. Possible HG, and really reasonable price compared to what I've paid for some other concealers.
UPDATE: The more I used this, the less I liked it. I get much better coverage from YSL TE & my EM concealers. The lasting power wasnt as great as I originally thought either :( Too bad, b/c I really did like this at first!