November 28, 2014 | 1939 users online

Concealers - TheBalm - TimeBalm Concealer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Laura22

I heard alot of raves about this product and so decided to forego my usual HG (Laura Mercier Secret Concealer) to give this a try. I was unfortunately abit disappointed. Its not a horrible product, but just not great and certainly nowhere near as good as LM sc. The main problem for was the creasing. The second problem is the consistency (which is not quite creamy enough). It is a good price (about $17) but for me won't be worth the few saved dollars.

I am in my early 40s and dealing with fine lines and wrinkles so I wonder if this product might actually be better for younger people.

FYI...I'm MAC nc30/35 and the medium color was a good match for me. (I'm also medium in LM)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by mu46032

This is a great undereye concealer. I am surprised that some reviewers have trouble with caking. I am 38 and ALL pot or solid concealers usually cake and show my lines. I am talking about Cle de Peu and Bobbi Brown especially. This doesn't happen with the Balm, but I do use eye cream under it. Right now its HG status. I have this in light and I am LM Nude, Sisley Soft Beige. So glad the Sephora rep got me to try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by louloulouloulou

I don't care that the packaging sucks, this is my HG. I have terrible undereye circles, but this formula is so pigmented without being drying htat I only need a light sweep with my concealer brush to disguise them. I don't even set with powder... I've had this for a month, using every day, and have used maybe 1/30 of the jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by CSteen85

Total HG. This, coming from someone who does not like to wear face make-up. I'd much rather go out with my dark circles in full view than wear make-up that's visible.
Let me start out by saying that the packaging is a little...lacking. I understand why it's in a pot - it's too thick a consistency to really package any other way. I just wish the plastic they used wasn't so flimsy.
Other than that, I have nothing bad to say about it. I own mine in the color MEDIUM and I'm about a MAC NW25-30.
One thing I NEED to mention is this concealer seems like it might be cakey in the pot, but it actually goes on very smooth. I can feel how moisturizing it is, which is a first in concealers for me. I'm used to very dry concealers, which seem to emphasize my under-eyes/blemishes, rather than camouflage them. Time Balm however, looks like actual SKIN. The best way I can describe it is that it's sort of like butter. It melts onto your skin and blends in flawlessly, but unlike butter - there's no greasiness. This concealer stays put once it sets.
One other thing is that this is a double-duty product, meaning it has other benefits rather than just concealing. Over time, it's supposed to help prevent wrinkles and fade dark spots. Personally, I do not have many wrinkles/fine lines to speak of, but I can always use some extra moisture under my eyes - which TimeBalm delivers nicely.
After using this for just two weeks, there is a notable difference in the texture of the skin under my eyes. I used to suffer from some flakiness and milia, but it is now as smooth as can be.
Finally, my favorite thing about this is that I can sleep in this guilt-free. I'll admit, there are times I come home and don't have time or energy to wash my face (bad, I know). I always wash in the morning, but not always at night.
There are days where all I apply is TimeBalm, and on those days, it's nice to know it's doing my skin good over night, rather than wreaking havoc on my pores (I'm looking at you, MAC Select Cover-Up).
This product is not a miracle-product by any means, but it is my preference for skin perfecting. I haven't found anything better.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by mink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer is not HG, but really quite good. It is very inexpensive for how much you get and can cover dark circles in a flash. It is quite pigmented and like a previous reviewer mentioned, should be finished off with powder to prevent cakiness. There are other concealers that I prefer for making my eye area bright and luminous, but for serious dark circles I haven't found anything better yet. It has a great creamy consistency that makes it easy to apply and blend. I wouldn't recommend it for blemishes though - it doesn't last very long and I feel like the texture is a bit too rich.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Jillipede

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this concealer. I have the lighter than light and I find it to be great for covering blemishes, and the bluish tint on the inner corners of my eyes. It is thick and concentrated. I use powder to set it. The color matches very nicely with my complexion (MAC C2). It comes in a little screw top pot, a very no-frills package. I usually just pat my finger into it, dab at the innner corners of my eyes, and pat until it blends in.. Great product and would repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by fluppydog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG concealer! Works to cover anything, good colour, doesn't change colour, crease, cake or settle into lines. I apply thin layers with Merle Norman concealer brush. Looks good with or without foundation but use an eye cream underneath. If I set it with a little powder (any powder!) it will last untill I wash my face!The tiny jar lasts sooo long even with daily use. I love how small the container is but wish it had a flip top. I am very fair with warm and cool tones and have trouble finding a good colour match to hide under eye darkness, most concealers look very obvious on me, too yellow, orange, pink or ashy. I can wear this with a little powder and you can't tell i have concealer on but will even cover veins. I have the lightest shade and the colour seems true to how it looks in the pot. The Balm! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by joyonicity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This concealer is well pigmented, smooth, and long-lasting. I like its creamy consistency, and it covers most blemishes well, and it lasts the whole day unless I forget translucent powder on top, which sets the concealer. I notice it doesn’t work as well as an under-eye concealer; it seems to slide off quickly. The packaging is durable, but I thought it a little cheap looking. It is a small tub that resembles a lip balm pot, made of clear plastic. Generally, though a good concealer for spot concealing, like on zits or other spots.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by rochelle99

I am pretty happy with this concealer. It covers very well, and the color I got matches my skin perfectly. It does get cakey if you don't blend it well. I like that I can use it alone, and just put a little powder on instead of my full coverage foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by loveshimmer

I had only bought concealer once before the balm, it was a cheap drugstore brand that alure mag said was awesome, guess the girl at ulta picked the wrong color cause I looked freakin ashy. So the dude at sephora said,"oh my god you will just love this one!" Its ok. I can't wear it alone because I look shiny and too bright under my eyes. I realized I have to use my fingers because a brush makes it look way too makeupy. A little goes a long way. Staying power is kinda, meh.my under eye darkness is mild, but certain blushes, like my fav cargo blue ray, realy emphasize it. Does that happen to any one else? Oh well, ill live. Any way, the coverage aint great, and it can look obvious so if you've got bad circles I would deffinately steer you AWAY from this.kinda a waste of money.