TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer

3.8

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm pretty dark, and have this in the medium shade. It's pretty great for covering up undereye circles, and I also use it to cover up the occasional blemish. The packaging is a nice plastic, it comes with its own sponge, but I threw that out and opted for a concealer brush instead. Small one inch jar, plastic, with a screw top lid For undereye circles I use my fingers though. It lasts all day, nice creamy texture, natural finish, stands up to my super oily skin, and blends in perfectly. I'm an NC 35/NC30 in MAc or C4, and I wear medium, and before I used the middle of benefit bo-ing. It's a great concealer, no complaints, 18$ at sephora, I will repurchase.

on 10/31/2008 9:36:00 AM

Hate the packaging, but it is great for under the eyes. Little cakey everywhere else though! Color works for me.... and I am a difficult skin tone to match! I would buy again, although look elsewhere for a concealer for pimple-prone areas.

on 10/29/2008 6:09:00 PM

i bought this concealer because of the raves here and was totally disappointed, sorry to say that.

first of all, i had expected it to stay a bit longer than the inexpensive drug store stuff, but I was wrong. The staying power is about the same. However, while my L'oreal or Almay concealers just fade away in 3 or 4 hours, the Time Balm will float on top of my face becoming some very noticeable yellow patch, or even slide all over my face!!!!

second, the coverage is not enough for covering scars and blemishes. I never expected a concealer to completely covers up all the imperfections, but for $17 i do wish it could perform at least no worse than L'oreal concealer....

thirdly, the shade does not match well. I got medium, which is suggested for medium or olive skin tone. But I found it with too much pink undertone.

finally, horrible packaging.

on 10/26/2008 12:18:00 AM

I love this product, I usually don't wear concealer during the day, just foundation. But at night I need a cream for the under eye area, so I put a little under each eye and just a touch on nose, cheeks & chin because it is SUCH nice quality, it really makes my skin look and feel good. So combination therapy plus don't have to face a totally naked face after taking shower or removing makeup! My skin looks younger, etc. You never know who's going to be ringing the doorbell or there's cat in a tree and the fire department shows up, *smile*. Or family members, etc. taking sneaky camera pics!!! I bought light-medium, but a little light for my NW23 (I always use a little sunless bronzer to give a little color) so will buy medium the next time. It comes in a cute little pot with a sponge, but would be better in a compact with sponge.

on 10/17/2008 10:05:00 PM

I heard alot of raves about this product and so decided to forego my usual HG (Laura Mercier Secret Concealer) to give this a try. I was unfortunately abit disappointed. Its not a horrible product, but just not great and certainly nowhere near as good as LM sc. The main problem for was the creasing. The second problem is the consistency (which is not quite creamy enough). It is a good price (about $17) but for me won't be worth the few saved dollars.

I am in my early 40s and dealing with fine lines and wrinkles so I wonder if this product might actually be better for younger people.

FYI...I'm MAC nc30/35 and the medium color was a good match for me. (I'm also medium in LM)

on 10/5/2008 6:51:00 PM

This is a great undereye concealer. I am surprised that some reviewers have trouble with caking. I am 38 and ALL pot or solid concealers usually cake and show my lines. I am talking about Cle de Peu and Bobbi Brown especially. This doesn't happen with the Balm, but I do use eye cream under it. Right now its HG status. I have this in light and I am LM Nude, Sisley Soft Beige. So glad the Sephora rep got me to try this!

I don't care that the packaging sucks, this is my HG. I have terrible undereye circles, but this formula is so pigmented without being drying htat I only need a light sweep with my concealer brush to disguise them. I don't even set with powder... I've had this for a month, using every day, and have used maybe 1/30 of the jar.

on 9/13/2008 8:27:00 PM

Total HG. This, coming from someone who does not like to wear face make-up. I'd much rather go out with my dark circles in full view than wear make-up that's visible.
Let me start out by saying that the packaging is a little...lacking. I understand why it's in a pot - it's too thick a consistency to really package any other way. I just wish the plastic they used wasn't so flimsy.
Other than that, I have nothing bad to say about it. I own mine in the color MEDIUM and I'm about a MAC NW25-30.
One thing I NEED to mention is this concealer seems like it might be cakey in the pot, but it actually goes on very smooth. I can feel how moisturizing it is, which is a first in concealers for me. I'm used to very dry concealers, which seem to emphasize my under-eyes/blemishes, rather than camouflage them. Time Balm however, looks like actual SKIN. The best way I can describe it is that it's sort of like butter. It melts onto your skin and blends in flawlessly, but unlike butter - there's no greasiness. This concealer stays put once it sets.
One other thing is that this is a double-duty product, meaning it has other benefits rather than just concealing. Over time, it's supposed to help prevent wrinkles and fade dark spots. Personally, I do not have many wrinkles/fine lines to speak of, but I can always use some extra moisture under my eyes - which TimeBalm delivers nicely.
After using this for just two weeks, there is a notable difference in the texture of the skin under my eyes. I used to suffer from some flakiness and milia, but it is now as smooth as can be.
Finally, my favorite thing about this is that I can sleep in this guilt-free. I'll admit, there are times I come home and don't have time or energy to wash my face (bad, I know). I always wash in the morning, but not always at night.
There are days where all I apply is TimeBalm, and on those days, it's nice to know it's doing my skin good over night, rather than wreaking havoc on my pores (I'm looking at you, MAC Select Cover-Up).
This product is not a miracle-product by any means, but it is my preference for skin perfecting. I haven't found anything better.

on 9/8/2008 2:42:00 PM

This concealer is not HG, but really quite good. It is very inexpensive for how much you get and can cover dark circles in a flash. It is quite pigmented and like a previous reviewer mentioned, should be finished off with powder to prevent cakiness. There are other concealers that I prefer for making my eye area bright and luminous, but for serious dark circles I haven't found anything better yet. It has a great creamy consistency that makes it easy to apply and blend. I wouldn't recommend it for blemishes though - it doesn't last very long and I feel like the texture is a bit too rich.

on 9/6/2008 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this concealer. I have the lighter than light and I find it to be great for covering blemishes, and the bluish tint on the inner corners of my eyes. It is thick and concentrated. I use powder to set it. The color matches very nicely with my complexion (MAC C2). It comes in a little screw top pot, a very no-frills package. I usually just pat my finger into it, dab at the innner corners of my eyes, and pat until it blends in.. Great product and would repurchase when I run out.

Top Rated TheBalm Products