April 19, 2014 | 1042 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2007 5:47:00 PM More reviews by luckybamboozled

I've tried several removers and this one has everything I've been looking for.. I must say I dont' think any remover works like magic and takes away all my makeup on the first swipe, but with this remover just a few swipes and no tugging does the trick! I believe I've finally found a good remover!!

1. It doesn't sting my eyes (huge deal)
2. It doesn't make my eyes bloodshot for hours
3. No greasy residue so it's great for makeup mistakes also
4. Removes my mascara and eyeliner with ease
5. Little product is needed and it feels like water instead of all chemically
6. Cheap with nice packaging
7. No raccoon eyes in the morning!

I must mention though I don't wear anything waterproof so I can't say how it would perform on removing waterproof makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2007 1:31:00 PM More reviews by luvbug04

i thought it was a bit expensive for makeup remover but it does a great job at removing eye makeup leaving no nasty residue like some cream makeup removers. i would definetly purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by anutka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for eye makeup removal for Lancome waterproof Definicils mascara to replace Lancome Bi-Facial removal. After reading reviews here, I bought it in Target under $5.00, but unfortunately, it did not work well. It removes OK the regular mascara, while stinging my eyes little bit. However it did nothing for my Lancome waterproof. I have not tried it with other waterproof mascaras, so I'm not sure how it will work. But if you use Lancome waterproofs, then don't waste your money on this cheap stuff. I also tried Sonia Kashuk eye makeup removal to take off Lancome waterproof- not impressed either, it left some mascara on. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by monkey2779

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only eye makeup remover I can, and will use. I'm really suprised at some of the negative reviews, esp in regards to stinging the eyes. I have extremely senstive, contact wearing eyes, and this is one of the only removers I have tried that DOESN'T irritate my eyes. That coupled with the fact that it takes off all of my eye makeup without me having to scrub and tear our my lashes, makes this my dream remover. And it's cheap to boot! Like others have mentioned, I also love that the opening under the flip-cap is just large enough to rest a q-tip without spilling everywhere. I can spot clean mistakes on my eye makeup with total ease.
To make a long story short, this remover has it all. I would pay much more for it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by sugarmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't live without this. Im on my second bottle (the first one lasted 3 months). It's gentle and gets the job done.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2007 10:41:00 AM More reviews by bunnychick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't remove my mascara well enough for my liking. It also stung. The packaging is really good, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Sheepie1813

Hm, I'm rather stumped by the many negative reviews--I guess this reacts differently to each person. However, I think it's a very good product: it takes off my eye makeup in one swoosh and leaves no residue or burning sensation. As others noted, I also love how a Q-tip fits right in the dispenser--this is crucial for me when I overdo something or decide I want to change my shadow w/o changing the mascara. All in all, will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2007 1:12:00 AM More reviews by DivineL

i don't normally use an eye makeup remover bc i just use my regular face wash to wash away all my makeup (even waterproof mascara). but when i need to remove my eye makeup blunder, i use this one. it doesn't leave a residue which i like bc i use it so that i can re-do my eye makeup. i've tried neutrogena, lacome, and clinique. neutrogena took me more than one cotton ball, lacome is pricey, and clinique is a rinse off formula which isn't convenient.

no residue, easily takes off makeup, doesn't sting (i don't have a stinging problem with this one but i did have stinging with the one's listed above.), flip top cap, and inexpensive! what more can you ask for.

1 lippie off simply bc i don't use this often enough to call HG on it. it's not a product that i can't live without, but would still recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by mohmlet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When my local drugstore had a 50% sale on their Rimmel products, I decided (based on MUA reviews) to try it.

At least I didn't pay full price?

It did a mediocre job of removing my eye makeup and stung my eyes while it was at it. I'll be sticking to jojoba oil from now on.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2007 3:40:00 AM More reviews by allausmle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you use makeup, this product is NOT for you. And I mean that. I don't know what this product is for? It is "gentle" enough when it comes to remove makeup, you might as well put water on your cotton ball with the same results, but at least you will not get the same stinging. This stuff STINGS! And DOESN'T remove makeup. I am amazed that some girls like this product. For $4 it is a rip off! Fill the bottle with tap water you will get the same results minus major stinging!