Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

4.1

New formula: Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Mica]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This sets fairly quickly. Use a brush instead of your fingers and work fast because this sets. I really wish that there were more shades into the concealers. And you must set the concealer. I suggest Laura Mercier Secret Brightener in #2 if you are tanned skinned like me (NC42). I use shade Medium Deep.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Although my ratings are poor for this product, I have to say it's not that bad at all. I have used this for many years. It lasts very long, covers dark circles nicely and I was very happy with it until I reached 35. I have lots of fine lines now under my eyes and I believe a need a "softer" concealer. I would recommend it to a younger person with dark circles. However, Estee really needs to change the packaging: it's unhygienic and the foam tip tears up soon. So, now I'm in search for a new concealer specific for (lots of) fine lines!!

Started using this about four years ago and have repurchased twice in that time. I use it every day so works out very economical for me.

I use the 02 shade on my NC20-NC25 skin and it blends really well. Particularly good under the eye and stays put on blemishes all day without feeling heavy.

I personally hate the DW foundation, because it's way too thick but this concealer is fab

I use this under my eyes and I find that it works really well. I pat a very light moisturizer (Cerave) under my eyes and then, using the wand, just tap a few dots over the circles and smooth it around. Then I set with super-duper cheap ELF HD powder and I am good to go. I don't find that it is great for covering up dark patches or spots but I do like it for under my eyes. I have tried so many, including Bobbi Brown, Lancome, Clinique, Covermark, BeneFit, drugstore, etc. but for under my eyes this is a go-to for me. Not HG, but the best I have found. Nothing covers everything.....

I liked this, but it wasn't amazing. There isn't a huge color range to choose from, and even though I had help from an SA, I still think the color is too light for my skin tone. The one thing I really liked about this concealer is that it really does stay-in-place! I would apply it and it wouldn't budge until I took it off. I just wish there were more colors and I'm not a huge fan of the packaging.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral

I was looking for a concealer to cover not only my midnight dark under eye circles but also those annoying pimples that keep coming along from time to time. It was always the same problem: either the concealer concealed the spots but was unwearable on my eyes (too drying, wrong colouring) or it worked moderately on the eyes but my spots shone more than ever. With this concealer all my problems are solved. It still is not perfect for my under eye area (I have to assume that those shadows can only be concealed by too much photoshop) but it works better than any other concealer/make up I've met so far.
For reference: I am quite fair skinned and I use no.1 which seemed too fair at first but it blends in well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this concealer for about 8 years now, so I obviously love it. I use it all around my eyes, both as a concealer and as an eyeshadow primer. What I like about it is that it's quite heavy coverage (enough for intense genetic undereye circles like mine) but not a cream-based formula, so it can cover my circles all day. I do not like to use creamy concealers b/c I find setting them with powder makes the color and consistency look funky, and this is a good heavy coverage alternative.

However, I *have* had to change my makeup routine to make the concealer work. I can't wear it without foundation or else it looks too dry and obvious, instead I blend foundation into the edges of the concealer. Sometimes the color doesn't look right and it makes me look sick, so I use it as a base and then layer on a little bit of salmon cream-based concealer just in the darkest parts of my undereye circles.

I am definitely a concealoholic. I have to try anything, be it low end or high end. I bought this cos of all the hype. I'm not crazy about it. But this is how I use it and any other long wear concealer (like MAC pro longwear). I think this type of concealers look very bad on bare skin. So, I moisturize, then I use a very creamy concealer and then I set that concealer with the longwear concealer. This way it prevents it from being cakey and it sets the creamy one (I hate using powder to set my concealer). My tips would be: don't use to much of either the creamy concealer nor the longwear one. And if you wanna reapply during the day, take the creamy one with you. Reapplying long wear concealer only makes it look bad and cakey. Just take the creamy one and dab it on the inner corners of your eye, rather then taking it all the way till the outer corner, this way it won't emphasize your lines. It's an ok concealer but for what it does, I prefer the MAC one, though that one also has it's faults. Packaging is whatever and obviously unhygienic, I don't wanna keep recirculating bacterias on my concealer and eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this a couple of years ago and although I really like estee lauder products I felt this was a real disappointment.

I think its far too dry for anyone with skin that can be on the dry side.. uncomfortably so.

I also didn't think the colour was great - unfortunately they don't have a great range and it looked quite orangey on me.

Finally, honestly the coverage wasn't that good on me. I have very dark circles so this is the case with most concealers out there. I need something thick/ and or doesnt make my under eyes look more grey. So I wouldn't use this again.

I have read that the applicator could be improved, perhaps if i'd used it with a brush and then built it up it may have worked better. So i would say its not a good product if you have very dark circles and dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I agree with everything good has been written about this concelear. It is long lasting, it doesn’t crease, it covers dark circles under my eyes decently without enhancing wrinkles/lines and it is also a very good base on the lids for my eye shadows. The colour range is also very natural and flattering. So far, so good.
The only complain I have is the package with the foam tip cap. This is not only unhygienic but also very complex to use. If you use the foam tip directly on the area, you can’t see how much you apply and you also need your finger to spread it around your eyes. And this becomes difficult as soon as you have to apply it in small areas like the inner corner of the eyes. So you are supposed to use an extra concealer brush and of course clean it before and afterward. This can be ok for professional makeup artists or for lucky ladies with plenty of time and room but not for working women on the go, for globetrotter on the plane or in airport bathrooms and for mothers of toddlers/young children with not understanding for mommy’s beauty routine. And the irony is, that especially these women need a concealer more than every thing else. I would wish that packaging designers would consider this aspect and maybe design a handy tube or a pen with a tiny flat brush attached.