April 19, 2014 | 1056 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - Time Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by kat2703

I really like this product. I was skeptical, as I am of ALL concealers, but it does cover my horrendous undereyes and my red areas around my nose, as well as a lovely scar I have on my chin. It doesn't crease/fade/cake, and the color Light Medium is great for my C4/NC30ish skintone. I like the pot-packaging, as it's easy to scrape the last bits out. This concealer is also hydrating enough for my undereyes, which is unusual. Possible HG, and really reasonable price compared to what I've paid for some other concealers.
UPDATE: The more I used this, the less I liked it. I get much better coverage from YSL TE & my EM concealers. The lasting power wasnt as great as I originally thought either :( Too bad, b/c I really did like this at first!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Melhadjis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Let me mention that I did not use this for under eye circles.
This is one thing that really covered my blemishes and acne marks. It worked great but it also melts off and becomes cakey VERY easily.

I also hate the container. It is a pain to work with. If I ever got near the end of it I could see it being a hassle trying to get it to come out. I also noticed that this made my blemishes worse but it covered them so I prolonged the use. I stopped and found PF Conceal RX which also has a creamy consistency. It is very easy to blend but for undereye I can't imagine that it wouldn't crease.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2008 5:12:00 AM More reviews by nikkifreakinnb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday concealer. I went to Sephora and asked what concealers they would recommend for current and healing blemishes. She applied some in the Medium shade and it covered my acne scars and blemishes like none-other. I wouldn't say that it covered them entirely (because let's face it, there isn't a concealer out there that will TRULY cover blemishes) but they were definitely camoflauged. Especially when set with powder! I use this stuff everyday before my Everyday Minerals and it gives me a very natural but full coverage. It's also strong enough to cover a scar that I got from an accident. It's on my chin and it's about an inch long and very pigmented--like charcoal. And the concealer covered it up and it looks like I never had one to begin with!

I gave the packaging because it comes in a little pot. And that's it. No box that comes with it, just the pot. And I leave the pot in my makeup bag and just the other day I found some plastic stuff that chipped for the lid. So, I guess it's cheap plastic because I don't have very much in my makeup bag so I don't know how it chipped. Haha. I've purchased about 3 or 4 of these in the past 2 years. So that alone, you know how much of this stuff I actually go through. It's pricey but definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by meadows827

So far I just got this product from sephora and it works reaaallyy weell. I have acne scars on my face and NOTHING would cover it, the sephora lady put this on my face then some bronzer and I have never seen my face so nice. It covered my red large scars really well. I had to b(its also a humid day) but the makeup stays true and wont cake or flake and looks natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 4:01:00 PM More reviews by KinGV

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Simple as this. LOVED IT. I have eczema so I have the noticable "line" under my eyes which EVERYTHING CREASES. SO I can't blame the product on a hot day getting into the crease, but its a really good product. GOOD COVERAGE AND NOT CAKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by experiment2344

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved this stuff. With one swipe it covered redness and my under eye circles too bad the Medium was too light and the dark was too dark :-(. Maybe in the winter? I am NC 40 skin for reference. Sad it didn't work out they need more colors! I ONLY clicked no because unless they expand their shades I will never buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Intermission

TimeBalm Concealer its a very smooth blendable and gives great coverage for undereyes and acne!
its thick and lastes all day if you put a powder over to fix it! they say its an anti-wrinkle cream concealer that you can wear at night to bed but that part i dont really trust since it is makeup and makeup clogs pores! so i dont plan on sleeping with it on.
TimeBalm comes with a little sponge that fits into the pot so you can carry it around/has no mirror, but i still use a brush since if i use my fingers my nails scoop up concealer cuz the pot is pretty deep! im almost done with my first pot of timebalm in light/medium and ive loved it! the color match is amazing and doesnt turn orange like MACs with time...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by trulylovely

I should start off by saying I have horrible dark circles under my eyes, and I can never find a concealer that works. They either don't cover my circles, or fade away during the day. I've been using Clinique All About Eyes, which is a great concealer, but I've been looking for something better. I picked this up at Sephora and I love everything about it. The pot is the perfect size to dip my finger or sponge, and the coverage is great. It is perfectly creamy and covers my dark circles very nicely. I use this after my foundation and set it with powder and it lasts all day for me. The only downside for me is that it kind of settles into my fine lines under my eyes right after I apply it, so I have to wait a minute and then smooth it out and blend it and then quickly set it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by algreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to Sephora looking for a new concealer and the sales associate suggested this. She said that it was their most popular one. I came home, immediately checked MUA , and saw that it had great reviews. But after trying it, I can't figure out what all the hype is about. This stuff is way too thick and dry for me. A couple hours after applying, it settles into creases and fine lines. It also seems to magnify any dryness. I really, really tried to like this concealer, but I ended up having to return it to Sephora. Make Up For Ever's Lift Concealer is a million times better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2008 9:37:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this for a week and have come to the conclusion that while this concealer is okay, it isn't HG material. I usually pat this on with my ring finger after moisturizing with an eye cream, as it gives the concealer a bit more slip - otherwise, it's very waxy and thick feeling and difficult to spread. I find the packaging cheap (clear plastic) but it's handy since you'll always know how much product you have. I am NC30 in Mac, 1.2/2.0 light in Bare Escentuals, Nars Budapest, and Golden Light in Everyday Minerals and used Light. This was an okay match but not perfect - it was a bit on the grey side and it was really obvious where I had applied it under my eyes. To be honest, my circles were better concealed with a light dusting of mineral makeup. Also, my waterproof mascara began smudging badly after I started using this concealer, so overall the cons outweigh the pros and I won't be repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No