April 17, 2014 | 1973 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by beginning11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this concealer it stays on all day and provides excellent coverage! HG status for me....!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by beth3118

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

i liked the coverage ; however it smells disgusting

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by thankGodformakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I use this in the Medium shade and it blends in perfectly with my natural skin and my Double Wear foundation in Shell Beige. It does wonders to conceal my acne scarring but not so much with my dark circles. Definitely stays nearly 8 hours, very impressive. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been on a hunt for a perfect concealer for quite some time. I tried L'Oreal, Maybelline, Revlon, Clinique, Elizabeth Arden to name a few.

Finally I bought this to try it out after someone recommended using it as an eyeshadow primer. (Paula Begoun?)

I figured if I didn't like it as a concealer, it could be my eyeshadow primer instead. Well I am pleased to report this does both jobs very well.

It isn't too drying, and it allows enough blending time before setting, at which point it stays all day. It doesn't make my under eye lines and wrinkly bits on my upper lids look all crepey which is a minor miracle in itself. It blends perfectly needing only a few tap, tap taps with my ring finger before it melts into the background hiding dark circles, red spots, veins, redness, freckles and other annoyances of being over 50.

Unlike the Clinique all about eyes concealer, it isn't too yellow or too creamy. It doesn't spotlight and give me white circle eyes or dry patches like the L'oreal one that it looks like, nor does it make me itch like the Maybelline one (age rewind, too much mica I suspect) and unlike Elizabeth Arden's concealer it doesn't pull when I dab it on (I had the old cream one in a pot, quite dry actually)

It behaves itself like a lady, quietly doing it's job without calling attention or causing irritation.

And as for the eyeshadow priming business, yes it works like a charm. I tap it onto my lids and in those hollows by my nose, then dust on my eyeshadow du jour, which then stays put all day.

I've used it for a week and a half now, almost 2 weeks and so far it hasn't caused my irritable skin to react, not rosacea, allergies, eczema, pimples, nothing.

Winner, yes. Holy Grail status, not sure yet but certainly the closest I've come to that ever.

Oh and as for colouration, I bought the 02 Light Medium shade, and it does a great job for me. I'm a redhead, pale skin, I wear 03 Sand Beige in the Colorstay foundation, and I think I'm about an NC 20 or so, maybe NC 15. Warm skin, quite pale, lots of redness due to allergies and rosacea.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally broke down and bought this as I use the foundation and I love it. I needed it to cover a brown spot and it does a pretty good job,Im surprised. I put it under my foundation so you dont see the weird color it leaves on your skin,I bought shade 02 which is light/med. Edit: Had to return it,allergic to something in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by berlin101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this concealer! The area around my nose and mouth is quite red and I have super pale skin...I'd be lost without this product. It gives great coverage and stays put all day! I use it in "light" underneath my mineral foundation and this combination really evens out my skin tone.
I've tried so many concealers before...the MAC concealer formed something looking like eraser fuzz when I applied it over my moisturizer...terrible. This does not happen with the Estee Lauder Double Wear.

I highly recommend this if you have red areas in your face that need to be covered.
The only negative thing (but even that didn't happen to all the tubes I bought) - because you don't need a lot, it lasts a long time...sometimes longer than the doe foot applicator. If used extensively, the foamy part can start to crumble.
Other than that - for me it's the best concealer out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by abcd989

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

FANTASTIC concealer, hands down, great coverage, stays put, nothing beats it. Creamy concealers slide off, I look flawless with this teamed with DW foundation, picture perfect. Only wish I'd had this on my wedding day instead of MAC studio fix which I find is rubbish compared to DW. BUY IT GIRLS!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by blooicee

Average concealer. It does cover up pimples quite well, but it lacks enough coverage for undereye circles. It's also quite drying as well...the area under my eyes look very dry if i don't moisturize properly before, and my skin looks very dry as well in the winter whenever I use this concealer to cover up redness. I would not repurchase since I believe there are better, cheaper alternatives available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've bought this one a second time because it's so easy to use and matches my skin. It's very nice but the price is a bit too high for a student like me:) There must be something similar that works just as well, but haven't done my research for a good substitute yet.

But as mentioned, nothing but good things about this one. I have some acne issues and I can just use this on the troubled areas and look naturally good. It doesn't make me break out and stays in place. Under my eyes I get a real healthy glow from it. But it doesn't cover 100% though, so it doesn't work as it should if I have really something to hide... So no, it's not a winner, but good.

EDIT: with a better foundation, this really is able to hide everything. I also use a green concealer on really red parts of skin before applying make up and this little help makes this concealer fully perform; I'd say I get camouflage up to 90%. I don't expect more since I don't think that's possible for the really big zits.

Been testing some other products and must admit that when I check myself after few hours of work in the toilets, I'm always rather amazed that the acne I was so worried about last night is still hidden under Estee Lauder, so my co-workers, friends, family and boyfriend don't see how red and irrited some blemishes are:)

I also appreciate the packaging more since I drag it with me everywhere for a quick touch up.

So yes, I will stay with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by mulhollanddrive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Me c3/nc25; I use this in light/medium. This is pretty much like the DW liquid foundation: Once it sets, it stays all day. I use a primer underneath it - wait, then concealer - wait, then Studiofix powder.
I have been nothing but amazed by this product. Make sure to blend it though, it will not budge when dry. I highly recommend this product, so much better then the Amazing concealer which tends to slide off during the middle of the day.