October 22, 2014 | 1815 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by wicksbenegas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My mom got a (big) sample of this in a gift with purchase a while back and said she loves it more than any other product she has used. Macy's had a gift with purchase so I figured I'd try this and get some free stuff to boot (free makeup is always a good thing). Now I love it too! HG concealer for us both. I got the light/med and it blends in perfectly. I've checked it in every light (except photographs). I can even wear it alone with no foundation. It is creamy but not oily at all. It doesn't sink into lines, but just kinda floats. It covers better than any other concealer that I've used, but feels ther lightest; I can't even feel it on. And it lasts a long time. The saleslady at the counter said it lasts 12 hours. Being the skeptic that I am, I thought "Suuuure it does." Well, it does. I will defintely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 3:54:00 PM More reviews by mellypmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in light (only shade that came available) in a holiday kit it came as a double ended tube the other side being eyelash primer. The shade was rather light for me to use after foundation so i tried a little under my foundation (under eyes) just to see how it looked and if I could get away with using it and believe it or not, I CAN! it's actually a nice concealer and even though it was way light, it was still able to conceal my under eye cirlces and allow my foundation (another brand and darker shade) to lay nicely on top. If given the opportunity to stop by an E.L. counter again I would probably pick this up in a darker shade if available.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by lealovesmakeup

Arghhhh reading some reviews i now know why i have white spots all over my face on some pictures! its been so embarrasing!! lol!! As a whole this product gives great coverage. The colours arent great and again it can be cakey. It makes around my eyes look dry and old as the day goes on. Its great for long wear and a tube lasts a while. i wouldnt buy this again though x

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Missy81

this works well with the DW foundation. It covers my birthmark and undereye cicles. It can be a little cakey and the colour can look a bit obvious if not blended properly or used alone without foundation. The sponge always comes away when I get towards the end of the product and I have to apply with the plastic tip. Overall though it stays put until you wash it off, is water resistant (you can go swimming and it stays on, if you do not rub at it) and its does what it says on the packaging. I use this product most days and it lasts ages.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a perfect match concealer with its Double Wear foundation from EL. I use DW foundation in Fresco and concealer in 01-Fair. Sometimes it works with other foundations too but not many and not the ones with pink in them. My fair skin is too pale for this to work as just a concealer without foundation.
It covers very well and stays put like they say. I took one lippie off because the little sponge at the top of the wand broke and it became a messy little thing until the product was eventually over.
I also I don't like the packaging much even though it's very hygienic, it is impossible to use ALL of the product, some will stay inside and be wasted.
It's a very high coverage concealer - a drop conceals a lot even after smudging and damping it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by StaceyRoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Previous to using this concealer I was using a much thicker cream concealer to cover the (extremely) dark cirlces under my eyes. I was a bit sceptical about this concealer because the texture is much lighter/more liquid, but I found that it gives great coverage and 'sets' quite quickly. I apply this with a concealer brush under my eyes and then sometimes blend a little more with my finger, but it's not really necessary. I find that it lasts all day long, even on my quite oily eye area. I use the lightest colour (01) and find that it's a great match. Other reviewers have mentioned that there is a limited colour range though, which is true. My only complaint is that the doe-foot applicator is a little unhygenic, but I'd certainly repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

A great concealer. Easy to use and blend, covers everything and stays on all day. I agree with some of the others who have written a review here, that it can have a drying effect on the undereye area which can lead to fine lines. It's important wo wear a decent hydrating eyecream underneath this concealer. Apply it sparingly, don't pile this one up.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 7:57:00 AM More reviews by LizziBizzi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this concealer because it combines the coverage of a cream with the blendability and light feel of a liquid. It's seriously heavy-duty (without being uncomfortable to wear), so will cover any blemishes or discoloration you can throw at it. It's also amazing at covering dark circles, but I know not everyone can use it for this purpose since it can exacerbate dry undereye skin. Like the foundation, it has a slightly strange smell straight from the tube, but this disappears once it sets. It stays put all day whether I powder over it or not; even in hot, humid weather, and the sturdy plastic tube and doefoot applicator make it really portable (not that I ever have to touch it up!). I'm lucky in that Light/Medium is the perfect shade for me, but there's not a great shade selection so some people may find it difficult to get a colour match.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Ava_B

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have always used solid concealers and never liked anything creamy or liquidy because I didn't think they covered. This may very well be the case with everything except Double Wear. I received an extremely generous sample (it's lasted almost a year). I didn't have high hopes but since it was free I gave it a shot and WOW! It's amazing. I'm pale and light medium is a good match. It covers perfectly. I don't use the wand applicator. I put it on my finger and pat it in and it doesn't leave that thick spot mark that every other concealer has (maybe I have bad technique?). Anyway, I love this concealer and will never try another! It covers blemishes, dark circles, you name it and it hasn't ever caused me to break out. Good stuff. I will have no problem spending 20 bucks on it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was okay in the beginning, I thought I bought the darkest color but still so light, you can see it in all my pictures, but that's my fault!! It's great at covering under eye darkness but very drying. I cringed everytime I had to tug under my eye to use it. Yes it lasts but because of the drying it defined my fine lines eve more. I'm using MAC moisture cover now and I love it, I think it has repaired the dryness under my eye!