July 24, 2014 | 1970 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by loveshimmer

I had only bought concealer once before the balm, it was a cheap drugstore brand that alure mag said was awesome, guess the girl at ulta picked the wrong color cause I looked freakin ashy. So the dude at sephora said,"oh my god you will just love this one!" Its ok. I can't wear it alone because I look shiny and too bright under my eyes. I realized I have to use my fingers because a brush makes it look way too makeupy. A little goes a long way. Staying power is kinda, meh.my under eye darkness is mild, but certain blushes, like my fav cargo blue ray, realy emphasize it. Does that happen to any one else? Oh well, ill live. Any way, the coverage aint great, and it can look obvious so if you've got bad circles I would deffinately steer you AWAY from this.kinda a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Muuttaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been on a concealer kick lately because the skin on my nose and chin laughes heartily at any concealer. With a mind of its own, my skin burns off most concealers in just a few hours. So, I'm constantly searching for new concealers to try that my skin won't hate. TheBalm's TimeBalm Concealer has been on my list to try for a while.

I bought this from Sephora for $17 in Lighter than Light. It's very smooth and creamy, and a tiny bit goes a long way. The color matches well, and is easy to blend, but it does take a bit of blending work to get it to look good. It will also look shiny/cakey before powder is applied, but after powder, it disappears completely along with all the flaws! No more dark circles or fine lines!

The other good news is that my skin seems to be happy with this concealer, so it actually doesn't burn off. I haven't had to ever reapply it during the day (yet, crosses fingers), but it does need to re-blended after about 6 hours of wear, which isn't a big deal, since I tend to touch up my makeup at least once a day anyway. This is an excellent concealer when used with liquid foundation, and is worth picking up if your skin hates concealer too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by jlin0913

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it was kind of pricey in my opinion, i got it at sephora for $28 and i lost it after a month. it was good though, goes on very nicely, spreads out evenly and stays on for quite a long time however the packaging was not very good. i can imagine how bad the contamination would be like after running my fingers in there everytime i use it even if i washed my hands very thoroughly. would buy again though if no luck in finding a better one =p

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by TaniaDeb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this concealer and this brand in general. TimeBalm is so moisturizing and gentle, although my color "Lighter than Light" cracks me up. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by clamster

Love the simple packaging. Compared to MAC's studio finish SPF 35 concealer this is more moisturzing. I love both but I wish TheBalm had larger color selection. Nice concealer, just need to blend it really well or it gets cakey. Also you get a lot of product. So far with the concealers I have tried this would be my HG concealer if it had an SPF.
EDIT This tried out kinda sorta dried out fast, just need to wipe of the top layer.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by julinko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a bit of a love/hate thing for Time Balm. Used by itself on my very dark undereye circles, its too cakey and unnatural, although it does a heck of a job at covering. After a bit of a learning curve, now I use Time Balm to do most of the concealing of my circles, as well as a few broken capilliaries, then I use my LM Secret Concealor and blend until it looks natural. The dots I use on my face get blended, just a bit, then on goes my MAC Select Tint NW30. So......Time Balm works very very well as a concealor, and you'll have to figure out a way to work it until it looks natural

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by kat2703

I really like this product. I was skeptical, as I am of ALL concealers, but it does cover my horrendous undereyes and my red areas around my nose, as well as a lovely scar I have on my chin. It doesn't crease/fade/cake, and the color Light Medium is great for my C4/NC30ish skintone. I like the pot-packaging, as it's easy to scrape the last bits out. This concealer is also hydrating enough for my undereyes, which is unusual. Possible HG, and really reasonable price compared to what I've paid for some other concealers.
UPDATE: The more I used this, the less I liked it. I get much better coverage from YSL TE & my EM concealers. The lasting power wasnt as great as I originally thought either :( Too bad, b/c I really did like this at first!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Melhadjis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Let me mention that I did not use this for under eye circles.
This is one thing that really covered my blemishes and acne marks. It worked great but it also melts off and becomes cakey VERY easily.

I also hate the container. It is a pain to work with. If I ever got near the end of it I could see it being a hassle trying to get it to come out. I also noticed that this made my blemishes worse but it covered them so I prolonged the use. I stopped and found PF Conceal RX which also has a creamy consistency. It is very easy to blend but for undereye I can't imagine that it wouldn't crease.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2008 5:12:00 AM More reviews by nikkifreakinnb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday concealer. I went to Sephora and asked what concealers they would recommend for current and healing blemishes. She applied some in the Medium shade and it covered my acne scars and blemishes like none-other. I wouldn't say that it covered them entirely (because let's face it, there isn't a concealer out there that will TRULY cover blemishes) but they were definitely camoflauged. Especially when set with powder! I use this stuff everyday before my Everyday Minerals and it gives me a very natural but full coverage. It's also strong enough to cover a scar that I got from an accident. It's on my chin and it's about an inch long and very pigmented--like charcoal. And the concealer covered it up and it looks like I never had one to begin with!

I gave the packaging because it comes in a little pot. And that's it. No box that comes with it, just the pot. And I leave the pot in my makeup bag and just the other day I found some plastic stuff that chipped for the lid. So, I guess it's cheap plastic because I don't have very much in my makeup bag so I don't know how it chipped. Haha. I've purchased about 3 or 4 of these in the past 2 years. So that alone, you know how much of this stuff I actually go through. It's pricey but definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 10:10:00 PM More reviews by meadows827

So far I just got this product from sephora and it works reaaallyy weell. I have acne scars on my face and NOTHING would cover it, the sephora lady put this on my face then some bronzer and I have never seen my face so nice. It covered my red large scars really well. I had to b(its also a humid day) but the makeup stays true and wont cake or flake and looks natural.