MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 12/22/2009 11:04:00 PM

Love this brush. It's dense enough to pick up shadow nicely, and the size is perfect for a wash of color on my eyes.

on 12/22/2009 5:53:00 PM

I was wondering, does anyone else have the word japan on it at the end? It's a really soft and very universal! I worte I wouldn't buy it again, because I don't need to.

on 12/22/2009 1:32:00 AM

Ehh, I don't see the big fuss on this brush. I want atleast one person to agree with me, it's not soft. At all. It doesn't hurt that much, I guess, but if I try to define the color in the crease, it hurts. Also, the "MAC 139" rubbed off within a week. It's a great brush, but it's so strandard that I don't know why I could spend 20 dollars on it, and I don't know why I did. Mac brushes are soft, but not the softest brushes out there. I like EcoTools brushes soo much more.

on 12/15/2009 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use the 224 for crease and a softer color application. I use the 239 for areas (such as the lid) where I really want to pack on the color. This brush is soft, but perfect for really applying layers of color.

on 12/14/2009 9:40:00 PM

I can't do my makeup without a 239 brush! I have 3 of them I love them so much. Very versatile brush, but I use mine for applying shadow to the lids, and sometimes in the crease. Also works well with pigments and creamy products. This is definitely my most recommended MAC brush, along with the 217.

on 12/11/2009 6:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Can't apply shadow without it. It is a must have for beginners to apply eyeshadow on the lids and also blend them.

on 12/11/2009 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush is soft enough that it doesn't hurt, and is very comfortable, yet stiff enough so that it doesn't lose it's shape when it's used. It's very good for applying pigments and shadows, and it's very nice.

on 12/10/2009 10:20:00 PM

Love it! picks up tons of shadow. firm enough that all the shadow doesn't soak into the bristles, and it distributes color nicely. easy to clean and looks great

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The 239 is my favorite brush for all-over color on the lid. It's extremely well-constructed, has held up to daily use and bi-weekly deep cleaning (with Johnson's Baby Shampoo) as well as quick-washing (with MAC brush cleanser), has shown no signs of shedding. It has white bristles, which can stain if not quick-washed after use of particularly dark or vibrant colors, but this doesn't change the quality of the bristles, just stains them. I would highly recommend this to anyone starting out with makeup or MAC, as it's a must-have for my daily routine.

on 12/6/2009 10:55:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! This is my fave brush of all time. Nothing compares. It's stiff enough so that it picks up lots of colour and therefore makes it so easy to pack it on the lid. It's small so that you can really get right in there and spread the colour out. Perfect for all eye shapes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials