Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (Octyl Methoxycinnamate) (7.5%), Titanium Dioxide (2.4%). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Isocetyl Linoleoyl Stearate, Glycerin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitrite, Polyglyceryl-3-Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Trihydroxystearin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Polyethylene. Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Gingko Biloba Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Manganese Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment Extract, Methicone, Topaz, Quartz, Mother of Pearl, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain Mica, Ultramarines, Carmine, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 3/13/2004 11:02:00 PM

I think I got this on sale on a whim. I like it as a highlighter in the summer, but don't use it enough to warrant buying it again.

on 3/12/2004 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

One thing I have to say about this product - for the quality and amount that you get, you can't beat the price. Especially love the fact that it has SPF15.. something that some cosmetics company should seriously add onto their foundations/tinted moisturisers and such. Got this in Natural Light which suits my somewhere in between LLL/MMM skintone - giving it a subtle healthy glow. Hoping to go on a beach holiday soon.. for which I would stock up on Golden Light for gorgeous GGG skin. Anyway.. I turn brown in a matter of minutes when I'm out sunning myself, either by the pool or the beach. :)

on 3/10/2004 11:52:00 PM

I've heard a lot about this product from the gurls at MUA so thought I'd give it a whirl.
No wonder PPL get hooked on this!
I like to use this as a day foundation,or times when I want to have a glowy look rather than made up look.I started out buying the product in 'Bare',but think I'll stretch my wings a bit & try a new hue next time.I quite like this!!

on 3/10/2004 10:17:00 PM

This is my favorite cosmetic item, period. As I said in another Skinlights review, my 1-minute morning face is Trucco concealer, Skinlights lotion in Pink, and the Skinlights cream blush in Rosy. Truly, I leave the house looking glowy and radiant - it's amazing. I use this all over my face as I don't need to mix it with anything. I am about to finish Pink light and I'm going to try Peach light. Can't wait!

on 3/2/2004 12:11:00 AM

When this product first came out, it excited me so much as I think it was the only one of it's kind. Back then, I was head over heels for the glossy eyelid look - I couldn't wear pigmented make-up without feeling like a drag queen. My, how times have changed. But anyhow, this product is good, but I only ever use it on the eyelids. It's great for daytime but start off with a little - too much and it doesn't blend as well, and looks a bit too shimmery. All in all, great for daywear when you just want to look fresh.

on 2/28/2004 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

A wonderful highlighter. Light and easy to blend. The shimmer is fine too. And it contains vitamin C & E and SPF15. Much better than diffusing tint and loose powder of the same line. Makes your face glowy and healthy esp in the sun!

on 2/22/2004 1:05:00 PM

Wow. Thanks for the reviews. I love this product. It took a few attempts to get the right application. I just mix a dab with moisturizer and foundation. What a nice subtle shimmery glow! Can even wear it to the office. Doesn't sink into lines or highlight fine lines. Great way to perk up the look of tired, sallow skin. Can't wait to try a darker shade when summer comes and I am self tanning.

on 2/4/2004 6:29:00 PM

I have the Skinlights Face Illuminator in shade 01 - Natural Light and it's a great product. It really makes your face look brighter and fresher. The packaging could be better, because the pump is difficult to dispense the lotion with and you often get too much even if you press the pump very slightly. A key to getting this product right is to be very minimalistic in applying it. I use it on my cheekbones and *tiny* amount over my eyebrows. Very, very good product and it's affordable, although not cheap. Buy it anyway!

I love this product, but as others have stated, its very difficult to dispense. I mix this with my Bobbi Brown foundation stick and it gives me a night shimmery look. I find it to be a bit pricey for a drugstore brand.

on 2/3/2004 9:41:00 AM

I have combination skin and never break out and so far I love this product. I would not use this alone or all over your face. Mix it in with your foundation (I use LM tinted moisturizer) mix a very small amount and only put it on the areas you want to highlight (cheekbones, upper lip, jaw, middle of forehead) For the rest of your face just use your regular foundation.

I use natural light (I have light to med skin tone) and I love it. My face looks flawless. I also use this on my shoulders and chest on nights out. ;)